Start by marking “Say You Love Me” as Want to Read:

3.58  ·  Rating details ·  320 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
SHE LEFT IT ALL BEHIND

Jacie Calhoun could have become the mistress of a Georgia plantation, married to a man who worshipped her. Instead she was driven to know the truth about her mother. Was she really alive --- and a captive of the Comanche?

HE WANTED ONLY WHAT WAS BEST FOR HIS PEOPLE

Luke Howling Wolf didn't want to lose his beloved adopted mother Sunstar, and his tribe n
Published May 28th 1995 by Harpercollins (first published May 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Say You Love Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Say You Love Me

Margaret Watkins
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
An exciting adventure romance, Say You Love Me speaks of unrequited love, dangerous secrets, lies and manipulation. A death bed confession leaves high spirited Jacie reeling when she realises that she has been lied to and the woman she thought dead is in fact her mother and may well still be alive. Avoiding the man who has loved her ever since she was a child and the the proposal she knows is coming, Jacie takes off with an elderly Indian medicine man to find her mother. The trail takes her on a ...more
Beth Martin
Feb 25, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2012
Oh romance novel, y u so crazy? Y u so cliche? Y u so racist ? Hagan's historical romance novel Say You Love Me is one of those books that doesn't make any sense until you realize it was published in the 1990's, during the revival of the bodice-rippers and even less racial awareness than nowadays. It's also one of those books which makes you despair for the world in general.

The Heroine: Jacie (Jacinth) deserves to be punched in the face. Repeatedly. She's so understanding of others, but only wh
Barbara Watts
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One very good story, it is well-written and kept my interest until the end. Jacie Calhoun is not who she has been told she is. When the woman she thinks is her mother tells her the truth just before she dies it sets in motion Jacie going to find her real mother. Jacie meets Luke Howling Wolf who helps her. There is danger, drama, suspense, good and bad Indians, the twists and turns made it so I was not putting this book down until I had finished it. I would recommend this book.
Cheryl
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a good read, although it was slow paced at times and the ending was quite sudden. I did enjoy reading about different cultures and it gave a taste of what the indigenous people had to contend with. Jackie was a strong woman, a character to admire. Luke, too, was an honourable character. I received a copy from eBooks Discovery and have voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Sandra Whittiker
Say You Love Me

This was a beautifully written story of a girl who refused to settle for anything less than TRUE LOVE. Jacie was a brave and highly intelligent woman who went on a search for the truth that took her into the arms of a fierce indian. She had to fight for what was right for her life. Truly a well written story that I'll want to read again. BRAVO 👏👏
Paula
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read.

It was hard to put this book down. I got so into the story. I don't want to say more I would ruin the book for you to enjoy as I have. I think I'll miss this story.
Dragon grl85
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. There were so many elements that grabbed me and engaged my imagination and made me think about life and the choices I make. Then there was the romance the learning and loving was beautiful. It was excellent!
Heather
Aug 30, 2013 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
Heather
Jun 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Iris and Violet are twins. But Iris is beautiful, smart, talented and wanted by most men while Violet has a plain face, a hooked nose, no talent and her husband, the love of her life, is in love with Iris. While on the trail while both are pregnant, Violet has a still birth and three days later her perfect twin, with her perfect hausband and perfect four sons, has a beautiful baby girl that she names Jacie. Violet finally has had enough and tells her sister how she really feels and that she desp ...more
Bookmom
Nov 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Jacie isn’t especially happy or unhappy with her life and her upcoming wedding to the owner of the plantation she’d grown up on. A little unconventional as she’s friends with an Indian Shaman who has taught her about healing herbs in secret as the plantation owners don’t want him around.

