Start by marking “Invisible Horizons” as Want to Read:
Invisible Horizons

Invisible Horizons

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  32 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Published December 28th 1974 by Ace Books (first published 1974)

To ask other readers questions about Invisible Horizons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Invisible Horizons

Undine
Jul 16, 2013 rated it liked it
This book was in many ways highly interesting and enjoyable reading matter--his chapter at the end on legendary Ufologist Morris K. Jessup was particularly intriguing.

There is, however one big--very big--caveat. Like so many books about "true mysteries," especially ones that touch on the paranormal, Gaddis tends to prefer a good yarn to a good fact. Some of the stories he soberly relates as "true" turn out, on closer investigation, to be either more prosaic than his retelling would have one beli
Christopher Saunders
If nothing else, Vincent H. Gaddis earned his place in history by coining the phrase "Bermuda Triangle." That's among the nautical wonders he ponders in Invisible Horizons, a classic example of the briskly-written, factually-dubious mystery-mongering books which proliferated in the '60s and '70s. Gaddis covers all the expected topics: mysterious disappearances of ships and planes, derelict vessels, ghost ships and maritime specters, curses and time travels and mysterious islands (oh my!). No mat ...more
Rick
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: history
When I took my kids on camping trips years ago they frequently wanted me to tell them ghost stories and sea mysteries just before turning in for the night. Most of my stories came from this book. It was fun to read it again.
George
Dec 06, 2014 added it
I read this book as a young teen. I was totally into the mysterious phenomena like Bigfoot, UFO's, mysterious disappearances,etc.. This book always stuck out in my mind years later. I assume that with way more critical skills on board I'd be disappointed with it now but it's fun to reminisce. I enjoyed Frank Edwards' stuff, too. Again, though, they are too under researched for my tastes now.
Pradnya
Jan 07, 2016 rated it liked it
The part of mystery is interesting. Entertaining perhaps. But whether all the incidents and facts mentioned in the book are true is a matter of doubt. The book is well written and the mystery part keeps the reader busy through the pages. Especially in the middle part of the book. That is what I liked.
Rudransh Nigam
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Its nice
Shawn
Mar 01, 2012 rated it liked it
When I was a kid, I especially liked books about forteana and unexplained phenomena that focused on the oceans - this probably has to do with growing up in a shore town. Anyway, IIRC, I liked this one as well - may have to give it a bathroom peruse at some point.
Vishal Kumar

$7.74 $1.99
  • The Autobiography of Malcolm X
    $7.99 $1.99
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All Over But the Shoutin'
    $11.99 $2.99