Start by marking “Assumption (Underground Kings, #1)” as Want to Read:
Assumption (Underground Kings, #1)

Assumption (Underground Kings #1)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  16,496 Ratings  ·  1,161 Reviews
[as·sump·tion:]
a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof

They say when you assume that you make an ass out of you and me.

Kenton Mayson learned this lesson firsthand when he made assumptions about Autumn Freeman and the kind of woman she is based on what little information he had. What he finds out is she’s not only beautiful, but also smart, f
Published August 25th 2014 by Aurora Rose Reynolds (first published August 23rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Assumption, please sign up.
Kait I believe he owns a security/private investigative business. Nico (from the Until series that Kenton pops in and out of) is a bounty hunter who works…moreI believe he owns a security/private investigative business. Nico (from the Until series that Kenton pops in and out of) is a bounty hunter who works for him. I don't remember anything more definitive than that, sorry!(less)

Lisa
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, for-review

4.5 Stars!

“Just remember that sometimes, the way you think about a person isn’t the way they actually are.” ~John Green

description

Assumption is book one in Aurora Rose Reynolds’ new series entitled Underground Kings. I have been a huge fan of this author ever since becoming addicted to her Until series. I have come to love the over-the-top alpha cavemen she creates and the sassy women who manage to steal their hearts. To say that I was highly anticipating this book would be an understatement. Every boo
Christy
Mar 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

“description"/

Entertaining, sexy and sweet. That is what I’ve come to know and love about Aurora Rose Reynolds books. I was excited when I heard she was expanding on the Mayson bothers series and couldn’t wait to pick up her first Underground Kings book. I liked all the glimpses I got of Kenton in the other stories so I couldn’t wait to read his book. It was just as I expected. Entertaining, sexy and sweet. But it had a little something extra. Kenton is a little more alpha in a dangerous way and I lik
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
3.5 Stars

She's not what I expected. She's not what I wanted, but fuck me if she's not what I need.

Now let's be honest here, shall we? If you've read any other book by this author, you probably notice a certain formula to her work. There's the OTT possessive yet still somehow incredibly hot while doing it hero. There's the kinda flighty, one fuck away from being virginal heroine. Then there the "Mine" thing, followed fairly quickly by marriage, babies and a HEA. This would never work for me i
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
3.5--Assuming--Stars!!!

"I see you judging me. I know what you're thinking. She has to be a slut; she works at a strip club and takes off her clothes for money."

Let's face it....Aurora Rose Reynolds's books are simply a

They are entertaining, feature heroes that are possessive and alpha. The MCs always fall in love overnight, get married a week later and start having babies that night.

Autumn works at a strip club to pay the bills while she is getting her nursing degree. She witnesses a shooti
XxTainaxX
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Audiobook review. The best one in the series! Kenton isn't perfect by a long shot but this growly, possessive alpha is tempered by just enough sweet to tempt the feisty Autumn.

The plot was interesting and it blends well with the previous series. It follows Autumn through a traumatic experience and subsequent need for protection. She has made the best of the challenges brought on by life and not all of her choices can be considered conventional. At first Kenton makes assumptions and messes up, b
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
4 stars

photo PhotoGrid_1408409084098_zps5a5c477f.jpg

A turn of event in Autumns life has her living with Kenton temporarily. But what happens when he makes assumptions about her? Can he keep her safe?

This book gave me a cheesy grin for half the book. I totally have a girl crush on Autumn. But it never quite reached that 5 star feeling. Also the ending fell a bit flat for me and I felt it was perhaps too neatly wrapped up.

I enjoyed this. Awesome banter, kickass heroine, bossy hero. These type books cant go wrong with me.

ARC provi
Jen
3.5 Liked but Not Loved Stars

”I’m not fearless,” I tell him, resting my forehead against his. “I’m afraid all the damn time.”“Nah,” he shakes his head. “You’re a fucking warrior.”

