Start by marking “Monday Morning Leadership: 8 Mentoring Sessions You Can't Afford to Miss” as Want to Read:
Monday Morning Leadership: 8 Mentoring Sessions You Can't Afford to Miss

Monday Morning Leadership: 8 Mentoring Sessions You Can't Afford to Miss

Monday Morning Leadership is a story that can help your career! Everyone likes a good story, especially if there are lessons that can be immmediately applied to life. This book is one of those stories - about a manager and his mentor. It offers unique encouragement and direction that will help you become a better manager, employee, and person.
Published November 12th 2002 by Cornerstone Leadership Institute (first published November 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Monday Morning Leadership, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monday Morning Leadership

Start your review of Monday Morning Leadership: 8 Mentoring Sessions You Can't Afford to Miss
Omar Halabieh
Jul 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book tells the story of Jeff – a manager who wishes to improve his professional career and seeks the aid of a mentor – Tony Pearce. The consequent 8 Monday morning mentoring sessions are retold in this book.

A very easy, enjoyable and educative read, full of management/leadership gems. Highly recommended.

Below are the key learnings – as excerpted from the book:

1- “Be A Driver – Until you accept total responsibility – no matter what – you will not be able t
Paige Berblinger
Mar 28, 2019 rated it liked it
This book is a quick read with good principles. There is not a whole lot of depth but it’s a great starting point for anyone wanting to improve their leadership qualities. The story itself was interesting and kept me engaged throughout the book.
Waco Glennon
Oct 16, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was required reading for a leadership program of which I am a participant. This program, which will take place over a year's time includes four "book clubs." This is the second book we have read.

I like this book. It is told as a series of conversations between a young manager, who is experiencing his first spot of trouble, and a veteran mentor. I am reminded of the quote assigned to Albert Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.” The lessons given b
Moseray Smart
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book gives a great insight on self-awareness and honest self-assessment. Excuses do not produce results, only unnecessary explanations.
Kathy Schnure
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this book to be very interesting and a fast read. This book was a pleasure to read and I am looking forward to trying the ideas.
Sai
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
100 pages of pure gold for anyone who works with others! There are many nuggets you can take and apply right away...not just at work but in how you prioritize things at home as well. This is a keeper!
JJ
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
It's interesting that such a small book can pack some pretty powerful business and leadership lessons. While the examples are a bit redundant, the presentation of the 8 lessons was well done. I finished the book with a different perspective and insight on leadership. Also, I gained several tips that will help me fine tune my day so that I am more effective at my job. A definite must read for those just embarking on their career and also a great refresher course for those that may be stuck.
Naresh Tanna
Jun 01, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone
Quick Read---took me one night and it taught me alot regarding proactive leadership...DEFINITELY read this if you feel like you could grow as a leader or just want some mojo. Will make you into a better manager if anything.

Fahad
Jun 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-books
This is one of those essentials to those who need to be figureheads and in control of their own life. Its a rudimentary step towards learning how to be a good leader and manager.

Very short, easy reading and yet very insightful with a powerful message.
Fr. Mark
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book on leadership

Very practical, simple to grasp, and immediately applicable. I'd recommend it to anyone starting a managing position or (in my case) priests starting to be administrators...
Mary
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An amazing book in which the author gives us precious lessons in leadership and management throughout a story of a company manager Jeff. A very practical book, easy to grasp and with many applicable advices for different situations in leading.

When things were not going well for Jeff he took the courage to call Tony Pearce, his fathers best friend for his advice. Tony was a wise, respected and a highly sought-after speaker and mentor.
Tony said that he would be honored to h
Brandon Redfern
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The cover is dated and looks like it was done in the 20’s. And really the only reason I decided to read it was it was given to me. Boy am I glad I did! I read a lot of leadership books and although none of the ideas were original nor did it go real deep, I’m not sure if I’ve seen an author use analogies so effectively. He takes a few leadership lessons and really simplifies them, making it easier to translate in one’s own mind and to help leaders articulate ideas in a more useful way. This is a ...more
Blair
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Quick and easy, but a very impactful read for managers and leaders! I loved this book and will keep it in my office to reference it throughout my career. The book is very much to the point which keeps the "main things" (one of the concepts in the book) at the forefront of the read. Highly recommend as an introductory read for new managers and leaders or as a refresher for those who have been in leadership for years.
Jessica
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A team is always a reflection of their manager. This book provides solid, digestible pieces of leadership direction that lead to tangible results. Plain spoken and told through a the simple narrative of Jeff, a struggling manager and Tony, his mentor, the reader gets a front row seat to steps they can make to become a better leader and employee.

