Start by marking “Words of Radiance, Part 2 (The Stormlight Archive #2, Part 2 of 2)” as Want to Read:
Words of Radiance, Part 2 (The Stormlight Archive #2, Part 2 of 2)

Words of Radiance, Part 2

(The Stormlight Archive #2, part 2)

Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive moves into a new, darker phase and in this, the second part of the second volume the Parshendi risk the return of the fearsome Voidbringers of old as they attempt to strenthen themselves against the challange of the humans.

This is epic fantasy of the highest order with an intricate and wonderful world forming the background to
Published March 3rd 2015 by Gollancz (first published 2014)

Start your review of Words of Radiance, Part 2 (The Stormlight Archive #2, Part 2 of 2)
Veronica
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It ended. The book actually ended. How am I supposed to wait for the next one? What am I supposed to do with my life? Brandon Sanderson is a creative genius.
Warda
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT ENDING?!!!! I NEED MORE. I NEED CLOSURE!!!!

My mind is reeling!
These books are godsend!

Gosh, Sanderson just hits you with that avalanche ending! I was trying to read so fast at one point that I'm pretty sure I've missed some vital parts. Some plot points were left so open-ended. Frustrating, but it makes me all the more excited to see how they'll be developed in Book Three.
Michael
Aug 03, 2019 rated it liked it
This had so many good things about it but it was let down by the interludes, (IMO) and the author seems to have an aversion to killing off main characters. If everyone is immortal or can be brought back from the dead, then what's the point of the story?

The author has created a marvellous fantasy world here but there are too many holes in things for me to love it. Travelling seems to be instantaneous; the assassin in white just appears out of nowhere as and when he feels like it and Kaladin does
Susan
I CANNOT EVEN DEAL!! What was that Ending?? How am I suppose to wait till November!
This book is AMAZINGGG!!

Brandon Sanderson you are a GOD!!! All I can say is if you have not read the Stormlight Archive books, what have you been doing with your life??
Hasham Rasool
I love this book. Alhamdulillah

I find difficult to interpret the relationship of Kaladin and Shallan whether they are friends or love interest.

I hope there will be no love triangle between Kaladin, Shallan and Adolin because lots of fantasy books do have love triangle like 'Twilight'.
Malinda
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy moly. This book is amazing. Another precious gem from Sanderson.
Caroline
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
OH WOW! I can't wait until November to continue this series. This book was amazing and I lowkey can't deal.
Melissa
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Roxana Chirilă
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bless Sanderson, this was *good*. "Words of Radiance" as a whole was great, but I'm amazed at how he manages to make the action pick up even more and become MORE exciting on the last hundred pages, up to the point where I almost skipped paragraphs to see what happens next.

"The Stormlight Archive" is so rewarding - and the more Sanderson I read, the more I love his work. I love the way he builds worlds. I love the way he builds action, keeping things tense and exciting *now*, even as he builds
Patricia Crowther
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Perfection. Right there!!
Alice at Raptureinbooks
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There is a reason why Brandon Sanderson is one of my top authors. This book right here has once more solidified that decision. The man is a storming genius!

Fantastic characters and world building
daisy
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, favourites
I'm dead and Brandon Sanderson killed me.

In all seriousness, though, I honestly don't even know where to start with a review for this book. It was fantastic and might possibly be one of my favourite novels. Actually, probably not even 'possibly' - it's one of my favourite novels now.

I need to type a review out, for this and for The Way of Kings, but for now I'll just say that I adore this book. Every book I read of his has me feeling more and more impressed and in awe of how seamlessly he pulls
Saumay Kapoor
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't think I can write a nuanced articulate review for this book because I'm still reeling from its sheer awesomeness. This is quite possibly one of the best books I have ever read, definitely top 3.
I read this in a fevered frenzy, unable to put it down, unable to do anything else.
Instead of driving somewhere I had to be, I took a cab because I wanted to sit in the back seat and READ.
Can't wait for Oathbringer.
Oh Brandon, just when I think you definitely can't get any better!
Tommye Turner
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy-read
Review of whole book.

There will probably be some spoilers in this review, as it's for the second book in the series.

Sanderson has a way of making his huge books incredibly easy to read. From the outset, over 1000 pages looks and feels like a lot, and it is, but when you're reading it doesn't feel like enough!

It's fair to say that I loved this book. The second book in a series is often overshadowed by the first but I feel they are on equal standing.

Shallan was the focal point of the book, and I
Emilia Rosén
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ARGH! I LOVE IT!

Need... more... or... will...perish.

(ALSO, I ship Kaladin with Shallan so hardcore. I get that Adolin is the sweetest, funniest, handsomest guy on the planet, but they just fit together so nicely... I just want to force them to get together.. please, Sanderson?)
J. E. Sambora
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Words Of Radiance - Part 2 is some of the most well crafted fantasy fiction I've ever read. Top marks.

