Start by marking “A Courageous Ride (The Bullriders, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Courageous Ride (The Bullriders, #3)

A Courageous Ride

(The Bullriders #3)

The Bullriders: Book Three

Aspiring orchestra conductor Marshall is exhausted after months of auditions without a single job offer. Marshall’s friend, Terry, recommends a change of scenery and points Marshall in the direction of a dude ranch run by former bull rider Indigo Santana. Marshall is understandably skeptical, but his friend is convincing, and Marshall needs a bre
Published March 31st 2014 by Dreamspinner Press (first published March 30th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about A Courageous Ride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Courageous Ride

Nic
Mar 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
I spent the weekend in the country and what a great choice of book for the wet and miserable Sunday afternoon. While I might have been spending the weekend watching the gorgeous Australian countryside, I was really spending my weekend on a ranch in Texas! :)

This is a story of chasing dreams - Indigo's bull riding dream is over due to injury and Marshall hasn't yet achieved his goal of obtaining a job as a symphony conductor. But it is also a story of finding out what is really important in life.
Serena Yates
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay
It takes courage to decide what to do with your life, especially if the two things you want most are mutually exclusive. At least that is what the situation looks like to Marshall. But he isn’t the only one who has to decide what the future will hold for him. Indigo used to be a bullrider, but an injury took that dream away from him and he doesn’t really know what to do other than run his ranch. This is the story of two men who need a major change in their lives for them to be happy, but it will ...more
SoCalBookReviews
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-owned
3.5 Stars

I really liked the first two books in the Bullriders series by Andrew Grey, but for me personally this one just fell a little flat. It was a solidly and well-written book, so I’m not quite sure where the disconnect was for me exactly, and if it was just the book itself, storyline, or the characters and their personality traits. I simply didn’t really enjoy this reading or listening to this book as much as I did the first two.

Marshall is a symphony conductor who needs a break from life
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Aspiring orchestra conductor Marshall is exhausted after months of auditions without a single job offer. When a friend recommends a change of scenery in the form of a dude ranch run by former bull rider Indigo Santana, Marshall heads there for a break.

Indigo and Marshall are immediately attracted, but Indigo’s confidence is shot after an injury ended his rodeo career, and he walks with a slight limp. He hasn’t been anywhere near a bull since he was hurt, and his personality makes for a pretty gr
Jewel
Apr 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
I can pretty much always count on Andrew Grey to deliver a feel good love story with MC's that have flaws. No disappointment here.

Marshall is a city boy who has been looking for work as an orchestral conductor, which is highly competitive and he hasn't managed to find work for months. He's also recently out of a relationship where his ex was a cheating bastard and ended up HIV positive. Marshall is in the process of waiting for six months to pass to see if he is still negative. That would be exc
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
I always enjoy escaping into an Andrew Grey book. Today I'm a bit under the weather, so I did nothing but lay in bed an indulge in some cowboy & city boy lovins! #circleRranch #bullriders #readin2017
Bogusia
Mar 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: cowboys
I liked A Courageous Ride , however unlike others in the series, this one was very slow going for me...
Fernanda Parente
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!!! I cried last night reading the end of this amazing book. Highly recommended. Loved it
Cathy Brockman
Marshal is both mentally and physically exhausted from trying to find a conductor job. He goes to vacation on a ranch his friend Terry recommends awaiting his recent audition. One look at the sexy owner Indigo and Marshal is captivated.
Though the romance is whirlwind ( they only have a week together) it is sweet and hot. I love all the characters though Marshall and Indigo stand front and foremost. I love how Marshal hears Music in everything around him. It makes the story so beautiful and uniq
Morgan  Skye
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is another solidly written, romantic and sweet story from Andrew Grey paired with the equally solid and always reliably good narration of John Solo.

What I love about these books/this author/this narrator is that I totally know what I’m going to get when I pick it up to read/listen. I know the characters are going to be sweet and loveable despite whatever their background/troubles may have in store for them. I know I’ll get some steamy sex (but not too much!) and some really tender
Kevin Orth
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's complicated...

Safer sex is not a black and white discussion. There are many shades of gray along a spectrum of options and levels of risk. I love how the author played with this uncertainty with the characters and how they came to their own conclusions.
Alice Kavajecz
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Bullriders

I've listened to the first two and just read the third, the stories were awesome, Another Grey is an awesome writer and John Solo did a wonderful job with the narration. I will definitely be visiting this series again.
Aimee
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Characters were great, it just ended a little abruptly for me. I wanted more.
Brandielle
Mar 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Don’t love how many of the characters in Andrew Grey books talk about women.
Tori Thompson
Mar 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Marshall Harrington is a wealthy but surprisingly not spoiled man from New York, wanting to make a name for himself as a conductor. He’s auditioning for a position with orchestras around the country and he is tired…. The travel and stress have gotten to him and he just wants to rest. His mom would LOVE to have him come back to New York, give up his dream and get a real job at his fathers firm. Marshall stands his ground with his mom, but decides he needs a vacation. His friend Terry suggests a d ...more
T.M. Smith
Mar 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Marshall is just going through the motions in his life, not truly committed to anything, although he wants to be. He is a trained Orchestra Conductor, but audition after audition yields the same results, thank you but no. A recently ended long term relationship left him in a bad way as well, he is seriously just burn out and at the verge. His best friend Terry finally convinces him that he needs a vacation and sends him off to a Ranch he’s recently heard good things about.

