Start by marking “Resistance (Night School #4)” as Want to Read:
Resistance (Night School #4)

Resistance (Night School #4)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  4,395 Ratings  ·  369 Reviews
After months on the run, Allie returns to Cimmeria Academy to find the school in turmoil. The atmosphere is thick with danger. Overshadowing it all is Nathaniel. He is close – very close – to getting everything he wants.

A secret civil war is tearing the British political elite apart. And Allie’s family is in the thick of it. Both sides want her. She knows Nathaniel will ta
Published June 5th 2014 by Atom (first published May 15th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Resistance, please sign up.
Shattered by Teri TerryTrouble by Non PrattSay Her Name by James DawsonBanished by Liz de JagerHalf Bad by Sally Green
UKYA in 2014
141 books — 235 voters
YA Novels of 2014
1,547 books — 9,132 voters

More lists with this book...

NiCoLeTa E.
Nov 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh, God!!! I love this series!!!!

They have it all...
Much adventure, suspense, funny moments, heartbreaking moments...

It is a wonderfull mix that freeze you in your place without moving the book from your hands to do anything else until it's over!!! And then, you want more!!!

Allie is hiding away from the Kimmeria Academy because of Nathaniel's last attack who injured her and her friends very badly... Nathaniel won't stop until gets the power and Allie by his side... So the only solution for Luci

‘Looking at the sky is like looking back in time. Many of these stars are dead now. Burned out.’
The thought sent a melancholy shiver through her.
‘That’s sad,’ she said. ‘It makes me feel so … temporary.’
‘Everything is temporary,’ he said into her hair. ‘Even the stars don’t last.’

Okay, so this is the 4th book in the series, and it pretty much focused on the love-triangle between Sylvain-Allie-Carter, with a little bit of indecision over how these people are hoping to deal with Nathaniel onc
ItsMedea
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg, das Buch ist einfach der Hammer. Spannend von vorne bis hinten. Das Ende war natürlich wieder heftig und ich kann es kaum abwarten das Finale zu lesen! So eine gute Reihe!
Valquiria
WTF?

This Review could have spoilers

I'm going to cry in a corner. This book has freaking destroy me *Sobs*
I've started this book series because a girl had recommended it to me, but I had never imagined that I would like it that much.
The story has remind me of the first book, with all that action, mistery and love. More exactly, Resistance is for me a kind of mix between Night School and Legacy. For one hand, this book has the action and mystery that is characteristic of the first book; i
Annna
NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO!!!!!!!!!
It can't end like this.I mean-WHY, CJ DAUGHERTY?WHY???
I just don't know what to think.My friend Sonia cried.I cried.It's just-arghhhhhhhhhh-i don't know.It started beautiful, but it end bad.I mean-Carter can't die.
10 resaons why Carter can't die:
6.He has a cool name
7.He has coll LAST name
8.If he dies
Claudia / BeautyButterflies
Wieder ein großartiger Teil dieser tollen Reihe! Allie hat am Ende endlich ihre Gefühle für die Kerle im Griff und der spannende Showdown kommt zu einem noch spannenderen Cliffhanger! Ich werde kurz für einen Thriller pausieren und dann den finalen Band lesen um diese Reihe zu beenden! Ich bin sehr gespannt wie alles ausgeht.... Für mich wegen der vielen Spannung wieder 5 Sterne!
mary
Jul 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Μετά το απογοητευτικό τρίτο βιβλίο οι προσδοκίες μου για την "Αντίσταση" είχαν πέσει στα πατώματα.Ωστόσο δεν έπρεπε να βγάλω τόσο γρήγορα συμπεράσματα γιατί τελικά το τέταρτο βιβλίο όχι μόνο έφτασε τον πήχη πολύ υψηλότερα από εκεί που τον είχα θέσει αλλά πέτυχε και να δώσει όλα αυτά τα στοιχεία που έλειπαν από τα προηγούμενα βιβλία.

