Start by marking “Model, Vol. 4” as Want to Read:
Model, Vol. 4

Model, Vol. 4

(Model #4)

We open with a dream in which it seems Jae sees Michael, but she isn't sure. A premonition of the future? We then follow Ken's story of growing up on the estate with Eva. Taking the job as Michael's servant allows Eva and Ken to stay together. But Ken hasn't yet met Michael. Ken almost stumbles upon the two adults one night, but Michael quickly disappears and three more ye ...more
208 pages
Published November 9th 2004 by TokyoPop (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Model, Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Model, Vol. 4

Grace Troxel
Jan 15, 2018 rated it liked it
This review originally appeared on my blog, Books Without Any Pictures:

Paranormal shojo manga has quickly become one of my guilty pleasures. I blame the series Model by Lee So-Young. I picked up the first volume at an anime convention last year, and I’ve been hooked. So hooked that I binge-read the last four books in a single afternoon.

In case you don’t know anything about the series, the premise is pretty simple. A vampire named Michael invites a young ar
Christina
Aug 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: library, read-in-2017
I was happy to get more explanation, but then we were told it was all a dream?! Plus, what was that last chapter? I am so confused with this series. I think I'm going to have to reread the entire thing when it's done to see if it makes more sense.
Rebecca
This volume was so confusing and the characters feel so... contrived. In a way I’m glad that these are out of print so I could read them online. I’m struggling to see why this series tops the lists of “must read vampire manga.” Maybe part of the problem is I read Blood Bank first, which was phenomenal... I love whoever did the background art/architecture drawings but the figures are... it’s so difficult to tell them apart and at one point when Ken was telling his backstory it wasn’t entirely cle ...more
Katie Umland
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
I wasn’t a fan of this series. I was just bored most of the time. I do have to say I liked the ending. But for the most part I never got into the story line. There were too many sudden character switches in the story line with, there was zero transitions. It was hard to follow at times. The art didn’t help much. It wasn’t horrible, but the male characters all looked the same and with some of the shadings it was hard to tell if it was the main male character or a different male character. I’m a f ...more
VampireNovelFan
"Your tears...never show them to Michael."

In this fourth volume of the seven part series, we learn a lot more about Eva and Ken's past and how they came to live with Michael. Eva's reason for wanting Jae to live is a lot more understandable now. Also Ken comes to terms with his feelings for Jae. Was he playing her all along, or does he really love her? That's answered here.

I was a little annoyed with the back and forth regarding everyone's relation to each other. Is everyone blood-related or no
Katy
Feb 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is my favorite cover thus far. The volume opens with a quick frame chapter which I thought was pretty, though maybe it didn't add much to the story. I really enjoyed baby!Ken's backstory with Michael, which comprised about half the volume. Ken's sexual aggressiveness toward Jae is sexy, but I think this is the moment where I lost a lot of respect and sympathy for him. At least he finally backs off, for now. Also at least he isn't manipulating Jae for his own purposes like Michael is. Overal ...more
Leila Anani
4th installment of this 7 volume gothic romance. A real flashback volume. The majority is taken up with Eva and Ken's backstory and how Ken came to resent Michael. Ken kisses Jae and the love-triangle deepens. There's a very odd additional story which seems to have Jae and Ken as different characters - Ken is the dead brother of Jae's grandmother and gran sends Jae to stop him haunting their house... odd.

Much more coherant than the last book, we finally get a few things answered. Detailed faces
Kirsten
I just found this volume didn't fit with the previous ones. I guess it was supposed to make some big revelation of character's pasts but I found by the end I was just like "what was that about?" I found it was also hard to tell from the art and the dialogue what was actually happening and what was a dream. Also continued difficulty identifying which character was which and who was speaking.
Anna Rebecca
Jun 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, home-library
In this latest installment of Jae and Michael’s story we finally learn some of Eva, Ken and Michael’s story and why Jae has become so important in Michael’s house. Of course, there are still a lot of unanswered questions and half answered questions. As always, this book is satisfying enough to be enjoyable, but it leaves you wanting to pick up the next volume.
Caroline
May 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Yay! Answers about Ken's past, and a bit about Eva's and Michael's. Jae confronts Michael and tells him to grow up a little and not figure that he knows what people feel and think. He reaches out to her a little more, so there's some romantic development there...they make a pretty good couple. They just have to figure themselves out, but that's what the other books in the series are for!
Jenny Clark
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tokyopop-manga
Some character development here, and some secrets figured out. I do not like Ken at all... the kiss I could overlook, but the rest ummm nononono
Anastasia
Jun 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, manga
3.25
I liked the extra chapter. Though it was a bit confusing because of the names. But still cute.
Mary
May 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
this book was so good!!! i cant wait to read the next one!!!
Denise
Dec 04, 2014
April Anderson
Jun 09, 2013

• The Tarot Cafe, #4
  • Pet Shop of Horrors, Vol. 5 (Pet Shop of Horrors, #5)
  • Les Bijoux, Volume 1