Start by marking “Lily does L.A. (Girls On Tour, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lily does L.A. (Girls On Tour, #2)

Lily does L.A.

(Girls On Tour #2)

The second instalment in this hilarious, romantic and unputdownable five-part series. Perfect for fans of Lindsey Kelk's I Heart... novels.

Lily is an actress. At least, that's what she tells people, even though she's currently working in a call centre and her last big part was an ad for Sofa Warehouse. So when she's invited to her cousin Alice's wedding in LA, it's a dream
Published September 25th 2014 by Headline

To ask other readers questions about Lily does L.A., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lily does L.A.

Book Addict Shaun
Sep 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, kindle
Having read and loved Nicola's recent book If I Could Turn Back Time I was very excited about the Girls on Tour series which is about ordinary girls having extraordinary fun in faraway places. The first book Poppy Does Paris I enjoyed a lot, despite not being a huge fan of Paris. LA however is more me, and somewhere I would love to visit so I was especially excited about this instalment.

With a story so short it's almost impossible to discuss the plot but Lily is an aspiring actress who to be hon
Ana

Also posted on This Chick Reads

*Copy provided by publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Lily Does L.A. is the second in a five part series of novellas, but it actually the first one I read. It's not because I mixed up the order, but funnily, I was first approved for this, then for the first part (Poppy Does Paris) on NetGalley. Anyway, there's absolutely no problem even you mix the order of these novellas, because they can be read and enjoyed as stand alone short stories too.

Li
Kim
Sep 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, kindle, net-galley
Lily is looking for work as an actress whilst working in call centres and hating every moment. After she gets sacked from her latest job- she heads out to LA to help her cousing with her wedding preparations. Her fiance is a Hollywood Agent and she has been warned not to approach him about representing her. She is tempted to find certain information to help her whilst she is there and you follow her as she races around a suburb of LA called Venice. Her cousin has a nightmare when things have to ...more
Adele
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-read
I loved this second instalment of Nicola Doherty Girls on Tour five part series. Each part is a stand alone novel about one of the girls but the stories are interlinked.

I love Lily, she is feisty, fun and sensitive at the same time. Lily is an out of work actress, she's been struggling to find her big break and has filled her time by doing random jobs to pay the bills. When Lily is offered the chance to go to LA to help her cousin organise her wedding out there she jumps at the chance. What fol
Molly Luck
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a short story, a great quick read. Perfect. Very easy read.
Agi
Sep 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
"Lily Does LA" by the very, very lovely Nicola Doherty is the second part in the "Girls on Tour" series and I am very happy to announce, my amigos, that the series can be read absolutely as stand - alone short stories, which, with my holey memory and tendency to forget why I went upstairs, what about the characters in books, is a brilliant thing.

Lily is an actress, at least she has learnt to be an actress. We meet her when she's being fired from work - again. The invitation to her cousin Alice's
Kobby Gyampoh
Sep 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Also in http://chicklitpad.blogspot.com

Imagine this: You have always wanted to be an actress. The joy of being in a theatre, cinema performing behind a camera or in front of an audience gives you a rush you can’t explain. Except the only camera you have ever been behind is that of an ad for a low-quality product on the market which wouldn’t by nay chance emerge the biggest thing close to women’s perfume.
So your cousin invites you up for a wedding in L.A. EL-ay! The Mecca of all the world’s fines
Amanda
Nov 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... second instalment in this hilarious, romantic and unputdownable five-part series. Perfect for fans of Lindsey Kelk’s I Heart… novels.
Lily is an actress. At least, that’s what she tells peop…le, even though she’s currently working in a call centre and her last big part was an ad for Sofa Warehouse. So when she’s invited to her cousin Alice’s wedding in LA, it’s a dream come true. Alice’s fiancé Sam is actually a Hollywood agent; how can Lily fail to get ta
Sophie
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Posted originally http://www.reviewedthebook.co.uk/2014...

The Girls on Tour series started off brilliantly with Poppy Does Paris back in July and the next instalment, Lily Does L.A. was just as entertaining. Lily is a hopeful actress and thinks all her Christmases have come at once when she gets an invite to her cousin Alice’s wedding to Hollywood agent fiancé Sam. She sees it as the perfect chance to build her career but of course, nothing is ever that straight-forward. Instead, chaos ensues in
Isabell
Jul 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
First posted on Dreaming Wit Open Eyes

I kindly received Lily Does L.A. in exchange of an honest review by the publisher via NetGalley.

Girls on Tour is a series of five interlinked e-novellas about four friends who find fun, romance and adventure abroad. It features glamorous locations and hot men, The e-novellas are coming out between July 2014 and April 2015. Lastly, Girls on Tour brings all five novellas together in one volume with extra material, published in ebook and paperback in April 2015
Jill
Sep 11, 2014 rated it really liked it

Lily Does L.A. is the second novella in Nicola Doherty's Girls on Tour series. I really enjoyed part one so was looking forward to reading this installment too.

