Start by marking “Love Hacked (Knitting in the City, #3)” as Want to Read:
Love Hacked (Knitting in the City, #3)

Love Hacked (Knitting in the City #3)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  11,989 Ratings  ·  1,055 Reviews
There are three things you need to know about Sandra Fielding: 1) She makes all her first dates cry, 2) She hasn't been kissed in over two years, and 3) She knows how to knit.

Sandra has difficulty removing her psychotherapist hat. Of her last 30 dates, 29 have ended the same way: the man sobbing uncontrollably. After one such disaster, Sandra--near desperation and maybe a
Published March 3rd 2014 by Caped Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Love Hacked, please sign up.

Cassandra I'm not finished the book yet, but she's been addressed as Dr. Fielding multiple times in the book. It's not clear if she has an MD or a Ph.D.…moreI'm not finished the book yet, but she's been addressed as Dr. Fielding multiple times in the book. It's not clear if she has an MD or a Ph.D. however. She's in the hospital setting but she's a little young at 28 for a MD and the further specialization in clinical psychiatry. It's possible though.(less)

Christy
5 Stars!

description
“There is boring. There is sensational. There is mediocre. There is lazy. There is good. There is evil. People do implausible things all the time, and they run the gamut of moderately weird to truly extraordinary. But there is no normal. The world is an unbelievable place full of unbelievable people doing unbelievable things.”
I AM SO IN LOVE WITH THIS SERIES! This is, quite possibly my favorite of the bunch (aside from that Greg and Fiona novella- which is Penny’s best work IMO). A
Rachel Reads Ravenously
5 stars!

photo love hacked.png

So, I kind of adored this book. I'm really kicking myself now for having put off reading it, and I have no clue why I did. Love Hacked is my favorite of the
Bibi
Third time reading Love Hacked and it's as rib-cracking funny as it was the first. Sandra and Alex are, by far, my favourite "Knitting in The City" couple.
Wendy'sThoughts
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Penny Reid Fans, Knitting In the City, Romance
5 Snarky, Inventive, Transformative, ZINGING Stars
* * * * *
Ok, I admit it. I am a sucker for smart books. No, I am not talking about encyclopedia, full of analysis books. I am also not talking about books which are full of how smart they present themselves to be with SAT vocabulary; with pages and pages of words which could be reduced to 3 and say the same thing equally as well.

No, I am talking about books which have unique, snappy characters…..People who immediately draw you in with what is ha
♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥
Nov 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 Zing-my-Fig Stars!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Love Hacked: A Reluctant Romance is the third book off of Penny Reid's successful Knitting in City Series. Love Hacked is Sandra's reluctant romance with the mysterious Alex. And while I enjoyed reading the first two, this book is my favorite thus far.

The Story
Sandra is a successful psychotherapist who is unlucky in love. She's been dating for two years, trying to find the one. Instead, all she succeeded in doing was making her dates cry.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Enter Alex, "The Waiter..."

Alex
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★★ 5 Stars ★★★★★

So over Christmas I took advantage of the extra time to catch up on this series, I read the whole thing out of order and what with book 5 coming out very shortly, I thought I should finally read both Friends without Benefits, and then this one, Love Hacked.

What the HECK! This was my favourite out of all 4, I bloody loved it. Why didn't anyone tell me how good it was??

Sandra is a shrink, she has been dating for years, without success. She goes to the same restaurant every oth
Astrid - ☆Vanilla & Spice Books☆

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

LOVE HACKED is the third installment in the Knitting in the City series and so far my most favorite. It is amazing how creative Penny Reid's stories are, they always have a special something that only this author can pull off. It's this combination of science, quirkiness, loveliness and wonderful characters in her stories that pull me in and move me every time.

Love Hacked is about Alex and Sandra. Sandra is a psychiatrist whose dates always end up with the men
Mo
Mar 11, 2014 rated it really liked it

As usual he was looking at me with thoughtful, deep-set indigo eyes behind black horned-rimmed glasses.

I want you more than the easiness and comfort of numbness …

I can’t really say too much in my review as there is a lot of stuff going on in it that you are better off just coming across as you read it.

