Start by marking “Now What?: The Young Person's Guide to Choosing the Perfect Career” as Want to Read:
Now What?: The Young Person's Guide to Choosing the Perfect Career

Now What?: The Young Person's Guide to Choosing the Perfect Career

From the author of the classic bestselling career guide The Pathfinder, Now What? is the essential guide to for young people looking to find satisfying and successful work, perfect for high school students, recent college graduates, and even twentysomethings and millennials already in the working world.

The impolite truth nobody mentions in college commencement speeches: "M
Published May 6th 2008 by Touchstone (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Now What?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Now What?

Start your review of Now What?: The Young Person's Guide to Choosing the Perfect Career
Kristen Stez
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I bought this as a gift for my college age son, but decided to read it first. It seems like I’ve read a million career planning and “life design” books. This might be the best one yet. What I really enjoyed about this book is that it begins with the idea that you have to identify your own values, favored activities, temperament, and day -to-day preferences before you can make a good career choice. Essentially, the author encouraged the reader to “know thyself” in many different dimensions. This ...more
Nicolas
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good book. I also read Nicholas Lore's other book ("The Pathfinder"), and it's nearly identical. This book I would call a more concise version of "The Pathfinder".

The book does a good job giving a structured approach to career choice. It really should be required reading before embarking on any career/university (unfortunately not many parents or kids make the move to read this).

I will say one remark though. However good the book is, it's debatable whether it will truly successfully pinpoint a
Kathy
Apr 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Read this before giving it to my high school Junior. She is so busy this year that it only seemed fair to ensure Now What? was worth the precious free time it would take for her to read it and complete the exercises. In Now What? Lore communicates basic "truths" about persistence, planning and commitment. He offers tools, that with hard work, can help a young person understand their aptitudes and design their career path. He tells them that there is no instant gratification and that the sustaine ...more
Stefani
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
C'è qualche buona intuizione. Però l'autore avrebbe potuto essere più conciso. Il libro richiede un notevole impegno, ma è necessario per capire cosa da fare con la tua vita. Nel complesso, è stato utile.
Briana
Jul 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Good book better for someone in high school. Had good examples but could be a bit long winded in some areas.
Anthea
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is a MUST-READ for any young adults transiting from school to the real world.

The book consists of comprehensive guide and useful information for different career aspects for different personalities (which there are exercises available in the book). I learnt so much about myself and what is suitable for me. I find that this book is REALLY REALLY helpful in helping one shape his/her career path. Of course, landing your dream career is another matter. The guides/exercises/tests in this bo
CAC
Oct 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a terrific book aimed at students right out of school trying to determine their career path. Lore and Boldt (Zen and the Art of Making a Living) are two of the best career advisor authors I've read. This book includes very useful quizzes as well as a good job classification system to help readers get a wide view of all the career possibilities. And he links the two together: the results from the quizzes to the career options.
Terri
Nov 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
Definitely gave me a comprehensive plan for exploring my future career and seeing what might fit with my personality, skills and lifestyle. There are several parts I'm going to have to read over again, or give more time to, but I think it was a good jumping-off point. Lots to think about after reading this one.
Michelle
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a fun read for me.

I am currently in college and trying to figure out what I can do in my life after graduation. A lot of the information in this book I have already seen.

It was helpful for it to be organized the way it is in this book- To make things clearer!
Juan
Mar 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Es un buen punto de partida para el autoconocimiento y para descubrir cuales son nuestros talentos y la mejor forma en que podemos usarlos. Brinda un panorama bastante amplio para que el lector escoja hacia donde quiere dirigir su vida.
HellaGood
Apr 24, 2011 rated it it was ok
I did the tests and gave up on the book. I just have it as bad guide!
R. C.
Feb 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Pretty useful as this type of books goes.
Ashley
Jul 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Better for younger people who are still in college. But a lot of good points and exercises to help you become more aware of your career and life goals.
Megan
Jane
Sep 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Career Killers/ Career Builders: The Book Every Millennial Should Read
  • What Color Is Your Parachute? for Teens: Discovering Yourself, Defining Your Future
  • Teens' Guide to College & Career Planning
  • Careers: The Graphic Guide to Finding the Perfect Job for You
  • The Art of Work
  • Save Me the Plums: My Gourmet Memoir
  • Son of Hamas
  • Marketing 4.0: Moving from Traditional to Digital
  • The Innovator's DNA: Mastering the Five Skills of Disruptive Innovators
  • What Every Body is Saying: An Ex-FBI Agent's Guide to Speed-Reading People
  • Entrepreneur Revolution: How to Develop Your Entrepreneurial Mindset and Start a Business That Works
  • Let Your Life Speak: Listening for the Voice of Vocation
  • The Execution Factor: The One Skill That Drives Success
  • The Profitable Consultant: Starting, Growing, and Selling Your Expertise
  • The Way of the Superior Man: A Spiritual Guide to Mastering the Challenges of Women, Work, and Sexual Desire
  • Principles of Marketing
  • Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades, #3)
  • A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose