Start by marking “For the Love of a Lush (Lush, #2)” as Want to Read:
For the Love of a Lush (Lush, #2)

For the Love of a Lush (Lush #2)

Six months ago, Walsh Clark was the drummer of America’s hottest rock sensation, Lush. Now he’s living at the Double A Ranch in north Texas, home to cows, cowboys, and lushes—like him. He’s survived alcoholism, rehab, and the breakup of his band. But the one thing Walsh might not survive is the return of his ex fiancée Tammy DiLorenzo.

Tammy and Walsh met at fourteen, and
Published May 2014 by C.P. Writes, LLC (first published April 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about For the Love of a Lush, please sign up.

Maddy This book and "Loving a Lush" are the same book, I'm not sure why it's listed under a different name on goodreads as it is on the actual book.

♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥
Jun 16, 2014 ♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥ rated it really liked it
4 stars!

I got hooked on this series after reading A Lush Betrayal. I didn't like Tammy at all in A Lush Betrayal but I did pity her. So I really have no idea how I'll react to her in this book.

Fortunately, I ended up liking this book and liking Tammy as well. And Walsh, of course. I still liked the first book better though because Mel's character is more relatable to me but other than, the all the emotions I felt reading the first book is still there.

I thoroughly enjoyed Walsh even more. He's
Danielle
Apr 20, 2014 Danielle rated it it was amazing
5 AMAZING STARS!!!

This book picks up where A Lush Betrayal left off. Walsh, former drummer for Lush, is living at the Double A Ranch and taking life one day at a time now that his music career seems to be over. He is focusing on working hard and staying sober. Tammy shows up at the Ranch to see if Walsh is willing to give her another try. Walsh doesn't know that he can go back down that path with Tammy but admits that he still loves her, so she decides to stick around.

Walsh is struggling with h
Jamie Raintree
Apr 30, 2014 Jamie Raintree rated it it was amazing
I don't know how Laurence does it, but she just gets better every time. One thing that continually impresses me about the author is her deep understanding of human nature and the way she finds just the right words to convey it on paper. She always find a way to tackle the tough issues with grace and understanding.

It was great to see my favorite characters back in action again and Walsh is my new favorite hero! The heartbreak between Walsh and Tammy is so real it had me tearing up right along wit
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
***ARC PROVIDED IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***

This was an amazing book about two broken people trying to recover, heal, and move on with their lives. This book deals with some seriously hard issues and readers should caution themselves before reading it. With that said, I loved this book. I loved the way the author handled these delicate issues because so many people face them every day.

When we met Walsh and Tammy in book one, it seemed as though while they were facing demons, they would ma
Melissa
May 29, 2014 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Sad. Heartbreaking. Loving. Sweet. Swoon Worthy. Sexy.

This book picks up right where A Lush Betrayal ended. Joss and Mel's story was great, but I LOVED Tammy and Walsh's even more! I couldn't tear myself away from this book. I'm in awe of their love.

Tammy and Walsh, the drummer for Lush, have been in love since they were 14. She's always felt like part of the band, right along with the guys, because she's been there from the beginning and now helps manage them. It was a devastating blow to eve
Mary Mooney
Mar 28, 2014 Mary Mooney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought A Lush Betrayal (Lush #1)with Joss was bad on my heart and emotions but I was wrong. Walsh has my head spinning and this ride is worse than any roller coaster. But well worth it. After the betrayal of Joss and Tammy, Walsh leaves, them and the band. He goes to a ranch in Texas for recovering alcoholics. Mike follows him, a band member that wants to be there if he needs a friend. Walsh seems to be doing OK until Tammy shows up and he falls even further into despair. Can he make Tammy se ...more
Emma Harris
May 09, 2014 Emma Harris rated it it was amazing
5 Glowing Stars!!

Selena Laurence does it again - Hold onto your heart strings ladies!!

Being part of Selena's fantastic street team I received an ARC of this book I couldn't wait to get started on it.

This is Walsh & Tammy's story. Walsh is the drummer of the recently split band Lush and if you've read (book 1) A Lush Betrayal, then you will know where this book picks up from. I don't want to spoil it for anyone so will try not to go into too much detail but read the blurb and you will get the
heidi 1820
Jun 14, 2014 heidi 1820 rated it it was amazing
Six months after their world fell apart, Walsh hangs on to his sobriety by a thread and Tammy will do anything to get the man she has loved most of her life to forgive her and start again, but love is complicated and it may not be enough to fix their broken lives.

Honestly, I was only going to read a chapter of this book to get a feel for it then start the series from the beginning. But after I started, I just couldn't put it down which is somewhat ironic given the plot is surrounded by addiction
Kristyn
May 16, 2014 Kristyn rated it it was amazing
I love everything about this series. Walsh and Tammy have this amazing relationship before everything went south. They had been together forever and still felt the same way about each other. They were ingrained in each others DNA. But when the truth about Tammy and Joss came out, Walsh couldn't take it. He needed to get away from Tammy and everything else and focus on himself and not going back to drinking.

Tammy had time and therapy to get over the events that led to the big emotional mess but
Sarah :)
Amazing, I absolutely loved Walsh and Tammy's story, even more so than Joss and Mel's!

Full of angst, love, betrayal, heartbreak and the ability to forgive, I couldn’t put this one down.

Will be continuing on with this series that for sure as i cant wait to know what the future lie ahead for the rest of the band members.

Defiantly a must read!
Cindy
May 18, 2014 Cindy rated it it was amazing
Selena does it again! I thought that Book One was the greatest read ever and this book is even better!! I was trapped in this book from start to finish just like the first one. This is a full book.
MsChris1161
Mar 06, 2014 MsChris1161 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, ebook, reviewed
FOR THE LOVE OF A LUSH by Selena Laurence is a beautifully written depiction of friendship, heartbreak, addiction, recovery, redemption and true love that stands the test of time and trials. This second book in the LUSH series tells the story of Walsh and Tammy, and the other members of the rock band LUSH who had all been lifetime friends, but have now been torn apart by addiction and betrayal. This book can be read as a stand-alone, but I highly recommend you read the first book in this amazing ...more
Tiffany Willams
Sep 07, 2014 Tiffany Willams rated it really liked it
"I'm still human enough to be ashamed, still in love enough to be destroyed."

My goodness.

Betrayal and addiction are too powerful things.

For Walsh and Tammy, these two things have controlled their lives for way too long. They fell in love when they were just 14 years old, and they thought nothing would ever break them apart.

Addiction. It can come in many forms. For Walsh, it was alcohol. He started drinking at a young age and it only got worse. To the point that Tammy thought he would drink him
Christie72
Apr 21, 2014 Christie72 rated it it was amazing
If I could give this book a million stars, I would...it's that good! It picks up with the aftermath and consequences that occurred in the first book. Walsh and Tammy are both very damaged souls that are in great pain. This is what makes this story so special to me. It's about two utterly broken souls that have been intertwined most of their lives and how they decide to move on...either apart or fighting their own demons to make it back to each other but as healthier people.

"I was just beginning
Mandy
Apr 17, 2014 Mandy rated it it was amazing
5 out of 5
I knew this book was going to be a hard one emotionally to read. The good ones usually are, but this book. Sigh. This book gets the emotions just right. Walsh and Tammy have a lot of history and I don’t think there is a single character who hasn’t been a pivotal part of that history. Lush, the band, is no more and the members who were once a family are all at different crossroads in healing and finding their new paths. Tammy and Walsh have been especially effected by the events leading
Kim
Mar 05, 2014 Kim rated it it was amazing
Tammy's search for Walsh lands her in Texas at the Double A Ranch where he is working hard to stay sober but what be doesn't realize is that a little help from friends and family will help with his recovery too....but he doesn't realize it until Tammy is gone for good ?....or is she ?

Ronny and Leanna Silva run the Double A Ranch, Ronny a recovering alcoholic himself runs the ranch and is Walsh's sponsor, so when Leannne hires Tammy to help serve lunch and dinner to the ranch workers Ronny isn't
Selena Robins
Jun 20, 2014 Selena Robins rated it it was amazing
This book deals with addiction, infidelity, recovery, heartache, and most of all the strength of the human spirit, while one is battling their inner demons and how to truly forgive and move past the hurt and anger.

The author tackled two extremely difficult topics; alcoholism and infidelity and she did an excellent job of showing how the characters each had to overcome these challenges.