Indigo is a former bull
Aine Massie
Mar 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A Courageous Ride is both like and unlike the rest of the Bullriders series. It has all the strength and power of the cowboys yet the energy and soul of the orchestra conductor. When the story begins, we meet Marshall, and exhausted conductor struggling to find an orchestra to lead while struggling to make his way in the world—against his parents' wishes. Thanks to a friend's suggestion, Marshall decides to head to a new dude ranch instead of returning to New York after his last audition. Indigo ...more
Christy
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: m/m fans, finding love
A beautiful story inside these pages and I am so grateful that I got to read it. Andrew Grey knows how to not only tell a story, but also make your heart open up to the wonderful people in the book. This was the last book in the Bullriders series. It was actually my favorite of the three of them. Marshall and Indigo had something that was inside each of them that the other needed.

Marshall was drained and in need of a vacation, which is how, he ended up at the Circle R Ranch. He had a lot of thin
Marinieves
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A Courageous Ride is an excellent story inspired by the love of music and the the ranch life ...
Marshall's dream is to become an orchestra conductor and has auditioned for the job in many cities the latest one being Houston Texas ... He is tired of the traveling and needing time to rest and for himself. Marshall's friend Terry suggest he goes stay at Circle R Ranch.
Indigo is a retired bull rider and owner of the Circle R ... Indigo is trying to make the ranch profitable getting guests.
Marshall
multitaskingmomma
Read full review: http://headouttheoven.blogspot.com/20...

Andrew Grey has written another beautiful read about sexy cowboys. The third installment in The Bullriders series, A Courageous Ride is about Marshall Harrington, who yearns to be a conductor, and Indigo Santana, a former bull rider turned dude ranch proprietor.

Burned out from the constant stress and travel of auditioning, Marshall is advised by close friend, Terry, to relax and just forget about looking for a job and spend a week at the
Lauri James
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-favs
What a great addition to the Bull Rider's Series. I loved this tender love story and Andrew Grey knows how to tell cowboy love stories.
It was great seeing Dante and Ryan again. Marshall spends a week at Indigo's ranch he has been traveling a lot for auditioning orchestra conductor jobs. The week he spends at the ranch is just what Marshall needs. H e feels a deep connection to Indigo a former a rodeo star who had a devastating career ending injury.Both men are lonely and looking for their soul m
Ken Murphy
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Marshall is a symphony conductor who is having a hard time finding a job. He goes to the Circle R dude ranch in Texas seeking some much-needed rest after a string of unsuccessful auditions. What he finds is an immediate attraction to the Circle R's owner, Indigo; a once famous bull-rider. In one week, their lives change as they develop strong feelings for one another. But is a week really long enough to forge the basis for a relationship?

I’m not saying much else at the risk of giving away plot d
Jodi Pushkin
Mar 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Andrew Grey has a talent for writing beautiful prose and engaging dialogue. He has a knack for engaging readers within the first couple of sentences and cloistering them in the world he has created. He successfully does this again in his latest novel A Courageous Ride, the third book in his Bullriders series.

Andrew Grey is the king of romance. His detailed descriptions of the ranch and the men’s game of cat and mouse are beautifully written. Grey has the ability to bring a reader quickly into
Stephanie
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow a cowboy and musician what a great combination. This is a great story about how two people find a way to combine their very different lives. This shows you what can be accomplished if you want it bad enough. This is my first book by Andrew Grey but it most certainly will not be my last. The man can tell a great story and has you wishing for that hea ending.
Alina
Mar 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another sweet and heartwarming story :)
Loved Marshall's profession, I think it's the first time I'm reading about a conductor and cowboys are always a win :))
Great HEA as usual and I'd like to read about Harold someday, he seems like a troubled, but potentially interesting charater too.
Anna
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved this book. It felt very real to me (though I don't know of thing about ranches and music). The whole story is very fluid, gripping in the beginning and flowing naturally. I enjoyed it immensely and can't wait for another installment in this series.
Enjoyable as always.
Mrsgeo
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable.
Elaine
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful story I enjoyed it.
Susinok
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lovely story.
Dreamspinner Press: A Courageous Ride by Andrew Grey 2 8 Apr 02, 2014 05:59AM

• Leaving Home (Home, #4)
  • My Only Sunshine
  • Outlast the Night (Lang Downs #3)
  • Crooked Tree Ranch (Montana, #1)
  • My Cowboy Homecoming (The Cowboys, #3)
  • Bullheaded
  • Rawley's Redemption (Good-Time Boys #3)
  • Pulling Leather (Pickup Men #3)
  • Texas Desire (Texas Soul, #5)
  • Cowboy Waltz (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana related)
  • Willing Hands (Wild R Farm, #5)
  • The Fall (The Fall #1)
  • The Terms of Release (The Release #1)
  • No Commitment Necessary (Encounters, #2)

m/m romance author

The Bullriders (3 books)
  • A Wild Ride (The Bullriders, #1)
  • A Daring Ride (The Bullriders, #2)