Start by marking “Now What?: The Young Person's Guide to Choosing the Perfect Career” as Want to Read:
Now What?: The Young Person's Guide to Choosing the Perfect Career

Now What?: The Young Person's Guide to Choosing the Perfect Career

From the author of the classic bestselling career guide The Pathfinder, Now What? is the essential guide to for young people looking to find satisfying and successful work, perfect for high school students, recent college graduates, and even twentysomethings and millennials already in the working world.

The impolite truth nobody mentions in college commencement speeches:
Published May 6th 2008 by Touchstone (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Now What?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Now What?

Start your review of Now What?: The Young Person's Guide to Choosing the Perfect Career
Stefani
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
C'è qualche buona intuizione. Però l'autore avrebbe potuto essere più conciso. Il libro richiede un notevole impegno, ma è necessario per capire cosa da fare con la tua vita. Nel complesso, è stato utile.
Briana
Jul 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Good book better for someone in high school. Had good examples but could be a bit long winded in some areas.
Anthea
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is a MUST-READ for any young adults transiting from school to the real world.

The book consists of comprehensive guide and useful information for different career aspects for different personalities (which there are exercises available in the book). I learnt so much about myself and what is suitable for me. I find that this book is REALLY REALLY helpful in helping one shape his/her career path. Of course, landing your dream career is another matter. The guides/exercises/tests in this
CAC
Oct 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a terrific book aimed at students right out of school trying to determine their career path. Lore and Boldt (Zen and the Art of Making a Living) are two of the best career advisor authors I've read. This book includes very useful quizzes as well as a good job classification system to help readers get a wide view of all the career possibilities. And he links the two together: the results from the quizzes to the career options.
Terri
Nov 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
Definitely gave me a comprehensive plan for exploring my future career and seeing what might fit with my personality, skills and lifestyle. There are several parts I'm going to have to read over again, or give more time to, but I think it was a good jumping-off point. Lots to think about after reading this one.
Michelle
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a fun read for me.

I am currently in college and trying to figure out what I can do in my life after graduation. A lot of the information in this book I have already seen.

It was helpful for it to be organized the way it is in this book- To make things clearer!
Juan
Mar 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Es un buen punto de partida para el autoconocimiento y para descubrir cuales son nuestros talentos y la mejor forma en que podemos usarlos. Brinda un panorama bastante amplio para que el lector escoja hacia donde quiere dirigir su vida.
HellaGood
Apr 24, 2011 rated it it was ok
I did the tests and gave up on the book. I just have it as bad guide!
R. C.
Feb 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Pretty useful as this type of books goes.
Ashley
Jul 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Better for younger people who are still in college. But a lot of good points and exercises to help you become more aware of your career and life goals.
Megan
Priscilla Acosta
Oct 14, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Happy Runner: Love the Process, Get Faster, Run Longer
  • Leaving Loneliness: A Workbook: Building Relationships with Yourself and Others
  • The Tea Book
  • Girls' Night In
  • What You're Really Meant to Do
  • One Red Paperclip: Or How an Ordinary Man Achieved His Dream with the Help of a Simple Office Supply
  • The Career Within You: How to Find the Perfect Job for Your Personality
  • Do What You Are : Discover the Perfect Career for You Through the Secrets of Personality Type
  • Boundaries with Kids: How Healthy Choices Grow Healthy Children
  • Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of the All-American Meal
  • The Prophet of Yonwood
  • The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul (Dirk Gently, #2)
  • Midnight Sun (Twilight, #1.5)
  • Empowered Boundaries: Speaking Truth, Setting Boundaries, and Inspiring Social Change
  • The Salmon of Doubt (Dirk Gently, #3)
  • The People of Sparks
  • The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner (Twilight, #3.5)
  • Parents, Teens and Boundaries: How to Draw the Line