Start by marking “Garden Witch's Herbal: Green Magick, Herbalism & Spirituality” as Want to Read:
Garden Witch's Herbal: Green Magick, Herbalism & Spirituality

Garden Witch's Herbal: Green Magick, Herbalism & Spirituality

Every Witch needs a little corner of the world to tend. Deepen your connection to the earth and watch your magickal skills blossom. Ellen Dugan presents a variety of ways to honor and work with the plant kingdom in this charming hands-on guide to green magick and spirituality. Designed to enhance any tradition or style of the Craft, this handy herbal reference provides th

Published April 1st 2012 by Llewellyn Publications (first published May 1st 2009)

Start your review of Garden Witch's Herbal: Green Magick, Herbalism & Spirituality
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
Herbs are my favorite thing to work with, so this book is amazing!
Stephanie
Nov 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: home-and-garden
I gather this herb for a magick spell,
Bring harm to none, may it turn out well.
By the powers of earth and air, fire and water,
I conjure up love, safety, money, health, and laughter.
By all the powers of three time three,
As I will it, then so must it be.
K.S. Thompson
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy this book. For those who are well versed in the magical uses for herbs or those who have a naturally green thumb, it may be a bit elementary. But for someone such as myself who is still learning, it's a great resource.

The cover is gorgeous and the illustrations throughout really add to the text. I found it to be informative and thought provoking. It contains a ton of info on a wide variety of herbs, as well as an entire chapter devoted to "Gothic Herbs and Forbidden Plants", which
Nicole
Mar 14, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ellen Dugan really knows her gardens and wild plants. I was very impressed with her knowledge and research and the time she put into writing this herbal. Not only does this book present common trees and plants to the garden witch, but it also goes into magical detail on wild plants such as wildflowers and lesser-known herbs and shrubs.

I thoroughly enjoyed how she breaks down each category, and how she applies each plant to the planets, days of the week, sabbats, etc. This herbal would make a gr
Laurie
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ellen Dugan considers herself a garden/green witch, and so she uses a lot of plant material in her spells. She shares her knowledge, both horticultural and magickal in this volume.

This book, written after ‘Garden Witchery’, adds to what she presented there. In this one, she writes about being a green witch in the city, wildflowers and hedgerows, more magickal correspondence lists, flower & plant folklore, designing a garden with feng shui, and has beautiful drawings of plants. The only thing th
Cheryl Alsippi
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Garden Witch’s Herbal by Ellen Dugan is Highly Recommended!
This book is packed full of information on identifying, growing and utilizing the wildflowers, shrubs and trees associated with witchcraft. Ellen provides descriptions and where and when to plant and harvest many of these. Simple tips are included on each plant along with a sample spell for each. There are chapters on Gothic Herbs and Forbidden Plants in which she describes several such as Aconite, Black Nightshade and more—complete wit
Oya Pessoa
Jan 30, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Çöp de değil de.. En azından botanik bilgiler doğru.. Ama tekerleme büyüler obsesif kompulsif davranış örüntülerine benziyor. Tamamını okuma zahmetine katlanamadım açıkçası. Yeni başlayanlar için eğlenceli bir botanik kitabı işlevi görebilir.
Muhammed Zia
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love this book !!!! Very informative but still fresh and interesting. Learnt a lot of new things and also enhanced my current knowledge as well. It did take me some time but WELL worth it. I also recommend this book found at https://amzn.to/2PiDgfs . Great For Herbalist Readers ! ...more
jen
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoy Ellen's book, so it was no surprise that I gained a ton of useful information that I am currently applying to my own garden. I loved her ideas for the themes and the information (esp metaphysical) on the plants exceeded my expectations.
✨Sumi's Books✨
Perfect addition to any witch's library. Practical advice and suggestions for your garden no matter where you live. Easy to read. Easy to use.
Jennifer Barr
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely book, lots of great info. My only complaint is the plant illustrations aren’t in colour. I was also hoping to see garden plans.
Denielle
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great read by Ellen Dugan. If you're looking to become a garden witch Ellen is the witch for the job. As always knowledgeable and humorous.
Antoinette
Aug 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
A really good resource for gardening and working with magical herbs.
Rachel
Jan 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think I will find this book very helpful when it comes to making my plantings this year! My favourite chapter was the one on hedgerows, which, thanks to this book, I now want to research much more. The chapters on wildflowers and trees were also favourites of mine. I appreciate that Dugan emphasized the need to connect with nature as central to understanding yourself and your beliefs (whatever those may be).

One wish I have is that Dugan would have left out the anecdotes included for "humour".
Hannah
Feb 28, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this, and have already marked down the next book I want to read by Ellen.

I learned a lot about herbs, which was the main reason I bought the book, and will definitely be reading it over and over again as the years go one so I can perfect my gardens and, specifically, my herb gardens.
Rose
Nov 11, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A descent look at the folklore and modern magickal look at plants. The gardening sections are very well done, especially for a complete beginner (which I am not).
Dottie Joe
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting and easy to read for individuals wanting to learn or understand Herbalism and Spirituality,
Courteney
Dec 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has a lot of good information. It's written from a personal perspective with the research Ellen has done and it's an excellent beginning herbal for anyone.
Monica
Oct 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book five stars does not do justice for Ellens work she is amazing!!
Peggy
Kamy
Oct 07, 2017
Cara Mengobati Gejala Ambeien 1 1 Oct 26, 2018 08:14AM
Kapan Gejala HIV Akan Muncul Sejak Tubuh Terinfeksi 1 1 Oct 24, 2018 10:44PM

• The Green Witch: Your Complete Guide to the Natural Magic of Herbs, Flowers, Essential Oils, and More
  • Psychic Witch: A Metaphysical Guide to Meditation, Magick & Manifestation
  • Witchery: Embrace the Witch Within
  • The Healing Power of Trees: Spiritual Journeys Through the Celtic Tree Calendar
  • The Complete Book of Incense, Oils and Brews
  • Magickal Self Defense: A Quantum Approach to Warding
  • Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs (Llewellyn's Sourcebook Series)
  • The Druidry Handbook: Spiritual Practice Rooted in the Living Earth
  • Coyotes #1
  • By Night #1
  • The Oracle Code
  • Living Wicca: A Further Guide for the Solitary Practitioner
  • Funny, You Don't Look Autistic: A Comedian's Guide to Life on the Spectrum
  • Drawing Down the Moon: Witches, Druids, Goddess-Worshippers, and Other Pagans in America
  • Petrichor
  • Sacred Plant Initiations: Communicating with Plants for Healing and Higher Consciousness
  • How to Do Nothing: Resisting the Attention Economy
  • B*WITCH
Ellen Dugan, is the award winning author known as the "Garden Witch". A psychic-clairvoyant, she has been a practicing Witch for over twenty-seven years. She is a Master Gardener, and teaches classes locally and online on Witchery, psychic development, and Magick. She is the author of the 16 non fiction books published by Llewellyn Worldwide. Legacy Of Magick is her first novel.

Visit her website