Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “¡Cuidado con tus deseos!” as Want to Read:
¡Cuidado con tus deseos!
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

¡Cuidado con tus deseos! (Goosebumps #12)

by
3.66  ·  Rating details ·  8,728 Ratings  ·  245 Reviews
¡Pide un deseo!

Samantha Cuervo es torpe. Siempre le ocurren accidentes. Todas las participantes del equipo femenino de basquetbol se ríen de ella. Y la malvada Judith Bellwood se encarga de burlarse e ella dentro y fuera del juego. Pero todo va a cambiar. Samantha ha conocido a alguien que le concedió tres deseos. De verdad.
Lástima que Samantha no tuviera cuidado cuando pi
...more
Paperback, 130 pages
Published May 1997 by Grupo Editorial Norma (first published 1993)
More Details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.
This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Add this book to your favorite list »

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30)
Rating details
Sort: Default
|
Filter
George K.
Sep 30, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
Θα έλεγε κανείς ότι έφαγα κόλλημα, μιας και αυτό είναι το τρίτο βιβλιαράκι της σειράς που διαβάζω μέσα στον μήνα. Ή απλά αυτά τα βιβλιαράκια είναι υπερβολικά ευκολοδιάβαστα και ευχάριστα, οπότε είναι και ο καλύτερος τρόπος για να περάσει γρήγορα η ώρα. Η Σαμάνθα είναι ένα δωδεκάχρονο κορίτσι, ψηλό και εντελώς αδέξιο και ίσως άχαρο, που κάθε μέρα κάποιες από τις συμμαθήτριές της την εξευτελίζουν συνέχεια. Μέχρι που μια μέρα θα συναντήσει μια παράξενη γυναίκα, την οποία και θα βοηθήσει. Για να ευχ ...more
Josiah
May 27, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would give this book two and a half stars.
Be Careful What You Wish For... stands out as one of the most interesting R.L. Stine books I have read. The plot turns unexpected corners and broaches the title topic in a balanced manner, subtly driving home the point with a harrowing story. The ways that Sam's wishes go awry are not obvious to the average reader (which already places this in rare company, for such a story), nor are they telegraphed before they should be known. Some of R.L. Stine's be
...more
Carmen
Sep 03, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Children; Parents
Samantha Byrd is full of anger. She has a nasty temper. She is 12-years-old and very tall. She is clumsy. Other kids make fun of her. Especially Judith. Samantha exacerbates this by yelling at them and getting into fights.

I looked down at my brand-new shoes covered in gloppy yellow pudding.
And that's when I lost it.
I uttered an angry roar and went for Judith's throat.
I didn't plan it or anything. I think it was temporary insanity.
I just reached out with both hands and grabbed Judith by the
...more
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Μία ιστορία που σου προκαλεί έναν εσωτερικό φόβο και μια αγωνία που δεν είναι πάντα εύκολο να την περιγράψεις. Μια ιστορία που σήμερα φαντάζει τραγικά σύγχρονη, αφού ο σχολικός εκφοβισμός και η συναισθηματική βία είναι φαινόμενο των καιρών μας περισσότερο από ποτέ. Και ιστορίες σαν κι αυτές αποδεικνύουν πως καμιά φορά τα προβλήματα δεν λύνονται με "εύκολες" αποφάσεις, και πως το να πολεμήσεις τη βία -οποιασδήποτε μορφής-, με βία, μπορεί να είναι η οριστική καταστροφή σου.
Brandi
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Defaulting to 5 stars because this is a book from my childhood. I cut my teeth on R.L. Stine and have always thought back to these books with a smile. This was such a fun step back in time too! Things are so different now. :/

I didn't end up finishing this, because I gave it to my son to read and I picked up my adult book, lol, but I still love this series--how could I not?!

Sydney Miller
Oct 01, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comfort-books, oldd
This review has been hidden because it contains spoilers. To view it, click here.
Connie
Source: I own this book.
Cost: Unknown

Title: Be Careful What You Wish For
Series: Goosebumps #12
Author: RL Stine
Overall Rating: 3 stars

Samantha Byrd is the tallest girl in her class, she's smart, she's funny, she plays sports...The only thing holding her back from being popular and liked, her clumsiness. She believes that she's the clumsiest person in the world and when Judith Belwood starts making her life a living hell, she wishes that she could change everything. Little does she know,
...more
David Santos
Aug 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goosebumps
I was never good in math, but I counted 6 wishes instead of three. Course a few were retracted, but still with my ADD I can't keep up.

Be careful what you wish for is true when what you say has double meaning or can be taken multiple ways. Asking for someone to disappear is pretty clear, but you will read what actually happens. It's like saying 'I wish everyone would just leave me alone!" Thats a wish that can be taken two ways. They could leave you alone by not annoying you or bothering you anym
...more
Lazar
This review has been hidden because it contains spoilers. To view it, click here.
Alex findingmontauk1
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
giving this one a 3.5 for some of the repetitive whininess that got to me early on... but bumping the star rating up to a 4 because that ending made me drop my jaw! haha
Kyrie Keka
Buku ini aku baca waktu masih SMP. Tentu aja dalam versi terjemahan Bahasa Indonesia. Waktu jaman aku SD, SMP sampe SMA, buku R.L. Stine macem Goosebumps gini emang jadi pilihan paling sering buat kubaca (selain Doraemon, komik-komik serial cantik dan serial Lupus). Aku baca beberapa Goosebumps, tapi lupa apa aja. Dan yang paling kuingat adalah buku yang ini.

