Start by marking “Distraction (Underground Kings, #3)” as Want to Read:
Distraction (Underground Kings, #3)

Distraction (Underground Kings #3)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  5,873 Ratings  ·  534 Reviews
Distraction: The great intensity, novelty, or attractiveness of something other than the object of attention.

Sven is a man who takes pride in his ability to separate himself from his emotions. He's a man who knows who he is and where he’s going in life, a man who needs no one, because needing someone, anyone, is a weakness.

His past taught him love isn’t enough.

Maggie wa
Published February 2nd 2016

To ask other readers questions about Distraction, please sign up.

Crystal whitley It's on amazon .... i had to google buy ebook copy to find it not sure why i tried typing in on amazon but only showed paperback here is a link

…more

SMJC Book 3 is Sven and Maggie, book 4 is Justin and Audrey but I don't know when "Infatuation" will be released.

Christy
Mar 05, 2014 rated it liked it

photo 89AE2EEA-ED5D-4794-BEBE-AA4915C14048_zps7p9qwabx.jpg

Distraction third book in Aurora Rose Reynold’s Underground Kings series. It can be read as a standalone (each book is about a different couple). As much as I love Reynold’s sweet, steamy and quick reads, I’ve enjoyed that this series is a little different than her others. I like that it’s more suspenseful and gritty and the heroes are a little rough around the edges.

Maggie and Sven meet at his club in Vegas when Maggie shows up to confront some people about her sister. Maggie is a t
Sabrina
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
I really hate that I'm giving such a low rating to one of my favorite authors, but this book just didn't work for me. I've been looking forward to it since the end of Obligation and it ended up being nothing like I expected.

Maggie's sister was drugged and beat up after going to a club, so Maggie takes it upon herself to go to the club each night and watch out for creeps drugging drinks. Sven, the owner, is getting annoyed at constantly having Maggie cause problems in his club so he takes the ad
Beverly
Jan 31, 2016 rated it liked it
3 - 3.5 Stars

The Underground Kings series are all intertwined, but focus on different couples so they can be read as standalone. This is Maggie and Sven’s story.

Sven is a club owner in Vegas and is one of the good guys. Yes, he is a bit of a manwhore, but he is up front with the girls he hooks up and doesn’t make any promises. He has just finished hooking up with a girl when he sees Maggie for the first time.

Maggie is in the club in her pajamas, but she doesn’t care. When she learned her siste
XxTainaxX
Mar 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Audiobook review. Maggie and Sven definitely caught my attention at the end of Kai's book. I wanted to see what they were about. I liked Maggie's sass very much and I liked that Sven was attracted to a different kind of woman despite having his pick. Their tale wasn't quite what I pictured, but it kept me entertained enough to see it through.

The story sees its ups and downs with aspects that I enjoyed, like the banter between our hero and heroine and aspects that I didn't, such as Sven's unreal
Elizabeth
~3.5 Stars~
"I had no idea this kind of love was even possible"
description

Distraction is the third book in Aurora Rose Reynolds Underground Kings Series. Although the characters make appearances throughout the series, each book can be read as a stand-alone.

description

Maggie is a hard-headed, protective, take no prisoners heroine. She finds herself in a Las Vegas club looking for the person who drugged her sister. Sporting her pajama pants, she catches the eye of the club owner Sven.

Sven is a well-established ch
Catarina
4 Distracting Stars.

This book (finally) bring us the story of Maggie and Sven. If you read the previous books you know that their relationship didn’t start… in the most conventional way. Maggie is looking for answers about her sister in order to help her, Sven wants to make sure she won’t be a problem for his business. But when they start to get closer and Sven’s world suddenly puts Maggie on risk, he realizes that he’ll do anything to protect her and keep her in his life.

Let me be honest, i
Lisa
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it

3.5 Stars!
Aisling Zena
2 stars

How do I dislike thee? Let me count the ways.

I dislike the way you gave me hope and took it away.
I dislike how it didn't even feel like Aurora Rose Reynolds wrote it.
I dislike how you skipped days and weeks and events for no rhyme or reason.
I dislike your inconsistency.
I dislike how Maggie was at the club for a specific reason that was forgotten the second she was hired.
I dislike how Sven didn't even try to help her find the bad guy in the beginning.
I dislike how we once again had the I
Maria...
3 stars

That was my face when I finishes this book!!!
description
I don't know how I feel about this book!I was waiting so long for Sven's
book and now that I read it, I can't put my finger on how I feel!
I was waiting to come and rock my world like the other two on this series did!So I was....
description
But then I read some reviews that weren't very encouraging so I put a ....
description
Let's get into the book for a second...
The things that I love about this book is first and for most "Aurora Rose Reynolds"!!!I love her writing an
Eliza

