Start by marking “Peanut Goes to School (Elder Races, #6.7)” as Want to Read:
Peanut Goes to School (Elder Races, #6.7)

Peanut Goes to School

(Elder Races #6.7)

This is a short story intended for readers of the Elder Races who enjoy Liam Cuelebre, aka Peanut, as a character.

Dragos Cuelebre is no longer the only dragon.

Dragos’s son Liam Cuelebre (aka Peanut) is springing into existence, reminiscent of the first of the Elder Races who were born at the beginning of the world. At just six months of age, he has already grown to the si
Published June 30th 2014 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Peanut Goes to School, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peanut Goes to School

Start your review of Peanut Goes to School (Elder Races, #6.7)
Sophia Triad
Dragos and his family - STORY 3

Liam Cuelebre, i.e.
little Peanut,
Dragos' son,
the second dragon on earth,
the youngest dragon on earth,
the most adorable little white dragon

is growing up really fast. He is only 6 months and he looks and behaves like he is a 5 year old boy.
It is not easy to adapt to the changes so fast. School can help but it has its difficulties.

There were some bad boys at school. I made one of them cry, and I scared the other one pretty good. And I meant to. I ... like
Alex is The Romance Fox
 photo download202_zps7gfmk9y2.jpg
Peanut aka Liam has become one of my favorite characters in the fabulous Elder Race Series by Thea Harrison. He's such an enchanting character. I have fallen totally and irrevocably in love with Peanut!!

Peanut Goes to School (#6,7 ) is a very short story - not exactly a novella - giving us a quick look into the lives of the Cuelebre family and the first days of school for Liam. This is also the last book in the Cuelebre family Trilogy.

I loved getting the perspectives from Dragos, Pia
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
As we know from the last book, Pia Saves the Day, Liam is growing up and with that comes new responsibilities. One of which is going to school.

I really enjoy Liam! He's so funny and intriguing...you never know what he's going to do next and that keeps things fresh.

I also liked that we got some more insight on how Dragos is doing and even though I would have liked more of him and Pia together, I loved seeing them as parents and their interactions with Peanut. Some of those scenes were very emoti
Georgia ♥
Another short story by Thea Harrison in her Elder Races series.

This one follows the misadventures of our little Peanut, Pia and Dragos's mischievous and too-powerful-for-his-skin son as he grows up too quickly, goes to school and has to learn to control his dragon urges.

Sweet, or I have to say a little bittersweet as I felt that this is a child that will miss his childhood all too soon. Also funny and emotional, it was a pleasure seeing my favourite couple act as parents and defend their young.

description
Elizabeth H.
Pia, Dragos and Liam are my favorite characters in the Elder Races series. I have been in Heaven gobbling up all these novellas showcasing snippets of their lives. And now we get to read about Peanut aka Liam. He is growing up so fast! It’s sad to see it because I feel like we are missing out on some milestones but it is also exciting to see how the accelerated growth has affected him and everyone else.

“Hi, my name is Cuelebre, Liam Cuelebre. My code name is Double Oh Peanut, but you can call m
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
5 Baby Dragon Stars!!

O.M.G!!!! I Looooved this Novella! Liam aka Peanut is in reality only six months old but because of his mixed Wyr he is the size of a five year old. Dragos and Pia are concerned that he has no interaction with other children as he's surrounded by adults so they decide to enroll him in kindergarten even though his academics and maturity are way beyond kindergarten aged children. Liam instantly makes enemies when he sticks up for a human child being bullied by three Wyr ch
Stacie
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sweet, sweet Liam is a baby badass! I loved it. Can't wait to see Liam all grown up. Very nice (short story) addition to the series.

Favorite lines in the story:

“Hey, would you like to be my girlfriend for a couple of days?”A startled wash of color stained her pale cheeks. She stared at him. “Only for a couple of days?”He had forgotten—she didn’t know who he really was, or anything about him. “Or maybe a week. It’s kind of hard to explain,”he told her. “I’m not going to be a kid for very long, s
Beth
Jun 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I don't know how Thea Harrison is going to top this book. A novella that left me wanting more, Peanut Goes to School was utterly enchanting.

