Start by marking “The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)

The Battle of the Labyrinth

(Percy Jackson and the Olympians #4)

4.41  ·  Rating details ·  932,221 ratings  ·  26,926 reviews
Percy Jackson isn't expecting freshman orientation to be any fun. But when a mysterious mortal acquaintance appears at his potential new school, followed by demon cheerleaders, things quickly move from bad to worse.

In this fourth installment of the blockbuster series, time is running out as war between the Olympians and the evil Titan lord Kronos draws near. Even the safe
Published March 6th 2008 by Hyperion Books for Children

To ask other readers questions about The Battle of the Labyrinth, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers... (view spoiler)
Julia agreed! imagine how paul would have reacted after realising percy was poseidon’s son!
City of Ashes by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareMarked by P.C. Cast
Books That Should Be Made Into Movies
30,804 books — 70,233 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. RowlingPride and Prejudice by Jane AustenTo Kill a Mockingbird by Harper LeeThe Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Best Books Ever
93,651 books — 230,178 voters

More lists with this book...

·  932,221 ratings  ·  26,926 reviews

Start your review of The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
this is my favorite in the series so far! let's see if the last olympian will top it. full video review coming sooooooon. ...more
Jayson
(A-) 83% | Very Good
Notes: It’s about awakenings, transgressive cracks, and how dread, desire and death indwell the formless chaos of potential.
Tharindu Dissanayake
Jan 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
"Holy cows?"

This one is... just wow! I don't know how this could get any better. The Battle of the Labyrinth blows first three books out of the water. Though I am yet to read the final one, I think it'll be harder to beat this one out of my-favorite-of-the-series spot. What an adventure.

"Yay! Blow-things-up time!"

Time for having laughs all over the place is over (at least for the most part) and penultimate book means serious business. Percy, Annabeth and the team embarks on the most thrilling ad
Jayson
(A-) 83% | Very Good
Notes: A knotted navigation, not just mazes that confuse, push comes to shove with teenage love, and awkwardness ensues.
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
”I am senior empousa,” she growled. “No hero has bested me in a thousand years.”
“Yeah?” I said. “Then you’re overdue!”

Well, as you can see Percy still didn’t lose his touch. Or snark for that matter! ;-P I’ve to admit that the way things are going it sounds like our heroes will have to use every ounce of will to keep their good humour intact though. As I already suspected this didn’t only get way darker than its predecessors but also a little more mature as well. Yes, our little baby heroes are
jessica
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
holy hades! this is for sure the best book in the series so far!

there is a lot more adventure, much better pacing, and incredibly improved character development and world building. one of my main concerns about the previous books is that they have the same repetitive vibe and feeling. this book totally changed things up and i couldnt be happier.

i love that percy is getting older. his character is becoming more complex and the storytelling definitely shows that. the juvenile feel of the first c
Mark Lawrence
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've read the first four books in this series to Celyn now and got her #5 for her birthday.

A fun read, though the monsters get steadily more outlandish as Rick mines the lesser known corners of Greek myth. In this book we meet the Empousa who are pictured as women wearing brazen slippers and bearing flaming hair. The name is said to mean "one-footed." This is because they are a one-legged hybrid, with a donkey's leg and a celestial bronze prosthetic leg...

Part of me is wondering how long before
Ahmad Sharabiani
The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4), Rick Riordan

The Battle of the Labyrinth is a 2008 fantasy-adventure novel based on Greek mythology written by Rick Riordan. It is the fourth novel in the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series.

The novel was first published in the United States on May 6, 2008 by Hyperion Books for Children, an imprint of Disney Publishing Worldwide. It has been published in hardcover, audiobook, ebook, and large-print editions.

To date, The Battle
may ➹
I reread Percy Jackson for the fourth time because I am sad: part 4
The Burning Rose (Jess)
Jun 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Definitely the best book of the series. I love how grown up Percy is. I forgot how cute hating Nico was lol. And... percabeth feels *-*
Claudia Lomelí
Oct 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hilarious-humor, 2014
At first I was going to rate it 4.5 stars, but that ending made me smile so much and I think that was what I've been looking for in this saga. I wanted a PJO book to end leaving me with a warm feeling in my heart and I didn't get it until this book <3. I love Nico so much. Also, I really like Poseidon :').

So 5 stars!
Bentley ★ Bookbastion.net
See this review and more like it on www.bookbastion.net!
_____________

This entry to the Percy Jackson series just took things to a whole new level!

As a first time reader of the series, it blows me away that not only am I enjoying this series as an adult reader, but I'm actually finding that my excitement and love for it has grown with each book as well. The writing has improved, and the way that Riordan has slowly been building up the stakes in each story has definitely stoked my interest as wel
Sasha Alsberg
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
SO MUCH YES.
Cara
Sep 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Why did I wait so long to read these? I have no good explanation and if you ask me I'll just give you the shifty eyes and mumble something incoherent because I don't have a good reason. What counts though is that I am reading them now right? On the upside I don't have to agonize for the long wait for new books to come out, but still... if I had just known!

