Start by marking “Deck the Halls - Kidung Sukacita” as Want to Read:
Deck the Halls - Kidung Sukacita

Deck the Halls - Kidung Sukacita (Regan Reilly Mystery)

3.59  ·  Rating details ·  7,048 Ratings  ·  280 Reviews
Menyongsong Natal, New York berdandan cantik. "Deck the halls with boughs of holly… Hias rumah dengan rangkaian-rangkaian holly…" mengalun penuh sukacita di hampir setiap rumah.

Namun bagi keluarga Reilly, hari-hari menjelang Natal itu sungguh kelabu. Luke Reilly, sang kepala keluarga, berada di tangan para penculik yang menuntut uang tebusan sejuta dolar. Nora Reilly, sang
Published January 2002 by PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published October 24th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Deck the Halls - Kidung Sukacita, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deck the Halls - Kidung Sukacita

peiman-mir5 rezakhani
دوستانِ گرانقدر، این کتاب از 190 صفحه و 11 فصل تشکیل شده است و از آن دسته از داستانهایست که زندگی های مختلف را همزمان مورد بررسی قرار داده و هرکدام را به نوعی به داستان مرتبط میسازد
داستان به نوعی هیجانی و جنایی است... اصلِ داستان حول محور خانواده ای میگردد که با شکستنِ پای مادر خانواده یعنی «نورا» برنامه هایی که برای کریسمس داشته اند خراب شده است و فرزند خانواده «ریگان» خود را مقصر میداند، چراکه زیر اندازی را برای مادر خریده و پاشنهٔ کفشِ «نورا» در آن گیر کرده و پایش شکسته است و سعی دارد تا با ر
Crystal Starr Light
I have enjoyed Mary Higgins Clark's other books and with Christmas just around the corner, this seemed to be a good pick.

Plot:
Regan Reilly, a private investigator in California, is the daughter of funeral director, Luke Reilly, and famous mystery writer, Nora Reilly. Alvirah Meehan, an amateur detective, was a former cleaning lady and a winner of the lottery. When someone looking for 1 million dollars decides to kidnap Luke and his chauffeur, Rosita, these two women must brace the impending wind
Silvana (Por detrás das Palavras)
Rapto na noite de natal marca a minha estreia com a autora Mary Higgins Clark. Foi uma leitora muito inferior àquilo que esperava da autora. Já me tinham falado muito bem dos livros dela, por isso estava à espera de encontrar algo mais aliciante.

A história está muito bem estruturada, porém é uma história pobre em acontecimentos, adrenalina e interações entre as personagens. Falta o fator supense que os policiais nos conseguem oferecer.
Começo a achar que estou a ficar bastante exigente com os po
Pr Latta
When TNT did a series of mystery movies based directly on books, I tried to read them. I knew I wasn't fond of the Regan Reilly series (too inane even for me) but I have enjoyed Carol's early books. Suffice it to say, the made for TV movie was better than the book. It has a Lexile of 740, which is a 3rd-6th grade difficulty and the sentence structure and plot correlates.
Sylvia
Jan 26, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
it sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!okay not that bad but jeeze..its MARY HIGGINS CLARK! you'd expect more.that book is for little 8year olds!
Phylis Carpenter
This is one of those books that when you pick it up it is so hard to put down. I started reading it yesterday and finished it today. Very fast paced, I think you will enjoy it also.

Rosita drives a limo for her boss Luke Reilly who owns several funeral homes. Luke recently took an elderly gentleman to a luncheon he was invited too and the guy was so impressed with the group that when he passed away he left them a million dollars.

A relative was not happy about it and this book tells what happened.
Ricki
Easy-reading mystery/suspense combining characters from each author's individual works.
Rita
Jun 22, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I found the story rather dull. By cover description, I felt it would be a lot more interesting and suspenseful.
Julie
Nov 27, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The danger , for me, in reading the same author or same genre or series too close together is that I tend to get bored with the same characters etc. I am afraid that happened here with this book. I read The Christmas Thief just a few weeks ago and I maybe should have waited a little while longer before I read this one.
The premise is that Nora had tripped on a rug and broke her leg, landing her in the hospital. While recovering, Luke plans to attend a funeral and his driver , Rosita, picks him u
Book Concierge
Mary Higgins Clark and her daughter, Carol Higgins Clark, combine their talents in a new mystery series featuring the collaboration of the two writers’ lead characters – Alvirah Mehan, former cleaning lady who won the lottery and is now an amateur sleuth, and Regan Reilly, daughter of a famous mystery writer and a licensed private investigator. Regan’s mom, mystery writer Nora Reilly, sustains a broken leg in a household accident. Her hospitalization just three days before Christmas makes news, ...more
Jen Mays
'Tis the season for greedy relatives and extortion, at least in the Clark heroes world! When investigator Regan Reilly's father is kidnapped and a ransom demand issued, amateur detective Alvirah Meehan joins up to help solve the crime and save the day. They have to race against time and the weather, though, because Christmas is coming and along with it, a fierce winter storm that threatens to eliminate all possible rescue.

This is the first of what was to become a holiday series of the Clark moth
Ryan
Dec 30, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What goes together better than Christmas and a well written mystery? I for one sure do, it combines two of my loves in life and I couldn't be happier that there are wonderful authors out there catering to that love. Now I've never read a book by either Mary Higgins Clark or her daughter Carol Higgins Clark before, so I feel a little bad for starting with them on this book. I feel like I skipped from 8th grade graduation straight to high school graduation.

The book itself is pretty simple, two ama
Angie
Dec 24, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
To be honest I'm teetering between one and two stars. I settled on two because I didn't hate it and it did keep my attention enough to finish it, but honestly it was just mildly entertaining at best. If this is typical Mary Higgins Clark style writing I'll pass on reading any of her other titles.

