Start by marking “Everything But the Posts: Tips, Advice, and Templates from a Blogger Who Has Been in Your Shoes” as Want to Read:

Endorsed by New York Times Bestselling Author Jon Acuff and Top Blogger Kim Demmon of Today's Creative Blog, Everything But the Posts is a resource for new and veteran bloggers alike.

Jumpstart your blog:
• Design your blog to attract readers
• Choose the right blog name and avoid rebranding down the road
• Create a community of bloggers through comments, linkups, and soc
Published February 11th 2014 by Becca Ludlum (first published February 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Everything But the Posts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everything But the Posts

Start your review of Everything But the Posts: Tips, Advice, and Templates from a Blogger Who Has Been in Your Shoes
Irene McHugh
This slim book does not presume to waste your time. Aspects of blogging constantly change, but the basic process of creating a blog remains pretty consistent.

If you've been thinking about starting a blog, then this book is the perfect guide that you can read quickly to assess if you really want to put in the work necessary to create your own brand. Sure, you could read longer and thicker guides. I have, but there are too many technical aspects of blogging that change. As soon as a guide is publi
Jan 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a swift read with helpful nuggets about progressing in the blog kingdom. I will use this as a continual reference book and plan to go back through it with a highlighter the second time around. I thought there might be more about the construction of the blog (i.e. coding, widgets, etc.), but there is always room for a sequel, right?
Melanie
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great Information!

As a blogger looking to monetize, this book had everything I needed without being too long! I finished this book in about an hour and will have tons of references to come back to later. Great investment for the new or looking-to-monetize blogger! So happy to have all the info I need in one spot!
Kitty
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've been reading a lot about how to blog. This seems to be a good general-blogging-advice book, with some ideas I hadn't thought of.
Denise
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have no idea how I ever managed to blog without this book.

Becca talks to you as a friend and gives you ALL the information you need to put together your blog.

This book is the go to source for all bloggers, for those who have been thinking of blogging and those who have been blogging for a long time.
Amanda
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: guide, nonfiction
I did a write up on this one at my blog: http://amandasdailygrind.wordpress.co....

Great guide for bloggers. Lots of tips to grow, advertise, and monetize your blog.
puzzlenomore
Aug 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Straight and to the point

Easily read and the content is on point. Gave information I didn't know about. Gave the process from beginning to end on how to be a successful blogger. The sponsor chapter was informative, and insightful.
Daddy Bookins
Mar 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I met Becca back in 2009 when she first started deep down in the blogging trenches and to watch her passion soar to new heights is truly a pure delight! I highly recommend Everything But The Posts to anyone who has a blog, wants to blog, likes margaritas, or is a human being!!!
Needa Stogner
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Good
Donna
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good instruction basic book if you're blogging about your family/kids/community and want to make money promoting mainstream products.
Julie
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book if you want to get started with blogging. Lots of great tips!
Nicole Flowers
Dec 25, 2019
Deanna
Jun 23, 2016
Angela jansson
rated it did not like it
Apr 11, 2017
Emma
Jul 02, 2017
Sep 27, 2015
Becca Ludlum
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

• I'd Rather Get A Cat And Save The Planet: Conversations with Child-free Women
  • Animal Farm / 1984
  • Outliers: The Story of Success
  • Murder at the Vicarage (Miss Marple, #1)
  • Who Moved My Cheese?
  • World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
  • Deception Point
  • The 4-Hour Workweek
  • The Stand
  • Wheat Belly Cookbook: 150 Recipes to Help You Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health
  • Hello, My Name Is Awesome: How to Create Brand Names That Stick
  • Wheat Belly 30-Minute (Or Less!) Cookbook: 200 Quick and Simple Recipes to Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health
  • Love from Boy: Roald Dahl's Letters to His Mother
  • A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: What I Learned While Editing My Life
  • Secrets of Longevity: Hundreds of Ways to Live to Be 100
  • inSignificant: Why You Matter in the Surprising Way God Is Changing the World
  • None Like Him: 10 Ways God Is Different from Us (and Why That's a Good Thing)