But when learning that her mother is really her aunt and her real mother had been taken by Indians and had been seen just ten years ago, she leaves a note for her fiancé when he goes out of town, saying there’s s
Highland-dreamer
LadyCalico
Feb 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
I'm not sure if I enjoyed this book so much because it was really good or if it was because the last book I read was so horrible that this one felt like a breath of spring in comparison. Nevertheless, I liked the characters, the story, and the author's style, and found it provided me with a very entertaining night's reading. I liked it enough to overlook the author's occasionally forgetting which evil mother was named Olivia and which one was Verena. Even so, I would have rated this book 5-stars ...more
Bigedsgirl1
I received a copy of this book from eBook Discovery in exchange for my honest review. The title of Ms. Hagan's remarkable story Say You Love Me, illustrates perfectly the recurring theme of the story, as well as expressing the desires of most of the characters, both primary and secondary. The fabric of this action packed, romantic, western saga is woven so tightly, and all the story threads tied off so neatly, showing just how far people may go and what they're willing to sacrifice in the pursui ...more
Marjorie Mindel
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"I received a copy of this book from eBook Discovery in exchange for my honest review."
The premise that "good" families should marry others of their status, and that dowries and joined lands make for a good marriage is part of this story's beginning.
Jacie and Michael were supposed to wed, with love only on Michael's side. Jacie has always wondered about her mother who was captured by Indians. She decides, with the help of an elderly Indian man who has taught her his healing knowledge, to go West
LaurLa
I enjoyed this. I admired the spunk of the heroine, Jacie. I was slightly let down at the end. She had a choice to make and though coerced into it somewhat, I didn't like that she just gave in without a fight. I didn't like that it was Michael (view spoiler) ...more
Olivia
I very highly enjoyed this book. *Slight spoilers not enough to really give anything away, but hints*. Michael got on my nerves, he refused to see what Jacie wanted and didn't care when she tried to tell him. I have to say that Sunstar/Iris surprised me, I would have thought that she would want to hold on to her new-found, long lost daughter a bit harder than she did. I loved Luke, I understood his motivations, and adored his sweetness and the way he cared for those he loved. I also loved how he ...more
Missy Jane
Sep 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a good historical romance with a sensual touch, not too steamy. I did think the heroine came off as a little selfish, considering how much Michael loved her. I'm just glad it looked like everyone might have a happy ending. Some of the passages seemed a little too poetic to me, but that's just my taste. It actually kicked me out of the story in a couple of spots, including a few words the author used that I would've had to grab a thesaurus for if I really wanted to know what they meant. L ...more
Christine Menditto
May 25, 2016 rated it liked it

This book was just not for me. It was ok, but there were too many things going on at once. I don't want to say too much and give spoilers. Let's just say there's too many love triangles and it was hard to enjoy the book.
Drucilla
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: h
Your typical cliched 90s historical romance. The main couple hardly spent any time together and yet they fell in love. Her civilized fiance flip-flops in his characterization and many of the characters are caricatures. A waste of my time.
Lynelle Clark
Thank you to the Author of Say You Love me for sharing the story.
I enjoyed every page and could not put it down.
All the characters played a part to create a master piece.
A sequel would make it complete.
Pat Holt
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book!!!

Fantastic book!!!

This is the a beautiful story of love in the historic time of the West and Indians and true love. Of how a young woman searches for her Mother and finds unexpected love.
Jackie M
I would have liked this book more if the ending would have been better. It felt rushed and just ended. I would of liked to have seen at least an epilogue.
Teresa Bennett
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Could not put this down. It was really good. So glad Luke got the girl. I was really worried .

Kbee
Apr 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great read ended to quick!
Sharon
Aug 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book except the ending seemed to rushed. After the intensity of the story, it seems the ending of the book was to quick and blunt. I would have liked to seen an epilogue.
Virginia Adams
Dec 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

This book captivated me. I could not put it down. It was as if I was right there with Luke and Jacie
Elaine
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Say You Love Me was a nice, easy vacation read.
Stacy
Nov 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! It is a bit predictable, but has some very exciting twists and turns. Several times I could not put it down!
Claire
Sep 18, 2015 rated it liked it
A lovely little historical romance that was a mindless distraction from some of the other books I've been reading! Not normally into the books about Indians, but it wasn't bad!
Betty
Aug 16, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't care for this one. It was predictable from start to finish. Nothing surprised me.
  • A Promise of Thunder (Horizon Set, #2)
  • Untamed (Wild Women, #1)
  • Texas Lily (Too Hard to Handle, #1)
  • Savage Destiny (The Hearts Of Liberty, #1)
  • Comanche Temptation (Comanche, #1)
  • Reckless Heart
  • Sweet Prairie Passion (Savage Destiny, #1)
  • Night Wind's Woman (Santa Fe Trilogy, #1)
  • Lakota Surrender (Lakota #1)
  • Come Be My Love
  • Fireblossom (The Western Novels/Matthews Novel #1)
  • Through the Fire
  • Much Ado About Marshals (Hearts of Owyhee, #1)
  • Apache Magic (Coltons, #1)
  • Dance With A Gunfighter
  • The Panther and the Pearl
  • To Tempt a Knight (The Brotherhood of the Scottish Templars, #1)
  • California Caress
Aka Patricia Hagan Howell.
Aka Maggie James

Pat is the published author of over forty books of romantic fiction. Several of her titles have appeared on the New York Times Bestseller list. One of her books, "Ocean of Dreams", is based on her own shipboard romance when she met her former husband, a Norwegian engineer.

She is also a former Radio/TV Motorsports Journalist, covering NASCAR Grand National
More about Patricia Hagan

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Driven by Fire (Fire, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • At Wave's End
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
  • All the Way from Texas
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49