Start by marking “Holiday on Ice (Play by Play, #8.5)” as Want to Read:
Holiday on Ice (Play by Play, #8.5)

Holiday on Ice

(Play-by-Play #8.5)

Superstar hockey player Patrick “Trick” Niemeyer and dancer Stella Slovinski have picked up where they left off a year ago, resuming their hot, uncomplicated affair. Stella refuses to call it dating, or a relationship. But lately, Trick is looking for more…

Stella’s been burned before—in a relationship she never talks about—not with her family, not with her friends, and def
Published November 18th 2014 by InterMix

Auntee
Nov 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of sports romance
I truly love this outstanding series but to be perfectly honest, this was just ok for me.

Nothing new or exciting about the plot--NY career-girl/ soon to be Broadway lead dancer Stella Slovinski is the love 'em and leave 'em type ever since a bad breakup with a fiancé who wanted her to give up her career for his. Stella vows to never have a relationship again (seriously, after one bad experience?) and prefers to just hook-up (therefore, she won't get attached and get her heart broken when boyfri
Emma ~ The Indecisive Reader ~

Ice hockey, Christmas, a favourite series.
Trick was delicious!!
Short and sexy!
namericanwordcat
I haven't yet read a Jaci Burton book that I loved. I want to so if you have a favorite, please let me now.

The hero was a great guy. He was sexy and kind, Very good at what he does and a great friend.

The heroine says she isn't very nice and really she isn't. She is a great dancer. She has a great friends and a sisters. She is very commitment adverse. I admire her career focus and ownership of her sexuality. However, these characters felt false when we learn why she doesn't want a relationship o
Jess
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
Enjoyed Trick, couldn't stand Stella. Review to come...
Anna's Herding Cats
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a total Christmas romance win! Sweet Mary. It's steamy, sweet and completely sigh worthy. Jaci Burton does know how to do it right. Total *girly Christmas-infused sigh*. Holiday on Ice was the perfect readery treat to get me in the holiday spirit and a super sexy-sweet romance as Trick and Stella amp up their previously casual fling and find something to truly celebrate for Christmas.

It was a quickie read but oh it was lovely. Romance. Passion. Some hockey thrown into the mix. A little h
Michelle the Romance Witch
3.75 stars. fast and hott read with some serious relationship issues coming to a head for two very gorgeous people
Under the Covers Book Blog
Nov 18, 2014 rated it really liked it

Holiday stories from Jaci Burton are about my most favorite thing to read during this time of year.  No matter whether she does it in the Play by Play series or a separate thing altogether, she always manages to capture the exact feeling I want to get when I read a holiday story.  Jaci Burton truly is the perfect author to read any holiday season!

So here's Drew and Stella.  We go back to hockey players, which I have a thing for, so I was very happy.  Trick has had an on again off again sexual r

Stephanie
Dec 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
original post: 12/13/2014

E-Galley provided by publisher for review. No remuneration was exchanged and all opinions presented herein are my own unless otherwise noted.

The last hockey game I went to was not a great experience. But, the sport has become very popular and we’re sure to be seeing more and more hockey-based couples in romance.

The female love interest in this book was hurt by her love and has sworn off relationships because that ONE didn’t work ou
Valerie
Oct 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads, romance
Characters, story, writing & afterglow...

Characters. I really enjoyed both of the main characters. Trick has always been a player but he's feeling the need for more with a certain dancer. He's sexy and sweet from his steaming up the sheets to his surprising Stella with a Christmas tree topper that's just for her. I enjoyed reading about Trick.

Stella is a very dedicated dancer working on Broadway. Her career is very important to her and it takes all her time. A few random hook-ups worked just
LaTisha Walker
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really like this series, so this novella very enjoyable.

We'd already met the main couple as secondary characters in Melting Ice, Carolina and Drew's story and the seventh book in the series, so it was nice to see them again.

Stella Slovinski is the best friend of Carolina Preston and hooks-up with Trick Niemeyer, a teammate of Drew Hogan. They continue the hook-ups on and off for a year before Stella's busy schedule as a professional dancer and Drew's hockey games cause them to drift apart.

They
Elizabeth H.
Jaci Burton’s book covers always warm me up, but this novella left me a little frosty.

Being a bigger lady who doesn’t have issues with body image, makes it difficult for me to relate to heroines like Stella who are constantly counting calories and reciting how much activity they need to do in order to burn off what they just ate. Granted, this time it is because Stella is a dancer and needs to keep a super slim build in order to be competitive but honestly, I’m tired of hearing it.