I thought the characters were each either flat and boring or over-the-top caricature. The story was silly and predictable. The interactions and various scenarios were totally unbelievable. It was just k
Ashley
If I didn't have my phone in one hand and a copy of the book in the other, I would be hard pressed to tell you what this book was about other than it is a Christmas mash-up from the mother-daughter efforts of the Higgins-Clark team.
I'm really not a big fan of Christmas-themed novels and I like Carol Higgins-Clark's writing less than most. But I have read most of Mary H. Clarks books and enjoy her writing, at least while the book is in my hand.
Yet another, happy ending book regardless of the obst
Jill
Jan 02, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I picked up this book in the library's free bin - a thin red Christmasy-looking hardcover with no jacket that would look nice on a holiday hall table and possibly be a light, fun read. It was just that - some of the characters were endearing - such as the budding interest between Jack and Regan, but the over-the-top contrast between the shrewd, bitter antagonist and his goofy sidekick (think Earl's brother Randy from My Name is Earl) was downright silly. A harmless book, fine for quick reading d ...more
Karen ⊰✿
This was ok . The kidnappers were carictatures and we knew from the beginning who kidnaps the pair and why, so there was really no suspense or thriller aspect. I'm actually not sure what the novel was trying for? Other than an opportunity for mother and daughter to write together?
I'm being generous and giving it 3 stars as it wasn't awful, it just wasn't anything really.
Heather
Nov 26, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Heather by: Melissa
Shelves: holiday
Quick read, straight to the point, but very witty. This is a kidnapping tale, which I don't read very often. Completley different from my usual 'whodunnits', nice change of pace. I read this in one day, I just had time to read and it wasn't a long book. The story captured my interest quickly, I kept reading to see what would happen, and it was resolved reasonably. Overall, a good read!
Blueberry
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas, series
Another cozy Christmas mystery. This one includes Regan Reilly,a private detective, as well as Alvirah Meehan, an elderly woman who likes to solve mysteries; both continuing series characters. It involves a kidnapping, and various characters who won't be home for Christmas. I didn't enjoy it as much as All Through the Night.
Michelle
Nov 23, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I am not a fan of the mother-daughter collaborations. Mary's writing style is much more preferable to that of her daughters. The collaborations always more elementary, with cheeky humor, completely predictable, etc. The upside is that they are clean stories that the whole family can enjoy, light, easy reading, takes only a couple of hours. These would be good audiobooks for family road trips.
Ashley
Dec 21, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
Oh, ya know. Not bad, not necessarily fabulous. It was okay and a fine enough light mystery read. It's always nice when the super rich and very classy couple with the super smart and gorgeous fab private detective have things work out for them.
Melissa Elder
May 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good shorter version of the stories that Carol Higgins Clark typically writes. It was nice to read it and find out how Jack and Regan met since I never knew about this story the first time I read the Regan Reilly series.
Gail
Jul 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. Funny and fast paced reading. The 2 kidnappers were so fuunny. A couple of bumbling idiots. Mother and daughter did a great job of writing together.
Elizabeth Noah Astle
Nora Reilly tripped in a rug, broke her leg and ended up in the hospital. This is where the book begins.

Nora and Luke daughter Regan flies back east to be with her family ancestors she finds out tjis happens. Regan currently lives in LA and is a well known PI out there.

Luke and his driver disappear and are not heard from most of the day. People are worried as this is not the norm. Ends up these two have been kidnapped and being held ransom for a million dollars. Alvirah and Willy Meehan live ny
Lee Allen
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An entertaining, cosy, Christmas mystery.

This was my first encounter with both Mary Higgins Clark's Alvirah and Willy and Carol Higgins Clark's Regan Reilly, pulled together in a kidnap and ransom tale that takes place just days before Christmas.

For one reason and another, I was struggling to get into the Christmas spirit this year, but this book was the perfect remedy to that. I read it across three days and wanted to keep reading even when I had to place the book down.

This was a light-hearte
Anabreu
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't believe I had to force myself to end this book, since MHC books are usually so interesting to read... this is just too boring and too plain, has nothing of what she used us to...
Patrick
I enjoy this serious, it's fast paced, easy read , with fun characters
Sam
Nov 19, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5. Keeps your interest, good story line. Nothing extra-spectacular. Pulls you in enough that you'd read another by this offer; this was my first.
Nancy
Jun 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable.
Gayle
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant and exciting story of high-stakes intrigue.
Camille
se lit bien mais est previsible
  • Jinxed (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #6)
  • Silent Night: The Remarkable Christmas Truce of 1914
  • The Christmas Box
  • Let Me Whisper In Your Ear (KEY News #3)
  • The First Gift of Christmas
  • A Christmas Secret (Christmas Stories, #4)
  • Unwrapping Christmas
Mary Higgins Clark, #1 international and New York Times bestselling author, is the author of 46 books and counting: she’s written thirty-three suspense novels; three collections of short stories; a historical novel, Mount Vernon Love Story; two children’s books, including The Magical Christmas Horse; and a memoir, Kitchen Privileges. She has also written five holiday suspense novels with Carol Hig ...more
More about Mary Higgins Clark...

Regan Reilly Mystery (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Decked (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #1)
  • Snagged (Regan Reilly Mystery, #2)
  • Iced  (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #3)
  • Twanged (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #4)
  • Fleeced (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #5)
  • Jinxed (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #6)
  • Popped (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #7)
  • Burned (Regan Reilly Mystery, #8)
  • Hitched (Regan Reilly Mystery, #9)
  • Laced (Regan Reilly Mystery, #10)