Start by marking “The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)

The Battle of the Labyrinth

(Percy Jackson and the Olympians #4)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  650,671 ratings  ·  16,744 reviews
Percy Jackson isn't expecting freshman orientation to be any fun. But when a mysterious mortal acquaintance appears at his potential new school, followed by demon cheerleaders, things quickly move from bad to worse.

In this fourth installment of the blockbuster series, time is running out as war between the Olympians and the evil Titan lord Kronos draws near. Even the safe
Published March 6th 2008 by Hyperion Books for Children

To ask other readers questions about The Battle of the Labyrinth, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Scott Preedy
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
DrewCosmic71 Wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooonnnnnnnn'''''ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee…moreWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooonnnnnnnn'''''ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee thhhhhhhhhe eeennnnddd!!!!!!!!!!!(less)
City of Ashes by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareMarked by P.C. Cast
Books That Should Be Made Into Movies
28,672 books — 66,183 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. RowlingTo Kill a Mockingbird by Harper LeePride and Prejudice by Jane AustenTwilight by Stephenie Meyer
Best Books Ever
55,446 books — 191,771 voters

More lists with this book...

·  650,671 ratings  ·  16,744 reviews

Jesse (JesseTheReader)
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
this is my favorite in the series so far! let's see if the last olympian will top it. full video review coming sooooooon.
Jayson
(A-) 83% | Very Good
Notes: It’s about awakenings, transgressive cracks, and how dread, desire and death indwell the formless chaos of potential.
jessica
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
holy hades! this is for sure the best book in the series so far!

there is a lot more adventure, much better pacing, and incredibly improved character development and world building. one of my main concerns about the previous books is that they have the same repetitive vibe and feeling. this book totally changed things up and i couldnt be happier.

i love that percy is getting older. his character is becoming more complex and the storytelling definitely shows that. the juvenile feel of the first c
Bentley ★ Bookbastion.net
See this review and more like it on www.bookbastion.net!
_____________

This entry to the Percy Jackson series just took things to a whole new level!

As a first time reader of the series, it blows me away that not only am I enjoying this series as an adult reader, but I'm actually finding that my excitement and love for it has grown with each book as well. The writing has improved, and the way that Riordan has slowly been building up the stakes in each story has definitely stoked my interest as wel
Sasha Alsberg
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
SO MUCH YES.
Cara
Sep 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Why did I wait so long to read these? I have no good explanation and if you ask me I'll just give you the shifty eyes and mumble something incoherent because I don't have a good reason. What counts though is that I am reading them now right? On the upside I don't have to agonize for the long wait for new books to come out, but still... if I had just known!

So as expected Percy's summer is going to be filled with another quest and yet another colossal problem that brings him closer to the prophecy
Claudia Ramírez
Oct 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, hilarious-humor
At first I was going to rate it 4.5 stars, but that ending made me smile so much and I think that was what I've been looking for in this saga. I wanted a PJO book to end leaving me with a warm feeling in my heart and I didn't get it until this book <3. I love Nico so much. Also, I really like Poseidon :').

So 5 stars!
Reynita Maharani ★ The Night Reader ★
Oh God. I'm currently reading the fourth book and I kind of don't want to finish this book, so I won't read the fifth book because I AM STILL NOT READY TO FINISH THIS SERIES, but I also want to know how this book ends and how this series ends. 😭😭😭

THE REVIEW IS POSTED

**SPOILERS READ AT YOUR OWN RISK**

on this review, I'm just going to tell you guys why I didn't really like it.

this is hard for me to say this but this book was just not that interesting for me. I mean, the first, the second and the
Mark Lawrence
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've read the first four books in this series to Celyn now and got her #5 for her birthday.

A fun read, though the monsters get steadily more outlandish as Rick mines the lesser known corners of Greek myth. In this book we meet the Empousa who are pictured as wearing brazen slippers and bearing flaming hair. The name is said to mean "one-footed." This is because they are a one-legged hybrid, with a donkey's leg and a celestial bronze prosthetic leg...