The book is packed with a lot of emotion and characters the reader comes to love and can't help but root for the
April
Apr 25, 2015 April rated it really liked it
Tammy and Walsh, wow what a roller coaster. I was not a fan of Tammy's in the first book of this series. However in this book you really come to understand her. Even though I do not condone her actions that led to where her and Walsh are at you can see why it happened. Walsh and Tammy have been together since they were 14 years old, they were the perfect couple so much in love. However even their love couldn't keep the demons at bay for Walsh and his alcoholism that led to the demise of their re ...more
Michele
Apr 17, 2014 Michele rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
What can I say about this book? There is absolutely not one thing I didn't like about it. I seriously adore this series and these characters and am dreading the day the series ends. The characters are so fleshed out and three dimensional that I feel as if they are friends of mine. Can I just say how much I love Walsh?! My love for him knows no bounds. He was flawed, struggling, and at times just a big old mess, but yet still sweet, caring, irresistible Walsh. Whenever I m reading a Lush book, I ...more
Randi
Apr 21, 2014 Randi rated it it was amazing
After reading A Lush Betrayal, I couldn't wait for this book! I have to say it didn't disappoint! I loved the continuation of Walsh and Tammy's story. It held up to what I was expecting and them some. This story just goes to pprove what true love is really about. If it's really true love, it can hold up to anything and eveything. It was nice to see Walsh make amends with the band and of course with Tammy. It was so touching when he finally just got it and everything clicked in his head that he j ...more
Bev Fasig
Nov 13, 2015 Bev Fasig rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Though I had a difficult time getting into the rhythm of the first and second books in this series, I did enjoy the story line. When books are written in first person, I have a harder time sticking with them. Also, in both of these books, the chapters alternated back and forth between the two main characters. As I am not used to this format, I think it somewhat detracted from the story line for me. However, by the end of this second book I found the pace, and was very happy with the way the stor ...more
Bette Hansen
Mar 18, 2014 Bette Hansen rated it it was amazing
An incredible book dealing with the power of addiction, love and betrayal and the ability to survive them all. Lush's story continues in the second book of the series. After the heartbreak suffered by everyone at the end of book one, this book takes us on the journey of how each character deals with the truths that were exposed and what comes next. Beautifully written, the love and heartache felt most by Walsh and Tammy seep from every page. You won't want to put this one down.
Shauna Allen
Apr 20, 2014 Shauna Allen rated it it was amazing
Wow, my friend Selena is a phenom! Her Lush series is a beautiful, sexy, emotional roller coaster ride via a hot rock band and their women. For the Love of a Lush is a sweet story of young love that endures, pain, betrayal and forgiveness, as well as a sensitive portrayal of addiction. Nicely done...a must read!
Lauren-Sophie
Apr 24, 2014 Lauren-Sophie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: x-14-may
Great story, I loved it so much. I cannot wait for the next one.
Deeksha
May 26, 2014 Deeksha rated it really liked it
3.8 Stars

I expected a litttttle bit more...
NotYourMama'sRomance
Mar 23, 2017 NotYourMama'sRomance rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars
OH. MY. GOSH! I loved this book!!!! It picked up where the first one leaves off, but you could read it as a standalone. I really liked the first one, but I LOVED this one! Sooooo many feels! Lots of angst and emotion.
Amy Davies
Mar 18, 2017 Amy Davies rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Totally heart gripping

You are gripped and trapped for the whole book. You feel everything Tammy and Walsh feel. Every word. Every heartbreak scene. Totally loved this book. <3
Casey
May 05, 2014 Casey rated it really liked it
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

For the Love of a Lush is the second book in the Lush series by Selena Laurence. This one can be read as a standalone, but does take place following the events of the first book with interconnected characters. I hadn't read the first book at the time I read this one, and I had no problems figuring everything out quickly though. I think it would have enhanced my experience with this book having seen all the events before and knowing the charact
Dawn Pressel
Tammy is one selfish minded little girl
ChuCha
Jun 01, 2014 ChuCha rated it it was amazing
Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

“I’m going to stick around, I’m going to see him, I’m going to talk to him, I’m going to tell him how I feel until he agrees to give me another chance.”

I didn’t think I would like a girl who cheated on her boyfriend during his lowest point. I was set to hate Tammy. Girls like her don’t deserve a second chance. She threw fourteen years out of the window when she decided to betray Walsh. For The Love of Lush, pleaaaasee find someone else for Walsh!!! (That’
  • Rocked: Joe and Liss (Rocked #1-3)
  • Rush (Pandemic Sorrow, #2)
  • Wonderwall (Love Me, I'm Famous, #1)
  • Zenith Fulfilled (Zenith Trilogy, #3)
  • The Aubrey Rules (Chicago on Ice, #1)
  • With the Band (Luminescent Juliet, #3)
  • Making Trouble (Trouble: Rob & Sabrina's Story #3)
  • Irresistible Refrain (Tempest, #1; Black Cat Records, #4)
  • Fan Girl (Los Rancheros #1)
  • Boy in a Band (A Morgan Mallory Story)
  • Alluring Temptation (Bayou Stix, #3)
  • A Callahan Wedding (Callahan Cowboys, #6)
  • The Legend of Arturo King (Legendary Rock Star, #1)
  • Her Forbidden Rockstar (Forbidden Rockers, #2)
  • A Blue Tale
  • In One Year and Out the Other: A New Year's Story Collection
  • Rocked & Twisted (Lost in Oblivion rockstar series books 1-2.5)
  • Predator's Claim  (Gemini Island Shifters, #4)
Selena Laurence is a USA Today Bestselling author who loves Putting the Heat in Happily Ever After. In 2014 she was awarded the Reader’s Crown Award for Contemporary Romance of the Year. In 2015 her rock star romance A Lush Betrayal was a finalist in three national contests.

Selena lives in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains with her kids, Mr. L, “Goldendoodle” and “Demon Cat.” When she’s not wri
More about Selena Laurence...

Lush (4 books)
  • A Lush Betrayal (Lush, #1)
  • Lowdown and Lush (Lush, #3)
  • A Lush Reunion (Lush, #4)