Start by marking “Playing Dirty (Dirty, #2)” as Want to Read:
Playing Dirty (Dirty, #2)

Playing Dirty

(Dirty #2)

My need for power came to me by accident.

The need was real. It was overwhelming. It was consuming me.

So we played a dangerous game of trial and error. What I could handle and what I couldn’t. It became apparent fairly quickly that I couldn’t handle much. But I liked this game because I controlled it.

Link and Rocky’s story continues in this second installment of the Dirty
Published March 5th 2014 by Cheryl McIntyre

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

RATING: 4 How the Hell Will This End??! Hearts!! :) <3

description

Playing Dirty continues the gritty and angst-filled story of Linken and Rocky, two crippled souls, one for which vengeance is the glue that holds his tattered self together, and for the other alcohol and men as mitigation from an unrelenting past.

"How far is too far?"

This picks up right after the suspense laden ending of the last episode with Link seeing through a precarious and morally corrupt situation, and us hearts in our throats,
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5--Link is Definitely Playing Dirty--Stars!!

Warning: May contain spoilers for Getting Dirty.

Playing Dirty picks up exactly where Getting Dirty left off. We have the parallel stories of Link and Rocky that are slowly starting to come together.

"How far is too far?"

Four years later and Link has finally come face to face with one of his attackers. The one that raped and beat the love of his life, Olivia.

Vengeance. It's what he seeks. But not just vengeance for one. Vengeance for all four. All
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4.5 My Mind is Racing Stars***

How far is too far?

What is that point you can't come back from?

What line do you have to cross before you're so far gone you can't even recognize yourself anymore?

People...I am stressed out!!

description

This next installment upped the nervousness! How far is Link willing to go? And if he does follow through with his plan, can he live with himself afterwards?

But now Rocky has crossed his path. He sees something in her. Recognizes the loss of something in her eyes. He's pu
Mo
Feb 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Another solid read. I liked it. Quick read.

Mysza
Shelves: favorite-read

Plot thickens, revenge begins. One broken hero, one broken heroine. Will they be able to help each other? Let's see....... Off to the next one.

Full review will be posted with the last installment.
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
4.5 - This Shit is Getting Good- Stars

WARNING- Possible mild spoilers ahead!!

Let me start by saying I'm addicted to this series. I am so sucked in. I can't wait to find out what happens next. I need the next book like yesterday!

ADDICTED photo tumblr_lj70k7NtYZ1qazkdco1_500_zps5d07664e.gif

Link is still working on his revenge plans against the guys who killed Olivia.

"Does it matter if I cross that invisible line? If I go too far? If I can never come back? I don't think so. Because what's left for me here? Nothing"

Meanwhile, since he's out of the office
Liz
"How far is too far? What is that point you can’t come back from? What line do you have to cross before you’re so far gone you can’t even recognize yourself anymore?"-Link

description

Playing Dirty picks up directly after Getting Dirty. Link has made a choice and now he must follow through or deal with the consequences.

"Does it matter if I cross that invisible line? If I go too far? If I can never come back?"-Link

Rocky is rehashing her violent past as she comes to terms with who Link is and what he might me
Brandi
May 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wow!! That was so good!!

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****

I'm definitely hooked on this series!!
I can't get enough of Link and am dying for him to get it on with Rocky!

Link is holding Aaron hostage in his basement.
He will use whatever means necessary to get the names of Livie's attackers.
We relive Rocky's attack in her high school locker room and learn her attacker was a fellow student that she knew.

photo imagejpg1_zpsaff90f5b.jpg

Rocky takes the secretarial job at Link's gym.
She's been thinking about him a lot and even fantasizing about him.
Link catches Rocky ag
Jonnie
Nov 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jonnie by: Michelle
**Warning: contains dark themes, offensive language and graphic sexual content**

Most people don't know how simple it is to choke somebody. The right amount of pressure in the right spot will bring even the biggest man to his knees.

Every lesson we learned in grade school about stranger danger runs through my mind. Don't talk to strangers. Don't take candy from strangers. Don't open the door for strangers--Not once did my mom or teachers tell me what to do about someone I knew.

