Start by marking “If I Could Turn Back Time” as Want to Read:
If I Could Turn Back Time

If I Could Turn Back Time

The laugh-out-loud love story of the year!

If you love Lindsey Kelk and Mhairi McFarlane's YOU HAD ME AT HELLO, you'll love this book...

What if you found The One, then lost him again?

Or not so much lost him as became the neurotic, needy girlfriend from hell. The girl who tried to make him choose between her and his job, and got seriously paranoid about his relationship with
Published April 10th 2014 by Headline Review (first published October 24th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about If I Could Turn Back Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If I Could Turn Back Time

Start your review of If I Could Turn Back Time
Ali
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Aaawww, this was such a lovely, cute read! I really liked it!

I'm not a big fun of the "Back to the Future" type of books, because most times they are either way too far fetched or just go into a an overriding story, which has little to do with the initial offset.
This one is a really good one. It's not too far fetched, it doesn't go into semi-magical way off the track. And it's funny, it's believable, and it's the one that makes you think: Ah, if I could turn back time, I'd want to be like Zoë..
Diem
Feb 20, 2017 added it
Shelves: adult, dnf
If this is not 'Lindsey Kelk and Mhairi McFarlane' level of rom com as the blurb has lead me to believe I WILL BLOW A FUSE.

ETA
I have no interest in finding out what was going to happen to the main character.

No where near Lindsey Kelk or Mhairi McFarlane level of fabulousness, unfortunately.
Book Addict Shaun
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
I was very excited to read this book and I was not disappointed! One of my favourite ever films is Back to the Future and I used to be majorly obsessed with time travel as a kid, to the point where I would tightly close my eyes and wish that when I opened them I'd gone back in time. Well, it never worked... The problem is a lot of time travel fiction that I've read just isn't very good. Most recently I read STEP BACK IN TIME by one of my favourite authors Ali McNamara and the time travel element ...more
Kirsty Eloise
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic read, keeps you gripped all the way through with a really good story line. I wish books like this never end!!
Charanya
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars

I love the clean fun writing of this author. This one had a magical element and although the last few pages felt like a cop-out it was heartwarming and funny with a sweet wonderful romance

What I liked:-
1) The magical time turning element. There was a lot of fun to be had with it, I liked that author mused that Zoe never really used her power for the greater good but just change stuff around from last time ever since the disastrous break up with her ex
2) All of the side characters especi
Jenny Jo Weir
First off, shout out to Ali for her review on this book. It intrigued me enough to make me want to read it for myself and she was right by all accounts. It's funny and different. I was a tad flustered and confused a time or two but nothing too difficult to keep me from following along. It was entertaining and I'm glad I read it.
Samantha
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is the first book I have read by Nicola, I was unsure what to expect. The blurb really grabbed me and I thought I would give it a go, I am so glad I did!

This has to be one of the quickest books I have ever read! I would put it in the same category as Sophie Kinsella and Lindsey Kelk! The writing style makes it very easy to loose track of time and spend a whole day devouring the book. It flows fantastically and I felt that you could really connect to Zoe, the main character.

To begin with I
Maryline M's Bookshelf
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This review was first published at M's Bookshelf - http://mssbookshelf.blogspot.com

I really enjoyed reading If I Could Turn Back Time. Both the catchy title and beautiful cover made me take notice: this book just screamed "fun"!
One of the best things about it is the fact that the blurb/synopsis doesn't give away too much. You can sit back and enjoy Zoë's story without having any spoilers in the back of your mind.
As for Zoë, she's a wonderful MC. I instantly liked her. She gets herself into a fe
Jo
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My friend Kay recommended this one and as we have very similar taste in books I knew she wouldn't steer me wrong.
I was hooked from the very beginning and couldn't put it down. I loved reading Zoe's adventures as she literally relived the past, changing the things she thought she'd done wrong last time and the knock on effect it had.
This was my first Nicola Doherty book, but it won't be my last!
Soleita666
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great eBook . I downloaded few days from http://mostebooks.com/eBook-2104-if_i... and its amazing ...more
Zoe
Sep 28, 2018 rated it liked it
*3.5 Stars*

This was one of those fluffy feel good rom-coms.
Zoe makes a wish one day - a wish to go back in time and win back her first love and have the perfect life. To her surprise the wish comes true and she gets a second chance at love.

Very sweet. Very light. Good little read.
Laura | What's Hot?
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
If I Could Turn Back Time follows the story of Zoe Kennedy as she desperately tries to repair her relationship with the love of her life, David. It's nearing Christmas and Zoe is still miserable about her break up with perfect David which happened back in September. Then, after one wild night out, she wakes up in David's bed. Six months in the past. After the initial shock, Zoe realises that this is perfect. She's been given the opportunity to redo her relationship with David without becoming th ...more
Agi
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite, 2014
This is my first book by Nicola Doherty although I have both of her previous books on my kindle, and I'm going to read them as soon as possible because If I Could Turn Back Time has ticked all the boxes on my list for best chick - lit books.

