Start by marking “Tonight And Forever” as Want to Read:
Tonight And Forever

Tonight And Forever (Madaris Family & Friends #1)

4.41  ·  Rating details ·  1,092 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
Yesterday

After her marriage ends in bitter divorce, all Lorren Jacobs wants is to leave California behind. Returning to her roots in Texas seems to be just what the doctor ordered…until she meets real-life physician Justin Madaris. Lorren has vowed never to give her heart to another man, but she can't stop herself from responding to the handsome widower's sensuous whispers
Published November 13th 2007 by Harlequin Kimani (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Tonight And Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tonight And Forever

The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Jan 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance Lover, Lovers of series Romance, African American Romance
I have finally read the first book in the series Madaris Family by Ms. Jackson. It has been on my TBR Pile for many years now. I have to say that I was in now way disappointed about what greeted me in chapter one or bade me fair-well in the last chapter or the epilogue.

Marriage is no stranger to either Lorren Jacobs, a children's author or the divinely handsome Justin Madaris, general practitioner. One's marriage was filled with pain, mistrust, degradation, spite, and lies. The other had a beaut
Rebeca Martinez
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely amazing!! Ms. Jackson has done it again!! I fell in love with her independent books and couldn't wait to start one of her series and I was not disappointed. From beginning to end I was entranced with Justin and Lorren's love story. This book had just the right amount of love, drama, and pain. The perfect book for anyone that has been hurt in love and not open to finding it again. Trust me, this book will make you believe that love, fate, and soul mates truly exists.
Lady Raven RAVE!
Good Story . Brenda Jackson is turning out to be one of the best romance authors for me and i have been reading romance since i was 14. Keeper you will like this story
Arlena
Title: Tonight and Forever
Author: Brenda Jackson
Publisher: Arabesque
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Series: Madaris Family and Friends #1
Rating: 5
Review:

"Tonight and Forever" by Brenda Jackson...

What was this novel about:

"After her marriage ends in bitter divorce, all Lorren Jacobs wants is to leave California behind. Returning to her roots in Texas seems to be just what the doctor ordered...until she meets real-life physician Justin Madaris. Lorren has vowed never to give her heart to another man, but
The Book Junkie Reads . . .

Bridget
I enjoyed this book so much it's just a simple romance novel, but it was so good. Dr. Justin Madaris was just what Lorren Jacobs needed after ending an abusive marriage and Lorren was just what Justin needed after the loss of his first wife. This was a great love story and my favorite scene was when they were in the car and heard a loud noise and Justin went into action. He went form showing one type of love to Lorren all the way to showing love in the most human and kind capacity. Lovely story.
Karen
Aug 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brenda-jackson
This was an excellent story that touched on healing, fate, trust, insecurities, and moving on to find true love. Dr. Justin Madaris was the perfect person to help Lorren learn to trust and love again after the loss of his wife. Even though she had baggage, he also had to get over losing his beloved Denise in order to hold onto Lorren who he helped to find true love after her divorce from a wicked jerk.
Celeste
Dec 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love is going to last forever

I do not know how I hadn't read Justin and Lorren's story before, however I am grateful that I have now. I truly believe things and people come into your life for a reason, a season and a lifetime. Justin and Lorren's story encompasses two of the three, the reason being healing and the final being a lifetime.
Dorel
Jun 20, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 1st Madaris book I read. The book's storyline was not very hot & steamy, & very predictable. I felt sorry for Lorren & Justin. I love Ms. Jackson books but this one was just okay to read in your free time. I hope the 2nd book in this series is better than this one.
Rebecca
Sensual

Justin and Lorren had sensuality from their first encounter. I loved the chemistry between the two of them. This was a book that made me really feel good and love the Madaris clan. I would highly recommend this book.
Connie
This is a beautiful love story between Justin Madaris, a physician, and Lorren Jacobs, author of children's books. Problem # 1: Lorren's abusive, stalker-like ex-husband. Problem # 2: Justin is still in love with his dead wife, Denise. Will their love be strong enough to overcome their issues?
Thara
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: explicit
Belief in fate and healing of old relationships to build new stronger ones. Justin Madaris has to get over his wife's death ten years ago and Lorren has to get over her feelings of inadequacy in bed because of the lies her ex-husband made her believe.
Chelsea
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
Very touching story. It's amazing to see two people who have emotional baggage, heal one another. Love is a powerful thing and I also believe that fate plays a strong hand in relationships! Great Job BRENDA!!
brittany moore
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an enchanting romance!

Tonight and Forever is such a great read! It definitely makes you believe in love if you don't already. Justin and Loreen overcame so many things to one day become each other's fate. It makes you believe in happily ever after.
Kari
Mar 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
When I bought this book, I thought I was just buying the first book in a series about the Madaris family. I didn't know that it was a romance novel. LOL, anyways, I still really liked it and look forward of reading more of her work in the future.
Beverly Jenkins
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read, another author I am enjoying her work
Gwen
Jan 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting but predictable ending.
Ariana
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book was great but Lorren just annoyed the hell out of me.
Arnissa Burnett
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emotionally awesome.

Great story and very emotional not to mention full of surprises to say the least. I couldn't put it down.
Desiree
This was a nice introduction to the Madaris series. Now I'm torn between reading Dex's story which is #2 in the series or Clayton's which is #3.
Dyannah
Very good, very hot...They kind of went around in circles too much about her being hurt and not realizing that he loved and wanted her, but overall it was very good.
Shanae
Apr 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story was so nice to read. Good characters and an interesting plot. I wish Scott had the chance to do more dirty work but these stories are always so short.
Tonya Harrison
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book!!!!!
Tawn
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first Brenda Jackson book. I love her writing style . Couldn't put it down ....
Stanjay Daniels
Jan 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quintessential love story! 4 stars! The storyline was very nice and the characters were realistic and relatable.
Christen
Very sweet and heartfelt book, but also extremely predictable (and at times pretty cheesy). Overall a good read
Chynared21
Jan 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another hit in the Madaris family saga from Brenda Jackson.
T'Laina D.
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a great read. I enjoyed it lots. Things occurring in this book really occur in life.
Che
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfection

I love this story! I felt like these characters were my friends and family. I adore Lorren, Syneda, Justin and Clayton. I can't wait to explore more of the Madaris Family stories.
Natasha Russell
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read!

This book was great! I enjoy Brenda Jackson books. Especially on this family! There is always so much passion on each page!
  • Hidden Agenda (Hideaway Legacy #2)
  • King's Passion (House of Kings, #1)
  • Heart of the Falcon
  • A Valentine Kiss: Cupids Bow\Made In Heaven\Matchmaker
  • Big Girls Don't Cry
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom
More about Brenda Jackson...

Madaris Family & Friends (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Cupid's Bow (Madaris Family & Friends, #1.5)
  • Whispered Promises