Start by marking “A Perfect Heritage” as Want to Read:
A Perfect Heritage

A Perfect Heritage

Published June 19th 2014 by Headline Review

Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
THE BLURB: The House of Farrell - home of The Cream, an iconic face product that has seen women flocking to its bijoux flagship store in the Berkeley Arcade since 1953.

At Farrell, you can rely on the personal touch. The legendary Athina Farrell remains the company's figurehead and in her kingdom at the Berkeley Arcade, Florence Hamilton plies their cosmetics with the utmost discretion. She is sales advisor - and holder of secrets - extraordinaire.

But of course the world of cosmetics is changing
Helen Gazzara
Jul 13, 2014 rated it liked it
I usually can't put down a Penny Vincenzi, but sadly, in the case of this book, it was put down more than it was read. I just found it quite tedious, with no real page turning moments. I know this review won't be popular with Penny's loyal fans - one of which I still remain, despite my disappointment in this latest book.
Karen
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've been a fan of Penny Vincenzi for several years and was delighted to be given the opportunity by Lovereading to read and review the latest release. I'm used to Penny’s books being larger than normal so wasn't wholly surprised to find that my proof copy was a whopping 939 pages. However the story was so engaging that I didn’t even mind the slightly aching wrists!

The story centres around the House of Farrell, a cosmetics company established in 1953 by young husband and wife Athina and Corneli
Anne
Sep 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I've read everything that Penny Vincenzi has written. Her first book, Old Sins was published way back in 1989. I fell in love with her writing then and have never looked back.
Penny Vincenzi writes huge books, the paperback version of A Perfect Heritage is almost 1000 pages, but it's a joy to read. Bursting with glamour and scandal, this story features the story of the House of Farrell - an upmarket cosmetics company that has been trading since 1953.
Times are changing in the industry and new bloo
Vanessa
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
For how long this book is, it really held my interest. It truly is like a soap opera, and Vincenzi does a great job flushing out each character and making each one unique. Solid, interesting story with not-so-likable characters.
Becca  ☾☁︎⋆ (PrettyLittleMemoirs.com)
A Perfect Heritage is a story that envelops readers like an alluring movie, with powerful and world-changing secrets. There is a past hidden within the characters and story that entwines with the present with consequences that play out fascinatingly.
Passionate about their careers, Bianca and Athina are at a standstill from each others egos, with neither of them on the same page for the future of The House of Farrell. The events that followed were overall a whirlwind of amazement and a story tha
Noor Hanis
DNF at a little more than 50%

Okay this is just the wrong book read by me on the wrong time and perhaps wrong place also. This is not the kind of book that will captivate my attention. Not when I just finished a really great book.

Truthfully, A Perfect Heritage has a lot of characters that the author prepared a list of characters on the front pages. Well, when you read a book, there's not so much focus on the side characters. But this is so different. From the successor until their daughter and s
Shiva Patel
Jul 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
A Perfect Heritage was given to me from a friend. This is my first Penny Vincenzi book and I was impressed! From the first page you are drawn to this beautiful intricate story about the world of the House of Farrell. You are intrigued by the characters and their survival.. A truly memorable must read for all!
Sam
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved it!

This book came everywhere with me, I literally couldn't put it down.

I started to really care about the characters' stories and how they were going to evolve through the story.
Sam Still Reading
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of intricate character based stories
Recommended to Sam Still Reading by: love Penny Vincenzi's work
The words Penny Vincenzi and cosmetics company when combined got me all in a flutter when I heard about this book. I love Penny’s books and I’m a cosmetics junkie so when she writes about this, of course I’m going to read it! The real question is, why did it take me so long? I think I wanted to savour this big book, so I waited until I was on holidays to really get the most out of it (translation: stay up very, very late reading). It’s also pretty big at 753 pages, and I don’t read too many chun ...more
Diane
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-books
Penny Vincenzi is one of my favourite authors. She tells stories about women and families and they are always well written and full of interweaving stories. Generally there's one main female protagonist and she generally has an "enemy" or person determined to give her a hard time. There are then several other women whose stories are woven through and related to the main story.

Bianca takes on jobs that challenge her to turn a failing company around. She is married to an accountant and has three
Sojourner
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
Fans of Penny Vincenzi will welcome this addition to the growing list of books written by this bestselling author. Over the years Penny’s name has become almost synonymous with larger than life novels, churning out bestselling novels year after year. Stunning, delightful and engaging, her novels have never failed to mesmerize or surprise readers with its surprising and absorbing plots. And her latest book promises to offer more of the same, a novel which fans will willingly and wholeheartedly em ...more
Joyce
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was the 1st book of Ms. Vincenzi's that I read even tho I have looked at several of hers for years. They are loooong & her publishers use a large sized trade format with large print which makes them a heavy book to carry around. But I persevered with this one & enjoyed the inside look into the cosmetic/perfumers industry immensely. So I will be looking into which one of hers I will tackle next.
Judith
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As ever Penny Vincenzi has produced another gripping family saga which is an absolute pleasure to read (though the jumbled text periodically throughout the ARC I was lucky enough to receive from Netgalley did require some patience to unravel!). This saga tells the story of the House of Farrell, a small family owned skincare and cosmetics company, which is about to go under financially at the opening of the book. Cornelius and Athina Farrell founded the company in the year of the coronation of th ...more
Liliana Pinto
"Herança Perfeita" foi, ao mesmo tempo, uma bela surpresa e uma desilusão. Comecei a ler este livro super empolgada, mas ao fim de alguns capítulos comecei a ficar entediada e um pouco cansada de algumas personagens. Cansada, principalmente, de Bianca Bailey. No principio adorei-a! Super inteligente e muito dada. Mas não à medida que a história ia avançando Bianca começou a mostrar a verdadeira mulher que era. Egoísta e única e exclusivamente focada no trabalho. Então quando o marido mudou de em ...more
Cath
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh how glad I am to have this book! The truth is I was at Hatchards in London, which is one of oldest bookshops and sells to royal family so I had to get some books...
I got this one mainly because of its cover and I felt only more happy because of its size.
I read it and I absolutely love it.
I never read anything by this autor before but I definitely will!

