Start by marking “Judas Island (Bay Tanner, #4)” as Want to Read:
Judas Island (Bay Tanner, #4)

Judas Island (Bay Tanner #4)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  231 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
After an abruptly-ended stay in Paris, Bay Tanner is more than happy to return home to South Carolina and immerse herself back into the tranquil scenery, small-town gossip, and affection of numerous concerned friends. But her peaceful return is short-lived when her fledgling detective agency gets a new client-Gray Palmer, an archeologist friend of Bay's sleuthing partner E ...more
Published May 3rd 2005 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published May 6th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Judas Island, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Judas Island

Amy
Feb 27, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
Gloria Mccracken
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Poor Bay Tanner can't catch a break. Now her hot romance with her French spy has blown up. Oh well, let's go home and see what kind of life-threatening danger she can get into. As usual, plenty. Of course. Otherwise, there wouldn't be much of a book, now would there? A quick read, with Bay only being the usual amount of immature and impulsive.
Chris
Mar 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Brenda
Feb 14, 2013 rated it liked it
After reading at least four Bay Tanner books, I can tell you this is not one of the best and far from it. This one was not fleshed out the way the others are, I wonder if Kathryn R. Wall felt rushed into writing this one, because that is how it feels, rushed and not well thought out. I had a lot of stop and go while reading this book, I literally got bored reading it and almost quit several times.
It basically starts with a friend of Eric's calling and hiring Bay and Eric, because he found somet
Dt
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book had potential but it was hard for me to get past some major annoyances. I did enjoy the well written descriptions of all the settings which really made you feel like you were there. What I could not stand, however, was how a climactic scene would begin to unfold only to be suddenly cut off at the end of the chapter. Instead of the next chapter picking up where it left off, there was a "fast forward" to an entirely new scene where the characters would rehash bits and pieces of what the ...more
Kae Cheatham
Sep 13, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Bay Tanner, accountant and neophyte detective, is recovering from the violent death of her husband two years previous, a previous violent case, and a new romance gone askew. She returns home to Hilton Head, SC and is called into investigative action by a colleague/friend who's college friend wants more knowledge about a human bone he found. This main story spins out to include her indomitable father and his housekeeper, and mysteries that have lain dormant for more than forty years.

Along with th
Mary Byrnes
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Looking forward to the next adventure in this series.

I really like the characters in this series. They feel like old friends waiting for me as I begin the next book.
The settings are also a reason to read this series. It's nice to recognize some of the places the author writes about.
Mary
Dec 30, 2010 rated it liked it
I liked this book and will read more of this series, but I didn't care for the way the author hinted at what was to come and left us hanging from time to time. Overall I liked the characters and want to read the first of the series next. ( I understand this to be the second of the Bay Tanner series )
Amy Bowers
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love the Bay Tanner mysteries! The books are all set in Lowcountry, SC. The author lives in Hilton Head. This was the first book I found. There are some before this if you want to read the whole series.
Michael
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Excellent from start to finish. Great story and great characters. Love the setting in my home state of SC. Kept me guessing from start to finish. Cannot wait to read some of the authors other books.
Allison Mitchell
Great series

Love this series and love Bay Tanner!! Always great stories with something new each time. Always ready to read the next one
Diana Kloster
Feb 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Author spends time recapping the facts. May clarify points missed, but sometimes it's distracting. Wanted the book to move with a faster rhythm.
Whitney
Oct 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
My least favorite so far in this series. I'm looking forward to a shake-up, getting out of the patterns a bit.
Janice
Jun 26, 2013 rated it liked it
This is the 4th book in the Bay Tanner series, and another good mystery.
Melanie Balog
Tiffany Lacy
Jan 19, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Folly
  • Southern Fatality (A Jersey Barnes Mystery #1)
  • Southern Fried
  • Killer Fudge (A Callahan Garrity Short Story)
  • Buried Diamonds (Claire Montrose, #4)
  • Whispers of Goodbye
  • Murder Boogies with Elvis (Southern Sisters, #8)
  • A Date You Can't Refuse
  • Southern Living
  • Hostile Makeover
  • Paula Deen Celebrates!: Best Dishes and Best Wishes for the Best Times of Your Life
  • Prospect Street
  • Alligator Lake
  • The Vanished Hands (Javier Falcon, #2)
  • Dating Can Be Murder (Samantha Shaw Mystery, #1)
  • Mrs. Darcy and the Blue-Eyed Stranger
  • Love Her Madly
  • Ghost Gone Wild (Bailey Ruth, #4)
202917
Kathy wrote her first story at the age of six, then decided to take a few decades off. She grew up in a small town in northeastern Ohio and attended college in both Ohio and Pennsylvania. For twenty-five years she practiced her profession as an accountant in both public and private practice. In 1994 she and her husband Norman retired to Hilton Head, South Carolina.

Her road to publishing success ha
More about Kathryn R. Wall...

Bay Tanner (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • In for a Penny (Bay Tanner, #1)
  • And Not a Penny More (Bay Tanner, #2)
  • Perdition House (Bay Tanner, #3)
  • Resurrection Road (Bay Tanner, #5)
  • Bishop's Reach (Bay Tanner, #6)
  • Sanctuary Hill (Bay Tanner, #7)
  • The Mercy Oak (Bay Tanner, #8)
  • Covenant Hall (Bay Tanner, #9)
  • Canaan's Gate (Bay Tanner, #10)
  • Jericho Cay (Bay Tanner, #11)