Buku ini menceritakan tentang Samantha Byrd yang sering jadi bahan tertawaan teman-temannya di tim basket. Dia cewek yang tinggi, punya kel
...more
Reeva
Nov 13, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Contains Spoilers!!!!!!


Man, Sam is a complete idiot. Why did she wish Judith met the witch? She should have just left at "I wish I never met you". I think her first wish should have been, "I wish I wasn't a klutz". That would have been a good wish, All her other wishes were retarded! I didn't like this book, especially the ending. It was not appealing at all.

I also realized that in almost every Goosebumps books the main character is 12 years old, there is a terrier at some point, someone has red
...more
Adrianna
Mar 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i thinked i love that story because of its lesson it tells to u cant always get everything and u have to put up with it i thinked it was so funny too.
Alysha DeShaé
One of the few (if not the only) Goosebumps book that doesn't really have a monster or some otherworldly "thing" going on. Yes, you get wishes, but the villains are peer pressure and human cruelty.
Angie
Feb 06, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the first and my favorite Goosebumps book when I was a child. I was in love after that!
Rae Lake
This review has been hidden because it contains spoilers. To view it, click here.
Darcy McLaughlin
Sam Byrd is a super tall, uncoordinated, unatheletic, unpopular 6th grader. We get introduced to her by having her trip in her math class and plant on the floor. Of course, she's tripped by the evil Judith who is her biggest bully/rival in the school. As we come to learn Judith is just an unrelenting bitch of a kid. Sam is forced to solve a math problem in class but of course is such a loser that she can't do basic math and everyone laughs at her (teacher included).

In Home Ec. class with her fat
...more
David Latham
This review has been hidden because it contains spoilers. To view it, click here.
Alexandra
this one really annoyed me. the main character sam is pretty well obsessed with one of her basketball teammates judith. not because she likes her, but because she hates her. judith is a bully and sam is sick of her shit.

judith drops pudding on sam's new shoes in home ec, talks trash, and is just a horrible human.

thoughts of judith take over sam's mind. when she meets a weird young/old woman with a mysterious crystal ball in the woods and is granted three wishes, sam makes wishes that are all c
...more
Trent Mikesell
My daughter has been reading Goosebump books like crazy, so I wanted to make sure they were appropriate for her. I don't think I need to read anymore of them, but I am happy that she is enjoying them and I think they are appropriate for her.
Fatema
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So much fun. I always wait for the ending of these books. Always weird.
Rachel Smith
My first Goosebumps title ever, LOL. Not too bad.
Highness Atharva
Be Careful What you Wish For!! Reading this book really redefines and illustrates what the phrase means and what potential dangers lie ahead if people who mess with nature and sometimes how nature (Clarisse) messes with them. The story is great and not very horrifying or scary. It's just very unreal but is written in a very well way which makes you believe as if you are reading a true teenager girls story. Samantha is truly a klutz. There is no doubt. The first wish was really dull. Sam (Short f ...more
Tiffany Spencer
Be Careful What You Wish For
Plot: Samantha Byrd is the klutziest girl in her class. She's always getting ridiculed by the likes of mean, popular, girls like Judith and Ana, who use the lame insult "Byrd I wish you would just fly away". After a bad day at school, Samantha comes across "The Crystal Lady", an odd lady that seems to have lost her way in the woods. Samantha helps her find her destination and the lady grants her three wishes. But as we all know if we watch Once Upon A Time, "All magi
...more
Patrica
Mar 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a story about a twelve year old girl named Samantha Byrd. Sam is a very tall girl for her age and is the tallest girl in her seventh grade class. Being that she is so tall, this makes her very clumsy. Sam is always tripping over things and isn't a very good basketball player. The kids constantly tease her calling her "stork" and "fly away bird". Judith and Anna are the meanest ones to Sam.

One day when Sam meets a strange woman and helps her get home, the woman grants Sam three wishes.
...more
Maggie Gordon
Star Rating: * 1/2

Samantha Byrd is an awkward pre-teen who just can’t seem to catch a break. She’s constantly bullied by a fellow classmate, and all she wants is a fresh start. When she helps a mysterious woman, Clarissa, across town, she’s offered three wishes for compensation. As the title suggests, however, wishes must be carefully used. Every time Samantha wishes for something, her desires come true, but with terrible repercussions. She becomes the best basketball player when everyone else o
...more
Hilary
So, I'm finally reading through all of the Goosebumps books if you couldn't already tell by how I'm spamming the updates feed on your GoodReads accounts. While my second grade classroom had some of them available, as well as friends and libraries, I never was able to read them all and now that I'm old and sick with a cold it seems like the appropriate time to dig in.