I do understan
Jayme
Apr 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
It is short story, fast and pretty cute. I don't like sudden twists at the end, it makes the story becomes not real. Here again 2.

In this story we find connection to the earlier part of the series. It's about hockey player Patrick “Trick” Niemeyer - he play for New York team as Drew Hogan (Play by Play #7). There is also a new heroine - Stella Slovinski, she is friend of Carolina Preston (also Play by Play #7). Sweet huh?

Not much I can say about that. I thought that Stella sister, Greta will be
sparklyunikorn
Apr 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports-romance
3.5 stars - Adult Sports Romance

I guess this is my favourite novella in this series. I especially loved this one scene where Trick and Stella did ice dancing. Besides, the book triggers holiday mode and I love Christmas, always.

RD: Nov 18, 2014
Clorie
Jan 16, 2018 rated it liked it
3 cute n quick stars

This was an easy quick read with a HEA. The dialogue was good,story and plot were typical for a little novella.

I like hockey books and players and this was a small taste. I would read more of this series when I want fluff.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Rhayne‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4 STARS

Review copy provided for an honest review

When the weather is frightful and you need something to warm you up this short sexy story will prove to be delightful.
I must say I am usually not a big fan of novellas. The perfect balance that I look for in a great story is often lacking. They are either too rushed or too vague. However, with this book that is not the case. I was sucked in from the first chapter and even though we are only sha
Happily Ever Chapter

Blog Banner photo banner2_zps0a9ef8c3.jpg

Holiday on Ice
Play by Play, #8.5
by Jaci Burton

Release Date: November 18, 2014

Character Introductions:
Patrick “Trick” Niemeyer plays professional hockey for the Travelers. Stella Slovinski is a professional dancer and best friends with Carolina Preston. They met, originally, about a year ago through Carolina and Drew and had an off/on relationship for a few months. Now, she's scored a lead on Broadway and he's still concentrating game to game to make it to the finals, their schedules are even b
Cézanne Hayden-Dilbert
Holiday On Ice was a fun holiday story. It was a a quick read but it managed to pack in sweet dialog and tons of steamy scenes.

Patrick "Trick" Niemeyer and Stella Slovinski have had an on again off again fling for the past year. Trick is a hockey player for the New York Travelers and Stella is a trained dancer working on Broadway. Between both of their hectic schedules they had lost touch with each other. When they run into each for the first time in months, the spark between them is still there
Kayla
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Holiday on Ice by: Jaci Burton
Review by: Kayla
Synopsis: In this original holiday novella in the Play-By-Play series, New York Times bestselling author Jaci Burton gives readers the gift of “plenty of romance, sexy men, hot steamy loving, and humor.” (Smexy Books)
Michel Reinhard (Smut Book Junkie Reviews)
Blog Banner photo banner2_zps0a9ef8c3.jpg
ARC copy provided by publisher, via NetGalley, for a fair and honest review.

Holiday On Ice was a great addition to the outstanding Play By Play series. Jaci Burton has created a series that features sports romances that are emotional and erotic. Each and every book has charismatic characters, red hot romance, and a thrilling escape in the world of professional sports.

Trick and Stella have had an on again off again relationship for the past year. It is a casual relationship without commitment .
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
The weather might be cold outside, but Jaci Burton and her Play-by-Play series knows just how to heat things up! In HOLIDAY ON ICE, Burton takes hockey player, Patrick “Trick” Niemeyer and dancer Stella Slovinski and gives them a second chance at true love. After a torrid affair that ended only because their work schedules became too much for them, Trick and Stella are now looking to rekindle the flame they lost. However, with Stella’s mind firmly on her career and past experiences with commitme ...more
Janire
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
Si en Melting the ice los protagonistas eran Carolina y Drew, en Holiday on ice lo son Stella (mejor amiga de Carolina) y Trick (uno de los compañeros de equipo de Drew).

En Melting the ice Stella y Trick ya habían estado juntos, pero era algo sin complicaciones y cuando sus agendas empezaron a ser un problema, dejaron de verse. Peero tras un tiempo sin verse, Trick se encuentra con Stella en un bar y claro (view spoiler)
Kara
Oct 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review posted at: http://bookcrushbookreviews.com/2014/...

