Start by marking “Assumption (Underground Kings, #1)” as Want to Read:
Assumption (Underground Kings, #1)

Assumption (Underground Kings #1)

4.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  13,198 Ratings  ·  977 Reviews
[as·sump·tion:]
a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof

They say when you assume that you make an ass out of you and me.

Kenton Mayson learned this lesson firsthand when he made assumptions about Autumn Freeman and the kind of woman she is based on what little information he had. What he finds out is she’s not only beautiful, but also smart, f
Published August 25th 2014 by Aurora Rose Reynolds (first published August 23rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Assumption, please sign up.

Kait I believe he owns a security/private investigative business. Nico (from the Until series that Kenton pops in and out of) is a bounty hunter who works…moreI believe he owns a security/private investigative business. Nico (from the Until series that Kenton pops in and out of) is a bounty hunter who works for him. I don't remember anything more definitive than that, sorry!(less)

Lisa
Aug 31, 2014 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, for-review

4.5 Stars!

“Just remember that sometimes, the way you think about a person isn’t the way they actually are.” ~John Green

description

Assumption is book one in Aurora Rose Reynolds’ new series entitled Underground Kings. I have been a huge fan of this author ever since becoming addicted to her Until series. I have come to love the over-the-top alpha cavemen she creates and the sassy women who manage to steal their hearts. To say that I was highly anticipating this book would be an understatement. Every boo
Christy
Aug 30, 2014 Christy rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

photo 5876bd9f-21e3-4305-a050-387e8dcc9455_zps2a7268c1.jpg

Entertaining, sexy and sweet. That is what I’ve come to know and love about Aurora Rose Reynolds books. I was excited when I heard she was expanding on the Mayson bothers series and couldn’t wait to pick up her first Underground Kings book. I liked all the glimpses I got of Kenton in the other stories so I couldn’t wait to read his book. It was just as I expected. Entertaining, sexy and sweet. But it had a little something extra. Kenton is a little more alpha in a dangerous way and I li
J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie*
3.5--Assuming--Stars!!!

"I see you judging me. I know what you're thinking. She has to be a slut; she works at a strip club and takes off her clothes for money."

Let's face it....Aurora Rose Reynolds's books are simply a

They are entertaining, feature heroes that are possessive and alpha. The MCs always fall in love overnight, get married a week later and start having babies that night.

Autumn works at a strip club to pay the bills while she is getting her nursing degree. She witnesses a shooti
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
3.5 Stars

She's not what I expected. She's not what I wanted, but fuck me if she's not what I need.

Now let's be honest here, shall we? If you've read any other book by this author, you probably notice a certain formula to her work. There's the OTT possessive yet still somehow incredibly hot while doing it hero. There's the kinda flighty, one fuck away from being virginal heroine. Then there the "Mine" thing, followed fairly quickly by marriage, babies and a HEA. This would never work for me i
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
4 stars

photo PhotoGrid_1408409084098_zps5a5c477f.jpg

A turn of event in Autumns life has her living with Kenton temporarily. But what happens when he makes assumptions about her? Can he keep her safe?

This book gave me a cheesy grin for half the book. I totally have a girl crush on Autumn. But it never quite reached that 5 star feeling. Also the ending fell a bit flat for me and I felt it was perhaps too neatly wrapped up.

I enjoyed this. Awesome banter, kickass heroine, bossy hero. These type books cant go wrong with me.

ARC provided
Jen
3.5 Liked but Not Loved Stars

”I’m not fearless,” I tell him, resting my forehead against his. “I’m afraid all the damn time.”“Nah,” he shakes his head. “You’re a fucking warrior.”

Did I love this one? No. But I certainly enjoyed it enough to not be pissed off at the time or money spent reading it. That’s more than I can say for most of the books I’ve managed to finish lately. Score!

Autumn needs to get out of Vegas FAST! After witnessing a professional hit at the strip club that makes her future
Catarina
4,5 Alpha Stars.

