Start by marking “Lady Mechatronic and the Steampunked Pirates” as Want to Read:
Lady Mechatronic and the Steampunked Pirates

Lady Mechatronic and the Steampunked Pirates

(Steampunked Pirates #1)

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  13 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
England has abolished slavery, but not all are willing to let the lucrative trade go without a fight. The Royal Navy is charged with keeping the Caribbean clean of slavers, pirates and privateers… but even in the Navy, there are those who put profit before principle.

Captain James Hartwell rebels against the abhorrent plans of his commanding officer to run a private slave t
Kindle Edition
Published September 1st 2011 by Devine Destinies

To ask other readers questions about Lady Mechatronic and the Steampunked Pirates, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady Mechatronic and the Steampunked Pirates

LG (A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions)
This story and I did not start off on the best footing, although I tried not to let that affect my opinion of it. When I first purchased it, All Romance Ebooks listed its word count as 184,420. Although I had never read anything by Wyatt before and had no experience with Devine Destinies, the book's description made it sound like a fun, fast-paced adventure, and $3.99 seemed like a nice price to pay for something of that length. You can imagine my shock when I opened up the file on my Nook and s ...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at:http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

History and science fiction don't sound as if they should be in the same sentence, but in the case of this book both descriptions fit.

Captain Hartwell discovers Admiral Johnson intends to go into the slave trade and he objects. Most of his crew side with the Admiral, forcing Hartwell, his loyal men and his sister to attempt escape. They are aided by a burning rock falling from the sky to the sea. The Captain and his followers swim thr
The TBR Pile *Book review site*

Despite the much needed editing, Ms. Wyatt does a great job of reeling the reader in. I felt the betrayal and the courage shown by Hartwell as well as his crew. I absolutely loved the description from the Captain when we first meet Lady Mechatronic. Very well done, Ms. Wyatt really painted an amazing visual. The pace is perfect.

When they went to rescue Lady Mechatronic they absorbed the technology from her world and are showing some very cool abilites. Thi
James Cox
Jul 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is an interesting series, which leans more toward sci fi rather than romance. That's fine by me as the concept is unique. Very well done. I'm looking forward to reading the other books in this series.
Susan
Apr 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
Took me forever to read even though it's short, kept coming back to it though and finally did finish it. It didn't really get better for me.

I found it shallow, unbelievable in the quick "relationship" and why was sister really even there? Liked the concept, didn't like the way it was done.
David Forsaken
Aug 30, 2014
Lucy
Jan 29, 2015
Arabella Wyatt
Jun 05, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: lady-mechatronic
Kvck
Jan 29, 2017
Mehdi Hussaini
Feb 19, 2018

Steampunked Pirates (4 books)
  • Journey To Pirate's Cove