Start by marking “Wayfarer (Passenger, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wayfarer (Passenger, #2)

Wayfarer

(Passenger #2)

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  9,318 Ratings  ·  1,633 Reviews
All Etta Spencer wanted was to make her violin debut when she was thrust into a treacherous world where the struggle for power could alter history. After losing the one thing that would have allowed her to protect the Timeline, and the one person worth fighting for, Etta awakens alone in an unknown place and time, exposed to the threat of the two groups who would rather se ...more
Published January 3rd 2017 by Disney-Hyperion

Alexandra Bracken
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Well I like it \_(ツ)_/

Edited to add: If you're in need of a serious recap of PASSENGER before you read WAYFARER, check this out: https://static1.squarespace.com/stati...

Christine Riccio
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I didn't love it as much as Passenger, but it was beautifully written and the characters are brilliant, thoroughly enjoyed it! Here's my full booktalk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpKAf...
Kat O'Keeffe
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fantastic conclusion to this duology! This series has such a great balance of adventure and romance, and I just love all the history and the beautiful writing! At times I did feel that the pacing was a little off, there were some slow parts, but overall I thoroughly enjoyed this duology. And while this story was complete and I'm very satisfied with it, I STILL WANT MORE! A sequel, a prequel, a spin-off, different characters, whatever -- I just adore this world and this society of time travelers ...more
Cait • A Page with a View
3.5 stars and I am so torn about whether to round up or down. I like how everything wrapped up, but kind of wanted... more. And again, if you're more into the faster pacing of YA books this might be a bit too slow. It did drag in parts for me even though this story had a ton to cover.

These books do such a great job of handling issues with race, gender, and sexuality throughout time (and just oppression in general. Like the book is dedicated "for all those history has forgotten"). And the diversi
may ❀
after what felt like 16 years, ive finally completed this book. let it be known your girl aint a quitter.

this book wasn't bad but i just slumped 100 times in between and it was loooooonnnnggg bro.

RTC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

honestly just looking at the cover improves my day.

Buddy read with my big sister, nutella
Alyssa

Book Two of the Passenger series
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Publication Date: January 3, 2017
Rating: 4 stars
Source: Review copy sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Beth Hudspeth
Jan 12, 2016 marked it as to-read
Shelves: cant-wait-2017
Y'all, look at this beautiful cover!!!
 photo 20983366_zps4nlbiixb.jpg

Why did I read Passenger so soon?! I know better than that!
NOW, I need to know what happens! Spongebob says please hurry up!
 photo spongebob_i_need_it_o_by_kenshiakaksaki_rs-d6ovp85_zpsthsppd2p.jpg
alexandra
3.5/5 ✩ full review to come!

i love love love this ending but found the first half of the book confusing. but still, SO GOOD!
Trina (Between Chapters)
It took me 2 months to read this and it was such an up and down ride. This was my experience:
1. Actively reading it and skimming because SO MANY DESCRIPTIONS.
2. Taking a break from the book for weeks at a time.
3. Dreading picking it back up.
4. Picking it back up and being surprised that I was really into it!
5. Got bored again and started skimming.
6. Repeat.

As far as the ending of this series, I have mixed feelings. I enjoyed the new elements added in this book which added some intrigue to the s
✨    jamieson   ✨
"But we are, all of us, also wayfarers on a greater journey,this one without end, each of us searching for the answers to the unspoken questions of our heart. Take comfort, as I have, in knowing that, while we must travel it alone, this journey rewards goodness, and will prove that the things which are denied to us in life will never create cages for our souls"

honestly not to spill the tea immediately but people who say this duology isn't good bc it's slow are like, missing out on so many good
Ashley Nuckles
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
DEFINITELY 4.5 STARS!!

I don't know where to begin with Wayfarer, honestly. This book was a literally more of a rollercoaster than any book I've read recently! It was addicting and exhilarating and kept me on my toes and had me in tears at the end. I don't think I've ever been the type of person for anything but devastation-tears.

This book changed that.
Dannii Elle
My full review is available on United by Pop.

Be still, my beating heart!

This contains the tangled stories and twisted histories of the youngest generation of the existing time travelling families. Diverse and disparate as these characters are, they all have a common cause: to relocate the missing astrolabe. This artefact will allow the owner dominion over history's course and, if passed into the wrong hands, could see Earth transgressed from its existing and correct timeline.

The characters each
Summer (buttermybooks)
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh man. Have you ever read a book that is just *so* good that it knocks you on your ass and you cant read anything else for at least a week? YEP. That is exactly what WAYFARER did to me.