In this deliciously
Tony
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: less-than-1-50, dark
First, the blurb:
My need for power came to me by accident.
The need was real. It was overwhelming. It was consuming me.
Link and Rocky’s story continues in this second installment of the Dirty series.
*This is part two in a five-part novella series.
**Due to sexual situations and violence, this series
Beverly
Apr 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 - This keeps getting better stars

Contains Spoilers if you have not read part 1.

Part 2 picks up where part 1 left off, link is at Greg Anthony's apartment trying to get information regarding that other murderers. In part 2 Link is taking a lot of time to seek his vengeance and is out of the gym a lot. He realizes he needs to hire a secretary to do some of the office type work.

and who would be the perfect secretary...Rocky

now that Rocky is at the gym on regular basis this provides more opportun
Ilze
Mar 10, 2014 rated it liked it
3 stars because these 'books' are too damn short and I doubt I will be reading next one since I have to wait month for another 50 something pages. Shame, because the story is really good.
Sleepy
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This shit keeps getting better and better!!!!!
~Possible spoilers~

I’ve been told over and over how time heals all wounds.

But here’s the truth:Time has not healed that loss or filled that hole. If anything, it has only taken her farther away from me.

I need them to suffer—to pay—before I go insane.

Maybe I already am -link

I want to, Link. I want to understand you. I want to know you.”

My heart races, pounding in my chest. I want this girl so badly, but we both have our limits. She can’t fuck me
WOW!!! another great read in this series. This story just gets more disturbing to read but it's so good I can't stop :)
Μαρία Γεωργοπούλου
This novella has rage...

...a lot of crying...

...despair...

...and while reading it, I was like this...

You can see the following review also here: http://loveandlivetoread.wordpress.co...

This story is hard to read but I couldn’t stop. How far could you go for revenge? How cruel you can be? It’s really cruelty when you want to hurt the men that took the life from you? Will you consider yourself a monster?

Link is a step closer for his revenge and we can see that his sanity isn’t really there. I don
Michelle
Apr 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Playing Dirty is the second of five books in this novella series that focuses on Link and Rocky, both suffering from the past. Both lost a part of themselves at the hands of rapist. Rocky lost trust and her innocence and Link lost the love of his life. The unspoken connection they share is something they both can feel and it scares the shit out of them. But Link is too caught up in his plans for revenge. Seeking out the four men responsible for the rape and death of Olivia, making them pay - not ...more
Sunniva Dee
Shelves: favorites
How does this happen?! For every book, every installment of Cheryl's literary work, I keep saying, "No, THIS is amazing. Sure, the former one was awesome, but this—THIS—is freaking killer!"

Oh yes, Cheryl McIntyre pulls out all the stops in her Dirty serial. Her writing is flawless, perfect. Smoothly, she brings you into her characters' twisted worlds. I believe in them, I understand them, I suffer with them...I hope with them. In the midst of their despair, their complicated psyches, love is bud
Jan
Short read part of box set and told in parts.

Intense, contains violence and talk of rape, two people with dark pasts that haunts there present and the need for revenge.

continuing on from part one

Link is seeking his vengeance for the rape and murder of his girlfriend

Rocky is still struggling with what happened to her and continues with her behaviour of no self worth.

Link and Rocky have had an encounter now she works at his gym but still the plot has yet to get to a relationship.

It's a slow jour
Eunice Moral
Dec 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Okay it is way better than Getting Dirty, at least I am seeing now where the story is taking me. Things are making more sense now. I will continue with book three maybe tomorrow. They should have made the five of this to one whole book. But I like where each novella ends, making you itch to know more. So yes, Link and Rocky are still fucked-up, but it is in their fucked-uppery that they are moths to each other's flame. However I think the sexual tension between them happened too fast, like in a ...more
вιвℓισρнιℓια {кιηgѕℓєу & ѕøяєη ƒσяєνєя}
 description...
and I can't wait til they both realize that about each other.
Also, I ain't even mad how it finished because I know #3 will be here soon enough. I'll just sit and wait and wonder whatever the hell's coming next?

