Start by marking “Witnessed: The True Story of the Brooklyn Bridge UFO Abductions” as Want to Read:
Witnessed: The True Story of the Brooklyn Bridge UFO Abductions

Witnessed: The True Story of the Brooklyn Bridge UFO Abductions

In his bestselling Intruders, Hopkins chronicles alien encounters. Tho Intruders greatly expanded readers' knowledge of the UFO abduction phenomenon, Hopkins subsequently learned of an extraordinary witnessed abduction--an abduction sighted by independent 3rd party witnesses. This book reveals this unprecedented & amazingly complex case for the 1st time in its entirety ...more
Hardcover, 1st, 415 pages
Published September 1st 1996 by Pocket Books (NY) (first published January 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Witnessed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witnessed

Erik Graff
Nov 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: UFO fans
Recommended to Erik by: Michael Miley
Shelves: sciences
Having previously read several books about the so-called alien abduction phenomenon, including Hopkin's own Intruders, I didn't expect much from this one beyond an incredible and unverifiable yarn. Witnessed, however, is different. For one thing, Hopkin's writing and plotting are better than they were in Intruders. His unfolding of his investigation is, except for too many repetitive asides countering objections that it all might be hoaxed, genuinely captivating. For another, this case, like tha ...more
Rachel Pieters
Nov 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Scary. Truly scary. And well written, documented, and laid out in a cohesive manner. This non-fiction account of the highly witnessed abduction of Linda "Cortile" is a very unique case in the midst of thousands of similar abductions. It raises more questions than it answers, questions so unusual they make us rethink many things we thought we knew or had guessed about 'alien motives' up until 1989. You should read the book. And on to the next. RIP Budd.
Steve Parcell
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: us-history
A fascinating true story of alien abduction. Even if find the idea preposterous there is no doubting the validity of this story bearing in mind the testimony of some pretty high up people. Well written and well worth a read as one of the best books regarding this controversial subject.
Jeff Goodman
Jun 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
The word "weird" never felt so inadiquate. This is a compelling, moving, horrifying story - one of the most captivating I've found in truth or fiction.
Sue
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Lots of details but not enough to retain my attention. Dry as the Sahara desert.
Ra7thsign
May 14, 2017 rated it liked it
This story is great whether you read it as fact or sf drama, but it only leaves you with questions.
Either Linda is a master of hoaxes or it truly happened, which brings me to my issue with the book and most paranormal cases.
Ufologists et al. don't seem to have a good understanding of the scientific method. They often confuse and misuse terms like "evidence," "proof," " theory, " and "experiment," straining their credibility.
Such is the case in this book, wherein Hopkins interferes with the witne
Gilles Achache
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
With the incredible development of an Argentinian politician witnessing one of Linda's abductions (not sure whether to call her Linda Cortile or Linda Napolitano) as the aliens levitate her through the air from high up in a New York skyscraper, Hopkins had quite a story to write, & I agree he does it quite well......you have to bear in mind he was not a professional writer before these investigations....you can feel he's sort of Got Better With Practice.......Linda herself is quite literary, ...more
Lemur
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well written. Amazing story. Sticks with me over the years. I read this two years ago and I still think back to parts of the story and concepts that were introduced. Hopkins reveals some of the tactics used by the visitors and shows that yes they too can make mistakes. I would definitely recommend this book.
Matt Milosevich
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing! So many different levels! Mind blowing that this book didn’t bring the ufo topic to the mainstream!
Whisper
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I bought the book , this is very interesting read . RIP BUDD for you will be missed 🙏
Zeke Chase
Jan 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I read this book many many years ago because I used to have an unshakable belief in extraterrestrial abduction, and the stories downright scared the shit out of me.

Here's how a typical abduction works. You awaken at a late night hour. You are paralysed in totality except for your eyes. Anyone else in the house has been reduced to coma-like state (some reports show the breathing so faint that first aid tactics need be used to find signs of breath). Two to six "little grey men" are gathered around
Nozomi
Mar 09, 2009 rated it liked it
I haven't read this in a long time, but it really got me to think. The "aliens" abducted two complete strangers and placed them together in a "reproduction" experiment, and later, in series of memory recall, everything was tied together. The people were all connected. I absolutely loved the pictures and photographs. It was really eerie and real.

I think my reading experience was enhanced by the fact that strange things happened to me in the room I was, at the time, sleeping and reading this book
Mhd
Jul 11, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
It's hard to believe that the library shelves this one as non-fiction (and I am open to the possibilities here...I wonder what a total skeptic would say?). Few illustrations or documents, and the ones present do not add much validity. The first 2 "documents" are supposedly transcriptions of letters the author received. The language, vocabulary, punctuation, etc., of the two seemed close to identical to me and they shouldn't be...sure, photocopies could be faked, but it would at least seem like a ...more
Drew
Mar 06, 2012 rated it liked it
Not sure what to make of this. As always, I'm a complete skeptic when it comes to these sorts of encounters, but I can't say for sure that they *didn't* happen. It's a fun read, whether "true" or not...I'll add more as I get further into the book...update: seems to be getting more preposterous the further I read. I'll stick to it through the bitter end before passing final judgement.

Ok, I'm done...on the one hand, this was a fascinating read. Budd Hopkins does provide decent evidence and he tell
David Bales
Jun 02, 2009 rated it it was ok
This one starts out nicely, than gets more and more fantastic as the book goes on. Supposedly a UFO abduction got witnessed by two New York City police officers one autumn night back in 1989, but as the story unwinds it becomes somehow less and less likely that it ever really happened.
Wendy Wax
Feb 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Riveting! Aliens in Brooklyn--seriously.
Sheila
Jan 19, 2011 rated it did not like it
I tried to put this book in my non-fiction shelf, but my fingers just wouldn't cooperate.
Melanie

• UFOs and the National Security State 1: Chronology of a Coverup 1941-73
  • Dreamland: Travels Inside the Secret World of Roswell and Area 51
  • Penetration: The Question of Extraterrestrial and Human Telepathy
  • The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects
  • Psychic Warrior: The True Story of America's Foremost Psychic Spy and the Cover-Up of the CIA's Top-Secret Stargate Program
  • Above Top Secret: The Worldwide UFO Cover-up
  • Custodians: Beyond Abduction
American painter, sculptor, and prominent figure in alien abduction phenomena and related UFO research.

in 1964 Hopkins witnessed an UFO, dissatisfied with the response Hopkins received when he reported the incident to nearby Otis Air National Guard Base, he suspected a possible government cover-up.