Start by marking “Pia Saves the Day (Elder Races, #6.6)” as Want to Read:
Pia Saves the Day (Elder Races, #6.6)

Pia Saves the Day

(Elder Races #6.6)

In the latest story of the Elder Races, two mates face their deadliest challenge yet—each other…

Pia and Dragos’s magical young son Liam (the Peanut), is growing at an unprecedented rate, and if that isn’t enough, he is also exhibiting new, and unpredictable, magical gifts. To protect him, the concerned parents decide to move to upstate New York.

Both Dragos and Pia relish t
Published June 23rd 2014 by Smashwords Edition (first published June 18th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Pia Saves the Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pia Saves the Day

Start your review of Pia Saves the Day (Elder Races, #6.6)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
3 Loved it, Then Hated it Stars

How to start, how to start this rant review...

description

First of all, let's get one thing out of the way before I even get started.

This book cover?

Fucking. Heinous.

HEINOUS, I say.

I'm sorrynotsorry, but I do NOT picture Pia as a somewhat unfortunate looking knock-kneed butt-less wonder with a 1980's haircut.

description

Hey Fake Cover Pia, the 80's called and they want their acid wash jean shorts back.

But wait you say, 80's fashion is hip again!

I don't care.

If current teenage selfie ta
Sophia Triad
Dragos and his family - STORY 2

The story in which Dragos is at his weakest and Pia needs to remind him who is his most valuable treasure.

"I brought you gifts."
Gifts?
Nobody brought the dragon gifts.
The very idea was laughable.

There has been a terrible explosion and Dragos, the most poweful being on Earth, will have to strangle to recover.
This short story is all about Pia and Dragos and the power of their love.
I honestly cried in the end.
Esra
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: can-not-wait

yorum gelecek
Blacky *Romance Addict*

This was beautiful!
Peanut is just the sweetest EVER <3 <3 <3
Alex is The Romance Fox
Pia Saves the Day is #6.6 book in Thea Harrison's Elder Races Series and continues just after the ending of previous novella, Dragos Takes a Holiday.

Dragos and Pia have decided to move to a home in upstate New York to have a large place where Liam can enjoy growing up with space and safety.

Dragos is trying to deal with the lose of his memory during his treasure hunt trip and Pia is there for him......hell, he's become even more ferocious...can Pia handle this awesome dragon!!!!
 photo tumblr_n7k5tmh2yg1s6bxzqo2_500_zpse7kzpk2v.gif
“Sh
Somia
Jul 31, 2020 rated it liked it
I love Pia and Dragos, and was looking forward to delving into this, but honestly the title is a bit of a fib, implying more drama and intensity than actually occurs. This little novella is on the sweet side, whilst it didn't have me sinking into the sofa in delight, the novella was one I was enjoying, until the blasted ending - that just made me frown.

The ending had me flipping back and forth to see if a page or two would miraculously appear - it was abrupt and not the ending I was hoping for.
Georgia ♥
Pia races to make Dragos remember as a tragic accident stole his memories. Hot scenes, emotional moments and some of our favourite characters are back to make an appearance!

Short, sweet and a great reminder that Pia and her Dragon of a husband is one of my favourite couples!

Ferdy
Enjoyable enough, though a little tropey and cliche with Dragos's whole amnesia and Pia's Mary Sue response to it all.
I didn't like Peanut/Liam or whatever his name was, his character was far too cutesy and precocious, he came across as a spoilt little know-it-all brat. I hope he never gets his own full length novel, he's already insufferable enough, despite only being a few months old.
Stacie
4 3/4 "You're in my bones" Stars!

I absolutely freaking loved this little beauty. It shows off Dragos' true nature and how truly connected he and Pia are. Also, that little guy Liam is so cool. So, why the quarter star off? I don't exactly love the position Dragos is in at the end of the book. Dragons and vulnerable don't go together. But I'm still 5 staring it because I loved all the rest of the story and I have faith that this situation will soon be resolved. Fantastic addition to the series! H
Beth
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Can true love overcome amnesia?

Harrison once again amazes with this dazzling novella length story...and boy does it pack a punch. We are pulled through the gambit of emotions as Pia tries to reconnect to the man she loves. There is no other way to describe Harrison's writing but to say it is magical. Her purely fictional, shape shifting characters jump off the page and climb right into your heart.