Η Άλι και η Ρέιτσελ περνούν το καλοκαίρι του ταξιδεύοντας σε όλη την Ευρώπη προκειμένου ο Ναθάνιελ να χάσει τα ίχνη τους.Σύντομα όμως όλοι θα συνειδητοποιήσουν πως κά
Sophie
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Resistance is by far my favourite instalment in the Night School series so far, though Endgame could take that place in June.

After the action packed ending of Fracture, I was not expecting Resistance to start so intense. From the get go we are thrust into the action, and the whole book is fast paced.

In this book we finally discover who the spy at Cimmeria was, and I was very surprised by which person it was. Allie starts to learn who she can trust around school, and I definitely liked the group
Silvia
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sí señor, después de los decepcionantes libros 2 y 3, he recuperado mi fe en esta saga. Muy, muy bien. Me ha gustado. Por fin la historia avanza de verdad (Nos ha fastidiao, solo queda uno).
Sabremos por fin quién es el topo. A Allie por una vez no dan ganas de matarla. Y por fin la niña se decide entre Carter o Sylvain, y no, no hay marcha atrás. Es definitivo. Tenemos un fiambre... y un final de infarto. Espero que la autora venda suficientes para poder sacar el quinto y último libro.
Pam
Apr 09, 2017 rated it liked it
3,5 dudosas estrellitas

Voy a ser rápida, algo el libro me molesto la mayor parte del tiempo, todavía no se que. Más de lo mismo con el triángulo y el espía (Por cierto, lo descubrí desde el principio del libro) hasta las últimas páginas. El final estuvo bueno y necesito el próximo libro en español. Fin

Milica's Bookshelf
Zasad, najbolji deo celog serijala, barem za mene.
Chelsea Beaton
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
How AMAZING!!! All the Night School books have just been brilliant. I absolutely cannot wait for the final book, although I will miss the series and characters terribly. I am team Carter all the way, and have been from the very beginning. I cannot recommend this series enough. It's just amazing!! 5 out of 5!
Yiota Misiou
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Την αγαπώ αυτή τη σειρά!!!
Το 4ο βιβλίο νομίζω πως είναι το καλύτερο ως τώρα. Ανεβάζει αρκετά τον πήχη και ομολογώ πως προσδοκώ ένα ανάλογο φινάλε.
Περιμένω λοιπόν το 5ο και τελευταίο βιβλίο με μεγάλη αγωνία...
inga
Nov 13, 2014 rated it did not like it
readingistherapy
Ich liebe diese Reihe so sehr und muss jetzt sofort den finalen Band lesen! Ally ist so eine coole Protagonistin!
Patricia Antón
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
¡INCREIBLE! Al fin un libro de la saga lleno de acción despues del terrible relleno de sus dos libros anteriores. Deseando el quinto libro y ver cómo acaba todo.
bookspumpkin
Dec 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bis jetzt der beste Band aus der Reihe! So spannend, unglaublich. Auch wenn Allie mich ein bisschen nervt mit ihren zwei Kerlen. Ich hätte mich anders entschieden, wenn ich an ihrer Stelle gewesen wäre.
Lia
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this one!!
So much suspense!! I am dying to find out what happened in the next one !
ash
Apr 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Not Daughtery's best, I've got to admit, but I did enjoy it nevertheless. There was too much romance for my taste, and overall my only problem with this book (and the whole series in fact) is the love triangle thing. I find it really unnecessary and distracting to the actual plot. She thinks she's in 'love' with both Carter and Sylvain and stresses about it when she can't make up her mind, even though she's only what, sixteen?
Aside from the romance though, I really do enjoy this seri
Μαρία Γεωργοπούλου
One more book that I liked a lot in this series! It has action from the first page and it kept my interest all the way! Really, I couldn't put it down! And I was more than happy to see that the whole problem with the love triangle has been solved because although I was ok wih a little teenage drama I didn't want this to continue anymore.
At the beginning Allie is very stubborn but I was happy to see that she is changing through the story. Sylvain is a young man who is not foolish and knows what
Haidoulina
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
description