A must read for those discouraged or looking for a way to inject changes for their team.
Daniel Wagner
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I normally go for more in depth books but I have to love how simple this is. Every new manager should read this book, they can do it in one or two evenings. Like the book suggests, it doesn't have all of the answers but it can help make someone a good manager and point them in the right direction on where they might need more work.
Jaime
May 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Quick read, recommended by a colleague. Very much entrenched in the paradigm of how to "be a good manager" and "succeed" inside a for-profit organization, and therefore not my personal jam, but the core lessons are fine/universal: don't ignore people, ask yourself why you do the things you do, and change the things that make you less kind or more ignorant.
Lacey DeNisco
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding book...great insights

- nuggets of knowledge and wisdom that I can begin practicing right now! I would recommend this to anyone who feels like their work life is out of control.
Leon Fairley
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Easy to read and quick. Good observations on some back to basics leadership strengths. The Chapter titles are the lesson and the chapter puts it in action. Each chapter finishes with a recap that could serve as abstract for leadership.
S.E. Gregory
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an excellent read. Short and concise, it is filled with great information and can be devoured in an afternoon. There were a lot of takeaways and I see my future self coming back to reread it much like Drive by Daniel Pink and Crucial Conversations. Highly recommended.
Nelma Magalhães
Regreat I took so long to pick it up and read

Objective, Simple those are the best words to describe it.
It was a great option to read and it's one of my 12 books of non-fiction of this year. Thank you.
Leah Closson
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
A simple, fast read that had some really good info. same shit but well said.
Matthew Lambert
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a quick read and easy to understand. I loved how the conversational style allowed the leadership lessons to flow flawlessly.
Brad
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Super short read. Pretty basic concepts, but good to know I guess.
Becca
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Studied over several months for a year-long seminar for work.
Daniel
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick and Actionable tips for managers and leaders.

A must-read if you lead teams within your company.

Lisa
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
My mentor suggested I read this. Good info and inspirational.
Algirdas
Shelves: nonfiction-read
liked the star analogy.
Mark Woodard
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Monday Morning Leadership provides a concise, insightful look at key leadership principles and practices for anyone heading of team, no matter the industry or setting.
Calli McNeff
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great, quick read on how to be an effective leader.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Chapters 7 & 8 1 1 May 07, 2019 05:53AM
Chapters 5 & 6 3 3 May 06, 2019 08:02AM

• Monday Morning Leadership for Women
  • HCSB: Holman Christian Standard Bible
  • The Power of Positive Leadership: How and Why Positive Leaders Transform Teams and Organizations and Change the World
  • El hilo rojo: La novela que inspiró la película
  • APP ESCAPE PLAN. How to make money, achieve freedom, and get your life back (Chocolate Lab Apps iPhone App Development)
  • Simon's Cat (Simon's Cat, #1)
  • America's Cheapest Family Gets You Right on the Money: Your Guide to Living Better, Spending Less, and Cashing in on Your Dreams
  • Once-A-Month Cooking Family Favorites: More Great Recipes That Save You Time and Money from the Inventors of the Ultimate Do-Ahead Dinnerti
  • Cake Wrecks: When Professional Cakes Go Hilariously Wrong
  • 50 Popular Beliefs That People Think Are True (50 Series, #2)
  • Make-a-mix Cookery
  • The Next Millionaire Next Door: Enduring Strategies for Building Wealth
  • The Vampire Bunny (Bunnicula and Friends, #1)
  • Awkward Family Photos
  • The Singularity is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology
  • The Far Side Gallery
  • الدمية بوبو
  • حلاوة القهوة في مرارتها

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
“You learn more by reading more. I'm living proof that the more you learn, the more you earn.” 4 likes
“if you want to be extraordinary, the first thing you have to do is stop being ordinary.” 0 likes