Part of me is wondering how long before South
may ❀

This entire week I’ve been so lazy that I couldn’t even string together a collection of percabeth fan art and incoherent screaming for my reviews. So I’ve subjected myself to completing them all in one evening.
I know, I’m a mess.

To be fair, every time I thought of actually writing a review for this series it just made me scream for the remaining hours of the day, like that’s how unstable I get.

description

The Battle of the Labyrinth was one of the BEST books in this series. It was thrilling, action-pa
Ahmad Sharabiani
The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4), Rick Riordan
The Battle of the Labyrinth is a 2008 fantasy-adventure novel based on Greek mythology written by Rick Riordan. It is the fourth novel in the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series. The novel was first published in the United States on May 6, 2008 by Hyperion Books for Children, an imprint of Disney Publishing Worldwide. It has been published in hardcover, audiobook, ebook, and large-print editions. To date, The Bat
Chloe
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This series gets better with each book!
Ahmed  Ejaz
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: full-lengths, 2017
This book was breath-taking-ly action packed!!! Oh guys, I ENJOYED IT SOOOOO MUCH!!

Kronos has come back with the help of Luke. Now there is threat of invasion in the Camp Half-Blood by the forces of Kronos. Percy and his friends have to go to the Labyrinth, a maze which is full of dangerous monsters and connects every place in the world, to stop them. And also to find the god of wild, Pan, to save Grover's career.

=> Characters of Percy and Annabeth were the best in this book. Although the
may ➹
part four in what I call the “I cry about my childhood and ignore real life” program
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
Percy has returned home for another school year, but after a run-in with demonic cheerleaders, he begins to accept the fact that he’s pretty much doomed to never lead a normal kid’s life again. As he sets off on a quest through the infamous Labyrinth, the war with Kronos looms ever closer.

I feel like my Percy Jackson reviews are beginning to feel repetitive, because as a whole, this series has really just captivated my heart so much, and there are only so many times I can gush about how much I
The Burning Rose (Jess)
Jun 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It was the best book of the series so far. Wow. Percy. Annabeth. Nico. Holy crap. So good.. So good. (And let's not mention the kiss. Okay bye.)
Ashley Nuckles
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
No matter how many times I read or reread this book I still cannot spell labyrinth right on the first try. Despite that fact, I loved this book.
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms (Book.Enchantress)
Complete 5 Golden Stars

my favourite one in the series (actually it was so hard to choose one as favourite because I love 3rd & 5th books too!)

all the funny comments & sarcasms,
all the thrilling adventures,
the cool & creepy labyrinth itself,
etc etc.
made this book so amazing!

tbh, I don't assume Percy Jackson as middle grade. I read some real middle grade ones this year & they were just okay-ish (not even sure if I will continue them or not tho). but anything Rick Riordan writes, is
Namratha
After a week of some truly disappointing reads, I am thoroughly glad to say that Percy Jackson and The Battle of The Labyrinth lived up to my expectations and was utterly engaging.

...............................
Half-boy, half-God Percy Jackson starts off the new school year by battling a pair of ‘ Empousai ’ and blowing up his school. Again. He also runs into Rachel Elizabeth Dare, the mysterious mortal girl who can see through the mist.

It’s time to head back to Camp Half-Blood, because troub
P
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult

My favorite of this series. Everything in The Battle of the Labyrinth has developed from the last book. The relationship of Percy and Annabeth is more complicate, I see how much they grow up and the others facets of these characters. Likewise, the plot is smart and intricate with getting lost in the labyrinth, we'll see many unexpected things happen through the book.

