Start by marking “Sex & Love & Rock&roll” as Want to Read:
Sex & Love & Rock&roll

Sex & Love & Rock&roll

This is Tony Walsh's eagerly-awaited first collection. Tony takes us on an extraordinary journey through ordinary lives; flying the flag for the performance poetry scene which packs out venues and festival tents around the UK. These are accessible, musical poems;influenced by the songs which soundtrack our lives;brimming with northern warmth and humour; propelled by passio ...more
Published July 7th 2015 by Burning Eye Books (first published April 17th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Sex & Love & Rock&roll, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sex & Love & Rock&roll

Tim
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great collection of modern British poetry by Tony Walsh. Funny, moving, real, accessible, outrageous, goofy, critical, and so much more.

Four stars for the book, and one star in good faith considering Tony Walsh is a performance artist bound by the confines of the written word.
Chloe Metzger
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wanted to read Tony's work after hearing him read 'This is the Place' last year after the Manchester attacks and thought it was so different. If you want poetry about nature and beauty this isn't for you. Tony writes about real life, about city life and the people in it. There is a strong working class vibe that I feel like we're missing in modern literature. The best thing though? The reinforcement that poetry is for everyone, because it is!

Everyone should read this collection and I'll defin
Katie Brennan
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a brilliant set of modern poetry. Funny, moving and inherently Northern. Absolute KEEPER
Ali Kennedy
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I think this may be my favorite book.
I saw Tony perform at the school library association conference and he was incredible. Inspiring. I'd bought the book before his presentation and I'm so glad I did because it just resonates with me. For someone who has appreciated poetry, and loves some poems, but has never loved an entire volume the way I love this one, that's a pretty big deal.
Dom Conlon
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Outstanding poetry, accessible, digestible and (like a dirigible) goes deeper than you'd expect. Tony's energy as a performer bursts through every image and phrase in this remarkable first collection.

Recommended.
Gretel
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
I really liked this. The poems are very accessible and unlike a lot of poetry, these are not pretentious at all. Great storytelling and fantastic rhythms make these poems so fun to read aloud.
Kocsis Csilla