The book follows the story of Zoe who's just out of a relationship with her boyfriend, very well respected surgeon David. To tell that she's devastated would be a misunderstanding, Zoe is in pieces and she would do anything to have him back. She would do ever
Anna-lena Schmitz
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
I was surprised how much I loved this book, Zoe was a really relateable character and I liked the way her story was told. Eventhough I don't believe in time-travel, all the other themes made the book really realistic. Plus, the setting of the book (London, New York and her being from Ireland) was just wonderful.
Hannah ford
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Great book I couldn't put it down really hope there will be a sequel to it its funny and makes you think twice about things
Beckie
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted at: http://beckiesbookmix.blogspot.co.uk/...

Zoe is devastated when her boyfriend David breaks up with her. She knows she hasn't been the model girlfriend but is convinced he is the one for her. When Zoe wakes up one morning a few months before she went to sleep, she's ecstatic! None of the mistakes she made with David have happened yet and she's able to do a re-write. How will Zoe edit her life and what will she learn about herself in the process?

I must admit I have a soft spot
Jennifer Joyce
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Zoe Kennedy's life isn't going to plan. Her change of career hasn't worked out as well as she'd hoped and she threw away her chance of happiness with the wonderful David Fitzgerald by being needy and jealous of the bond he had with his best female friend, Jenny. But when Zoe makes a wish to be with David again, she finds herself travelling back six months in time, to when her relationship with David was still in tact. Zoe has the chance to do things differently this time so that she and David ca
Rosie Read
Apr 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
As a character Zoë grabbed me instantly; an ambitious, fashion loving twenty-something living in the midst of London and stuck in a bit of a rut, she's definitely a character that's easy to relate to. Working in retail in one of London's biggest department stores and desperate for advancement Zoë's life changes when she wishes she could just go back in time and get her boyfriend back. The fun starts when Zoë wakes up to find herself months in the past, just before things started to go wrong, and ...more
Rebeca Figueiredo
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Ellen May
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Let's start by saying I just totally loved this. By no means will it be a literary classic, or even one of the best books I've ever read BUT I just loved it. Easy to read, consuming and charming... I cared about Zoë and found myself unable to put the book down. It was predictable in places but an easy, fluffy chick lit book. I really didn't like the ending, too lazy and obvious, but it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the story- so still 5*.
Saumya
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is one of those books that has a surprisingly fresh plot but just has anti-feminist vibes.
Guess I should give up on chick-lits.

>> 3.5 🌟

trigger warning: alzheimer's disease

Auni
May 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
2 stars
Nisa
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favs
I rarely read love stories or love-fiction books, but this caught my eye in a carousell night market. Took it up, read the back cover, paid for RM10.
I was totally hooked even on Chapter 1 till the end.
I didn't care if it had passed the rule of physic related on time-travelling, because the whole read was easygoing and anticipating.
I could feel myself sharing emotions with Zoe, even dropped a tear when she met David's parents for the first time that night (and with that Jenny there).
I also lik
Debbie Roughley
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book. I'm sure everyone has at some point in their life thought 'If only I could go back and do it again!' This book takes that idea and runs with it. Zoe wakes up one morning 6 months back in time and has the opportunity to change all the things she believes she did wrong which led to her break up with David and current state of being miserable. Cleverly written with humour so we were aware of the original mistakes Zoe thought she had made throughout each scenario before she ...more
Reffi Dhinar
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I can predict the plot after I read that Zoe Kennedy is never being herself when she is with his boyfriend. A hear surgeon boyfriend is maybe kinda a husband material for her, but Zoe isn't comfortable when she meets her parents in law to be. Max isn't her type, but watch out, when you start to reveal yourself and talking without any stress with a guy like an old friend, sometimes the spark just begins. Cute, easy to read, funny, I love all of the characters hoho
Ellen
May 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
I was hoping for an entertaining easy read - it was an easy read, but not entertaining really.

The story-line has potential, but I feel it wasn't used to the fullest. Also didn't really like the characters, and the events were really predictable.. I will refrain from spoilers.
Ross pinkerton
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it.

If you enjoy a romantic amusing easy reading book then go for it. I found myself smiling away throughout. Great read
joss
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice easy slightly trashy read....I enjoyed it!
Tracy
Feb 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-aty
I loved this....up until the last chapter. What happened there? It was definitely predictable, but exactly the kind of fluff I needed right now.
Jacqueline Holman
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this one-was worth a second read
« previous 1 3 next »

• First Love
  • Mirror, Mirror
  • You're the One That I Want
  • The Bucket List to Mend a Broken Heart
  • Fat Girl Slim: Chicklit with a wicked twist, sooo not a diet book.
  • Do You Come Here Often?
  • The List: the bestselling laugh-out-loud romcom of the year!
  • Panic (Panic, #1)
  • It Started With a Tweet
  • The Single Mums' Mansion (Single Mums' Mansion, #1)
Hi, I'm Nicola.

I grew up in Monkstown, Co. Dublin and studied English at Trinity College, Dublin and at Oxford. I worked in publishing for several years before writing my first book The Out of Office Girl.

Since then I've written four more books - If I Could Turn Back Time and Girls on Tour for adults, and Love and Other Man-Made Disasters and Lola Offline which are YA romances.

These days, readi