I can't wait to see where we will be taken next...talk is we are heading to 1st grade with Peanut.
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4.5 ★'s

Pia and Dragos have decided they need to build a home for Peanut out in the country and it's there that Dragos gets hurt...badly. He immediately converts to his dragon self and takes off after almost killing Pia. Naturally, Pia takes off after him.

I have loved Pia and Dragos since the first book and with each and every book after, I enjoy them more and more. TH keeps things lively, entertaining and endearing, not to mention hot, hot, HOT!

Dragos doesn't remember Pia and while that was h
Mitticus

Stop. Rewind.
Even amnesia can't stop true lust luv?

At the core of his ancient, cynical heart, he was an acquisitive creature, after all.

(view spoiler)
Lanie (Lanies Book Thoughts)
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: b2r
This was an interesting little novella that really put a spin on things in the Elder Races world. As the synopsis says, Dragos and Pia are pitted against each other almost in a battle of the wills for a short period of time. Unlike the usual cool an collected Dragos we're use to we get to meet the more primitive side of this guy which throws Pia for a loop. There's also mention of Liam in this book, he really kinda becomes the motivating factor between this couple to work out their differences. ...more
Komal
Jun 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Another quick, sweet glimpse into the life of Dragos & Pia, though entirely too short. It was interesting to see how amnesia affected the always strong & reliable Dragos. And Harrison depicted an overlooked consequence of amnesia that some sufferers might experience- building a life on the foundations of the old you, a person that you don't remember but definitely existed based on the memories of the people you loved. ...more
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
4.5 Stars

Another fantastic addition to the Elder Races series!! It would have been a five star read had it not ended so abruptly, and it definitely had loose ends, that will hopefully be addressed in future books in the series.
Kathleen
Dec 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Poor little Peanut. So brave. Good story, calling on courage from Peanut and Pia when daddy goes bat shit crazy.
Mareli
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For a novella it had a very strong plot. Something bad happens to Dragos and there are consequences.
Marta Cox
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review

First I must start by stating that I adore the Elder Races series and these short novellas just leave me hungry for more! This world filled with magical creatures straight out of dreams ( and nightmares!) just pulls me in and I so want a dragon of my own! Dragos is the ultimate hero, powerful, strong, demanding and yet filled with passion and goodness. He has had millennia to grow bored with life and yet his avaricious nature has kept him hunting. Now mated to Pia his world is filled with
Tori
Jun 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Originally posted at http://smexybooks.com/2014/06/review-...

Favorite Quote: “See me. Choose me.”

Pia Saves The Day is the second novella in the Elder Races series that revisits our favorite couple Dragos and Pia Cuelebre. Short but fulfilling, Harrison takes the reader through an array of emotion as she introduces some serious conflict into our couple’s lives. Fans of Dragon Bound will appreciate this sweet romantic story that shows us that no matter what is thrown Pia and Dragos’ way, this coup
Jen Davis
Jun 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
This novella absolutely hit the spot. Thea Harrison somehow managed to take a longtime couple and make their story feel new again. That’s no small feat after two full length novels and an earlier novella already devoted to them. They’re married. They have a baby. Yet they are still sexy and with the progression of this story, we got to watch them fall in love all over again.

As the story begins, Pia and Dragos are settling into their new home with the baby, but there is still work to be done befo
Douglas Meeks
Jun 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
The story of Pia and Dragos was the one that started this series and this novella was a bit of a surprise.

The basic premise here is that Dragos has suffered a traumatic injury while in his human form which has left him with his memory damaged and he is more dragon than thinking being.

The title does describe the story quite well because we see a much deeper and resilient Tia than ever before and you will have more respect for her character after this. She take on Dragos recovery as a mission for
Elizabeth
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I suspected the story would cause me to cry and it did.

Meeting up with Pia, Dragos and Liam is always a pleasure and this was no exception. The characters remained true to themselves throughout the story.

Can't really say too much without spoiling the story. Just that there's a lot of story crammed into 10 chapters and then, fortunately, only a short wait until Liam's adventure.

cross-posted amazon, goodreads
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
The one absolutely constant thing in this series has been the intense connection between Pia and Dragos,their Love literally lept off the pages so when faced with this short novella I cried like a baby.The amnesia traumatized me just as much as Pia!!! and it ended abruptly!!!!!
Moving on to the next where hopefully this situation is cleared up, I need the Dragos and Pia connection reestablished stat!
Sylvia
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love Pia and Dragos! Always happy to read stories about their life together.

