Start by marking “Gemstone” as Want to Read:
Gemstone

Gemstone

"But I can't give you what you want," she murmured urgently.

A day of her time was all Geoffrey Parker wanted. Once he'd had it all. Sara had been his wife, an eighteen-year-old Iowa farm girl invading the Parker's fabulous domain of wealth and power. For two years Sara had submitted to Cecelia Parker's indomitable will, then left to make it on her own. Eight years --
Unknown Binding, Candlelight Ecstasy Romance, #186, 188 pages
Published December 31st 1983 by Dell Publishing Company (first published November 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Gemstone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gemstone

Start your review of Gemstone
Judy Churchill
This was an early novel - 80s. It was short with little plot, but the characters were endearing. It was a cheerful story.
Season
Jan 16, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This one was a little too wordy for me, not enough dialoge. Could have used a little less description also, but otherwise, it was a simple read, nice on a quiet day.
Merrin
I read this book because my friend and I bought each other romance bundles at half price, but duuuuuuuude.

So it's from 1983 and reads like it. It has all the high powered ladies with shoulder pads empowerment you expect from the era, along with a whole heaping of emotional manipulation from the dude on the question of motherhood. So pointed, in fact, that the orphaned child of their dead best friends is used as a bargaining chip to manipulate her into a marriage of convenience, which is only
Amanda
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow this book dragged me in right away. I didnt want to put it down. This book was well written and really good at showing the ups and downs of a relationship. The imagery used really helps to set the scene and I really enjoyed that this book went back and forth between the main characters. You know what each one is thinking, which make you feel for the characters even more. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes romance and action packed books. ...more
Barbara Cryer
Pretty basic romance.
Marla Milligan
1st time I read this author and I liked her reading style. It was easy to read and it was a cute love
story!!
Gail
Aug 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Denise Sawyer
A typical lovestory with a few surprises thrown in. Does make you think about how our families affect our marriages but also how time and maturity can change a relationship.
Louise
Mar 20, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: women-s-fiction
This was a nice, easy, afternoon read!

From back cover:

"It's been eight years since Sara McCray has seen her ex-husband, Jeff Parker, after she fled their San Francisco mansion and stifling life controlled by his domineering mother. But the naive young bride has returned a confident woman with her own business. Jeff, too, has changed. Since his mother's death he's become his own man, masterfully in control of the family business and estate.

When they meet, the strong attraction that brought them
Skate Penny
Ohh. It's really a lovely romantic novel. Very easy to read. At first I thought... what kind is this? Just because of a very shallow and petty proposal they're gonna remarry? But then I realized the depth of the decisions that they made. Tugged my heartstrings to the fullest! It's not my fave Delinsky book though but it's alright. Hihi. :)
Rita
Oct 24, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was my least favorite of Barbara Delinsky's books that I've read so far. It seemed almost feudal in the relationship between Jeff and Sara. He can't possibly believe the situation he's set up for her will be acceptable, and....well, it's just not as believable a story as I usually enjoy from this author.
Aryan
Jul 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Greetings,
I have read this book earlier which made me go through gaining knowledge on gemstones.
And so i visited Gemstoneuniverse which is located in bangalore and had a wonderful experience over there. It have variety of jyotish quality gemstones at http://www.gemstoneuniverse.com

VLynch
Oct 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: drama
Another good Barbara Delinsky book, not as raw or as emotional as While my Sister Sleeps or a few of her other books. This one is more of a cold winter pajama day wrapped up in a Snuggie sipping hot chocolate easy to read romance. As always the writing and storyline flows effortless.
April Suter
Very 80's glamour. Sara and her ex has been divorced for 8 years and she comes home to a funeral for their friends and Jeff has the couple's little girl. He makes a crazy proposal and maybe it just might work.
306 pages
Tina
2.5 stars.
Kay
Jun 05, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fast reading love story. The deal is made but the two lovers must finally admit to each other that they have that lasting love. An interesting story but not too much meat to it.
Becky
Jan 21, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was my first Barbara Delinsky book I read. I liked it very much. A good read
Trish Mitchell
i really enjoyed this books but then again i haven't read one of her books i didn't like
Linda
Ryan Becker
Aug 21, 2011

• Nantucket White Christmas: A feel-good, small town, Christmas story
  • A Vineyard Summer
  • Kincaid's Hope (Virginia Country Roads #3)
  • White Pines Summer
  • This Heart of Mine (Whiskey Creek, #8)
  • Moral Compass
  • Best Kept Secrets
  • Hidden Fires
  • The Love Season
  • Nantucket Neighbors (Nantucket Beach Plum Cove series Book 2)
  • Madam, Will You Talk?
  • A Treasure Worth Seeking
  • French Silk
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
  • Slow Heat in Heaven
  • The Christmas Spirits on Tradd Street  (Tradd Street, #6)
  • The Nantucket Inn (Nantucket Beach Plum Cove #1)
  • Breath of Scandal
A pseudonym used by Barbara Delinsky

Barbara Ruth Greenberg was born on August 9, 1945, in Newton, a suburb of Boston, Massachusetts, where she raised in a family of lawyers. Her mother died of breast cancer, when she was eight, it was the defining event of a childhood that was otherwise ordinary. She took piano lessons and flute lessons. She took ballroom dancing lessons. She went to summer camp

News & Interviews