Start by marking “Winter Visitors CB” as Want to Read:
Winter Visitors CB

Winter Visitors CB

This charming, original story reveals what happens at a vacation cottage once the summer visitors have left for the winter. With fewer than two dozen words, the story is told primarily in pictures. Children and adults will revel in the activities of a family of bears that takes up residence in the empty camp. Full color.
Published August 6th 2007 by Down East Books

To ask other readers questions about Winter Visitors CB, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter Visitors CB

Start your review of Winter Visitors CB
Ruth
Jan 20, 2019 added it
Lovely illustrations and a cute story about bears living in house during winter
Kathleen
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Once the summer visitor's leave for the winter a family of bears move into the cottage. And oh what fun they have!
Ursula
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Wonderful holiday book for everyone! Quite delightful and full of FUN! :D
Kathryn
Nov 30, 2008 rated it liked it
This was a bit boring for me... (Though I'm not exactly the "target audience")
Molly Campbell
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-lit
This is the story of what happens at a cabin when the summer visitors go home in the fall. The story shows four bears coming into the cabin and having their own winter vacation there.

I liked this book a lot. I thought the story was clever and fun to read. My favorite thing about this book was the illustrations. There were multiple pages that had strips of pictures. The colors jumped off the page.

I would use this in a kindergarten classroom. I think this book would be good to use in a unit on
Andrea
This is such a cute book! We bought it from the gift shop at Split Rock Lighthouse in Two Harbors, MN in Sept. 2019.

I'm always looking for good winter/Christmas children's books and this is part of a series (there are others in different seasons). The illustrations are adorable and tell a story in themselves. The text is minimal but moves things along. I thought it was cute when I quickly read through it in the store, but when I read it again at home and really looked at the illustrations I
Jennifer Burch
This book is about a family who lives at their cabin for the summer and once summer is over, the winter visitors come to stay. As it turns out, the winter visitors is a family of bears!! They eat, sleep, and play at the cabin all winter, never venturing out into the cold. When the winter is over and the sun has come out to play again, the summer visitors return and the bears go back to the words. I really enjoyed this book and I think it is good for kindergarten to first to grade. I can use this ...more
John
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I like this book because bears mess up the house, but they clean it up so no one knows that they've been there. They have a whole fiesta, inviting all the animals—not just bears, all kinds of animals.
Diana
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Super cute watercolor & ink illustrations and a super cute story.
Brittany
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun in the snow! Very cute.
Christine Turner
Jan 08, 2013 rated it liked it

This charming and highly original story reveals what happens at a vacation cottage once the summer visitors have left for the winter. With fewer than two dozen words, the story is told primarily in extravagantly detailed pictures, rendered in pen and ink and watercolor.

Children and adults will revel in the activities of a family of bears that takes up residence in the empty camp-the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears in reverse.

Unique fractured fairytale in the sence that this book is
Eva Kelly
Dec 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wow! These bears had a big party when the people went south for the winter. And no one figured it out!
I wonder if the people go have parties at the bears' place while the bears are at the peoples' place. THAT would be a REAL mess!
This was a great one, and I could read every word. And you know what else? The pictures HAVE to be of Lake Elmore. Either that or some other place in Vermont. It's sure not Pennsylvania.
Allison
Sep 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Fun and detailed pictures of two families who both vacation at the same hous. The summer family has fun and leaves for home in the fall. That is when a family of bears come to stay. They have New Years Parties, curl up with blankets,go ice fishing, and use the canoes to go sledding. The best part of this book is the combination of simple words and complex pictures, that create a very detailed and wonderful story.
Lynn
Nov 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: juvenile-nf
Lovely, simple, rhyming text will draw memories to those who have lived life at a camp in the summer. I've always wondered what happened in the long lonely winter days and nights, and this book provides a fun answer.
Almost wordless, the pictures provide more details to the goings-on. Some full page, some pages have many panels giving us insight into these winter visitors!
Vicki
Apr 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture
A cute idea for a book, if you premise it with the similarities of Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Almost a wordless book, listeners have a lot to look at. May be best for kindergarten level or older.
Holly
Dec 10, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This is an adorable children's book, simple, lots of pictures, and fun to read. Excellent for story times =)
Ellen
Shelves: children
Loved the illustrations!
Deborah
Jan 08, 2013 rated it liked it
This would be a good book to share with someone on your lap - the individual pictures are too small for storytime though.
Kris
Feb 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
The idea was good and the pictures were neat, but the words of the story were boring. It reminded me of my family's cottage, except that we go there in all season, not just summer.
Amy Rubinoff
This is a very cute book that younger elementary students would enjoy. It is a simple read and students as young as 1st grade could possible read it themselves.
Philip Burt
Oct 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
What really happens when you leave your summer home? Read this delightful picture book to find out.
Tim
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
Few words are needed to accompany the vivid pictures, which capture our imaginations about who might live in our summer cabins while we're away!
Abby Turner

• Hey Grandude!
  • Ms. Frizzle's Adventures: Medieval Castle
  • Aftermath
  • Big Tractor
  • Spirit: Stallion on the Cimarron (Picture Book)
  • Antipodes
  • Pete the Cat: Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star
  • Museum ABC
  • Pete the Cat and the Perfect Pizza Party
  • The Governess of Penwythe Hall (Cornwall, #1)
  • Abc's of Maine
  • The Pioneers: The Heroic Story of the Settlers Who Brought the American Ideal West
  • A Passage to India