Start by marking “What is New Covenant Theology? An Introduction” as Want to Read:
What is New Covenant Theology? An Introduction

What is New Covenant Theology? An Introduction

New Covenant Theology uses Bible words for Bible concepts. It follows the Biblical progressive development of Gods revelation presenting Jesus Christ as the central figure of His revelation in promise and fulfillment.
This book is an introductory guide and serves as a basic primer to the distinctives of New Covenant Theology (NCT) in seven major Christ-centered doctrinal
Published August 31st 2012 by New Covenant Media (first published April 6th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about What is New Covenant Theology? An Introduction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What is New Covenant Theology? An Introduction

Start your review of What is New Covenant Theology? An Introduction
Eliezer Salazar
Feb 13, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
There's a few reasons why I rate it one star (not exhaustive, I'd have to write a book in response to it). Mind you, this is coming from someone who once ascribed to New Covenant Theology (NCT):

1) Paints Covenant Theology with a very broad brush, leaving Reformed Baptists out in the cold, and only considering Presbyterian Covenant Theology when dealing with Covenant Theology (CT).

2) Claims that NCT "does not have any outside document that must be imposed on the text of Scripture. It strives to
james holdren
Sep 29, 2014 rated it liked it
A basic introduction

This book is good for those just diving into NCT. it provides basic tenants of NCT and some of the logic behind them. This is a good primer for those exploring, but I would encourage people to also explore scholarly works. As far as the mentions of the other two interpretive systems are concerned, there are not too many mentions of either. It seems as if the author has only interacted with Presbyterian CT, and not with 1689 Federalism( a Reformed Baptist perspective on
Leah
Mar 19, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In terms of covering new covenant theology, it did its job very well. However, I do wish that the author didn't, for lack of a better word, throw verses in. I can appreciate how brief this book is, but he should have taken a little more time to provide more context for the verses he was using. At times, more so near the end of the book than the begining, it came off as though he was looking for verses to support his point, rather than making his points based off the Bible.
Curtis Cutler
Great primer!

I would recomend this read to anyone who grasps CT and DT. The book is written in a very understandable fashion. I would certainly recommend this book to any of my brothers as a NCT intro.
Michael Schmid
A good, basic introduction to New Covenant Theology. Gave me the desire study further of the topics addressed in more detail.
Leandro Guimarães
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Interesting, clear & succint, it puts forth well its point of view. But I still need to find a clear comparison to both Baptist covenantalism on one hand, and progressive covenantalism on the other.
Sarah & Colby
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great short introduction.

Lots of theology packed in a small book. Written on a level that is easy to grasp with plenty of information for deeper study.
James Harmeling
This is a brief primer on the attempts to forge a middle ground between covenant theology and dispensationalism. White does not attempt to delve too deeply into his defense of his positions. He simply wants to introduce New Covenant Theology and highlight some of the reasons it is preferable to the other systems. In doing this, he quickly drew my praise and my ire. I was glad he stated that Covenant Theology does not have biblical basis for its foundational premises of covenants and that since ...more
Matthew
Oct 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very concise introduction to New Covenant theology just as the title promises. The author explains the purpose of this theology is to be informed by scripture and not to impose a system upon scripture as he asserts Dispensationalists and Covenant theologians do. He does not spend time refuting other theologies as he is merely introducing New Covenant teachings.

Fundamentally, scripture is to be read with Christ as the center of scripture and redemptive history, indeed of all things.
Daniel Guzmán
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a clear and solid introduction of the basic ideas of New Covenant Theology, it is of easy reading and that makes it available for everyone interested in start deep studies on the subjects.

It presents the basic 7 Christ-centered doctrines in a clear way and encourages the reader to look in Scripture for the proofs.

Highly recommended!
Daniel
Oct 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So clear

i choose five stars rating because it is too clear to understand what the bible say of how we can interpretate the bible...
i woul like to recomend this book to those who are inconfort with the way how interpretate the bible the covenat Theology and dispensationalism system....
William Dicks
It is a worthwhile purchase, and definitely easy to read. An important subject in such a small book! I wrote slightly more at my blog on this.
Max Pappajohn
Oct 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great primer for those interested in what New Covenant Theology is all about!
Ryan
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A short but helpful book on New Covenant Theology that serves as a great intro. Can also be used for material for teaching or leading a church to understand NCT better.
Amber Almanzar
May 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Basic and clear. I read it in a day, so it's a good starting point.
Tim Gresham
Emmanuoel
Dec 31, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »

• Evangelism as Exiles: Life on Mission As Strangers In Our Own Land
  • Usagi Yojimbo, Vol. 5: Lone Goat and Kid (Usagi Yojimbo, #5)
  • From the Earth to the Moon (Extraordinary Voyages, #4)
  • Abortion: the Ultimate Exploitation of Women
  • No Exit and Three Other Plays
  • Stargazing Dog
  • O outro cão que guarda as estrelas
  • Usagi Yojimbo, Vol. 3: The Wanderer's Road (Usagi Yojimbo, #3)
  • Inside the Vatican (National Geographic)
  • Discipling: How to Help Others Follow Jesus
  • Kladivo na čarodějnice
  • Side by Side: Walking with Others in Wisdom and Love
  • Caring for One Another: 8 Ways to Cultivate Meaningful Relationships

News & Interviews

“The story of the Bible is not the story of the covenant of grace; nor is it the story of Israel. The Bible is the story of God’s work in history to sum up all things in Christ. New Covenant Theology strives to keep this one plan of God—centered in Jesus Christ—primary.” 0 likes
“Eschatology is generally understood as the study of the end times (or last things), so when New Covenant Theology says that the church is the eschatological Israel, we are saying that the church is the end-time Israel.” 0 likes