Jump to ratings and reviews

Loved Like Never Before

It is easy to know God's love in the mind, but for many it is difficult to believe it in the heart. This book is for those who want to feel the real love of God but can't. The author identifies the fundamental issues that stop a person from receiving and experiencing the love of God in all its fullness. Having ministered for over a decade at a deep level in people's lives, Ken shows how we can distort our image of Father God through our own false perceptions of Him. He passionately reaches out to those who have a broken father image and sets about to repair it. With a warm and conversational style the author powerfully demonstrates every individual's value to Father God and leaves the reader in no doubt just how loved and wanted we are.

Kindle Edition

6 books1 follower

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
0 (0%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 6 of 6 reviews
Profile Image for Bob Mendelsohn.
210 reviews11 followers
March 5, 2016
Symington brings so many stories from his own youth, from his counselling experience, from the Bible and other sermons...it's a very easy read, although it's not a light read. That means, the issue of the discovery of the love of God, and especially the Father heart-love of God is deep and significant. He certainly makes his voice heard in clarity and I appreciated that.
Maybe because I had preached a sermon on Matthew 1, I particularly enjoyed his unpack of that, in a good biblical way. The 'grace' message which I emphasise via this section was subjugated to the 'love' message, but either way, it still works.
I have never heard Symington preach, but I do know the Irish tongue and can hear it over and over in the reading of this book. I commend it.
January 13, 2021
My Daddy is a good father, he loves me so much and I love him! ..... Would you tell that to me?
What amazing book it is! My heart got enlightened when discovering the Father heart of God, well explained by Ken Symington with all wonderful stories in the book. Itself, it is an exciting journey, I couldn't stop myself from reading the book every single day until I found myself to the last page and I really feel like I want to read it more and more.
Profile Image for David Kitz.
Author 4 books4 followers
December 23, 2021
The subtitle of this book by Ken Symington is "Discovering the Father Heart of God". Really, that's what this book is all about. Sadly, all too often our earthly fathers are a poor reflection of our heavenly Father's care and love.
Symington approaches this topic with a great deal of care and sensitivity. The abused or neglected child can find comfort in these pages. The sad truth is our picture of God is often distorted by our relationship with our earthly father. We transfer our father’s shortcomings onto our concept and understanding of God the Father. Chapter by chapter Symington works to correct these distortions so we can see our Father God in a new light—the true light of Scripture.
I found his description of the parable of the prodigal son and the father’s love particularly insightful.
This book changed my perspective on the first person of the Trinity—God the Father. For that reason I give it a five star rating.
Profile Image for Chuck Ammons.
40 reviews
October 9, 2018
I love the heart of this book and the author! The insights are beautiful and so representative of the heart of God. The only difficulty in the read was, at times, with the style of writing. It had some explanations of what the author intended to do that was clear enough on its own and would have flowed better without explanation. Otherwise, a beautiful and very encouraging book. It blessed me!
2 reviews2 followers
January 10, 2019
Lots of insight into how God is our father and how not knowing this truth can impact us connecting with God. However, little advice given on how to remedy the problem.
Profile Image for Jenny.
33 reviews14 followers
September 27, 2018
This is the most amazing book I have ever been blessed to read. The Lord ised thus book in a momentous way. It revolutionized my relationship with my Heavenly Father. I recommend it to everyone!
Displaying 1 - 6 of 6 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.