Start by marking “Words of Radiance, Part 2 (The Stormlight Archive #2, Part 2 of 2)” as Want to Read:
Words of Radiance, Part 2 (The Stormlight Archive #2, Part 2 of 2)

Words of Radiance, Part 2

(The Stormlight Archive #2, part 2)

Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive moves into a new, darker phase and in this, the second part of the second volume the Parshendi risk the return of the fearsome Voidbringers of old as they attempt to strenthen themselves against the challange of the humans.

This is epic fantasy of the highest order with an intricate and wonderful world forming the background to careful
Published March 3rd 2015 by Gollancz (first published 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Words of Radiance, Part 2, please sign up.
Shaj I found her to be a really annoying character when i first read these book. However having re-read the books, my opinion of her character really chang…moreI found her to be a really annoying character when i first read these book. However having re-read the books, my opinion of her character really changed for the better. (less)

Start your review of Words of Radiance, Part 2 (The Stormlight Archive #2, Part 2 of 2)
Jonathan O'Neill

Who art in thy Tranquiline Halls,
Hallowed be thy name;
Thy Heralds come,
Thy will be done
On Roshar as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily Fried Cremling;
And forgive us our Stage 5 Clinger Sanderson obsession
As we forgive those who know not his writings;
And lead us not into the Everstorm
But deliver us from Odium.

- Nelson Mandela

I started reading again in May last year after close to a decade off
Warda
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-fell-in-love
WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT ENDING?!!!! I NEED MORE. I NEED CLOSURE!!!!

My mind is reeling!
These books are godsend!

Gosh, Sanderson just hits you with that avalanche ending! I was trying to read so fast at one point that I'm pretty sure I've missed some vital parts. Some plot points were left so open-ended. Frustrating, but it makes me all the more excited to see how they'll be developed in Book Three.
Veronica
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It ended. The book actually ended. How am I supposed to wait for the next one? What am I supposed to do with my life? Brandon Sanderson is a creative genius.
Michael
Aug 03, 2019 rated it liked it
This had so many good things about it but it was let down by the interludes, (IMO) and the author seems to have an aversion to killing off main characters. If everyone is immortal or can be brought back from the dead, then what's the point of the story?

The author has created a marvellous fantasy world here but there are too many holes in things for me to love it. Travelling seems to be instantaneous; the assassin in white just appears out of nowhere as and when he feels like it and Kaladin does
Susan
I CANNOT EVEN DEAL!! What was that Ending?? How am I suppose to wait till November!
This book is AMAZINGGG!!

Brandon Sanderson you are a GOD!!! All I can say is if you have not read the Stormlight Archive books, what have you been doing with your life??
Hasham Rasool
I love this book. Alhamdulillah

I hope there will be no love triangle between Kaladin, Shallan and Adolin because lots of fantasy books do have love triangle like 'Twilight'.
Sambora
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Words Of Radiance - Part 2 is some of the most well crafted fantasy fiction I've ever read. Top marks.

*This will be a spoiler free review of Book 2 of The Stormlight Archive; Words Of Radiance.*

First of all I want to mention that I believe Words Of Radiance works better read as a whole, rather than divided into it's two parts. That, or the divide came just a few chapters too early for me. Everything I felt was missing from Words of Radiance, Part 1 was given to me within the first few chapters o
Di
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
O...M...G...this blew my mind! This was SO perfectly executed and at no point did I find myself questioning anything - not once! It was perfect. It was magnificent and what epic fantasy should be about. I am speechless. You just go and read the damn book lol, no chance I can give you a proper review sorry. My emotions are not manageable right now...thank you Mr Sanderson! Just one suggestion - can you stop filling the last 200 or 300 pages of your books with proper action every time because I ha ...more
Nadine
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Updated Review - September 28, 2020

Words of Radiance his packed. It’s packed in terms of plot, character development, and world building. There isn’t a single moment in this 1000 plus page book that is filler. Every moment and every revelation is deliberate and serves a greater purpose. This is my first reread of Words of Radiance and what was most noticeable was Sanderson’s decisions he made in terms of plot early on in the novel as well as those he made regarding certain characters. Notably, K
Malinda
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy moly. This book is amazing. Another precious gem from Sanderson.
Caroline
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
OH WOW! I can't wait until November to continue this series. This book was amazing and I lowkey can't deal. ...more
Courtney (bookplaces)
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
Wow Wow Wow😍😍😍 Brilliant. Although this is only book 2 in the series, I can guarantee that this will be a series I recommend over and over! This book was so enjoyable to read:

Incredible World Building✔
Thorough Magic Systems✔
Complex Characters✔
Intricate Plot Weaving✔
Twists and Ending Shocks Galore✔

I highly recommend this book to all who love fantasy, unexpected twists, and well-written magic systems!
Melissa | melisthereader
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Roxana Chirilă
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bless Sanderson, this was *good*. "Words of Radiance" as a whole was great, but I'm amazed at how he manages to make the action pick up even more and become MORE exciting on the last hundred pages, up to the point where I almost skipped paragraphs to see what happens next.

"The Stormlight Archive" is so rewarding - and the more Sanderson I read, the more I love his work. I love the way he builds worlds. I love the way he builds action, keeping things tense and exciting *now*, even as he builds to
Patricia Crowther
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Perfection. Right there!!
Stars
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
⭐Now that I got my feelings sorted let's try to review it ⭐

So, now we're try to save kingdoms from falling in times of war while some are trying to sabotage them. All this is not clear, the motives of our main character seem like the right thing, but in any conflict both sides feel like they are doing the right thing, which is possibly the most terrifying part of this war.