Autumn saw something she shouldn't have and now that something it’s after her. So her friend provide her the only way he knows she will be safe: living under the protection of his friend Kenton.
Initially he has some preconceived ideas about her and is very clear about them. But he soon sees her for who she is and starts to fall. And when a member of this family falls, he falls hard and fast.

description

But Autumn isn’t safe and when what’s after her starts to get closer, will Kenton be ab
Eliza
Sep 07, 2014 Eliza rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, i-pictured-it

Title: Assumption (Underground Kings #1)
Series: (Underground Kings)
Author: Aurora Rose Reynold
Release Date: 25th August, 2014
Rating: 3.75 " Warrior" Stars
Cliffhanger: No
HEA: (view spoiler)

photo 49454425-994C-42FD-9465-6B20646086AA_zpstyycrsmw.jpg

Aurora Rose Reynolds knows how to serve up hot, possessive, caring men and if you think Kenton Mayson is more of the same, your right...and wrong! Kenton has a much rougher edge to him that the other Mayson Men and when pushed has no qualms in proving it.

Autumn is one of my favourite her
TORI
Sep 02, 2014 TORI rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars

How the hell Ms. Reynolds does it I don't know. But she manages to take elements that should make you hate this book (insta-love, virgin-ish heroine, over zealous alpha male, semi-corny dialogue, predictable plot etc.) and turns it into magic.

If you've read her stuff you already know she has a pattern to all her work.

Pattern as follows:

Heroine with crazy f**ked up past and almost no sexual experience meets drop dead gorgeous alpha male hero.

Within days of meeting, said alpha is smit
Candace
Sweet And Predictable

This was a good book with a sweet love story. I liked it, but didn't love it. At times it felt a little forced, but for the most part, it flowed from one part to the next with a predictable ease.

Autumn is working as a stripper in Vegas, while completing her clinical hours for nursing school. While working one night, she witnesses a multiple murder and is the only living witness. Fleeing Vegas for her safety, a friend arranges for her to stay with his childhood friend, Kenton
Cristina
Feb 28, 2016 Cristina rated it it was amazing
I can't believe I've kept this book on my TBR list for this long...

Aurora Rose Reynolds...

description

I love you're writing, I loved your story, I absolutely adored the characters and I can't wait to read more from you...

description

So I'm moving on to the next book in this series...

Sleepless Readmore
Jan 20, 2015 Sleepless Readmore rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
ASS-U-ME 4 STARS

Autumn & Kenton

description

She’s not what I expected.
She’s not what I wanted,
but fuck me if she’s not what I needed.."
description

Aurora Rose Reynolds.. I swear this woman knows her men. She ALWAYS creates AMAZING book boyfriends. I can't name one that I haven't fallen in love with. Kenton .. oh Kenton!
description
Do not assume mister but that whole Vanderbilt-VanderBELT thing was hilarious (STILL LAUGHING).
description
It was a shorter read as oppose to her other books. There was characters from my other favorites w
Beverly
Sep 29, 2015 Beverly rated it really liked it
Oh this one started out so strong. I love how Kenton immediately assumed Autumn was a stripper, I love how he acted like he was above his feelings for her. Honestly this one started out so incredibly strong and I just wanted more.

I still thoroughly enjoyed the story. You can't beat Aurora's sexy alpha's and insta-love, it's a fun combination!
Aestas Book Blog
Sep 10, 2014 Aestas Book Blog rated it really liked it
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED :::

Sexy, action-packed, Alpha male fun!!

Teehee!!! I really enjoyed this!! The hero was a total Alpha male (bossy, possessive, bit of an ass, huge heart) and the heroine was hiding out at his house because she’d witnessed a mob hit which naturally brought out his uber-protective side ;) But, as per the title, they both made assumptions about each other that got them off to a rocky start. They both judged. He assumed she was a stripper. She assumed he was an asshole.
Sheryl
Aug 24, 2014 Sheryl rated it it was amazing
DON'T SHOOT ME, BUT Aurora Rose Reynolds, YOU HAVE BECOME MY NÚMERO UNO AUTHOR... This book, has made you my ALL TIME FAV AUTHOR (and yes, you have pushed Kristen Ashley to number 2!!!). I ABSOLUTELY LOVED Kenton, and I CAN'T WAIT for Kai's story now!!!!!!
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
4.0- 4.25 Assuming Stars

I "Assumed" Aurora Rose Reynolds would bring it and she did!

