Start by marking “Holding Out for a Hero” as Want to Read:
Holding Out for a Hero

Holding Out for a Hero

Scarlett Fever
by Christine Bell and Ella Dane
After five years in training, it's finally time for Scarlett Fever and her fellow superheroes to leave the United Superhero Academy and test their powers out in the real world. There's only one problem. She's been assigned to partner with arrogant, by the book, and irritatingly hot, Blade of Justice.
Blade's whole life has gone
Published January 14th 2013 by Entangled: Ever After (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Holding Out for a Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holding Out for a Hero

Start your review of Holding Out for a Hero
Melindeeloo
Holding Out for a Hero was sort of an oddball mix of stories: three with super heroes in the lead and one with a super-villain in the lead, and the sensuality of the four stories was all over the map. One thing that surprised me about the collection is that the stories were all a bit longer than you would normally find in an anthology. The cover descriptions for these stories are all pretty good, so I am not blurbing this time around.

Scarlett Fever, by Christine Bell and Ella Dane - This was my
Annabelle Heath
While this was an enjoyable read, it was really a bit of a mixed bag in terms of quality. Every story was enjoyable but, for me, the last was far and away the best of the bunch. The rating reflects an average, and I've given each story a separate rating.

I love a bit of 'opposites attract' and Scarlett Fever totally delivered on that front, and though it was fairly obvious who the enemy was, I could forgive that for the steamy chemistry between the major characters and the gradual realisation
Marlene
Feb 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
This review originally published at Reading Reality. My dual review of the other stories in the book published at Book Lovers Inc.

I still hear the song. Whenever I read that phrase, "holding out for a hero", I still hear Bonnie Tyler's version, her slightly raspy delivery, punctuated by drumbeats...or gunfire.

But the words still resonate. In the song, it wasn't merely a hero. Oh, no, not just a hero.

I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's
Rhianna
Feb 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
A Superb Collection of Modern Superpowered Romances

Having previously read and enjoyed FROM THE ASHES (5 stars) and PLAYING WITH FIRE (3 stars) when they were individually released on 2012 I was thrilled to get the entire anthology in my hands. In the interest of keeping this review to a length that won't bore you please note that you can find my reviews for the former novellas under their respective pages on whichever outlet this review is posted on. Instead of going over them again let me focus
Kristen
Jan 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
GENRE: Fantasy Romance
THEME: Superheroes
RECEIVED: Entangled Publishing
BLOG: http://seeingnight.blogspot.com/

REVIEW:
As a huge comic book lover Im always on the look out for superhero stories and wish their were more out there. I was thrilled to hear about this anthology Holding Out for a Hero, meaning I get multiple hero stories all in one book. This was by far my favorite anthology and introduced me to authors that Ill be looking out for.

Holding Out for a Hero consist of four short stories that
April
Jan 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Disclosure: This ebook was provided to me free of charge through NetGalley for the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments, and ratings are my own.

Really interesting tale that had my attention the whole time. The pace was wonderful and the characters engaging. Great dynamic in the relationship that made it very believable. Beautiful storytelling that entertained the whole time!

It had really great flow and did the job of making me think at times. I love a book that taps into my
Jane H
Nov 26, 2013 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the creativity of these stories. Each has some similarities as if the four authors were given a few characteristics or a broad parameter, then told to go use their imaginations. However, every story is so different and unique from the last, that in other ways the stories bear almost no resemblance to one another. I apparently didn't read read the quick synopses of all the stories before starting (in fact I am pretty sure I only read the blurb about the first one) cause I was surprised ...more
Riley Murphy
Mar 01, 2013
Marie Andersson
Apr 19, 2013
Tamara Morgan
Jan 14, 2013 marked it as i-wrote-it  ·  (Review from the author)
Nicole
Feb 07, 2013
Tina Sievewright
Ruta Nirea
Nico Rosso
Feb 11, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this
Stella
is currently reading it
Feb 17, 2013
Christine Bell is a romance author and also writes erotic romance as Chloe Cole. She and her handsome hubby currently reside in Pennsylvania with a four-pack of teenage boys. If she gets time off from her duties as maid, chef, chauffeur, or therapist, she can be found reading just about anything she can get her hands on, from Young Adult novels to books on poker theory. She doesnt like root beer, ...more

News & Interviews