description
That's me if you didn't get it....
In this book applies what I said for the previous one... I skimmed through it... The only silver lining is that we saw some action in the last few chapters and Allie finally decided who she's in love with... Hallelujah...
As for the spy and the big revelations of who he is?!?!? Yeah, right folks, I've figured him out since the second book... (view spoiler)
My OCD commands me to finish this series... That and the fact t
Heather T
Mar 08, 2015 is currently reading it
I feel like this series is the muggle version of Hogwarts. Right down to the split amongst the parents.
Bee (Heart Full of Books)
I'm so almost done with this series!
Toffie_Fee
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ich muss unbedingt den letzten Teil anfangen. Was für ein spannendes und fieses Ende war das denn? :D
Nadia
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
"Allie and Carter save the world."

Oh my god this book. . .
It filled me with pain, tears, joy, more tears. Did I mention tears? The ending signed my death sentence.

spoilers

So the book started off with Allie and Rachel in France, hiding from Nathaniel, and Sylvain was with them. I really didn't know what to feel about that, I guess I didn't mind as long as they were just friends. But of course it had to be something more when they returned to Cimmeria. I don't really care if what Sylvain did for
Valentina
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
gorgeous. the cliffhanger is the deadliest thing that ever happened to me. Allie changes - becomes more powerful, more caring and more confused, mirroring and matching her age. Cimmeria changes, Carter changes, Sylvain changes. This book is what sets the series on fire. I loved every single part of it until the very end.
Jenny
May 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Resistance is an absolutely beautiful novel (let me just say I completely bawled my eyes out at one point) and I can't wait until the fifth and final book comes out and I can read it. I really don't want this series to end, it's my complete and utter favourite. I want more series' CJ!!
Carolina Carriço
Feb 16, 2017 rated it liked it
I feel so manipulated by this love triangle. And the way Asperger Syndrome is depicted lacks so much accuracy. Oh well. It started so well... I'm now seeing all the flaws I refused to at first.
Delfna
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ich liebe diese Reihe <3
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Jun 17, 2015 08:55PM
  • A Kiss in the Dark
  • Keep the Faith (Faith, #2)
  • The Master of Misrule (The Game of Triumphs, #2)
  • Super Dark 3 (Super Dark, #3)
  • Party Girl (Secrets at St Jude's, #6)
  • Banished (The Blackhart Legacy, #1)
  • Die Katastrophe (Das Tal Season 1, #2)
  • Moondance of Stonewylde (Stonewylde, #2)
  • Angel Dares (Benedicts, #5)
  • The Book of Shade
  • The Dark Water (The Well's End, #2)
  • Küss den Wolf. Rotkäppchens zauberhafte Lovestory (Märchen heute, #4)
  • Freakshow
  • Endless (Shadowlands, #3)
  • Sound of Snowfall (The Ghost Bird, #9.1)
  • The Devil's Reprise (Devils, #2)
  • Counting Stars
International bestselling author Christi Daugherty is a former newspaper reporter and crime writer. Her Night School series (written as CJ Daugherty) has been translated into 24 languages, and has been a bestseller in multiple countries.

Find out more on her website: www.ChristiDaugherty.com on www.facebook.com/CJAuthor and on Twitter: www.twitter.com/CJ_Daugherty

NOTE: Please don't message me on G
More about C.J. Daugherty

Night School (5 books)
  • Night School (Night School, #1)
  • Legacy (Night School, #2)
  • Fracture (Night School, #3)
  • Endgame (Night School, #5)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • The Siren
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Vengeance Road
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“I thought Isabelle was going to let you sleep,’ Sylvain said. The way he said it made it seem oddly intimate – like he was somehow involved with her sleep.

Allie blushed.

‘Zoe …’ she said, trying to recover her cool. ‘She was my alarm clock.’

The way he arched one amused eyebrow made her think he knew why she’d blushed.

‘If someone was going to wake you up,’ he said, ‘I’d rather it was me.”
0 likes