Now Kenton Maysen, that is exactly what I needed! Thank you Aurora Rose Reynolds for bringing the badass back to your alpha! It was Asher that had previously been my fave Maysen Man, but NOPE, there is no better than Kenton!

Ummmm, HELL YES! This man is direct, he is tough, and he is off the charts HOT! Where I wanted Nico to act the badness that he looked, Kenton completely made up for it! Let's just say that on
Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A***

***3.5 Stars***

Another entertaining and enjoyable ARR book to add to the tally!

There's just something about her Alpha guys and insta-love/lust formula that just works for me. Her books are effortless and entertaining and I eat them up with pleasure.

Unfortunately, there were two things that kind of irked me and kept me from rating this higher. The first being the awkward transition between scenes. There were moments when a time jump of a few hours, days and sometimes a few weeks would happen fr
Arabella ~♡AB♡~

3 Stars for me, I enjoyed reading about Kenton and Autumn I think I was just expecting something a bit darker. Don't ask me why though!

Autumn gets caught up in the middle of a shooting at the Gentleman's club where she works and so gets to stay with Kenton who is a friend of a friend. Kenton is also the cousin of the Maysons from the Until series.

At first Kenton makes assumptions about Autumn because she worked at a strip club but this gets cleared up pretty quick and they soon realise they ar
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Release date: September 5, 2014
Rating:3.5 stars
Cliffhanger:No
HEA: (view spoiler)

If you're looking for a quick read with a strong alpha hero and a few laughs, you've come to the right place. If you're looking for a book with lots of surprises and unpredictability...not so much. In typical ARR style, this new Underground Kings series begins with (no surprise) an alpha hero who is hot, controlling a
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

Nichole's Sizzling Reviews

Sizzling Pages @ Facebook

Twitter:@Sizzlingpages

Email: sizzlingpages@gmail.com

Assumption was another amazing winner by one of my favorite authors. Aurora knows how to bring me exactly what I want in a romance. Her stories bring passionate and emotional plots to us with climatic and breathtaking suspense. Romance that leaves you breathless and characters you finish with a feeling of adding a new friend to your life. These people feel
Val ⚓️ Shameless,  Bitchy & Skanky ⚓️ Mrs. ClayDanvers/RemingtonTate
This follows the same formula as all her other books, although I felt this one was a little more choppy in terms of time passage and scene changes.

description

Kenton is pretty interchangeable with Nico and her other heroes...and Autumn is pretty interchangeable with all her other female leads...

You definitely know what you are getting with this author when you pick up her books.

While that may be boring to some, I like knowing that when I'm in the mood for this formula, Reynolds always delivers; however,
Kate Phoenix
You should never judge a book by its cover. In life for some people it is a matter of survial and nothing else.

We met Kenton in the Until Series now he gets his own book. The Underground Kings Series is darker than the Until Series.

Autumn Freeman works in a Stripclub in Las Vegas to pay for her bills and to get her Nursing Degree. Unfortunately she sees the hit that occurs in the club and can identify the killer. She gets shipped off to Kenton so that she is protected.

Kenton judges Autumn on w
✿kawehi.reviews
Sep 02, 2014 ✿kawehi.reviews rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I received an ARC via TRSOR PR in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!!

description

#What an extraordinary read!!

description

Assumption was my first Aurora Rose Reynolds read *ducks head sheepishly* and it couldn't have given me an even better introduction into this talented author!!

I've always had a fascination with books that dove into more underground, gritty types of themes and Aurora delivered that for me... along with some steam! *wink wink*

description

Take two different individuals from two completely different worl
Lisa
Aug 27, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it
3.5-4 stars. I enjoyed Kenton and Autumn's story but for some odd reason I just can't put my finger on why I didn't fall in love with it.

photo 527414_zpseaca9d70.gif

I adored Autumn. She was a great heroine. She stood up for herself and didn't let Kenton roll over her like some alpha men try to do in stories. I liked that she showed her vulnerable side and didn't run away from situations.

Kenton was the typical hot alpha bossy man but I think it's my own fault that I kept trying to compare him to those delicious Mayson br
AJ
“She’s not what I expected. She’s not what I wanted, but fuck me if she’s not what I need.”