Rating: 4 stars

This is a holiday novella in the Play by Play series featuring Trick and Stella. Trick is a hockey player, tough and fluid on the ice while Stella is a dancer, graceful and sleek on the floor. They've had "interactions" together in the past with the understanding of no strings attached, which they were fine with...until now. The banter and smooth vibe I witness when Trick and Stella are together is comforting and realistic.
Sonya
Dec 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have to say that I'm not a big fan of novellas. There isn't enough time to get to know the characters and everything is so rushed in them. However, this is a series that I love and don't want to miss anything about it so I gave this one a read. We briefly met Stella and Trick "Patrick" in the last book. They hooked up together previously, but due to their jobs they drifted apart. Trick is a professional hockey player and Stella is a professional dancer. In the past neither of them wanted anyth ...more
Karen Roma
Nov 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Holiday on Ice manages to capture the essence of Christmas and address past deception and heartache in this novella length story.

I have always liked Trick’s easy going, charming character and Stella is a strong, independent woman, with a vibrant nature, but she also harbors emotional fears.

While Stella’s insecurities may be overblown and long due to be put to rest, her reasons for protecting her heart are somewhat understandable.

So can Trick walk away from the future he desires, or will he stand
Lauren
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
This one has been my favourite so far in the series. How can you not love Stella? A balls to the wall kind of woman who knows exactly what she wants and isn't afraid to go after it. Awesome.

I'm so glad that Stella and Trick got their own story, they're explosive together.

Though it was the simple things that gave their story a sweet element. A snowball fight with local kids, ice skating/dancing, Christmas tree decorating. *swoon*

It pleased me when her past hurts didn't get dragged out in delaying
Krissys
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: featured-books, star
I received a digital copy from Berkley and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this novel. It was nice getting to see the player grow up and take relationships seriously. Its rarely that readers get to see an in-depth look at the transition it took to get to the place Trick had to come to in order to realize what a great thing he really had. I also enjoyed that he went after what he wanted instead of giving up on what he would have let go of had he not realized how impor
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
Short quick read filled with sweet romance and steamy scenes. Stella and Trick have been seeing each other on and off for over a year. They have a no strings attached kind of relationship, Stella has been hurt before and isn't looking for love. Things change for both of them, but can Stella get over her past and finally find the happiness she wants? I really liked this book, very well written and the characters are great.

I wa given a copy by the publisher via Netgalley in return for an honest re
Samantha (WLABB)
Sep 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I do love this series, and I LOVED Trick. He was a great hero, however, our heroine got on my nerves a little. Stella did that jumping to conclusions thing, and not communicating thing that is so popular in romances, and I think she did it too much for my liking. Overall, I did find this book entertaining, but I attribute that mostly to my love of Trick. Seriously, the tree topper, the back rub, the foot rub, all the sweet things he did. Stella! You protest too much!!! I just wanted to smack her ...more
Missy
Nov 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
A hot sweet read.
The author really puts a lot of heat, sexiness, and heart into her stories making some fun lovable characters.
Even though Trick and Stella have issues to work through to a happy ending there is witty dialogue and some fun moments.
A wonderful entertaining read. A first read from this author and I was not disappointed....she more than lives up to the hype.
  • A Very Merry Hockey Holiday (Assassins, #8)
  • Slap Shot (Hot Ice, #3)
  • Double Major (Portland Storm, #4.5)
  • Hat Trick (Heller Brothers, #4)
  • On the Naughty List
  • Simmering Ice (Atlantic City Hustlers, #2)
  • Final Lap (Fast Track, #8)
  • Hip Check (New York Blades #10)
  • Goalie Interference (NHL Scorpions, #2)
  • Her Man Advantage (Double Overtime, #2)
  • Offside (The Dartmouth Cobras, #4)
  • Forward Passes (Seattle Lumberjacks, #2)
Jaci Burton is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling, award-winning author of over 70 books. She lives in Oklahoma and when she isn’t on deadline (which is often), she can usually be found wrestling with her uncooperative garden, wrangling her dogs, watching an unhealthy amount of television, or completely losing track of time reading a great book. She’s a total romantic and longs for the hap ...more

Play-by-Play (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Perfect Play (Play by Play, #1)
  • Changing the Game (Play by Play, #2)
  • Taking a Shot (Play by Play, #3)
  • Playing to Win (Play by Play, #4)
  • Thrown by a Curve (Play by Play, #5)
  • One Sweet Ride (Play by Play, #6)
  • Melting the Ice (Play by Play, #7)
  • Straddling the Line (Play by Play, #8)
  • Quarterback Draw (Play by Play, #9)
  • All Wound Up (Play by Play, #10)
“I have a gift for you."

She cocked a brow. "Is that right?"

"Yes. It'll require us to get naked."

She looped her arm in his as they headed to the bedroom. "Is this gift something I've seen before?"

"Well ... maybe. But this gift can always be used in new and unique ways."

She tilted her head back and laughed. "Best. Gift. Ever.”
0 likes