Sabrina
Apr 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shortie
I can see now....faaaaaar, far away a slightly better ending for them...I dont think together, but maybe just at least finding peace.
Bianca
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
HOT DAMN!!! 5 AVENGING STARS....
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
Playing Dirty is the second part of a 5 part serial.
Review to come when series is finished.
Elodie
YES YES YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES ! I NEED BOOK 3 RIGHT NOW
Deedee
Good. Still good.

Link and Rusty are going through the motions and emotions~ their individual hurt and confusion. Their pain is also colliding.

description

Link's had 4 years to formulate exactly what he'd do with Livie's rapist~killers. Now he has the opportunity to get the names of the others, what does he do? Does he kill them? Exact that meticulous revenge? Is it that easy when some have family and as angry as he is, Link's not a coldblooded SOB? He can't hold a man in his basement forever and hope he'l
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!

Revenge, Suspense, Darkness, Hotness.

Perfect combination for me. I devoured this series!!

My review for part one.

"I’m a vigilante. Or I will be by the time this day is over."

This was a great start to the series. This author is new to me, I love a hidden gem. I bought the bundle, so I'm diving right into the next installment.

Can you live with yourself after seeking revenge? Link loses his heart, his soul, his girlfriend after one tragic night. He's a shell of a human being, existing
monica ♪
4 Stars 星星星星

"Rocky is my parallel. A reflection of what I am now. My mirror image of pain"

ABOUT THE BOOK

Writing Style: First Person, Dual POV
HEA: (view spoiler)

MY REVIEW

Their story continued..

Link found one of those guys who raped and killed Livie. He threatens him to kill him too but before that he wants to know the name of the other guys.

In this book we fi
Tiffany Readz
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Please do not read if you haven't read Getting Dirty as this review may contain spoilers.

Link has done the unthinkable and still hasn't gotten what he wants from it. Trying to live a normal life with his past taunting him is getting old. Not to mention Rocky and her wild ways are driving him crazy. She is constantly putting herself in danger because she just doesn't care anymore. This is something Link can't stand by and watch happen, not again.

Link and Rocky get closer in book two, sharing a bi
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Tango (Sexual Awakenings, #2)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 1 "Taken" (My Masters' Nightmare, #1)
  • Filthy 2 (Filthy, #2)
  • Hope Restrained (The Estate, #2)
  • Push (Push, #1)
  • Otherwise Unharmed (Evan Arden, #3)
  • Beneath the Stain - Part Five
  • Capricious (Back to Bad, #1)
  • Blurred Lines
  • Three Years (Gypsy Brothers, #5)
  • Fracture (Blood & Roses, #2)
  • Terrorscape (Horrorscape, #3)
  • Totaled (Totaled, #1)
  • Till Death (The Dumont Diaries, #3)
Stay up to date on all of Cheryl’s new releases by joining her newsletter here:

Cheryl McIntyre is the author of the bestselling Sometimes Never series, as well as the Dirty series, Infinitely, Dark Calling, Villain, and HARD. She resides in Ohio with her high school sweetheart, their two sons, one daughter, one fur son, and a hamster.
You can follow her author page on Facebook,

Dirty (6 books)
  • Getting Dirty (Dirty, #1)
  • Talking Dirty (Dirty, #3)
  • Fighting Dirty (Dirty, #4)
  • Staying Dirty (Dirty, #5)
  • Grit (Dirty, #6)
“The thing is, I don’t have the strength to end my life. I have no desire to slit my wrists or OD on pills. I’m too tired. Too lazy. If I could just fade into nonexistence, that’d be perfect.” 0 likes
“You kissed me,” I say, mimicking his words, the question apparent.

“You’re the first,” he states without missing a beat.

“Why me?”

He shrugs his broad shoulders, smiling sadly. “I don’t know. Don’t care to analyze it.”

“We’re pathetic.”

He huffs out a laugh. “I agree.”
0 likes