The interludes are so crucial please do not skip them. They might feel irrelevant in certain cases but I'm sure they will ma
Beth
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!

With half an hour to go, I've actually done it and completed BOTH careers for my OWLS!

O.W.L.S - Career - Auror
Charms - Read a book with a white cover

I am honestly drained from powering through this book, thoughts and feeling to come, but what an ending. To top it off, those last 30 pages... a lot happened and I am SHOOK!
charlotte, (½ of readsrainbow)
Rep: bi mc with PTSD, mc with depression, gay side character with epilepsy

CWs: domestic abuse, murder
daisy
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, favourites
I'm dead and Brandon Sanderson killed me.

In all seriousness, though, I honestly don't even know where to start with a review for this book. It was fantastic and might possibly be one of my favourite novels. Actually, probably not even 'possibly' - it's one of my favourite novels now.

I need to type a review out, for this and for The Way of Kings, but for now I'll just say that I adore this book. Every book I read of his has me feeling more and more impressed and in awe of how seamlessly he pulls
Emilia Rosén
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ARGH! I LOVE IT!

Need... more... or... will...perish.

(ALSO, I ship Kaladin with Shallan so hardcore. I get that Adolin is the sweetest, funniest, handsomest guy on the planet, but they just fit together so nicely... I just want to force them to get together.. please, Sanderson?)
Charm at Raptureinbooks
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There is a reason why Brandon Sanderson is one of my top authors. This book right here has once more solidified that decision. The man is a storming genius!

Fantastic characters and world building
Pauline Fireheart
One of the best book I have ever read.

Full review to come (hopefully)
Graham
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heather
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, fantasy, 2017, 2020
I'm beginning to understand the scope of this series. I knew when I started that Sanderson was planning 10 books but only now do I understand exactly what that means and I'm SO EXCITED. The pace of the first two has been near perfection and I'm so in love with almost everyone involved. Particularly Shallan and Kaladin (obvs). Thankfully I only have to wait until November for the third but after that... it's ASOIAF all over again. ...more
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, favorites
„He saw it in her eyes. The anguish, the frustration. The terrible nothing that clawed inside and sought to smother her. She knew. It was there, inside. She had been broken.

Then she smiled. Oh, storms. She smiled anyway.

It was the single most beautiful thing he’d seen in his entire life“

Two of my least favourite tropes ever were used in this book and there are some things that I don‘t really like (which I won‘t go into, because of spoilers) but I still have to give this 5 stars because I loved
Naiké
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was so so good! Highly recommend the audiobook it enhances the experience so much!

The Stormlight Archive is such a good series! I loved the Way of Kings, but man this was even better! 🤩

I loved this even more because I already knew and understood the world now and I could focus on the amazing characters Sanderson created.

My baby Shallan, I love that woman. And I love Jasnah so so much 🤩 These two together give the perfect scenes!

I also LOVED the dynamic between Adolin and Kaladin in this boo
Alex_Neige
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5/5~

“Now go to sleep in chasms deep, with darkness all around you,
Though rock and dread may be your bed, so sleep my baby dear,
Now comes the storm, but you’ll be warm, the wind will rock your basket,
The crystals fine will glow sublime,
And with a song you’ll sleep my baby dear. “

Forget about waiting for my elusive Hogwarts letter, what I really want to know is when will my Spren appear and bless me with my new magical powers. PLEASE, I’M READY TO SAY MY WORDS!!!!
Mehak Moosani
Jan 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
MIND BLOWN. ANYONE SURPRISED? NOPE!
Olivia
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG WOW!! That ending!!!
I need to read oathbringer, like right now. Brandon Sanderson stormlight achieve books are the best books I have ever read.
Recommend this series to anyone who loves fantasy.
Snejy
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Can't. Stop. Reading. ...more

• Words of Radiance: The Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson -- Sidekick
  • Breach of Peace (The Lawful Times, #0.1)
  • Red Seas Under Red Skies (Gentleman Bastard, #2)
  • Die Furcht des Weisen 2 (Die Königsmörder-Chronik, #2.2)
  • Die Furcht des Weisen 1 (Die Königsmörder-Chronik, #2.1)
  • The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
  • Kings of the Wyld (The Band, #1)
  • Maximum Berserk, tomo 3 (Berserk Max, #3)
  • Angel of Storms (Millennium’s Rule, #2)
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
  • The Poppy War (The Poppy War, #1)
  • Ahren (The 13th Paladin, #1)
  • Before They Are Hanged (The First Law, #2)
  • The Burning God (The Poppy War, #3)
  • The Dragon Republic (The Poppy War, #2)
  • The Scrolls of the Ancients (The Chronicles of Blood and Stone, #3)
  • The Fifth Sorceress (The Chronicles of Blood and Stone, #1)
Brandon’s major books for the second half of 2016 are The Dark Talent, the final volume in Alcatraz Smedry’s autobiographical account of his battle against the Evil Librarians who secretly rule our world, and Arcanum Unbounded, the collection of short fiction in the Cosmere universe that includes the Mistborn series and the Stormlight
Archive, among others. This collection features The Emperor’s S

The Stormlight Archive (10 books)
  • The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1)
  • Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, #2)
  • Oathbringer (The Stormlight Archive, #3)
  • Rhythm of War (The Stormlight Archive, #4)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #5)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #6)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #7)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #8)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #9)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #10)