The characters arent bland or overly dramatic. Nothing is obvious, many twists. Lovely history and i liked the fact that it was basen in Londo
Kate Loveday
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great reading! I have read all of her books and this one didn't disappoint me. With a good storyline and wonderful characterization, I was sorry when it ended and I knew I would have to wait a year for her next book.
Beth
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Penny does it again
Jayne Burnett
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed - Penny Vincenzi never disappoints :-))
Blodeuedd Finland
I am not gonna read 700 pages when I am all meh
Sue Davies
Jul 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this like all her books a meaty family saga a great read
Marisa Goldsborough
Apr 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
A great choice for my recent trip to Malta.

I rated it only three stars as it is not her best and sadly a little predictable.

Amanda
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A PERFECT HERITAGE BY PENNY VINCENZI
The blurb

But of cours
Tracey
A really good read , with some brilliant characters. Loved Milly , she'd had me feeling for her in so many ways.
Will definitely be reading more of Penny Vincenzi's books as the i enjoyed her writing style and detailed descriptions of places and her development of her characters. I'm so glad my
mum and rosemary lent me this book.
Anna
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
Waaay too long, but I like Vincenzi's fashionable London settings. This one had too many characters, many who were not memorable.
Ashley
Sep 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
What first felt like a terrifying ordeal (900 page book, what?) turned into a wonderful adventure and probably one of my favourite reads of the year. A PERFECT HERITAGE by Penny Vincenzi is my first foray into Vincenzi’s fiction but definitely won’t be my last.

RELEASE DATE : October 2015

PUBLISHER : Overlook Press

DISCLAIMER : Novel received in exchange for a honest review.

SYNOPSIS : The House of Farrell is a prolific skincare company and home of The Cream, an iconic face product that has seen wom
Holly
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Every now and then, when you have lots of time on your hands, its great to read a Penny Vincenzi book. I say "time on your hands" because this particular book was over 768 pages....very common for the writing of Penny Vincenzi.
It is only common for a book this size to have a few dead spots here and there - but very quickly Penny picks up the theme and again another twist re-ignites our attention....
Its always been a battle over time on determining who within a family should 'work' and who sho
Arttemizza
O enredo? Fiquei assustada mal vi a quantidade de páginas que o livro tem, mas no decorrer da leitura compreendi o porquê do seu tamanho. São muitas as personagens, muitas ligações que se criam, que se descobrem, que se interligam. Somos presenteados com uma infinidade de temas, desde violência domestica, violência psicológica, adultério, bulling, divorcio, fraca auto-estima, humilhação, no entanto, não é tudo mau… temos muito amor, paixão, jogos de sedução, descobertas pessoais, vitórias, magia ...more
Sheila O'Flanagan
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's quite a while since I read one of Penny's books - maybe because they're such big doorstoppers that it's sometimes hard to find the time! This one is 750 pages but I haven't had as fun a read in a long time. It's about a fading costmetic company which is being taken over and relaunched and it has a huge cast of characters - matriarchs, venture capitalists, bullies, models... as well as family secrets, last minute panics, divorces, betrayals - oh, all sorts! And even when some of the plot get ...more
Jul 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At 65% : So, so demoralizing! Everything seems to be going wrong for everyone! One disaster after another. Wouldn't recommend this to anyone who's feeling down!

Finished! And I have to say that the last 200 pages were really great! But the reader has to toil through the first 600 pages, as they're really quite frustrating. But don't let that discourage you, because it's worth it in the end. Penny Vincenzi really does have a gift for telling a good story and, especially, for getting the tone just
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 4 Mar 21, 2015 11:13AM
  • The Inheritance (Swell Valley #1)
  • The Life You Want
  • Silver Clouds
  • Voyage of Innocence
  • Liberty Silk
  • Daughters of Fortune
Her family, Headline and her agent Clare Alexander are sad to announce the death of their beloved Penny Vincenzi who died peacefully on February 25th.

At the launch of her 19th book, A Question of Trust, last year, Penny said: “If nobody buys it, it will be my last book; otherwise, no, I don’t want it to be my last book … I still love writing and the whole process.” And at the time of her death Pen
“And on Sunday we went to the flea market and it was so cool. Nicola said she wanted to look at pictures and fabrics, so Carey and I went to an amazing part, called the Marché Malik, all retro stuff, and I got this denim jacket, it’s just gorgeous, got all flowers embroidered on it, so much cooler than some mass-produced thing from Hollister. I’ll go and get it.’ ‘And there we were spending squillions on one from Hollister,’ said Bianca, ‘so uncool. Silly us not to know. I’m not sure about this friendship, Patrick.’ Patrick grinned at her. ‘It won’t last. They’ll probably fall out next term.’ ‘And I really don’t like this thing of giving her cocktails. So” 1 likes
“its romantic embellishments – a” 0 likes