Did I love this one? No. But I certainly enjoyed it enough to not be pissed off at the time or money spent reading it. That’s more than I can say for most of the books I’ve managed to finish lately. Score!

Autumn needs to get out of Vegas FAST! After witnessing a professional hit at the strip club that makes her future
Catarina
4,5 Alpha Stars.

Autumn saw something she shouldn't have and now that something it’s after her. So her friend provide her the only way he knows she will be safe: living under the protection of his friend Kenton.
Initially he has some preconceived ideas about her and is very clear about them. But he soon sees her for who she is and starts to fall. And when a member of this family falls, he falls hard and fast.

description

But Autumn isn’t safe and when what’s after her starts to get closer, will Kenton be ab
Eliza
May 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, i-pictured-it

Title: Assumption (Underground Kings #1)
Series: (Underground Kings)
Author: Aurora Rose Reynold
Release Date: 25th August, 2014
Rating: 3.75 " Warrior" Stars
Cliffhanger: No
HEA: (view spoiler)

photo 49454425-994C-42FD-9465-6B20646086AA_zpstyycrsmw.jpg

Aurora Rose Reynolds knows how to serve up hot, possessive, caring men and if you think Kenton Mayson is more of the same, your right...and wrong! Kenton has a much rougher edge to him that the other Mayson Men and when pushed has no qualms in proving it.

Autumn is one of my favourite her
Candace
Sweet And Predictable

This was a good book with a sweet love story. I liked it, but didn't love it. At times it felt a little forced, but for the most part, it flowed from one part to the next with a predictable ease.

Autumn is working as a stripper in Vegas, while completing her clinical hours for nursing school. While working one night, she witnesses a multiple murder and is the only living witness. Fleeing Vegas for her safety, a friend arranges for her to stay with his childhood friend, Kenton
TORI
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars

How the hell Ms. Reynolds does it I don't know. But she manages to take elements that should make you hate this book (insta-love, virgin-ish heroine, over zealous alpha male, semi-corny dialogue, predictable plot etc.) and turns it into magic.

If you've read her stuff you already know she has a pattern to all her work.

Pattern as follows:

Heroine with crazy f**ked up past and almost no sexual experience meets drop dead gorgeous alpha male hero.

Within days of meeting, said alpha is smit
Sleepless Readmore
Jan 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
ASS-U-ME 4 STARS

Autumn & Kenton ♥

description

She’s not what I expected.
She’s not what I wanted,
but fuck me if she’s not what I needed.."
description

Aurora Rose Reynolds.. I swear this woman knows her men. She ALWAYS creates AMAZING book boyfriends. I can't name one that I haven't fallen in love with. Kenton .. oh Kenton!
description
Do not assume mister but that whole Vanderbilt-VanderBELT thing was hilarious (STILL LAUGHING).
description
It was a shorter read as oppose to her other books. There was characters from my other favorites
Cristina
Aug 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe I've kept this book on my TBR list for this long...

Aurora Rose Reynolds...

description

I love you're writing, I loved your story, I absolutely adored the characters and I can't wait to read more from you...

description

So I'm moving on to the next book in this series...

Beverly
Sep 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Oh this one started out so strong. I love how Kenton immediately assumed Autumn was a stripper, I love how he acted like he was above his feelings for her. Honestly this one started out so incredibly strong and I just wanted more.

I still thoroughly enjoyed the story. You can't beat Aurora's sexy alpha's and insta-love, it's a fun combination!
Sheryl
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
DON'T SHOOT ME, BUT Aurora Rose Reynolds, YOU HAVE BECOME MY NÚMERO UNO AUTHOR... This book, has made you my ALL TIME FAV AUTHOR (and yes, you have pushed Kristen Ashley to number 2!!!). I ABSOLUTELY LOVED Kenton, and I CAN'T WAIT for Kai's story now!!!!!!
Tijuana *BookTwinsReviews*
OMG! I have got to re-read this soon. I loved it the first time around and feel the need for a re-up.
Aestas Book Blog
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED :::

Sexy, action-packed, Alpha male fun!!