As the title suggests the story revolves around Lily. Lily is an aspiring actress who has yet to break into the big time. As we meet her she is working in a call centre, and not at all happy. However, she is soon given the opportunity to escape to LA when she gets word that her cousin Alice is getting married out there, and would like Lil
Sophie (Blogger)
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lily is one of the most funniest characters you could read about, being an actress is all she can dream about but so far she hasn't had much luck at all. Apart from a couple of small parts, she can hardly claim to be a actress but when she get the chance to help out with her cousins wedding in LA after she quit her job (though there maybe a small chance she was fired as well), she hopes that this maybe her big break.
Although, once she finds out that her cousin, Alice is marrying a Hollywood Age
Erin
Sep 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Firstly thank you to Headline for approving me for a copy of this to review via NetGalley. This is the second instalment in Nicola Doherty’s fabulous Girls on Tour series. The series started off with Poppy Does Paris and you can find my review here.

This is the story of Lily, a struggling British actress, and her adventures in LA helping her cousin out with her imminent wedding.

I really enjoyed Poppy Does Paris and was already anticipating the second part in the series. Lily is instantly likeable
Samantha
Oct 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is the second installment of the 'Girls on Tour' series and I have to say that this one, Lily does LA is my favourite so far.

I love Nicola Doherty's writing, it is humourous, fun and just pure chick lit, this short story is everything her full length novels have to offer.

This is about Lily, she is a British actress, but other than having the odd commercial, ends up paying the bills by working in a call centre; waiting for her big break. Lily decides enough is enough, she can't take workin
Lisa Bentley
Sep 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Synopsis

The life of an actor is never easy; it is even more difficult when you are an out of work actor whose biggest acting achievement is a two second walk on part on a sofa advert. Unfortunately, this is the situation that Lily finds herself in. When the opportunity comes up for Lily to travel to LA to be part of her cousin’s wedding she jumps on it. When she finds out her cousin’s future husband is a Hollywood agent it looks like Lily’s luck is about to change.

Review

I loved the first part of
Best Crime Books & More
This is book 2 of 4, and they are I guess short stories (this one at 76 pages). I try to avoid short stories as by the time I am into them, they are finishing. In one respect, I should have waited and got the book featuring all 4 girls together (Girls On Tour), instead I read them as separates. The first one I liked but it ended too quickly. However, with this one I felt like I was getting a whole lot more as we meet Lily (Alice from book 1 is her cousin) who is venturing out to LA for Alice and ...more
Vicki - I Love Reading
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2014
This is the second instalment in Nicola Doherty’s fabulous Girls on Tour series, I read the first one Poppy Does Paris, earlier in the year and really enjoyed it.

These books have been a great change for me away from the normal Crime fiction that I read. And I must say I have really enjoyed them.

Lily wants to be an actress, but so far has just not had that lucky break. Or any luck at all come to think of it.
She quits her job at a call centre, and is then asked to go to LA to help her cousin orga
Natalie TBGWP
Sep 06, 2014 rated it liked it
I was so excited to start reading the second book in the Girls on Tour series. So when I got it I settled in straight away to head off to LA with Lily. Now I have to admit, I'm a bit of a Doherty groupie, and it really pains me to say this, but I didn't really enjoy much. To me it just didn't have the Nicola Doherty wit, shine and fun, which made it flat and long for me. I know that sounds stupid because duh! Nicola Doherty wrote it. God, I hate being negative you know, it upsets me because I kn ...more
Charlotte (Escapades of a Bookworm)
Reviews can also be found on my blog Escapades of a Bookworm

Lily is determined to be an actress, so much so that she lets other opportunities pass her by. But then she has to help her cousin – Alice – with her wedding preparations, and it turns out she is quite good at it.

We witness Lily race around LA not only to help Alice but maybe land herself a movie role – the only problem she has been banned from talking about acting.

Lily loves LA and does a lot of typical tourist things, like visiting Ve
Sep 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lily gets fired from her job and goes to LA to help her cousin (Alice) plan her wedding.

Alice's wedding plans has a last minute hitch and Lily pulls out all the stops to make the day special.

A great short story and looking forward to reading the next in the series.

Lyndsay
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2014
fab short story
jenny
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good

Girly read, laugh out loud and very addictive. I really enjoyed reading it and look forward to starting the next book
Mar 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good short book and incorporated characters from Out of Office Girl. Ideal if you don't have long to read a book and just want to read for a few hours.
Leanne
Jan 16, 2016
Michaela Thomas
May 13, 2017
MRS TRACEY JOHNSTON
Nov 06, 2017
Karin Kleist
rated it did not like it
Jul 13, 2017
Jul 23, 2014
Zoe Louise
Feb 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Hi, I'm Nicola. I cannot write funny bios.

I grew up in Monkstown, Co. Dublin and studied English at Trinity College, Dublin and at Hertford College, Oxford. I worked in publishing for several years before writing my first book The Out of Office Girl, which was shortlisted for the RNA Romantic Novel of the Year 2013 in the Romantic Comedy category.

My second book, If I Could Turn Back Time, is out

Girls On Tour (5 books)
  • Poppy does Paris (Girls On Tour, #1)
  • Maggie does Meribel (Girls On Tour, #3)
  • Rachel does Rome (Girls On Tour #4)
  • The Girls take Manhattan (Girls On Tour #5)