Start by marking “Ethics in Pastoral Ministry” as Want to Read:
Ethics in Pastoral Ministry

Ethics in Pastoral Ministry

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  50 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
In a conversational style the author offers a theological ethical framework for reflecting on the moral demands that arise from the professional exercise of the pastoral ministry.
Published January 1st 1995 by Paulist Press

Rick
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ethics is a favorite subject of mine to debate and discuss as is pastoral ministry so combining the two subjects is like Christmas to me. I found this book very thought provoking. Sometimes I shook my head in anger and sometimes I couldn't agree more. A great book for getting discussions on ethics as they apply to pastoral settings going.
Cappy
Apr 06, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: theology
"As one pastoral minister reminded me, 'Our moral failure is more often in omitting what we should be doing than it is in committing what we ought to avoid.'" (pg. 7)

"Contracts work well if the necessary services and fees can be clearly spelled out in advance. But a ministerial relationship is open to services that are not so predictable and so cannot always be spelled out in advance...Covenantal thinking wants to know what is the most we can do in grateful response to what we have received (pg.
Louwrence Khumalo
interesting book
David Lasley
Jul 26, 2015 rated it liked it
A good "starter read" for me on this topic. Does a good job of theological foundations for a code of ethics in ministry. I was especially challenged by his writing on covenant and power. I was a little disappointed by the narrowness of focus. After covering basics, he landed on only two issues to cover in more detail- sexuality and confidentiality. Obviously, given the historical and cultural context in which the book was written, it made good sense to do so, but for my purposes, a broader sweep ...more
Margaret Govero
Nov 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religion

An excellent introduction to the discussion of any and all in ministry on the importance of ethics and professionalism. I wish there was a source like this particularly for Catholic educators and catechists.
Anne Roat
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great book used it to write a workshop
Patti Clement
Aug 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Anyone in ministry should have this book. Gula is a Moral Theologian who writes this book in conversational style focusing on ministry as both vocation and profession.
Stephen
Jan 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
READ FEB 2013

Written from a Catholic perspective, however, applicable to anyone in full-time ministry. Also good points to consider for those in lay ministry roles.
Ian
Jul 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
excellent and practical guide to pastoral ethics.
Apk Key