Start by marking “The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder” as Want to Read:
The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder

The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  723 Ratings  ·  145 Reviews
Famed Charles Manson prosecutor and three time #1 New York Times bestselling author Vincent Bugliosi has written the most powerful, explosive, and thought-provoking book of his storied career.In The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder, Bugliosi presents a tight, meticulously researched legal case that puts George W. Bush on trial in an American courtroom for the murde ...more
Published May 27th 2008 by Carroll & Graf (first published January 20th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder

Eric
Jun 06, 2008 rated it really liked it
i am reading this book in short bursts. i have to put it down for a day or two after reading a portion, because i am afraid it will induce a rage-fueled coronary.

how fucking blind are we as a nation? when you sit back, in hindsight, and take in the narrative of the lead-up to the war in iraq, with all the facts in front of you, it is truly amazing the jumbo-sized okeydoke that was pulled on the american people.

the book so far is maddening, sickening, and engrossing. i only wish that more people
Rachel
Jul 15, 2008 rated it really liked it
I used to think George Bush was a sociopath....after reading this book I am convinced he is a true psychopath. Vincent Bugliosi manages to make what could be a law textbook, a genuine page turner; laying out in detail the numerous ways Bush could be tried for murder with arguments hard to argue with.
Michael
Jun 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
Is it a rant? Yes, in places.
Is he correct? Yes, he is!
L
Jul 13, 2008 rated it it was ok
This is an interesting book, but ultimately diappointing. It contains no real surprises, in terms of the lies and rush to war, but it's useful to have all of that documented in one place. Bugliosi's hatred for Bush is visceral and his arguments that Bush is amazingly lazy, with no love for his country or concern or her people are certainly persuasive. At the same time, though, in the midst of documenting Bush's lies & disrespect for us, lies that Congress fell for, Bugliosi also refers to th ...more
Carla Gabriel
Jun 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Excellent assessment of Bush's tenacious rush to go to war. Not much new information if you are a political junkie like me, but I promise you will be furious at the insight of this petty, demented man who is leader of the free world.
Justin
Jun 12, 2008 rated it liked it
For obvious reasons, I was intrigued by the title of this book, but it's a bit of a letdown. I think Bugliosi needed a better editor as the book is about twice as long as it should be. The crux of the argument declared by the title - that it's possible to prosecute a president for lying to the American public - is laid out pretty early in the book. And once you've gone there, what more is there to say? But for whatever reason, the book goes on for another 100-150 pages during the cohesiveness of ...more
Tom
Jul 15, 2008 rated it liked it
A fascinating and infuriating diatribe against the Bush administration and GWB in particular by a career prosecutor (Bugliosi tried and won the Manson murder trial among others). Its overwritten, needs an editor and gets tiring, but is a well organized review of how Bush and his cronies literally manufactured lies to get us into the Iraq war, and remain blissfully unaffected by the death and suffering that has resulted. He makes a reasonable case for the prospect that Bush could indeed be tried ...more
Roger Cottrell
Jan 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Sadly, this is a book that should have been published when Bush was still in office, had just stole the election in Florida and was cynically exploiting 9/11 to pursue an established agenda of Imperialist decline while wrecking the economy at home. The big question now, how long will the Reagan-Bush-W. Bush legacy cast its shadow over subsequent administrations, bearing in mind that Margaret Thatcher is still effectively in office?
Angrywhiteboyclothing
Nov 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe if the average person wasn't so consumed by nonsense and would READ A DAMN book, then maybe... just MAYBE things would be different in this once great country.
Michael Webb
Jun 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Disturbing, but well written and very insightful.
Paul Toth
Sep 25, 2008 rated it it was ok
Well, I read as much as I needed to read, which wasn't much. I avoid preaching-to-the-choir books; that's for weak minds, like Ann Coulter fans, so certain of their own beliefs that they need to be told what their "thoughts" are. I had believed Bugliosi to be conservative-minded. A conservative arguing that Bush should be tried for murder would be something. Alas, I was mistaken. This book will convince only the convinced.