I grabbed an early copy of WAYFARER at YallFest in November and all but drove straight home to read it. I had already reread PASSENGER the previous month in preparation for this release so the need to find out what had become of Etta was TOO REAL. And Alex didnt disappoint! The beginning of WAYFARER drops you rig
Chesca
“I understand. There is the journey you make through the world—the one that aches and sings. We come together with others to make our way and survive its trials,” she said. “But we are, all of us, also wayfarers on a greater journey, this one without end, each of us searching for the answers to the unspoken questions of our hearts. Take comfort, as I have, in knowing that, while we must travel it alone, this journey rewards goodness, and will prove that the things which are denied to us in li
Jiana
Jan 28, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-tbr
I don't even care if this book disappoints me because the cover is 1) purple 2) beautiful and 3) it looks great on my shelf

• Buddy read with coffee
megs_bookrack
Aug 10, 2018 rated it liked it

Meh. This was good. My mind wandered a heck of a lot with this - I felt like my mind was a 'traveler' and it was checking out of this story quite a bit. Is it the book's fault? Is it my fault because it's summer and life is crazy? Is it my fault because I read this one right on the heels of the first book and got burn out? I may never know because I am unhauling this series and will most likely never read it again.

This is the 2nd book in the Passenger duology and it follows a group of individual
mith
you can read this review HERE as well!
---
Since I've read Bracken's first series--or, rather, the first two books--The Darkest Minds, it was clear that she had the whole writing thing figured out. At least, I thought so. Bracken was talented, and it showed, by how she fleshed out her characters, the complexity of her story lines, and how she had the ability to make you feel with her words.

With the Passenger duology, she truly shines in those aspects and more. I absolutely adored Passenger and Way
Coreen  (AsThePlotThickens)
“Without mistakes and misjudgments we would stagnate. It is no shameful thing to be beaten when outnumbered, not when you were brave enough to try. Nor is a scar or injury something to despair over, for it is a mark that you were strong enough to survive.”

It is no shameful thing to be beaten when outnumbered but it is shameful to feel emotionally detached to a great novel and I am ashamed.
Wayfarer was way better than the Passenger, a lot of things happened in this book. New characters were i
Gaby
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Caution: Read only if seeking extreme wanderlust, adventure, feels/swoons, wibbley wobbley timey whimey-ness, kickass ladies, and MORE.

(I actually don't know why you wouldn't want all of those things in your life. Please join me in this book hangover ASAP.)
lolo'
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
HOLY FUCKING SHIZ MAN HOLY FUCKING SHIZ MY HEART IS CRYING.
Taylor Knight
I loved this book so much!
Alexandra Bracken's writing is absolutely amazing and I'll definitely buy any and all books written by her. She has such a great way of putting words together that makes her books so easy to read without being generic and boring.
As for the characters, I like Etta but Nicholas is where it's at for me. He's so amazing and he is the star of this duology for me. I also really liked how new characters are introduced to keep the story exciting and interesting.
I will say tha
Gabry
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stelline perché la trama, pur essendo bellissima ed originale e ben costruita, è davvero molto confusionaria. Non bisogna distrarsi un attimo altrimenti si perdono le redini.
È stata comunque una bellissima lettura ed un'avventura stupenda da vivere con Etta e Nicholas, molto emozionante.
Liv (Stories For Coffee)
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a conclusion to one of my most favorite fantasy duologies! This was everything I wanted and more, and I only wish that Wayfarer was lengthier so I could continue glimpsing into these precious characters’ lives. This book left me completely satisfied by wrapping up every loose end and giving each character the ending they deserve. It blew me away and made me fall for Bracken’s beautiful descriptions that were pieced together to create a world that I never wanted to escape.

The second novel in
Mary
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
2 weeks I spent struggling with this book *sigh*
THE GOOD:

* POC male main character
* interracial relationship
* I like how Alex handled time travelling, it made sense to me and I wasn’t constantly in a state of “wait what”
* lesbian side characters - SOPHIA IS BAE
* it addresses issues like feminism, racism, white privilege - they’re not explored in very much detail, but they’re there

THE BAD:

* TOO. BLOODY. LONG. I struggled for 2 weeks to get through it and it required sheer force of will to do so
nicklein
Jan 12, 2016 marked it as to-read
What a beautiful cover! && Julian is alive??? No effing way! I am NOT liking that. I hate him but I think I'd give him a chance to redeem himself. But I'd still hate Sophia though. Jes sayin'.
Nouf *LostinFantasy*
Actual Rating: exactly 4/5.

"How sad for them, she thought, that they had grown up without any thorns with which to protect themselves."

