Start by marking “A Gentleman's Secret (A Gentleman's #2)” as Want to Read:
A Gentleman's Secret (A Gentleman's #2)

A Gentleman's Secret

(A Gentleman's #2)

Book 2 in the Gentleman's Series by AJ Linn
Donovan Hart has finally found his unico vero amore' in the beautiful Scarlett Montgomery, but the question remains...will he be able keep her?

Will his secret be too much for her to handle, or...will hers be too much for him to handle?

A Gentleman’s Secret is an unpredictable ride full of twists and turns that will keep you guessin
Published December 22nd 2013 by AJLinn (first published December 20th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Gentleman's Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Gentleman's Secret

Scarlett
Oct 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In this sequel to A.J.Linn’s debut novel, A Gentleman’s Affair, Donovan Hart’s story continues in a page-turning, couldn’t-put-it-down, knot-in-my-stomach way, as described in the summary. A deeper side of the main characters, Donovan, Scarlett, and Donovan’s dad, Bruce, is revealed with great skill by the author as the relationship between Donovan and his one true love, Scarlett Montgomery, continues.

The secrets that are revealed throughout the story (and the ensuing drama) kept me on the edge
Jackie
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Five "Vero amore" stars! for "A Gentleman's Secret" by A.J. Linn. I have been excitedly awaiting this sequel since the powerful and suspenseful cliffhanger to "A Gentleman's Affair" Mr. Linn did not disappoint. Donovan and Scarlett's story continues in a fast paced, no holds barred page turner, full of plot twist that had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. A Gentleman's Secret" runs the gamut of emotions. I found myself laughing one minute, apprehensive and holding my breath the next and ...more
Loverlysbookblog
Oct 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Before you read any further, if you haven't read Book 1 in the Series, A Gentleman's Affair, then there are definitely going to be some spoilers. So go grab A Gentleman's Affair, read it, and then come back to this review. :)

In the sequel to A Gentleman's Affair, we pick right back up where AGA left off. And although, this story is about Donovan and Scarlett, the author introduces us to so many more characters along the way.

The prologue starts off in Scarlett's POV, because remember, Donovan's i
Susi
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My Review

A Gentleman's Secret picks up right where the first book ends. I loved that I was able to continue following Donovan on his journey of love and dreams without any interruptions in the story. Having surpassed the final events in A Gentleman's Affair, this story is a little different. Donovan and Scarlett both have secrets to reveal and in the process, the story and their lives encounter twists, turns and even an unexpected surprise from Donovan's father.

Donovan continues to be the sexy,
Romina
May 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In this sequel to A Gentleman’s Affair Donovan Hart and Scarlett Montgomery have found love. After searching for his Unico Vero Amore’ Donovan is so sure Scarlett is the one he wants to tell her how much he loves her.
Tragedy happens and he’s involved in a near fatal accident.
This is where A Gentleman’s Secret picks up the story.
Scarlett has refused to leave Donovan’s side since the accident, having been placed in an induced coma for 2 weeks he wakes to find a few changes have happened. Mainly t
C
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, erotica
If you fell in love with Donovan Hart in “A Gentleman’s Affair” you will love him even more (if that’s possible, but it is) in “A Gentleman’s Secret.” This book shows a softer, more human side of the rich playboy who has fallen in love. A love that grows between him and Scarlett is simply that, love. True love. When you love someone you shouldn’t need anything else, right? But it seems secrets can get in the way. Are Donovan and Scarlett strong enough to overcome the secrets? Something we have a ...more
Dawn
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I fell in love with Donovan Hart as he searched for his unico vero amore, his one true love, in A Gentleman's Affair. After the nearly heart stopping cliffhanger, I couldn't wait to find out what would happen to my new favorite "couple".

Would there be a future for Donovan and Scarlett? Would his secret drive her away, or would their love be strong enough to conquer all? These were a few of the questions our beloved author left us with.

A.J. Linn not only answered those questio
Michele
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A Gentleman's Secret (The Gentleman's Series)

If you read "A Gentleman's Affair" you saw the bachelor side of Donovan Hart, the funny but very smart man that knows what he wants. He meets Scarlett and falls for her hard. You also meet his father "Pop" who loves his son very much, but does not want anything to do with La Fuga after his wife's passing.