Be Careful What You Wish For... suffers from terrible title syndrome. Aside from that, though it's a generally pretty cool book. I
...more
Taylor Morrison
This review has been hidden because it contains spoilers. To view it, click here.
Danny
Dec 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comfort-books
Ahhh, the Goosebump days. I would borrow so many of these from the library they seriously considered extending my limit of books checked out at one time. R.L. Stine you were a reprieve from a harsh and dreary childhood in which my mind wandered far away from the troubles of the day. I stole books into my bed and read far into the night by the faintest of lights. I might have better eyesight were it not for you; however, I regret not one page or line.
Eddie Rangel
Goosebumps Be careful what you wish for is a good book. It about a girl that gets three wishes from this strange books. She takes the first wish and regrets it. same with her anther wishes. then she needed to find a way to get ride of all this bad things that happens. Over ll i think that its a book for people that like horror.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next »
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Monsters: Tales to Give You the Creeps
  • Scary Stories 3: More Tales to Chill Your Bones (Scary Stories, #3)
  • Kristy for President (The Baby-Sitters Club, #53)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • The Forgotten (Animorphs, #11)
9,420 followers
Robert Lawrence Stine known as R. L. Stine and Jovial Bob Stine, is an American novelist and writer, well known for targeting younger audiences. Stine, who is often called the Stephen King of children's literature, is the author of dozens of popular horror fiction novellas, including the books in the Goosebumps, Rotten School, Mostly Ghostly, The Nightmare Room and Fear Street series.

R. L. Stine b
...more
More about R.L. Stine

Other books in the series

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 67 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)

Fiction Deals

  • Mercy Among the Children
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Take Me with You
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Diver's Clothes Lie Empty
    $7.49 $1.99
  • The Traveler's Gift: Seven Decisions that Determine Personal Success
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Little Giant of Aberdeen County
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Her Sister's Shoes (Sweeney Sisters #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Rock Harbor Collection: Without a Trace, Beyond a Doubt, Into the Deep, Cry in the Night, and Silent Night (Rock Harbor #1-5)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • A Thousand Tomorrows (Cody Gunner, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Shoeless Joe
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Death in Venice
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Blonde
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Ever After (Lost Love, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Rescue
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Lords of Discipline
    $17.99 $1.99
  • The Sheltering Sky
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
  • A Charles Martin Collection: When Crickets Cry, Chasing Fireflies, and Wrapped in Rain
    $14.99 $3.99
  • Remember Tuesday Morning (9/11, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Scavenger's Daughters (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Under the Udala Trees
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Streets Have No King
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Passion
    $11.00 $1.99
  • The Language of Hoofbeats
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Perfect: A Novel
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Seekers (Kent Family Chronicles, #3)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Don Quixote
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Essex Serpent
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Storycatcher
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Domestic Violets
    $9.24 $1.99
  • The Devil Wears Prada
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Half a Heart
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Keeper of Secrets: A Novel
    $9.24 $1.99
  • A Garden of Earthly Delights (Wonderland Quartet, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Golden Notebook
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Life of Christ
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Good Mother
    $5.74 $1.99
  • The Palest Ink (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters Prequel)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
    $4.99 $1.99
  • As Close to Us as Breathing: A Novel
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Child in Time
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Lowcountry Stranger (Sweeney Sisters Series Book 2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Man in 3B
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Save Me
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Time Bomb
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Heat and Light: A Novel
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Reunion
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer of Jordi Perez (And the Best Burger in Los Angeles)
    $16.99 $1.99
  • Stay Up With Me
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Loser
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P.
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Map and the Territory
    $8.99 $2.99
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Father's Day
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Skeletons at the Feast
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Even Now (Lost Love, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sackett's Land: The Sacketts (Sacketts, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Bright Beauty
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Intervention (An Intervention Novel)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Star Sand
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Secrets of Nanreath Hall
    $11.74 $1.99
  • The Man Who Could Be King
    $4.99 $1.99
  • This Is Where It Ends
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Sugar Queen
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Birth House
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Open City
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Out of Sorts
    $5.99 $0.99
  • The Hearts of Men: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Revolutionary Road
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Blessings
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Choke
    $14.99 $2.99
  • Bachelor Girl
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Wednesday Sisters
    $11.99 $1.99
“The kid moved, and Judith dropped her lunch tray on the table and took her seat. "Would you like to swap lunches?" she asked me. "Yours looks so much better than mine."
I was holding a mashed-up tunafish sand-wich. "This?" I asked, waving it. Half the tunafish fell out of the soggy bread.
"Yum!" Judith exclaimed. "Want my pizza, Sam? Here. Take it." She slid her tray in front of me. "You bring great lunches. I wish my mum packed lunches like yours."
I could see Cory staring at me , his eyes wide with disbelief.
I really couldn't believe it, either. All Judith wanted from the world was to be exactly like me!”
14 likes
More quotes…