Liam (Peanut) has been growing and maturing at an exponential rate. In the past 6 months, he's progressed to the size of a first grader and has a genius intelligence. Worried for his social development Dragos and Pia send Liam to school.

Liam is faced with extremely difficult social situations. We get to watch his the story unfold from mostly his perspective
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
After being pissed off by this book's (book are living beings and thus can claim the "'s" of ownership dammit) predecessor, I feel mildly better after this little tidbit.

description

Emphasis on "mildly."
Ferdy
Wasn't impressed with this, it was too sickly sweet and after school special for my liking. Liam was over the top precocious and too much of a speshul snowflake to be likeable… The whole six months old but looked like a six year old and had the potential intelligence/power of an adult and the emotions of a speshul snowflake made him and his story insufferable.
Kathleen
I rapidly read three books featuring Dragos, Pia, and their young dragon-shifter son. This book is not really a romance, but I fell in love with young Liam (Peanut) all the same. Heartwarming interactions with his parents. Fairly credible schoolyard scenarios. Funny yet poignant and suspenseful. Fairly decent dialogue among kids. An enjoyable short story!
Kelly
Good gravy, I love this family. From Dragos's fierce personality to Pia's more gentle approach to getting things done to Liam's inquisitive nature. They just work for me. I adore their interactions and the way they band together when needed.

While the Cuelebres fascinate me as a whole, this is Liam's story and I really do love the way he looks at life and all the various experiences he has. He's not like other children and Pia and Dragos don't have a guidebook on how to make his life "normal," bu
Laura (Kyahgirl)
5/5; 5 stars; A+

Ok, maybe I'm biased but I just love the Peanut. This story was such a great peek into Liam's character and to Pia and Dragos doing what the rest of us have to do when they send their kids to school....deal with the unexpected. Of course, being Elder Races, their 'unexpected' is pretty spectacular compared to ours but it was still believable as "kid gets into trouble at school and parents get called in to discuss it". Fun.
Lady Jaye
Am I the only one who does not see this as realistic- a six-month old who is the size of a 5-year old? I bought Liam being the size of a 6-month old when he was actually 3 months. It made sense as part of his precocious nature. But this jump- I just don't think it is feasible; it requires too great a suspension of disbelief. But we'll see how Ms. Harrison works it out.
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
I went into this expecting the issues with Dragos' memory to be resolved but they weren't really.He still has gaps in his memory and asvsuch things are pretty much stand still. While this was disappointing this novella focuses mostly on the adorableness of Peanut as he starts school and develops his own personality. It's a lovely way to give fans an insight into life after the hfn ending. I enjoyed it and can definitely see the strong, thoughtful,protective dragon that Peanut will be,and he's al ...more
Sana Zameer
I love the Cuelebre family and Liam is so adorable!
Mareli
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Little strong dragons grow!
Shauni
Originally reviewed for Bodice Rippers, Femme Fatales and Fantasy.

What a delightful treat!! Thea Harrison has written this wonderful three novella series about the Celebrue family. Each book is more of a short story than even a novella but it shares a peak into the lives of the Wyr family we love most.

Peanut Goes to School is the last of the series and yes it's about Peanut.. and yes he goes to school.. but it's more about learning to accept your differences, developing your strengths and standi
Jen Davis
Jul 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
If an author were to approach me and ask me if I’d like to read a 55 page book about a fast-growing 6-month old shifter-baby attending his first day of school, I would say no without a moment’s hesitation. Unless that author was Thea Harrison and that baby was Liam Cuelebre. Not only would I gleefully accept, I would walk away with a sweet and satisfying story that left me even more enamored of a series that I already loved like chocolate.

The story is exactly as advertised. Little Liam (aka Pean
Heller
Mar 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, pnr
Must be read in context with the other Elder Races stories to make sense and I did miss the previous story Pia Saves the Day so I had to piece a few things together.

Liam, the child of Pia and Dragos, has always been a favourite and of all the beings in the Elder Races his parents are the ones I want to read more stories about because I love them and their little family.