Author: Aurora Rose Reynolds
Release date: 2nd February, 2016
Cliffhanger: No
HEA: (view spoiler)

I’ve put off writing this review for a number of reasons. Primarily, I really didn’t want to admit to not actively enjoying it. As my experiences with the last two books in the Until series were unsuccessful, I had hoped Distraction would turn things around for ARR and myself. Maybe I put a bit too much pressure on myself to enjoy it
Jayme
I always wanted to read the books of this author. This is my first and not the last. Wonderful heroes and fabulous and funny love story. These are the strongest points of the book.

“You’re such a pain in the ass,” he gripes. “Yeah, and you’re Mr. Perfect,”

About the plot: Maggie meets Sven when she comes to his nightclub to find out something about who is behind the abuse of her sister. She is determined, and despite the lack of help, appears a club every night and makes turmoil. He doesn't kno
Badeth
Jan 23, 2015 added it
OH MY GOD. CAN'T WAIT!!

EXCERPT: Sven and Maggie’s story

I wake up with my head pounding, the feel of
a bare leg over the top of mine, and a hand
wrapped around my breast. I open one eye
and close it immediately when I see dark,
golden hair, a nose, and lips I know too well.
Sven I try to recall last night, but my whole
memory is blank. My heart starts to beat
more rapidly as I notice that I’m completely
naked—and so is the man asleep on top of
me.
“What have I done?” I whisper as I recognize
that the spa
Coco.V
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OH MY… I freaking loved it and finished it in one sitting! It is no secret that I’m a huge fan of Aurora Rose Reynolds. There is no words that could explain how much I love this author, her writing style, her refreshing straight up romance, her memorable and loving characters and her strong alpha men who make your insides quake.

To say that I was highly anticipating the 3rd installment of the Underground Kings series would be an understatement and it was so worth the wait!

Maggie and Sven meet at
Olga therebelreader

Distraction is a book I’m very conflicted about.

***Bads***
While it had an enticing plot line, the characters were underdeveloped. I had a hard time relating to any of them. Maggie’s personality was strange. Several things seemed to happen effortlessly. For example, Maggie’s entrance in Sven’s club in her pj’s; her quit of modeling; her sexual inexperience which is not consistent with her confidence with men and her sassy attitude; Sven buying a brand new, much bigger house for him and
BookLover
This book started off good for me. I really liked Maggie’s quirky personality and the way she and Sven interacted with one another.

Sadly, this book was only okay for me for a couple of reasons. First, I felt like the story was not developed enough and there were huge chunks missing. The story kept moving forward without properly filling me in on what was happening.

Secondly, the way Sven and Maggie got together just didn’t work for me. (view spoiler)
London
Why? Why the uber manwhore gets the virgin storyline again? Hasn't this been done enough already?

Oh and we also get to read a really descriptive sex scene with the hero and some random whore.
Another author bites the dust. Won't be reading her shit anymore.
Erika
Not planning to read this.

(view spoiler)
Radmila
3,3 STARS!

Well, I am disappointed. I was expecting more from ARR, but I don't know what happened.
The book was going to fast and some things just skipped around a bit and at some point I didn't know what I was reading so I keep going backward, forward trying to understand what did I miss. The best part of book was Justin. He is so hilarious.

"Instructor was probably more interested in you than keeping the population of Vegas safe."

" 'We're in the kitchen, though it doesn't surprise me that you fou
Bev
Here's my issues review. I was really looking forward to this, who doesn't love a manwhore who falls for his girl and has a total change of heart? So to say I was disappointed by Distraction would be an understatement.

When I read a book I want mostly show and very little tell, instead I got the opposite here, all the good bits happened off the damn page. The attempt at suspense just fizzled to nothing - all these badasses chomping at the bit to go get the bad guy and that amounted a cop-out and
Michelle
Jan 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, 2016, jan-2016, feb-2016
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo fdad64cdff6f52bb3a110f61f6b1cd_zpstcwigr8w.gif

dis·trac·tion (/dəˈstrakSH(ə)n/) a thing that prevents someone from giving full attention to something else.

Distraction by Aurora Reynolds is the third installment of Underground Kings Series and can be read as a standalone but I would urge readers to read the first two books since previous characters makes an appearance in this book. I loved the first two books of this series but for Distraction I liked the book but didn't loved it. For so
Amy
Feb 16, 2015 rated it liked it
3 Slightly Disappointed Stars

It pains me to say this BUT this book waa nowhere upto standard for Reynolds.
I have viewed this series sorr of like the Until Series "cousin" books, but this one in my opinion wasn't even on the same family tree!