A sexy and romantic read with a bit of an edge. 3.5 stars

This is book 1 in the Underground Kings series, and is also a spin-off of the Until series, with Kenton being a cousin of the fabulously alpha Mayson boys. He appeared in a number of the Until books, and I’ve been looking forward to getting to his story - though having said that, this can easily be read as a standalone.

Kenton is a bit of a bounty hu
CC

Re read via Audible

Man how things change in a year or two! I still enjoyed it but Kenton really was an asshole and I do not believe he ever apologized to her!

Autumn was so naive that it started to bug me. She forgave too easily.

It was technically dual POV, but we really only had Kenton's POV about 3 times. This totally sucked on the audible because Sebatian York was narrating his POV so we only get him for just a few minutes in the entire audio. I felt cheated because I wanted more time to list
Victoria
Nov 07, 2014 Victoria rated it really liked it
Shelves: scribd-read
3.5 STAR RATING- After spending a week reading through a BDSM series, Assumption offered a nice change. With an alpha male, sugary sweetness, and a bit of dirty talk, this definitely qualifies as a guilty pleasure read. I like picking up a book and knowing I'm going to get a loyal hero that's dedicated to his heroine and I always get that with this author. Overall, it wasn't amazing but it was enjoyable and I'll be reading more in this series. I can't help myself!

Note: At the time this review wa
Zakirrah BookBlogger
Oct 03, 2014 Zakirrah BookBlogger rated it really liked it
3.5 Hot Alpha Male Stars

as·sump·tion:
a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof

This is book 1 in Aurora Rose Reynolds new series called 'Underground Kings'.This book can be read as a standalone.I absolutely loved the Until series and couldn't wait for more because who can resist a hot over-protective alpha male who has a big heart?! ARR has brought to life some awesome characters and here is another. Kenton is ruthless, protective and overall a sweetheart! Every boo
Polly
Aug 25, 2014 Polly rated it it was amazing
This author has the perfect formula for me to auto buy any of her books.

Loved Kenton and can't wait for more!!
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
5 Stars

Kenton Mayson is cousin to the brothers in the Until series. He's happy with his life. He's successful businessman with a bounty hunter company. Great friends and family.

description

When his childhood friend Link calls him from Vegas asking him to take in a friend, Autumn Freeman, to keep her safe from something she witnesses, he's ambivalent about it. He knows what type of women work in strip clubs and his preconceived "assumptions" are only the beginning.

Autumn Freeman hates being beautiful. Acc
Aurora Rose Fan B...: Assumption 17 64 Jan 23, 2015 02:58PM
  • Athica Lane (Carpino, #3)
  • A Reason to Live (Reason, #3)
  • Deacon (Unfinished Hero, #4)
  • Hyde and Seek (Hyde #1)
  • Cash (The Henchmen MC, #2)
  • Perfect Chaos (Unyielding, #1)
  • Sweet Temptation (Men of Honor, #2)
  • Secret Maneuvers (Ex Ops #1)
  • Becoming Noah Baxter (Marked, #2)
  • Unexpected Fate (Hope Town, #1)
  • Road to Redemption (Dogs of Fire MC, #2)
  • Crazy Good (Crazy Good, #1)
  • Dare (Brothers of Ink and Steel #1)
  • Affliction (Knights Rebels MC, #2)
  • Conflicted Love (Needle's Kiss, #2)
  • Consequences of Deception (Deception, #1)
NEW YORK TIMES WALL STREET JOURNAL AND USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR Aurora Rose Reynolds started writing so that the over the top alpha men that lived in her head would leave her alone. When she's not writing or reading she spends her days with her very own real life alpha who loves her as much as the men in her books love their women and their Great Dane Blue that always keeps her on her toes.

More about Aurora Rose Reynolds...

Underground Kings (4 books)
  • Obligation (Underground Kings, #2)
  • Distraction (Underground Kings, #3)
  • Infatuation (Underground Kings, #4)

“Soometimes when you have something that seems too good to be true, you start waiting for it to crumble to pieces around you.” 13 likes
“Vanderbilt,” Kenton pronounces,” 3 likes