I already know GWB has more innocent blood on his hands than Pilate and mo
J. Dolan
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When it comes to the disgraceful chapter in U.S. history that was the two-term (!) administration of that warmongering buffoon George W. Bush, every American, every human being, should feel the same anguished rage that darkens almost every page of Mr. Bugliosi's Prosecution.
The author does do his best to remain dispassionate when describing that administration's criminal war against the people of Iraq, but despite his stature as one of this country's better-known prosecuting attorneys and legal
Wendy Wilkins Valdez
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
You want outrage? You want vindication of your feelings that the things Bush did were wrong? Are you not quite sure if what happened was right or wrong when we went into Iraq? You need to read this. Mr. Bugliosi is wordy and sometimes takes a while to get to the point, but if you stick with it, you will see that it isn't just a rallying cry from the left that the things he did were wrong. Quite probably illegal. And, the legal arguments presented by Mr. Bugliosi will astound you because he lays ...more
Diane Kistner
Oct 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm three chapters into this book, and I can only conclude with horror that George W. Bush is a complete psychopath. No, worse: A psychopath who doesn't believe the Constitution and rule of law applies to him. Here I was thinking maybe he'd have sense enough not to attack Iran and/or Syria before he gets out of office. Now I'll be really surprised if he doesn't, along about September or October.

In the first three chapters of this book, Bugliosi juxtaposes the words and behaviors of our smirking,
Scott Rhee
May 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, politics, law
I wrote the following in May 2012, apparently during a very angry time in my life. Of course, election season was heating up, just as it is now. In January. While my vicious tone and inappropriate language is a bit embarrassing, I still, for the most part, agree with just about everything I wrote in it. Bugliosi's book, by the way, is a compelling argument and much of my vitriol is due to his thorough research. Much of what he wrote is public knowledge now anyway. I should say that I don't hate ...more
Vannessa Anderson
The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder provides conclusive evidence for prosecuting George W. Bush for Murder!

Author Vincent Bugliosi outlines the legal course that can be taken to bring not only George W. Bush on charges of murder but also Carl Rove, Dick Cheney, and Condoleezza Rice!

Bugliosi provides evidence of Bush’s involvement with Al-Qaeda and 911, and evidence that Bush knew Sudan Hussein never had WMD (weapons of mass destruction).

Bugliosi provides evidence of how George W. Bush
Barbara Oneto
Oct 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
Vincent Bugliosi has an exceptional talent in seeing the truth without being distracted. Anyone who still doesn't understand why some of us despise George w. Bush need only read Part I to learn why he and his adminstration are such a disgrace.

In Part II, veteran prosecutor Bugliosi makes the specific legal case for the potential prosecution of the former president for murder. He demonstrates why and how both federal and state courts have jurisdiction, and reminds us that there is no statute of
Josh
Sep 04, 2008 rated it really liked it
Wow... and people thought I hated the president.

This book, is well, it's something else all right. Since my first reading of To Kill a Mockingbird last month, I've been considering law school. Yes, yes, I know. But this book made me want to do it. The case is clearly laid out that according to legal precedent, George W. Bush is legally responsible for the violent deaths of over 4,000 Americans and that any prosecutor in the country would be within their jurisdiction to bring him up on charges on
Doug
Jun 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
Interesting idea, well written, and gives a good overview of the deception and illegality of the war with Iraq.
Kevin
Jul 14, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone, especially blind W fans
60 pages in: WOW - better hang on for this one! Compelling stuff; do I think it well ever happen? I'm too cynical to believe that it would. Would I rejoice? Picture me with a bowl of popcorn glued to the idiot box tuned to CNN.

Just finished this last night. What an eye-opener! If Bugliosi wasn't a respected and successful prosecutor, I would be less apt to pay this any mind. I've never been a fan of G.W. (call me crazy, but I think that the leader of our country should, at the very least, be abl
Sharon
May 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
I struggled with how to rate this book; famed prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi lays out his arguments in a convincing and logical fashion, and his evidence is spot-on. In the end, I admit that I took off a star for some of his editorializing; despite the fact that I agreed with his comments much of the time, I found them out of place in an otherwise objective and fact-based book.

Bugliosi examines both the rule of law and and the many ways in which laws were violated by George W. Bush and his administ
Gus Sanchez
Aug 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
Not that that sonofabitch W would ever be sent to trial, but famed prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi presents a compelling argument for bringing murder charges against George W. Bush.