I enjoyed Sven and Maggies characters on the surface but there was no depth to them. major events happened and were glossed over and sometimes whole weeks were skipped and we were just expected to go with it!

The story felt choppy, incomplete and I may be alo
Emily
Sven has it all, looks, money, and women. He doesn't form attachments, women are for one thing and they know the score as soon as they walk through his door. He doesn't plan to change that for anyone. When he sees Maggie in pajamas, in his club, yelling at two men he sees red. Maggie is there trying to find the men who drugged and beat up her sister. Sven needs her to leave, she is bad for business.

Undeterred Maggie shows up every night and Sven tirelessly tries to get her out of his club. Real
Tina
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is another fantastic read by ARR! I love every single book she has written so far and this one was no different! Love her Alpha's, love the woman they love and the stories of their lives! After reading the sneak peek into the next book at the end of this one, I can't hardly wait!!!
Jan
Floved this

I have read Aurora 's books and Base this review without comparison to others I have read although I loved those to.

Right from the beginning your pulled in as your taken to a scene in Sven's childhood from that point on I was gripped and intrigued as the plot moved to the current Sven with his connections and his reputation and how Maggie came onto the scene.

I read this in one sitting, Aurora never disappoints.

Loved the characters in Distraction, Mags is one sassy, curvy woman with a
Kate's Corner
I’ve been waiting a really long time for this book. Ever since Assumption was released I wanted Sven’s book. So when I was asked if I wanted to read this book in exchange for a honest review. I was a happy bunny.

I have always appreciated and loved Ms. Reynolds books, writing and humour, up until the last two books I read of a series that shall not be named where it came to the point where I told myself that

photo Unbenannt_zpshhftzcoq.png

Now getting to my review

“Perfect is unattainable and an unrealistic expectation. No on
~Mindy Lynn~
***3.5***

Once again, it was like and not love. I will say I did enjoy this one just a smidge more than the last book, Obligation.

I liked Sven. I liked Maggie. I liked them together. The story was better developed but once again we missed events that had taken place but wasn't on page. It gets annoying especially when I, the reader, want these scenes played out on paper. I want to be in those moments with the characters.

Another pet peeve of mine that I didn't mention in my review of, Obligation
Chantal ❤️
Astraycat
If you've read Until Nico, you'd remember Nico had a manwhore friend, who owned clubs in Vegas. Yep, this was H.

Not sure how to think about this book. I got H was a manwhore, but I didn't need the vivid image how he played women. Fortunately, he was celibate after met h.

My main issue about this book was how they made love first time. (view spoiler)
  • The Boss (Untamed Hearts, #5)
  • Finding Paradise (Paradise, #2)
  • Liability (Alfha Law Firm, #2)
  • Best Kase Scenario (Hyde, #2)
  • Jaded Hearts (Loaded Replay, #1)
  • Untitled (Heaven and Hell, #2)
  • Sweet Victory (Fighting for Love, #4)
  • Honor Bound (The Estate, #3)
  • Jacked Up (Bowen Boys, #4)
  • Untitled (Criminals of the Ocean, #3)
  • How to Marry an Idiot (Friend-Zoned, #4)
  • Untitled (Hollywood Hearts, #3)
  • Distraction (Club Destiny, #8)
  • The Rocker That Rescues Me (The Rocker)
  • Confliction (The Wellingtons, #3)
  • Sucker Punched (Knockout Love #2)
  • Perfect Rage (Unyielding, #3)
  • In His World (Eternally North, #2)
NEW YORK TIMES WALL STREET JOURNAL AND USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR Aurora Rose Reynolds started writing so that the over the top alpha men that lived in her head would leave her alone. When she's not writing or reading she spends her days with her very own real life alpha who loves her as much as the men in her books love their women and their Great Dane Blue that always keeps her on her toes.

More about Aurora Rose Reynolds...

Underground Kings (4 books)
  • Assumption (Underground Kings, #1)
  • Obligation (Underground Kings, #2)
  • Infatuation (Underground Kings, #4)

“She guards herself so closely, never allowing herself to be vulnerable for anyone. But I won’t accept anything less than all of her. I want her— no, need her— to feel for me what I feel for her.” 2 likes
“Mags. I’ve given you time. I’ve done everything but write it in the sky, and you still do not understand I’m in love with you. I loved you before I even understood the pain that you caused in my chest.” 1 likes