*This will be a spoiler free review of Book 2 of The Stormlight Archive; Words Of Radiance.*

(My loosely scheduled reading list for the next 6 months can be found below if you're interested in getting a glimpse of what I'll be reading throughout the rest of this year. Anyway, back to the review...)

First of all I want to say that I believe Words Of Radiance works better read as a whole, rather
Graham
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Olivia
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG WOW!! That ending!!!
I need to read oathbringer, like right now. Brandon Sanderson stormlight achieve books are the best books I have ever read.
Recommend this series to anyone who loves fantasy.
Sana Waheed
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Who do I have to bribe to get the third book? (some v important people since it isn't out yet...or completed)

This book was fantastic. If you thought Way of Kings was good, wait for this book. A near perfect book. The only time it dampens is during the interludes. Not all of them are that gripping, but other than that this book deserves way more than 5 stars.

So much happened in the book and there were times I literally gasped. Like, a lot of shocking stuff happened. We got to know so much more
Joël Linger
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Storms! Words of Radiance is brilliant! Even better than The Way of Kings. I enjoyed almost every part of this books. Admittedly the interludes do get a tiny bit annoying especially since not all of them are very interesting. But other than that this is pure gold.

The only other part I find a little bit annoying is Wit and his behaviour. Of course we don't know the purpose of his character or who he really is but he is so damn vague that it get tiresome very fast. But I loved this book so much.
Peggy
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love. What are you waiting for!? Go read this!
S.K. Levy
Just WOW. Brandon Sanderson's brain is certainly something else. Read this series!
Oli Rubio
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved it, what else can I say...
Heather
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, fantasy, 2017
I'm beginning to understand the scope of this series. I knew when I started that Sanderson was planning 10 books but only now do I understand exactly what that means and I'm SO EXCITED. The pace of the first two has been near perfection and I'm so in love with almost everyone involved. Particularly Shallan and Kaladin (obvs). Thankfully I only have to wait until November for the third but after that... it's ASOIAF all over again.
Lise Forfang Grimnes
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Mélanie D.
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
How. What. How did so much happen in the last 200 pages? Or better, in the last 20 pages if you know what I mean *wink wink*
Storms. These characters are some of the best I've ever read about.

(view spoiler)
Marijn
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
listen. if I could give this book 10/5 I would because honestly? it's the second best book I've read after The Way of Kings pt.2 in my Entire Life. George rr .Martin needs to Step Aside BC B Sands is where it's at.
Melanie
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series, fantasy, swords
So good. Can't wait for the next book to be published. I just might have to take a few days off work and lock myself in a room though. I rarely get sucked into a book to where I fail to function in normal life, like I do with this series. Maybe I need to consider myself blessed in that I can't read the whole series at once and am forced to savor it a bit more.

My husband is still in the first few hundred pages of book one, and it's a lot of work. Tons of new characters, a world you don't
Siobhan
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What can I say?
Pauline Fireheart
One of the best book I have ever read.

Full review to come (hopefully)
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Words of Radiance: The Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson -- Sidekick
  • The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
  • Red Seas Under Red Skies (Gentleman Bastard, #2)
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
  • O Medo do Homem Sábio - Parte 1 (A Crónica do Regicida, Livro 2 - Parte 1)
  • The Black Prism (Lightbringer, #1)
  • The Republic of Thieves (Gentleman Bastard, #3)
  • The Rise of the Blood Royal (The Destinies of Blood and Stone, #3)
  • A March into Darkness (The Destinies of Blood and Stone, #2)
  • The Scrolls of the Ancients (The Chronicles of Blood and Stone, #3)
  • Savage Messiah (The Destinies of Blood and Stone, #1)
  • The Fifth Sorceress (The Chronicles of Blood and Stone, #1)
  • The Gates of Dawn (The Chronicles of Blood and Stone #2)
  • Before They Are Hanged (The First Law, #2)
  • O Medo do Homem Sábio - Parte 2 (A Crónica do Regicida, Livro 2 - Parte 2)
  • The Wise Man's Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #2)
  • Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle, #3)
  • Damals war es Friedrich
Brandon’s major books for the second half of 2016 are The Dark Talent, the final volume in Alcatraz Smedry’s autobiographical account of his battle against the Evil Librarians who secretly rule our world, and Arcanum Unbounded, the collection of short fiction in the Cosmere universe that includes the Mistborn series and the Stormlight
Archive, among others. This collection features The Emperor’s

The Stormlight Archive (10 books)
  • The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1)
  • Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, #2)
  • Oathbringer (The Stormlight Archive, #3)
  • The Stormlight Archive #4
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #5)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #6)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #7)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #8)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #9)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #10)