Start by marking “Petfinder.com Presents: Second Chances: Inspiring Stories of Dog Adoption” as Want to Read:
Petfinder.com Presents: Second Chances: Inspiring Stories of Dog Adoption

Petfinder.com Presents: Second Chances: Inspiring Stories of Dog Adoption

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  53 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
- Touching, true life pet adoption stories combined with the power of the Petfinder.com brand
- Petfinder.com averages 6 million visitors to their Web site every month
- An estimated 1 in every 15 American pets were placed through Petfinder.com
- At any given time, there are up to 200,000 adoptable pets on Petfinder.com
Every day, Petfinder.com places deserving dogs in loving
Published October 1st 2006 by Adams Media Corporation (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Petfinder.com Presents, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Petfinder.com Presents

Kristin
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
A nice collection of stories highlighting dog adoptions facilitated by the website PetFinder.com. Despite the obvious presence of the brand name throughout the book, I didn't feel as if it was simply a giant commercial for them. Instead, I admired the diversity of the stories in that they promoted the underlying message that there is a dog to fit every need available for adoption or rescue, and you don't need to buy a dog from a pet store or breeder to find your perfect friend. There are stories ...more
Natalie
Mar 24, 2009 rated it it was ok
This was a collection of success stories from people that had found companions using petfinder.com. The book was exactly what I expected containing 50 feel good tales about dog adoption. None of the stories were so endearing to me though that I believe I will carry them with me. I have read some "tails" in the past that were so powerful and moving that I think of them today years later. It was a cute little read that did not take long but not the best I've encountered of these types of books.

I d
Michelle
Jul 23, 2011 rated it liked it
This is a pleasant series of short, true stories of dog adoptions. It is uplifting and each tale has a positive outcome. The conditions that some of these dogs suffered will be enlightening to those who are not familiar with shelter animals and puppy mills. This would be a great book to give someone who is considering adopting a pet.
Susan
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sweet true stories about people who've adopted dogs in need through Petfinder.com (the same way we adopted our own rescue dog, Hank!) I like the way the author doesn't sugarcoat the stories - you hear about the challenges that can happen with some rescue dogs at first, and how people overcome them.
Amanda
Jan 04, 2009 rated it it was ok
One of the stories had people I know in it - the Canine Express that transports dogs from Indiana to the East Coast. My husband has driven it twice and it was quite the experience. Every time a dog or cat gets a forever home. it's a good day - and one less to move into my house. :)
Amanda
Feb 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Pretty good collection of stories of successful matches through Petfinder.com. Great way to reaffirm the importance of adopting dogs (and other animals) before going to a breeder or pet store.
Katy
Dec 06, 2010 rated it really liked it
Okay - I now officially want 16 dogs. These are inspiring tales of rescue adoption, all uplifting, and heartbreaking at the same time.
Michelle