(view spoiler) I also love how deftly Thea writes the dragon's POV and describes him. Dangerous, amusing, and darkly sexy in his own way.
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
The ending ruined this. I'm agreeing with Val on this, it's just not right how the author concluded this. I hate it. It was great & sweet until the end and the real lack of anything being fixed. I guess the author decided things were too happy & perfect for Pia and Dragos, so she had to throw a monkey wrench into the world and melt it into the gears, no simple fix available. So sucky. ...more
Cheesecake
This was so heart-wrenching for a short story. I was totally absorbed from the beginning and just couldn't put it down. Only a talented author like Thea Harrison could take on a head injury with the sensitivity and realism it deserves.
Laura (Kyahgirl)
4/5; 4 stars; A-

A crisis allows us to to see Pia and Dragos interact at the most fundamental level of their relationship. A sweet novella that gives some new insights into their characters.
Lady Heather
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: paranormal romance, elder races series
This is the second novella in Thea Harrison's "Elder Races Summer Series". The first being Dragos Takes a Holiday.

When an unfortunate accident buries Dragos in a cave-in, he emerges from the rubble with a huge gash on his head, in full dragon form... and with no knowledge of anything or anyone. Not even his mate Pia.

Dragos has regressed to his dragon, to the point of when Pia approaches to comfort him and check his injures he snaps at her, and breathes fire at everyone at the site. He then takes
Kathy Davie
A short story, 6.6, in the Elder Races paranormal romance series and revolving around the Wyr and its dominant shapeshifters. This particular short story is part of a short-story trilogy that focuses on family life with the Peanut, even though this one is more about Pia and Dragos.

My Take
The official description/summary of "Pia Saves the Day" is actually more dramatic than the story. It had potential for being tension and drama, but Harrison didn't go there. Instead, it's sweet enough, and more
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Thea Harrison yet again takes her readers on a new adventure. In this Novella, readers are reminded who Dragos and Pia are. As they continue their move away from the city, an unfortunate incident occurs. Dragos gets amnesia and forgets everyone who are important in his life, Pia and Peanut included. Just like in the beginning, Pia will have to bring out everything she has to win her man back.

Ms. Harrison really does remind you of who Dragos and Pia are and why you loved them so much. For me,

• Knives and Sheaths (Guild Hunter, #5.5)
  • Jacopo salva il Natale
  • Archangel's Enigma (Guild Hunter, #8)
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • Twilight Phantasies (Wings in the Night, #1)
  • A Wedding Breakfast (Guild Hunter, #5.1)
  • Everlasting Bad Boys (Dragon Kin, #0.1)
  • Twilight Memories (Wings in the Night, #2)
  • What a Dragon Should Know (Dragon Kin, #3)
  • Last Dragon Standing (Dragon Kin, #4)
  • Overtaken: Bonus Epilogue (The Warrior  Chronicles, #6.1)
  • Blaze (Dark in You, #2)
  • Stroke of Midnight (Midnight Breed #13.5)
  • Black Moon (Alpha Pack, #3)
  • Tempted by Midnight (Midnight Breed, #12.5)
  • Fear the Darkness (Dark-Hunterverse #11.5)
  • Vita privata e abitudini di accoppiamento del vampiro newyorkese (The New Little Black Chronicles)
  • Shadows (Dark in You, #5)
I write paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and other stuff. I taught myself to read when I was four. That was around the time I tried to ride my tricycle to work. I wasn't sure where work was, but I knew it had to be interesting if people went there every day. Now I combine my love of books with work, and I don't have to ride my tricycle to get there. My Elder Races series began May, 2011. You can ...more

Elder Races (9 books)
  • Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1)
  • Storm's Heart (Elder Races, #2)
  • Serpent's Kiss (Elder Races, #3)
  • Oracle's Moon (Elder Races, #4)
  • Lord's Fall (Elder Races, #5)
  • Kinked (Elder Races, #6)
  • Night's Honor (Elder Races, #7)
  • Midnight's Kiss (Elder Races, #8)
  • Shadow's End (Elder Races, #9)