In reading "A Gentleman's Secret" the story continues with their love of each other after a tragic accident that Donovan endured. Their love for eac
Suzannah
Feb 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
While I am normally not a big fan of sequels mainly because they so often disappoint by being a re-hash of a first book, I was wrong in my pre-conceived notion about A Gentleman's Secret. This book was even better than the first, A Gentleman's Affair. It was fantastic!

Upon finishing this second book, I feel as if I know Donovan Hart and Scarlett Montgomery much better than in the first book. Donovan is a 'real' man, with much revealed. He and Scarlett have their secrets, and in brutally honest f
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

“When Scarlett says no dessert that means she’s pretty mad. I’m in trouble.”

“I love you… all of you, and all of your good and bad includes your past, no matter how sordid and messed up it was. Don’t you get that by now?”

“Women do not like to be told what to do… unless they are naked.”

My Review:

A more action packed volume from A Gentleman’s Affair. Hints are dropped along the way of possible landmines, although they remain dormant for quite a while, before they are eventually trip
Vicki
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
It might seem as if it's taken me a while to finish this book, it didn't but with the post christmas blah, a case of flu, first hubby then moi, it's just taken me longer to update here than read the book.
I find this book, as the one before, amusing. It's great to read from the man's pov. I find your heart warming to him, you can't help yourself. There's a good back ground story going on here too. No I'm not letting loose with any spoilers, but I digress. Anyone looking....read these books, witt
Michala
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Can I just say, I want more of Donovan and Scarlett as soon as A.J Linn can write it :) I need to know what happens next #greedy

I loved this second book, I love the way AJ Linn writes, it so refreshing.
gotta love Mr Donovan Hart.♥ *swit swoo* ;)
Scarlett I just wanted to hug, give her a cup of sweet tea.
loved his dad Bruce in this book.
do yourself a favour and get a hold of these lovely books. as I said, they are refreshing.
thanks to a j linn for sharing her Donovan with us. hes yummy
Tanya Vought
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book takes off where the first one ended... and we see more of both these characters... but from the accident.... things change as Donovan and Scarlett try to make their relationship work... but can it?

This book let's us see his club... and he takes Scarlett. But his secrets are hidden here... as well as his past.
And then there's Scarlett's past....

While reading I felt so much reading.... happiness, love, angst... you name it.

Just like AGA this is a great book and I can't wait to see mo
Mamackn
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Oh, this book was so awesome. A perfect second book! It was HOT, Spicy and an even bigger roller coaster than book 1. I fell in love with all of the characters in book 2. I couldn't wait to see what they were going to explore and how it was all going to work out. Donovan is a lover and a hero.
Danielle Ouimet
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
this second novel in the Gentleman saga was a perfect sequel ! reading a man's insecurities and struggle in relationship instead of a woman point of view is refreshing! a must read !!!!
Kimberly
Jan 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Gentleman's Secret is a good read - I enjoyed it and would recommend A Gentleman's Affair and Secret.
Holly
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This really exceeded my expectations, unlike most erotic romances, it touched on different fantasies, so exciting & stimulating!!
Tevydara Song
Aug 07, 2014
Carla Golian
Feb 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love it!
It's a real page turner. Donovan has surely stolen my heart. Can't wait for the Surprise!
Jeanine
rated it it was ok
Nov 22, 2015
Dixiemae Smith
Jan 06, 2014
A.J. Linn published his debut novel, A Gentleman's Affair, Volume 1 of The Gentleman's Series, in May, 2013.

Since that time, he has continued protagonist Donovan Hart's story in A Gentleman's Secret, published in December, 2013, and revealed Donovan's earlier life in a prequel, A Gentleman's Memoir, a novella published in August, 2014.

The series quickly became very popular with fans of his RP/char

A Gentleman's (4 books)
  • A Gentleman's Affair (A Gentleman's #1)
  • A Gentleman's Memoir (A Gentleman's #3)
  • A Gentleman's Fate (A Gentleman's #4)