Start by marking “Dinosaur (Eyewitness Books)” as Want to Read:
Dinosaur (Eyewitness Books)

Dinosaur (Eyewitness Books)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  222 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Full-color photos. "From cover to cover, this openly invites the reader to discover the delights of dinosaurs. The visual appeal is impressive. The text is informative. Fossilization, skeleton reconstruction, and a superb time scale round out a stunning and compelling book. Complete, authoritative, exact, and imaginative, it is sure to survive when other dinosaur books bec ...more
Published September 5th 1989 by Knopf Books for Young Readers (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Dinosaur, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dinosaur

Kiki
Apr 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like animals so I read this book and learned the original organism in the earth before. The reason why I like this book is it’s let me knew more information about dinosaurs.
Bea
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who ACTUALLY likes dinosaurs

So I thought I was really into dinosaurs after really enjoying Jurassic Park; I have an apatosaurus from Michaels, and I was told that I apparently loved dinosaurs as a kid. To be honest, this book kind of bored me. The only thing I really enjoyed was looking at all of the pictures. I'm probably going to try reading the Ancient Egypt version: Ancient Egypt.
Steven Peterson
May 25, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you have a young reader in your family, and that youngster likes dinosaurs. this is a good volume to acquire. It is meant for young readers and is pitched nicely at that age group. I fact, I bought about twenty of the volumes in the Eyewitness Books series for my son, when he was a lot younger than he is today. It seemed like a good investment then, and I think I got my money's worth out of the purchases. And this book is no exception to that judgment..

It provides a solid introduction to what
Tristan
At nine yrs old, I prefered the DVD of this topic in the Eyewitness series. I skimmed through parts of it but this edition has too much techinical detail and really read less than a third of the book. The graphics and photos are always excellent. There is a page with text about timescale, but anybook about dinosaurs (for children or adults) should have a linegraph displaying the scale of how far back in time this era is.
Tamara
Jun 05, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun to read! It gives you snip its of information throughout, however, it doesn't group masses of information together. I enjoy lists. I was looking for something that branches from Carnivores/Herbivores/Omnivores into subcategories like Sauropods and then a list of examples. It makes it easier to learn that way. It does take you through the daily routine of a dinosaur's life though, which is always interesting.
Alex Wingrove
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-lit
This book is all about dinosaurs, and everything about them. It talks about the different types, the parts of their body and function, etc.
I liked this book because I've always been fascinated with dinosaurs!
This book would be good to read to kids, especially boys, because they are very interested in dinosaurs.
(NS)Jordyn
Reading the Adobe e-books digital edition. This book would be great for use on a SMART board as the images are great and you could "write" on it to point out or highlight important features for students to take note of.
Laurie
Apr 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My 5 year old son LOVES these Eyewitness Books. The best part is that there's so much information that you really can't outgrow them.
Cara
It was a decent book, though it wasn't quite as informative as I expected it to be. It was more of an overview of dinosaurs, specifically some species. Very quick read. Great pictures.
Theresa
Jul 24, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
Dinosaur
Norman, David
the book has great detail and information about dinosaurs to allow the children to connect to resources and technology
Theresa
a great resource for children, bold and striking pictures, and well researched information
Nirvana
Mar 02, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So... DK Publishing published a book about dinosaurs... and presented these things as fact.
Why didn't they make it FACTUAL? There should be DRAGONS and JESUS in there :D
Mar 22, 2015
Susan Davidson
Sep 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Rocks & Minerals (Eyewitness Books)
  • Ancient Rome
  • National Geographic Dinosaurs
  • Germs Make Me Sick!
  • Mummies Made in Egypt
  • The Lost Dinosaurs of Egypt
  • Ancient China (Eyewitness Books)
David Bruce Norman is a British paleontologist, currently Director of the Sedgwick Museum at Cambridge University.

He is a fellow at Christ's College, Cambridge where he teaches geology in the Natural Sciences tripos. He is a member of the Palaeontological Association.

There is more than one author with this name.

Nonfiction Deals

$12.99 $3.99
    $15.99 $2.99
  • By Myself and Then Some
    $11.74 $1.99
  • The Fifth Agreement: A Practical Guide to Self-Mastery (A Toltec Wisdom Book)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • Wish You Happy Forever: What China's Orphans Taught Me About Moving Mountains
    $14.74 $1.99
  • The Return: Fathers, Sons and the Land in Between
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Prize: Who's in Charge of America's Schools?
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Smoke and Pickles: Recipes and Stories from a New Southern Kitchen
    $18.95 $2.99
  • Founding Mothers
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Undeniable: Evolution and the Science of Creation (Kindle Edition)
  • Around My French Table: More Than 300 Recipes from My Home to Yours
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Ida: A Sword Among Lions
    $8.24 $2.99
  • A Natural History of the Senses (Vintage)
  • Unsinkable: A Memoir
    $7.95 $2.49
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Identical Strangers: A Memoir of Twins Separated and Reunited
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Secret Life of Lobsters: How Fishermen and Scientists Are Unraveling the Mysteries of Our Favorite Crustacean
    $7.99 $1.99