So as expected Percy's summer is going to be filled with another quest and yet another colossal problem that brings him closer to the prophecy
Tina ➹ Woman, Life, Freedom
Complete 5 Golden Stars

my favourite in the series (actually it's so hard to choose one as favourite because I LOVE 3rd & 5th too!)

all the funny comments & sarcasms,
all the thrilling adventures,
the cool & creepy labyrinth,
Annabeth, Percy, Grover, Tyson
made this book so amazing

tbh, I don't assume Percy Jackson as mere middle grade. I read some real middle grade ones this year & they were just okay-ish (not even sure if I will continue them or not tho). I mean, yeah sure, the characters' ages are a
SK
Oct 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
First rating: 4 stars
After re-read: 5 stars

Holy cows! This one was a total blast.
The drama in this one🤌🏽😩 The action is so good. We get to see Percy unleash his powers which gave me goosebumps. The girl drama in it though.. lol the ladies love Percy and I understand bc same. Calypso's character is so beautifully written, I always enjoy reading her parts and there's more to come, so looking forward to her character development😏 The banter/jealousy between Annabeth and Rachel was bit frustrating
Reynita ★ The Night Reader ★
Oh God. I'm currently reading the fourth book and I kind of don't want to finish this book, so I won't read the fifth book because I AM STILL NOT READY TO FINISH THIS SERIES, but I also want to know how this book ends and how this series ends. 😭😭😭

THE REVIEW IS POSTED

**SPOILERS READ AT YOUR OWN RISK**

on this review, I'm just going to tell you guys why I didn't really like it.

this is hard for me to say this but this book was just not that interesting for me. I mean, the first, the second and the
♛ may

This entire week I’ve been so lazy that I couldn’t even string together a collection of percabeth fan art and incoherent screaming for my reviews. So I’ve subjected myself to completing them all in one evening.
I know, I’m a mess.

To be fair, every time I thought of actually writing a review for this series it just made me scream for the remaining hours of the day, like that’s how unstable I get.

description

The Battle of the Labyrinth was one of the BEST books in this series. It was thrilling, action-pa
destiny ♡ howling libraries
#1 The Lightning Thief ★★★★☆
#2 The Sea of Monsters ★★★★☆
#3 The Titan’s Curse ★★★★☆
#4 The Battle of the Labyrinth ★★★★★
#5 The Last Olympian ★★★★★

I feel like my Percy Jackson reviews are beginning to feel repetitive, because as a whole, this series has really just captivated my heart so much, and there are only so many times I can gush about how much I love these characters, or how hilarious Percy and his friends are.

→ L I K E S :

“Be careful of love. It'll twist your brain around and leave
Chloe
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series gets better with each book!
 Teodora
Dec 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, on-app, mythology, fantasy
Wow, this was indeed action-packed from the start till the end!
I think that's my new favourite book in the series!
And also, that is definitely my favourite cover of them all 😍

(Book-styled)
Ahmed  Ejaz
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: full-lengths, 2017
This book was breath-taking-ly action packed!!! Oh guys, I ENJOYED IT SOOOOO MUCH!!

Kronos has come back with the help of Luke. Now there is threat of invasion in the Camp Half-Blood by the forces of Kronos. Percy and his friends have to go to the Labyrinth, a maze which is full of dangerous monsters and connects every place in the world, to stop them. And also to find the god of wild, Pan, to save Grover's career.

=> Characters of Percy and Annabeth were the best in this book. Although the na
Ashley Nuckles
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
No matter how many times I read or reread this book I still cannot spell labyrinth right on the first try. Despite that fact, I loved this book.
Arena♡
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
read #3

so i'd never pick a favourite but damn this book mwah
______________________________

read #2

they kissed they kissed they kissed i REPEAT THEY KISSED

Luffy
Well, that was not fun to read. It was a spectacular demotion where the author, probably cheered on by his agent, his near and dear and his well wishers, contrived not to get inspired for even one measly Chapter.

We must move on. I... must move on, but I can't, until the 5th book is read. Despite giving the previous book 5 stars, I didn't go in this book with any expectation or preconceived notion.

How ironical would it be if the God of wisdom has forsaken Riordan. It's sometimes disheartening to
Namratha
Half-boy, half-God Percy Jackson starts off the new school year by battling a pair of ‘ Empousai ’ and blowing up his school. Again. He also runs into Rachel Elizabeth Dare, the mysterious mortal girl who can see through the mist.

It’s time to head back to Camp Half-Blood, because trouble is brewing…huge, scary ‘the-TITANS-are-plotting-dastardly-plots’ kind of trouble. The ancient Lord Kronos is slowly reforming, aided by Luke and his unearthly army. Kronos' plan is to invade Camp Half-Blood,
P
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
“Be careful of love. It'll twist your brain around and leave you thinking up is down and right is wrong.”

My favorite of this series. Everything in The Battle of the Labyrinth has developed from the last book. The relationship of Percy and Annabeth is more complicate, I see how much they grow up and the others facets of these characters. Likewise, the plot is smart and intricate with getting lost in the labyrinth, we'll see many unexpected things happen through the book.

“Don't feel bad, I
Zoë
Dec 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
WOW. This series is getting so intense and I can't wait to see how the final book plays out! Although I enjoyed this book, it was a little repetitive at times and my interest wavered. However, I will definitely be picking up the last book soon! ...more
Inge
This was happy and sad at the same time. *sigh*

• Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2)
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6)
  • The Lightning Thief: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5)
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3)
  • Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: Parts One and Two (Harry Potter, #8)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Four (Heartstopper, #4)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)
  • The Scorch Trials (The Maze Runner, #2)
  • Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)
  • The Titan's Curse: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #3)
  • The Death Cure (The Maze Runner, #3)
  • The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #2)
See top shelves…
Rick Riordan is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of many books, including the Percy Jackson series. You can follow him on Twitter and via his official website.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (6 books)
  • The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
  • The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)
  • The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)
  • The Chalice of the Gods (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #6)