Start by marking “Dreams Made Flesh (The Black Jewels, #5)” as Want to Read:
Dreams Made Flesh (The Black Jewels, #5)

Dreams Made Flesh (The Black Jewels #5)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  14,077 Ratings  ·  309 Reviews
Return to the realm of the Blood in Dreams Made Flesh—featuring four revelatory all-new adventures of Jaenelle and her kindred….

Jaenelle is the most powerful Witch ever known, centuries of hopes and dreams made flesh at last. She has forged ties with three of the realm’s mightiest Blood warriors: Saetan, the High Lord of Hell, who trains Jaenelle in magic and adopts her as
Published February 7th 2006 by Roc (first published January 2nd 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Dreams Made Flesh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dreams Made Flesh

Melissa
Aug 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
From the moment I began reading the first book in Anne Bishop's Black Jewel Series I was captivated, moved, and entralled with the story and the characters. Having fallen in love with the dark jewel trilogy I was expecting a lot from this book. AND I got it... The book consists of 4 stories. Usually I am not a big fan of short stories, but "The Prince of Ebon Rih" and "Kaeleer's Heart" are long enough, and detailed enough to be really satisfying. I really liked the way the story of Lucivar and M ...more
Sevie
Nov 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book contains 4 short stories set in the world of Anne Bishop's Black Jewels Trilogy and should only be read by those who have read at least the first 3 books. You don't need to read the 4th book as it has nothing to do with the events in this book. **Warning** If you haven't read the first 3 books there could be possible SPOILERS in this review.

The first story in Dreams Made Flesh is called "Weaver of Dreams" and my interpretaion is its about how the dream weaver spiders came to be. Out o
Debrac2014
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good collection of stories! Ties up some loose strings! I just love these characters!
✼Danielle✼
Read 10th June 2014
I loved this books of four stories ~~ ★★★★★

Weaver of Dreams (2%)
This story is about the creation of Dreams

The Prince of Ebon Rih (4%)
Lucivar and Marian
I love seeing Lucivar and Marian fall in love. Was so great so see more of Luciver

Zuulaman (52%)
Saetan
Zuulaman was mentioned briefly queen of the darkness. This short story tell what happened. I thought I already hated Hekatah, but this story cements that. I love Saetan.

Kaeleer's Heart (61%)
Jaenelle and Daemon
This story is set
Tatiana Vila
Oct 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
And I thought "Queen of The Darkness" was a terrific ending...this book attach all the loose strings on the past books, and in what way!!!
We got to know more about Lucivar and Marian (a delightful and exciting story) and of course, what happened with Daemon and Jaenelle. I mean--sigh--their story is one of the most romantic and heartmelting stories I've ever seen. If you go and look "unconditional love" in a dictionary, their names would be placed next--in capital letters. Just breathtaking...
Liz
I have reread this book so many times that spine is more a series of creases than anything else.

Popsugar 2016 Reading Challenge | Task 40: A book guaranteed to bring you joy

Prior to 2016:I loved the story about Marian and Lucivar, it was such a hole in plot during Queen of the Darkness.
Gardavson
Holy crap, I love this woman! (author) I love her people, i love her world, I love her story. I want to be a part of it. The characters are worth their weight in gold. I never want this to end, never! This book was actually four short stories. Loved every one of them. I'm not a lover of novellas, but I loved these.is there a limit on how many times I can say love?
Magda Pais
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-own, 2017
Está a ser um verão excelente, este em que volto a mergulhar neste mundo negro e fantástico em cujo universo se passa a série Joias Negras. De tal modo que considero, de bom grado, voltar a ler os três volumes principais, logo que terminem as férias e que acabe de ler estes volumes independentes entre si mas que estão interligados. Como uma teia de sonhos, construída pela feiticeira Anne Bishop para gaudio dos seus fãs – onde me incluo.
Dividido em quatro histórias, este volume responde a algumas
Darkphoenix
Sep 07, 2016 rated it liked it
I loved the first three books and I loved the characters and I liked the way that arc ended. The trouble with Dreams Made Flesh is that ideally it should have focused on secondary characters, like the other queens instead of sticking with Jaenelle and Daemon. Allow me to explain.

I liked the first story about the creation of the Web of Dreams, it was interesting, like an origin story. Then there was the second story about the courtship of Lucivar and Marian and even that was enjoyable. But in tha
Goodreads Librari...: Change description 2 25 Apr 24, 2016 12:32PM
  • Kushiel's Justice (Imriel's Trilogy, #2)
  • King of Sword and Sky (Tairen Soul, #3)
  • The Cursed Towers (The Witches of Eileanan, #3)
  • The Fire Opal (Lost Continent, #4)
  • A Demanda do Visionário (A Saga do Assassino #5)
  • Restoration (Rai-Kirah, #3)
Anne Bishop lives in upstate New York where she enjoys gardening, music, and writing dark, romantic stories. She is the author of fourteen novels, including the award-winning Black Jewels Trilogy. Her most recent novel, Twilight’s Dawn, made the New York Times bestseller list. She is currently working on a new series, which is an urban dark fantasy with a bit of a twist.

Crawford Award (2000)

Librar
More about Anne Bishop...

The Black Jewels (9 books)
  • Daughter of the Blood (The Black Jewels #1)
  • Heir to the Shadows (The Black Jewels, #2)
  • Queen of the Darkness (The Black Jewels, #3)
  • The Invisible Ring (The Black Jewels, #4)
  • Tangled Webs (The Black Jewels, #6)
  • The Shadow Queen (The Black Jewels, #7)
  • Shalador's Lady (The Black Jewels, #8)
  • Twilight's Dawn (The Black Jewels, #9)
“Is that why you've been pushing me away? Because of how you look? [...] I waited for you my whole life. Yearned for you my whole life. After Tersa told me you were coming, I spent seven hundred years searching for you[....] I never gave a damn what you looked like--tall, short, fat, thin, plain, beautiful, ugly. Why would I care about what you looked like? The flesh was the shell that housed the glory[....] Even if I couldn't be your physical lover, there are other ways to be a lover and I know them all. So don't stand there and tell me how you feel depends on how you look! 223 likes
“I lost nothing I regret losing," Witch said softly. "I am what I want to be.” 20 likes