Start by marking “Dead Team Alpha (Dead Team Alpha, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dead Team Alpha (Dead Team Alpha, #1)

Dead Team Alpha

(Dead Team Alpha #1)

In the post-apocalyptic, zombie infested wasteland, there is one beacon of safety in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains: The Stronghold.
For decades, the inhabitants have fortified and defended the Stronghold from zombie hordes, building their society and culture on military precision.
And chosen from the best of the best is Denver Team Alpha. DTA is the elite strike for
Published March 3rd 2014 by Severed Press

To ask other readers questions about Dead Team Alpha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Team Alpha

João  Jorge
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Only hardcore genre fans!
Shelves: action, kindle, zombies
This was a hard book to get through. I think it comes down to the writer and how he seems a bit too focused on his “style” and not on the reader's enjoyment.
The book starts abruptly, with an incredibly large number of characters, presented with little care or thought. The names start pilling up and suddenly you feel a little lost, with no introduction to the world and the plot.
Things only get worse from there when we are introduced to more characters and places and situations with little help
BookLoversLife
Dec 02, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm conflicted with this book and it comes down to 2 different reasons. One being the narrator and the fact that most of his voices sounded the same and the second reason being the characters. There was simply too many and the fact that the narrator wasn't that good, made it all the more harder to follow who was talking at any given time. I honestly couldn't tell you how many characters in total there were nor even can I remember most of their names, I just remember being confused as to how one ...more
David Dalton
The book description caught my eye and the cool cover as well. If you look at all my reviews (here and on Amazon) you will see many many zombie books and just as many special forces/action thrillers. Dead Team Alpha is a good combo of the two.

This book features lots of graphic/gory zombie action....like a good zombie thriller should have. But it also features a group that is even deadlier than the zombies! The opening chapter sets the stage and is one of the creepiest openings I have read in a
RJ
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well into the zombie apocalypse the remaining survivors have relied upon teams of Special Forces warriors to defend them. The beast of these teams is Denver Team Alpha or as they are more affectionately known Dead Team Alpha due to their missions and fatality numbers. The home base for DTA is The Stronghold. DTA and DTB(beta teams) have come across something far more dangerous than the hoards they are used to. Creatures without eyes that have been training for decades to take revenge on the surv ...more
Norma
Mar 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, audio, dystopia, reviewed
( Format : Audiobook )
"Death is coming. Death is coming."
I am an enormous fan of Jake Bible usually, but found this particular book hard going, mostly because of the vast army of characters introduced, often in groups, who then disappeared. The book was an ambitious project to cover the entire attack on the Citadel, built to defend survivors against the roaming zombie population, and it certainly achieves a sense of overwhelming odds against an additional unexpected enemy, but in so doing left m
Michele Heeder
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was great, it is a look at the world 100 years after the Z-day of Z-Burbia. I loved the Z-Burbia series and was so sad when I finished Sister's and had to leave that universe. It was awesome to see what our heroes had wrought for the future. I was blown away by the imaginative enemy that Jake Bible introduced, the Code Monkeys are scarier than Zombies. Just diving into the 2nd DTA book now.
Amie's Book Reviews
 F.C. McAllister does an excellent job of narrating this audiobook. Not once did I wonder which character was speaking. He did an amazing job of creating unique voices for each person in the story. I rate his narration as 5 out of 5 stars.
Rachael Ashak-Benson
Four Stars for the Ending!

The story doesn't come together into something cohesive until about 70% through the book.
Prior to that point many, many characters are thrown at the reader with zero character development. Leaving one to constantly be pulled from the story to figure out who someone is again. This includes the main characters.
Unfortunately what this skimpy character development leads to is zero connection between the reader and the characters. When characters were dying, I had no emoti
Veronica
Mar 31, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: zombies, series-bad
If you have read the Z-Burbia series, you may find yourself picking this book up as well, thinking wow! Here's another chance to read a great Bible novel. Well, you would only be partially correct. There is none of the humor we have come to expect from Bible, but there you will find action. Lots of action as well as some F-bombs. I happen to love F-bombs and think they make a book that much better but I know some of you get your panties all tied up over them. There is also sex. He intertwines se ...more
chucklesthescot
Dec 19, 2015 rated it did not like it
I call this a review but really it is just a few random thoughts about the book because I quit reading it so quickly. It didn't take me long to delete this one off the ereader. Each word out of the character's mouths were f-bombs, foul mouthed swearing or crude sexual references. It was like listening to a bunch of moronic teenage boys yell insults at each other about their mothers and sisters and what fantasies they had about women. It was juvenile and certainly not entertaining. I don't care i ...more
Amy Gregory
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great book

This book isn't like most zombie thrillers. It gives the reader a peek at what the world is like 100 years after a zombie outbreak. Of course there are still Z's everywhere, but in this story there is also a group of people far more dangerous than zombies. The Stronghold is a community of survivors that is strategically put together in order to survive. The teams of trained military personnel are what keep the Stronghold running and safe. This book follows these teams, with Dead Team A
Sheridan Lee
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A glimpse of the future Zburbia -the fight for life is never ending

This is the world created by the Stanfords and their fellow survivors. Zombies are still running around and humanity still has a dark side. Great introduction to the new cast and way of life. Once the action starts you can't put it down.
Jill Roberts
Jul 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Meh...not so great. Interesting if you like military zombie apocalypse stories. I'm more into the non military zombie stories with characters of everyday people. I'm not leaving a 3 star review just because it wasn't my cup of tea, I just don't think it's a 4 star rating regardless.
PJ Lea
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Classic Bible!

A Bible classic. An old position with new enemies, hints back in time about the origins of the Stronghold, and brand new heroes to grab our hearts. Packed full of action and gore, another book I was unable to put down.
Shelly Singhal
Jul 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Decent zombie fiction

This was ok. If you're into zombie fiction, this has the requisite guts and decay. I'm not sure how the zombies survived 100 years without eating, or how their clothes didn't rot off, but those are minor asides. Lots of action.
Jennifer S Bradshaw
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
What readable action!

What readable action!

Kept me interested the whole book. Didn't want to stop reading. All I can say us a definite Zombie must read. Great job Mr. Jake!!
Lori Franklin Hopkins
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really like how Mr. Bible took the zombocalypse and added an extra element! Very interesting, good flow, fast paced for the most part, all of the things you look for in a good zombie novel!
Lisa
Jul 15, 2016
Matthew Parkin
May 31, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Denial Measures (Up From the Depths #1)
  • Renegades (The Colony, #2)
  • Infestation
  • Slaughterhouse (The Retreat, #2)
  • Deathmatch (Arisen #11)
  • Gehenna (West of Hell #1)
  • Cain
  • Bloodshot, Volume 3: Harbinger Wars
  • Destroyer #1
  • Screaming Eagles (The Front, #1)
  • Hive (No Man's Land #1)
  • PRIMAL Inception (Primal #0.5)
  • Maximum Violence (Arisen, #4)
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Southern Comfort
  • Orphan Black #4
  • The Change (Outage #5)
  • Bloodshot Reborn, Volume 1: Colorado
  • We Stand On Guard #2
Jake Bible, Bram Stoker Award nominated-novelist, short story writer, independent screenwriter, podcaster, and inventor of the Drabble Novel, has entertained thousands with his horror, sci/fi, thriller, and adventure tales. He reaches audiences of all ages with his uncanny ability to write a wide range of characters and genres.

Jake is the author of the bestselling Z-Burbia series set in Asheville,

Dead Team Alpha (2 books)
  • Dead Team Alpha 2: The Stronghold (Dead Team Alpha, #2)