“Don't feel bad, I'm u
Elaina
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Okay, so this is probably my favorite book in the Percy Jackson series so far!! I loved all of the characters in this book, but my favorites would definitely have to be Annabeth and Percy!!!!! "squeals" :D This book was very action-packed and fast-paced to me and I enjoyed it very much. I am so glad that I stared this series, but I am also so sad because there is only one book left :( I am trying to decide if I should just read The Last Olympian now, or wait so I won't be finished with the serie ...more
Zoë
Dec 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
WOW. This series is getting so intense and I can't wait to see how the final book plays out! Although I enjoyed this book, it was a little repetitive at times and my interest wavered. However, I will definitely be picking up the last book soon!
Sandra
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
REACTION AFTER READING THE BOOK

MY FAVORITE FROM THIS SERIES, SO FAR.

I'm crossing my fingers that the last book would be even better!

Usually, I hate series, and I tend to stop mid-series run because I get bored or lose interest. That isn't the case with this one. I am absolutely, irrevocably, hooked with The Percy Jackson world, and I would, most definitely, read the other spin-off series.

RICK RIORDAN, you are amazing! Keep these myth-inspired books coming!

LONG STORY SHORT

A lost God
Love-squar
Mario
Sep 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Boy, did I enjoy this book. I have yet to read The Last Olympian, but I'm pretty sure this one is best one in the series.
C.G. Drews
CAN I JUST SAY THAT I HAVE WARMED UP TO ABSOLUTELY LOVE THESE BOOKS?!! I started rather dubious with 3-star ratings, but they've quickly climbed to 4. I'm sucked in. I'm a worm on a hook. Just staaahp everything and let me keep reading. (I literally read 3 books in one week.) Although they still haven't quite hit the pinnacle of "absolute awesome" for me. Maybe the last book?! omg! I'm nearly finished this first series!

So I loved the plot of this one a lot more. It felt more varied. It's still t
Deborah Obida
As much as I love this one I still prefer the previous book, The world building and writing just keeps getting better. Annabeth finally gets her dream and leads this quest into the Labyrinth to hunt for Deadelas(not sure I spelt that well).

Annabeth was a bitch almost throughout the book, I just do not get her loyalty to Luke despite everything, I wonder why Percy even puts up with that.
I so did not know about this before

‘Percy, you know how Athena was born?’
‘She sprang from the head of Zeus in
Eric Boot
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
ANOTHER AMAZING 5 STARS FOR AN AMAZING BOOK

Mads
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the greek myths in this one: Calpyso, the Labyrinth, Icarus and Daedalus. Nico is my favorite angsty boy and the Percabeth moments had me SCREAMING.
Sepani
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews-on-books
Percy and his friends go into Labyrinth and Grover succeeds in finding Pan.
Daedalus, the creator of Labyrinth decides to help Percy at-last and dies for the Labyrinth destruction. Luke gave his body as a host for Kronos.

And as I expected Mr. D has been a praiseworthy character since he cured the half-blood who'd gone insane in the Labyrinth.
The story keeps getting better with every single book along with the writing style and humor.

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Speak
  • A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet, #1)
  • The Warlock (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #5)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma (The Mysterious Benedict Society, #3)
  • Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven, #4)
  • The Siege of Macindaw (Ranger's Apprentice, #6)
  • Beyond the Grave (The 39 Clues #4)
  • The Inside Story
  • The Black Circle (The 39 Clues, #5)
  • Feathered Serpent, Part 2 (Tennis Shoes, #4)
  • The Reality Bug (Pendragon, #4)
  • Theodosia and the Eyes of Horus (Theodosia Throckmorton, #3)
  • Leven Thumps and the Ruins of Alder (Leven Thumps, #5)
  • Skybreaker (Matt Cruse, #2)
  • The Time Paradox (Artemis Fowl, #6)
  • Nobody's Prize (Nobody's Princess, #2)
  • Bloodhound (Beka Cooper, #2)

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (5 books)
  • The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
  • The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)
  • The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)
“Be careful of love. It'll twist your brain around and leave you thinking up is down and right is wrong.” 5165 likes
“People are more difficult to work with than machines. And when you break a person, he can't be fixed.” 4050 likes