Teehee!!! I really enjoyed this!! The hero was a total Alpha male (bossy, possessive, bit of an ass, huge heart) and the heroine was hiding out at his house because she’d witnessed a mob hit which naturally brought out his uber-protective side ;) But, as per the title, they both made assumptions about each other that got them off to a rocky start. They both judged. He assumed she was a stripper. She assumed he was an asshole.
Melanie (mells_view)
Meh. I chose this because it was listed under mafia/love hate relationship on a certain website. Let’s just say I will never trust that website again, because this was SLIGHT mafia adjacent... and the love to hate was more reluctant romance than anything else.

It was a good read. It just wasn’t what I was wanting, and I never really got that invested in the characters.
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky, and B*tchy ⚓️ Steamy Reads
This follows the same formula as all her other books, although I felt this one was a little more choppy in terms of time passage and scene changes.

description

Kenton is pretty interchangeable with Nico and her other heroes...and Autumn is pretty interchangeable with all her other female leads...

You definitely know what you are getting with this author when you pick up her books.

While that may be boring to some, I like knowing that when I'm in the mood for this formula, Reynolds always delivers; however,
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

Nichole's Sizzling Reviews

Sizzling Pages @ Facebook

Twitter:@Sizzlingpages

Email: sizzlingpages@gmail.com

Assumption was another amazing winner by one of my favorite authors. Aurora knows how to bring me exactly what I want in a romance. Her stories bring passionate and emotional plots  to us with climatic and breathtaking suspense. Romance that leaves you breathless and characters you finish with a feeling of adding a new friend to your life. These people fee
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Release date: September 5, 2014
Rating:3.5 stars
Cliffhanger:No
HEA: (view spoiler)

If you're looking for a quick read with a strong alpha hero and a few laughs, you've come to the right place. If you're looking for a book with lots of surprises and unpredictability...not so much. In typical ARR style, this new Underground Kings series begins with (no surprise) an alpha hero who is hot, controlling a
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
5 Stars

Kenton Mayson is cousin to the brothers in the Until series. He's happy with his life. He's successful businessman with a bounty hunter company. Great friends and family.

description

When his childhood friend Link calls him from Vegas asking him to take in a friend, Autumn Freeman, to keep her safe from something she witnesses, he's ambivalent about it. He knows what type of women work in strip clubs and his preconceived "assumptions" are only the beginning.

Autumn Freeman hates being beautiful. Acc
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
4.0- 4.25 Assuming Stars

I "Assumed" Aurora Rose Reynolds would bring it and she did!

Now Kenton Maysen, that is exactly what I needed! Thank you Aurora Rose Reynolds for bringing the badass back to your alpha! It was Asher that had previously been my fave Maysen Man, but NOPE, there is no better than Kenton!

Ummmm, HELL YES! This man is direct, he is tough, and he is off the charts HOT! Where I wanted Nico to act the badness that he looked, Kenton completely made up for it! Let's just say that on
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.5 Stars***

Another entertaining and enjoyable ARR book to add to the tally!

There's just something about her Alpha guys and insta-love/lust formula that just works for me. Her books are effortless and entertaining and I eat them up with pleasure.

Unfortunately, there were two things that kind of irked me and kept me from rating this higher. The first being the awkward transition between scenes. There were moments when a time jump of a few hours, days and sometimes a few weeks would happen fr
Arabella ~♡AB♡~

3 Stars for me, I enjoyed reading about Kenton and Autumn I think I was just expecting something a bit darker. Don't ask me why though!

Autumn gets caught up in the middle of a shooting at the Gentleman's club where she works and so gets to stay with Kenton who is a friend of a friend. Kenton is also the cousin of the Maysons from the Until series.

At first Kenton makes assumptions about Autumn because she worked at a strip club but this gets cleared up pretty quick and they soon realise they ar
Kate's Corner
You should never judge a book by its cover. In life for some people it is a matter of survial and nothing else.