It's an interesting story told by Liam's POV, he's only six months old but due to his uniqueness he's aging fast and looks abou
☀️*•*•*☀️CoNnOrBeLl☀️*•*•*☀️
 photo 165268461_zpscg0ospwm.gif

This was a great short story about Liam—a.k.a. Peanut he is my favorite character from the series I what more of him NOW. I love how Pia and Dragos is with Liam they are great parents.

My favorite part of the book is how Liam handled his awful new teacher and the bully's he put them in there places. And he got a little girlfriend out all that hard work sooo cute.

WISH IT WAS LONGER.
Cheesecake
This was just plain sweet. I loved the peek into the HEA of Pia and Dragos (and peanut). Speaking also, as someone who had a hard time in elementary school, I almost felt like I'd been championed by little (or not so little) Peanut. And, looking at it from Pia's point of view, as I have fairly recently, I could totally feel for her take on it all. I felt like the author has a really good grasp of what it was like being that age. No annoyingly cute kids that are just there to further the plot in ...more
Holly
I love Liam, aka Peanut, Pia and Dragos' son. He's fast becoming one of my favorite characters in this series.

This novella focuses on his first trip to school, and much of it is told from his point-of-view. I loved it.
namericanwordcat
Such a lovely gift of a story for fans of the Elder Races Series.

Peanut is growing up fast and going to school. This is a lovely peek into Pia and Dragos married life told in the charming voice of their son. A must for any lover of this series.
Coyora Dokusho
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Read 2 times

I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally liked it! Peanut is soooooo cute. I'm sorry for Pia that he grows up so fast though. But he's so adorable!!!
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
Cute, short, sweet. Almost entirely from Liam's POV.
CC
Oct 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Cute but just ok. Not bad, but could have been better.

Kathy Davie
Jul 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
This very short story is 6.7 in the Elder Races paranormal romance series, and the third in the Peanut internal trilogy. The focus is back on Peanut, and he's definitely picking up on his parents' morals.

Normally, I'd give this a "3", but I love the message Harrison is sending in this…so, I'm a sucker for child empowerment…

My Take
It's a bit stiff, but a lot of fun to read. It's all the crummy bits of school rolled into one day for Liam, and you can immediately tell that he's not putting up with
peanut goes to school waiting for it 3 38 Aug 02, 2014 05:46AM

• Knives and Sheaths (Guild Hunter, #5.5)
  • A Wedding Breakfast (Guild Hunter, #5.1)
  • Stroke of Midnight (Midnight Breed #13.5)
  • The Lightning God's Wife (Master of Crows, #1.2)
  • Movie Night (Psy-Changeling, #5.7)
  • Marked by Midnight (Midnight Breed #11.5)
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • Midnight Untamed (Midnight Breed, #14.5)
  • Fear the Darkness (Dark-Hunterverse #11.5)
  • Overtaken: Bonus Epilogue (The Warrior  Chronicles, #6.1)
  • What a Dragon Should Know (Dragon Kin, #3)
  • Declaration of Courtship (Psy-Changeling, #9.5)
  • Primal (Breeds, #16.5; Feline Breeds, #14; Ghostland World, #3.5; Nightshade, #1.5)
  • A Touch of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #0.5)
  • Archangel's Enigma (Guild Hunter, #8)
  • il fuoco di Rylin (Un Roman di Dracol Vol. 1)
  • To Caress a Demon's Soul (Love and Magic, #1.5)
  • Chase the Darkness (Alpha Pack, #7)
I write paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and other stuff. I taught myself to read when I was four. That was around the time I tried to ride my tricycle to work. I wasn't sure where work was, but I knew it had to be interesting if people went there every day. Now I combine my love of books with work, and I don't have to ride my tricycle to get there. My Elder Races series began May, 2011. You can ...more

Elder Races (9 books)
  • Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1)
  • Storm's Heart (Elder Races, #2)
  • Serpent's Kiss (Elder Races, #3)
  • Oracle's Moon (Elder Races, #4)
  • Lord's Fall (Elder Races, #5)
  • Kinked (Elder Races, #6)
  • Night's Honor (Elder Races, #7)
  • Midnight's Kiss (Elder Races, #8)
  • Shadow's End (Elder Races, #9)