Start by marking “Alchemist Gift” as Want to Read:
Alchemist Gift

Alchemist Gift

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  20 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Time Travel to the Age of Alchemy. Alchemist Gift is an historical novel set in the present day and Renaissance Italy and Bavaria. The story is one of lost love, self-realization and redemption told through the relationships of five different love stories as the book unfolds. There is an element of spiritual fantasy in the novel, grounded in, let’s just say miraculous occu ...more
Published May 31st 2014 by self-published

To ask other readers questions about Alchemist Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alchemist Gift

Vicki
Alchemist Gift was a book unlike others. The first unusual thing about it was that the main character was not an alchemist. Roland Hughes was a modern day man, a career college student that relied heavily on his girlfriend, Liz Parker, for financial support.

He was unhappy with the way things were going and could feel that something was wrong in the relationship. He did what I guess many people do, he found a reason to be unfaithful to Liz with a virtual stranger. Sure what he overheard sounded
Amanda
Apr 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Alchemist Gift is a story that creates characters that you really grow to love and respect. It honestly feels as though you are in the worlds with them. Mark Giglio has managed to capture time in a way that most could not and the ride is a once in a lifetime experience.

With worlds you can see as if you are watching a movie, and characters that are so dynamic they could be your next door neighbor, this book transports you through time and space to a magical place.
Serbius Manticore
May 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great. Got an e- version online, and I couldn't put it down. Just finished. With a few small editing fixes this will be a great book, although it's well on its way in its current form. I look forward to the finished edition and picking up a print copy.
Rosie Amber
Nov 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Alchemist Gift gives the reader good value for their money at approximately 450 pages long. The story is primarily set in Renaissance Italy and Bavaria with a secondary minor setting of current day San Diego.

The book has a large cast of characters who are all introduced in fine flowing detail, many of who appear in several different time scales as the stories jump back and forth during proceedings.

A dream scene opens the book with a piazza full of people gathering for a town event. We then meet
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I did a beta read of the book. Alchemist Gift was difficult to put down. It satisfies on so many levels. The author has done his homework on the Renaissance period of the late 1400s, early 1500s. He captures the politics, culture and religion of the times through six love stories. The human condition is apparent in the characters with love, desire, lust, kindness, brutality, spirituality, and courage. There are many strong women in the story who are strong for their character and confidence. Fro ...more
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alchemist Gift This was hard to put down. Lots of exciting events happen in our time: car chase, theft, visions, sex then in the Renaissance: witch burning, witch hunting, alchemy, scientific experiments that lead to ripping open portals. Then there are the love stories: 5 I believe. Some so beautiful and enduring that it really touches your heart. And a satisfying conclusion with truth and right winning out.
Jeanette
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Firstly, I would like to thank the author for giving me the opportunity to read an e-copy of the 'Alchemist Gift' in exchange for an honest review.

What a time for my laptop to develop a serious problem and is now awaiting repair. Thankfully I have my Ipad! Based upon reading the majority of the e-copy on my laptop, I can say that I have really enjoyed this book. I rarely write what a book is about for fear of spoiling for others, but I do recommend. Am looking forward to finishing this book soon
Cheryllynn Dyess
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

If you love full-length novels with twists and turns then you'll love this book. Giglio managed to construct to two timelines into the story and intertwine them very cleverly. Modern times with more modern issues blend well as a secondary time to the main timeline of the Renaissance era.
Giglio created a firm foundation in character development and realism. Both representations of times were believable and wonderful.
I'm pleased
Dafne Romero
I received an e-book copy from the author for an exchange of an honest review.

This is an interesting read about several stories that take place both in the present and the past. I could not put it down until I reached the 400+ page. After that it dragged a little. The book does need a good edit. My copy was +700 pages but I think the story would benefit from a trim, as I found myself skipping parts in order to finish it. As some other reviewer said, I did not take to Roland's character. I also f
Lavonda Causey
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Normally this is not the type of book I read, but once I opened it and started reading, I could not put it down. I read it front to back in about a month. Takes me normally a year or more and especially how long it was surprised me. I am so looking forward to more books from this author. 5 stars is not enough for Alchemist Gift. It is more like a 20 star or more book. Well written, captured the essence of the time .
Tina
Jul 17, 2017
Kachina
Aug 28, 2018
Mark Giglio
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: beta
Joanne
Skhan
Dawn Obrien
Need Beta Readers 1 1 Feb 27, 2015 08:34AM
Beta Reader Group: Beta Readers needed for Alchemist Gift 1 9 Mar 07, 2014 09:30PM
Beta Readers needed 1 1 Mar 06, 2014 12:23AM
  • Chrysalis (Chalk Butterfly, #1)
  • Time and Tide
  • Hers To Claim (Verdantia, #4)
  • The Lore of Love (The Enchanted World Series)
  • Vendela
  • The Picture of Cool
  • Cupid Painted Blind
  • The Christmas Mansion
  • Think Again
  • Firestorm (Fighting Fire #1; Pulp Friction 2014 #1)
  • Pistol Fanny's Hank & Delilah
  • The Renegade's Woman
  • Duty to the Crown (The Crofton Chronicles #2)
  • Night Fires
  • The Angel's Assassin
  • Jerusalem Gap
  • After The Fall
  • Darkroom (Darkroom Saga, #1)