We met Kenton in the Until Series now he gets his own book. The Underground Kings Series is darker than the Until Series.

Autumn Freeman works in a Stripclub in Las Vegas to pay for her bills and to get her Nursing Degree. Unfortunately she sees the hit that occurs in the club and can identify the killer. She gets shipped off to Kenton so that she is protected.

Kenton judges Autumn on w
Ashleyjo
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was ok

I get strippers get a bad rap and that a lot of people see beauty as an empty vase, but it really perturbs me when an author/character takes a subject and twists it in a knot to try and garner empathy, sympathy where none is needed. I'm not going to feel sorry for her because she's soooo beautiful, sorry just not happening.

This chick is working as a stripper, you know that job where Mf'ers come in and pay to see how 'beautiful' naked women look shaking their asses, and has the gumption to compl
✿kawehi.reviews
Mar 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via TRSOR PR in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!! ☆

description

#What an extraordinary read!!

description

Assumption was my first Aurora Rose Reynolds read *ducks head sheepishly* and it couldn't have given me an even better introduction into this talented author!!

I've always had a fascination with books that dove into more underground, gritty types of themes and Aurora delivered that for me... along with some steam! *wink wink*

description

Take two different individuals from two completely different wo
Lisa
Mar 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 stars. I enjoyed Kenton and Autumn's story but for some odd reason I just can't put my finger on why I didn't fall in love with it.

photo 527414_zpseaca9d70.gif

I adored Autumn. She was a great heroine. She stood up for herself and didn't let Kenton roll over her like some alpha men try to do in stories. I liked that she showed her vulnerable side and didn't run away from situations.

Kenton was the typical hot alpha bossy man but I think it's my own fault that I kept trying to compare him to those delicious Mayson br
AJ
“She’s not what I expected. She’s not what I wanted, but fuck me if she’s not what I need.”

A sexy and romantic read with a bit of an edge. 3.5 stars

This is book 1 in the Underground Kings series, and is also a spin-off of the Until series, with Kenton being a cousin of the fabulously alpha Mayson boys. He appeared in a number of the Until books, and I’ve been looking forward to getting to his story - though having said that, this can easily be read as a standalone.

Kenton is a bit of a bounty hu
Aurora Rose Fan B...: Assumption 17 69 Jan 23, 2015 02:58PM
  • Athica Lane (Carpino, #3)
  • A Reason to Live (Reason, #3)
  • Deacon (Unfinished Hero, #4)
  • Hyde and Seek (Hyde #1)
  • Cash (The Henchmen MC, #2)
  • Perfect Chaos (Unyielding, #1)
  • Sweet Temptation (Men of Honor, #2)
  • Secret Maneuvers (Ex Ops #1)
  • Becoming Noah Baxter (Marked, #2)
  • Unexpected Fate (Hope Town, #1)
  • Road to Redemption (Dogs of Fire MC, #2)
  • Crazy Good (Crazy Good, #1)
  • Dare (Brothers of Ink and Steel #1)
  • Affliction (Knights Rebels MC, #2)
  • Conflicted Love (Needle's Kiss, #2)
  • Consequences of Deception (Deception, #1)

Aurora Rose Reynolds is a New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author whose wildly popular series include Until, Until Him, Until Her, Underground Kings and Shooting Stars.

Her writing career started in an attempt to get the outrageously alpha men who resided in her head to leave her alone and has blossomed into an opportunity to share her stories with readers all over the
More about Aurora Rose Reynolds

Underground Kings (4 books)
  • Obligation (Underground Kings, #2)
  • Distraction (Underground Kings, #3)
  • Infatuation (Underground Kings #4)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Soometimes when you have something that seems too good to be true, you start waiting for it to crumble to pieces around you.” 18 likes
“That’s why I live inside books. At least there I can choose where I want to be—from the highlands of Scotland to a king’s bed in a faraway land—and even if it’s pretend, sometimes that’s a lot better than reality.” 7 likes