It's kind of hard to write a review for a sequel when I never did for the first one. (For a great review of book one, you can read my friend Shahad's review of Passenger. So well put, and mirrored my thoughts on it exactly!)

But I am so happy to say that Wayfarer turned out to be a wonderful conclusion to Passenger. And that ending...

There is so much I love
Isaa Jason
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
• ● ■ 1,8/5 STARS ■ ● •

Genre: Young Adult> Fantasy> Time Travel
WOW: Still, black main male character.
EW: The whole book tbh..
POV: 3rd-person, female and male.
LOVE TRIANGLE: Nope
LOVE INTREST: Yes
DO I SHIP IT: Not really. I don't really care about it :p

__________________
✎Review:

FINNALLLLYYY I'VE FINISHED THIS BOOK. JEEEEZZ.

Okay, book one was better for me. I really didn't like this book. I took me more then 6 months to finish it. And im so sad to say that, because i love Alexandra Bracken. A
Theresa
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.7 out of 5 stars! GUYS I'm so sad this series is over because I love t so much! Alex is such an amazing writer and Wayfarer did not disappoint at all, it was just as good if not beret than Passenger for me! I love Alex's writing and I think she is so talented. All of the characters in this book were so well developed and felt so real it's just amazing and hard to put into words just how great it is to read. I highly recommend this series! There are a few things with the time travel that I foun ...more
Jordan (thejordanjournals)
The best part of this book was the ending and realizing that I wouldn't have to suffer through another page of it. I really should have spared myself the two weeks I spent reading this and just DNFed it, but I was holding out hope that it would surprise me the way Passenger did in the end. Not the case.

This is the third novel I had read from Alexandra Bracken, and I'm pretty sure it will be my last. I have severely struggled through each of her works, which I find painfully slow and full of com
Camille ☼
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was, in my opinion, a lot better than the first one. It was not perfect, it got a little messy and confusing at some point but the characters and the worldbuilding really stood out in this book. In this one, we are following the events that follow the separation of Nicholas and Etta at the end of the first book.

I have to admit one thing. I didn't care much for Etta's story most of the book even though I loved the places she visited. (view spoiler)
Goodreads Librari...: Please change the translator's name 2 11 Aug 14, 2018 08:38AM
Plot Flaw Question. Spoilers 1 4 May 16, 2018 06:52AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Wayfarer (Passengers #2) by Alexandra Bracken - Restarting April 25th 2018 36 105 Mar 25, 2018 07:03AM
Addicted to YA: Wayfarer 2 118 Dec 01, 2017 02:28PM
Nicholas in the end 1 22 Mar 11, 2017 06:37PM
The Challenge Fac...: Tura & Nikk - Wayfarer 2 17 Feb 02, 2017 06:11PM
  • Unearthed (Unearthed, #1)
  • Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity, #2)
  • Avenged (Ruined, #2)
  • Bloodwitch (The Witchlands, #3)
  • Seeker (Riders, #2)
  • Into the Bright Unknown (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #3)
  • Reign the Earth (The Elementae, #1)
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
  • Starfall (Starflight, #2)
  • Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer, #2)
  • Warcross (Warcross, #1)
  • The Dark Days Pact (Lady Helen, #2)
  • Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1)
  • Legion (Talon, #4)
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
  • Given to the Sea (Given Duet, #1)
  • The Gauntlet (The Cage, #3)
Hi! I'm Alex and I write books. Please note that I don't respond to messages here on GoodReads. Please send me a note on twitter (@alexbracken) on on Tumblr (alexandrabracken.tumblr.com). xx A

Passenger (2 books)
  • Passenger (Passenger, #1)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth Book 2)
    $9.99 $2.49
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Quicksilver (The Baroque Cycle, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Book of the Unnamed Midwife (The Road to Nowhere, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Witch's Reign (Desert Cursed, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Into the Fire  (The Thin Veil #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Malice (The Faithful and the Fallen, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Sudden Appearance of Hope
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3)
  • Six Scary Stories
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Rite of Passage
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)
  • Flowertown
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Jilo (Witching Savannah #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Line (Witching Savannah, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Master Magician (The Paper Magician, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Compound (The Compound, #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Void (Witching Savannah, #3)
“We are, all of us, on our own journeys.” 30 likes
“Because one moment in life does not define a person," Li Min said. "Without mistakes and misjudgments we would stagnate. It is no shameful thing to be beaten when outnumbered, not when you were brave enough to try. Nor is a scar or injury something to despair over, for it is a mark that you were strong enough to survive.” 27 likes