Bugliosi steers clear (at times) from partisan rhetoric, and presents ample evidence for bringing about charges of murder against Bush in a criminal setting. Though there's a lot of data and documentation to sift through, Bugliosi's case is compelling. Even if it's about as likely as you and I becoming billionaires.
Alex
Aug 09, 2008 rated it really liked it
My only complaint is that Bugliosi made several arguments referencing the general downturn of the USA culture in a "these kids today" way...like how there was a rap song that won Best Song Oscar a few years ago. He goes on to say something to the effect of: come on people, rap isn't even music! Regardless of what you think of rap, or how dough faced you think Karl Rove looks, it doesn't add to the otherwise devastating case he makes against GWB.
Mike Hughes
Sep 23, 2008 rated it liked it
Although pretty much a rehash of things I already knew, Bugliosi lays out a pretty compelling and logical case for the prosecution of our current president. It details all of Bush's lies and ignoring of truth while taking us into Iraq, which, of course, has led to the death of thousands of people.
Lonni
Jul 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Lonni by: Bill Weir
Read for OLLI - interesting concept but very left wing! Charles Manson prosecutor author. Too much emotion. LBJ at least agonized over Vietnam apparently. Author's claim of not partisan is laughable.
Lara
May 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
For the first time, he let his personal feelings get in the way of his rational mind. And his editor let him get away with ranting for far too long. It could have been summed up in a long blog post.
Eliza
Oct 11, 2010 is currently reading it
Enragingly full of evidence, bringing back memories of the confusion, lies, and blatant misguidance of the American public.
Shaun
Jun 18, 2009 rated it really liked it
As you can obviously tell, this book is by a lawyer (a really good one at that) who builds a case on why President George W. Bush should be prosecuted for murder by sending our troops to Iraq. What makes him different? After all, many presidents in the past have sent our troops to war, how come they don’t get prosecuted? Bugliosi’s case is that Bush purposely lied to get the American people involved in the war in Iraq. It’s a bold statement. Bugliosi uses Bush’s speech to Congress on October 11, ...more
Riley Haas
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
"I have "read" one book by Vincent Bugliosi before (I say "read" because it was an audio book) and in that book Bugliosi impressed me with his rather ruthless rigour of thought about an issue that was clouded by too many books and opinions. (His treatment of the Kennedy Assassination is a must-read.)
But this book is a pale imitation. Instead of a rigorous, thorough prosecution of Bush - and there is that in part - we get character assassination, out of control hyperbole and personal attacks agai
James F.
Feb 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
"The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder" was a thoughtful, entertaining, complex and disturbing read for me. Though I finished this read some time ago, I waited until now to state some of my feelings regarding this book and its contents.

I cannot claim to have understood every one of the legal nuances of this nonfiction book. But I can claim that I came away from the read with feelings of optimism as well as dread. The feelings of optimism stem from the notion that at least some portion of
Stoelting Ultrascribe polygraph 10 7 Nov 16, 2016 07:37PM
  • Standard Operating Procedure
  • Losing America: Confronting a Reckless and Arrogant Presidency
  • Running on Empty: How the Democratic and Republican Parties Are Bankrupting Our Future and What Americans Can Do About It
  • Worse Than Watergate: The Secret Presidency of George W. Bush
  • What Happened: Inside the Bush White House and Washington's Culture of Deception
  • A Tragic Legacy: How a Good vs. Evil Mentality Destroyed the Bush Presidency
  • The New Pearl Harbor: Disturbing Questions About the Bush Administration & 9/11
  • The Family: The Real Story of the Bush Dynasty
  • Bushwhacked: Life in George W. Bush's America
  • Bush on the Couch: Inside the Mind of the President
  • Who Killed the Constitution?: The Assault on American Law and the Unmaking of a Nation
  • The Bush Tragedy
  • House of Bush, House of Saud: The Secret Relationship Between the World's Two Most Powerful Dynasties
  • Angler: The Cheney Vice Presidency
  • American Fascists: The Christian Right and the War On America
  • Worried Sick: A Prescription for Health in an Overtreated America
  • The Way of the World: A Story of Truth and Hope in an Age of Extremism
  • Chain of Command: The Road from 9/11 to Abu Ghraib
American attorney and author, best known for prosecuting Charles Manson and his followers for the murder of Sharon Tate and others.

In his books he claimed that O.J Simpson and Lee Harvey Oswald were guilty of the crimes they were accused of.

In his latest book he states that George W. Bush should be prosecuted for murder.

Bugliosi lived in Pasadena, CA.
More about Vincent Bugliosi...