Start by marking “97 Things to Do Before You Finish High School” as Want to Read:
97 Things to Do Before You Finish High School

97 Things to Do Before You Finish High School

3.42  ·  Rating details ·  102 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Being in high school is about a lot more than going to high school. It’s about discovering new places, new hobbies, and new people - and opening your eyes to the world. This book is about the stuff they don’t teach you in high school, like how to host a film festival, plan your first road trip, make a podcast, or write a manifesto.

Want to make a time capsule? Spend a day
Published May 1st 2008 by Zest Books (first published November 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about 97 Things to Do Before You Finish High School, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 97 Things to Do Before You Finish High School

Ashley
Mar 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Book Summary:
Being in high school is about a lot more than going to high school. It’s about discovering new places, new hobbies, and new people—and opening your eyes to the world. This book is about the stuff they don’t teach you in high school, like how to host a film festival, plan your first road trip, make a podcast, or write a manifesto. Want to make a time capsule? Spend a day in silence? Learn how to make beats like a DJ? Or shut down your house party before the police do? Whatever your
Laina
Feb 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult-2012
My rating: 3 out of 5

As a future high school teacher I thought that this book would be worth a look. I wanted to arm myself with suggestions and ideas of fun, practical and ambitious things my future students could do. Jenkins' and Stalder's list covers a wide range of suggestions for students to follow ranging from, Redo Your Bedroom (#1), Sing Karaoke (#21), and Bury a Time Capsule (#97). Along the way they offer tips on how to get started and tidbits of information in the "Did You Know?" sect
Sophie Adams
Apr 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wishlist
This books has a ton of different suggestions for things you should do while you are still young. I have done about a quarter of them. I plan to do at least 40 more. Things on my list include:

*Go on a road trip with my friends
*Go camping on the road trip with my friends
*Watch the sun rise while camping on the road trip with my friends
*Build a bonfire while camping on the road trip with my friends
*Keep a scrapbook
*Give technology a break (go for a weekend without it)
*Write a letter to my future
Kara
Dec 10, 2009 rated it liked it
Nonfiction/humor

I thought this book was really fun and I can see how many high school students would really enjoy it. It is simply a list of things you should do before graduating high school. With each item on the list there is an excerpt on why you should do it, and how to do it. I thought that it gave lots of really good advice such as establish an exercise routine, and connect with a role model. These are things that teens don't always think of as important. But it also cited interesting thi
Brandi Bette
Jul 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
This fun and helpful guide outlines the must-do items for every teenager—from going on a road trip to learning one's blood type—and offers advice on such topics as friendship, dating, and independence. Motivational, funny, sincere, and packed with information, this is an ideal resource for the adventure-seeking teen.

From Benicia Middle School Booktalks 2010-5 & Liberty Booktalks 2010
Benicia Public Library Call Number: YA 646.7008

This book was really lame. Most of their suggestions were completely bogus and were things I would never do or I had already done in middle school. I couldn't even finish reading it. I just browsed to see if there would be any cool suggestions but there weren't any. Totally skip reading this book, I wouldn't recommend.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com/2009...
Mkatona
Mar 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
I bought this to see if there were some good tips for Daniel as he moves toward the teen years. Especially liked the idea of his having a pen pal. Good to help in writing skills and broaden his horizons.
Monica
Sep 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: teenagers
Short to the point and easy to read. loved suggestions such as: go skinny dipping and get a pen pal
Rekha
Jul 16, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: teennonfiction
I could see how this would be a fun book for teens to thumb through. I remember liking this kind of thing when I was in high school. It's ok. Eh.
Bunny
This is a fun little read for teens. Things recommended range from fun to practical. Took about an hour to flip through.
Jenna
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is quite interesting.
Andd Becker
Dec 23, 2014 rated it liked it
High school students will get impactful ideas from this book.
S
Feb 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Lo-Down
  • Miss Manners' Basic Training: The Right Thing to Say
  • The Psychologist's Book Of Self-Tests: 25 Love, Sex, Intelligence, Career, And Personality Tests Developed By Professionals to Reveal the Real You
  • What Color Is Your Parachute? for Teens: Discovering Yourself, Defining Your Future
  • How to Survive Anything, Anywhere: A Handbook of Survival Skills for Every Scenario and Environment
  • Sex: A Book for Teens: An Uncensored Guide to Your Body, Sex, and Safety
  • Off the Beaten Path
  • The Girls' Guide to Rocking: How to Start a Band, Book Gigs, and Get Rolling to Rock Stardom
  • How to Be a Vampire: A Fangs-On Guide for the Newly Undead
  • The Bad Girl's Guide to Getting What You Want
  • Hannah: My True Story of Drugs, Cutting, and Mental Illness
  • The Her Campus Guide to College Life: How to Manage Relationships, Stay Safe and Healthy, Handle Stress, and Have the Best Years of Your Life
  • The Ultimate Teen Book Guide

$7.99 $1.99
    $27.99 $2.99
  • Waiter Rant: Thanks for the Tip-Confessions of a Cynical Waiter
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Dakota: A Spiritual Geography (Dakotas)
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Flour: A Baker's Collection of Spectacular Recipes
    $21.99 $3.99
  • The Longest Day: The Classic Epic of D-Day
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Present Over Perfect: Leaving Behind Frantic for a Simpler, More Soulful Way of Living
  • The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change
  • Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life
  • Church of the Small Things: The Million Little Pieces That Make Up a Life
  • Capital Gaines: Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Moving Beyond Words: Essays on Age, Rage, Sex, Power, Money, Muscles: Breaking the Boundaries of Gender
  • Woman's Worth