His favorite book – a collect of short stories – was The Dubliners , written by James Joyce.

I remember telling my then boyrfriend who is now my husband that I had read Ulysses. He w
Manju
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Manju by: Jaya
Shelves: 4-star, 2016, 2017, br-with-ini
my second read and nothing has changed. I am as much in love with these two as I was after reading it first time.

this book was hilarious! Thank You Jaya, for making me read this series. :D
Norah Una Sumner

description

THE HERO IS YOUNGER THAN THE HEROINE! I was already sold at this point. But damn, this book was amazing. Told you I would enjoy other books in this series more than the first book. The heroine is phenomenal, funny, smart, realistic, passionate... How can you not love someone who isn't here to get bossed around?
"Say you're mine."
"You're mine."

description

She's also incredibly relatable, at least to me, even though she's 9 years older than me.
"I assume you were trapped under a heavy object?"
"Yes.
Karen
Mar 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 STARS

[image error]  photo d45cbe633abbd92c8648ec56e1956fca.jpg

“My name is Alex, and I’ll be serving you tonight…”

This was just an absolutely delightful book. A funny and very touching story. I loved each and every word. As the third book in the Knitting in the City series, it features the lovely Dr. Sandra Fielding, the group’s beautiful and witty child psychiatrist, who up until now has had no luck what-so-ever in love.

[image error]  photo 96c75e3e-4465-4e12-816b-e3d10a785751.png

Yes, men fall for her all the time, but lately more in the way of tripping-on-their-way-out-of-the-
Didi
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS OR 9/10!!!

This series is fabulous. FABULOUS!! I wish I could stealthily join these women knitting away and make them a part of my family. This is the third book in the Knitting In The City series and I loved it!
This time around we got Sandra's story. She's the psychiatrist with the ability to turn all her dates into blubbering idiots that rely on her expertise to absolve their problems. They all follow the same pattern: she appears familiar to them, then slowly they shed light on their
Catarina
4,5 Hacked Stars.

Sandra is a therapist that has a disastrous dating life: all their dates end up in a free session, with the guys crying and thanking her for her help. Yep, it’s that bad.
The only good thing about this dates is the sexy waiter of the restaurant she always choose: Alex.
Alex also has noticed Sandra and eventually their past ended up crossing. They have a deal: three months. And that’s it.
Obviously, those three months soon become something more.

description

But Alex’s life is far from what
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
Bold, witty, sexy, and irreverent, Sandra has always been my favorite lady in the knitting circle. Well, she might be tied with Janie. Love Hacked is the third book in the Knitting in the City series, and this time it’s Sandra’s turn to find romance.

For all her joking about sex in the previous books, it turns out that Sandra is very unlucky in love. Her lady parts are severely neglected. She’s a child psychiatrist who, by nature, is very intuitive and easy to talk to. Unfortunately, she can’t se
Stacey is Sassy
Why did I wait so long?

Would you believe that I hesitated to start Love Hacked because of the hero being younger than the heroine? I could kick myself...now.

AGE REALLY DOESN'T MATTER!!

Love is more than a number. Should we ignore a connection just because he is younger than her? If you're physically attracted to a much older person, then good for you. Whatever floats your boat.

I'm 42 and that is way too old to realise that I had no idea. I feel old-fashioned and ridiculously narrow-minded for wa
Duchess Nicole
Lots of fun with a little serious thrown in toward the end. Reid is the queen of unconventional. This one was also a lot steamier than her first two, and all the better for it. Not over the top, but just enough to add some intimacy.
Dee Montoya
******6+++ Crazy-Wonderful Stars*****

For me the best feeling in the world is to read a book such as this one , that leaves me hearing and feeling like fireworks are exploding inside my heart. I'm truly amazed by how this author has managed to get even better with each book. Penny Reid's writing style is so distinctive that even though all these characters are from the same group of friends, they are all so unique and in my case is hard to say which I've loved more, I absolutely adore this entire
Dana aka ♥Belladonna♥
4.5 Stars

Penny Reid, you slay me.

I loved this book. My inner geek girl was happy dancing.
*Yes, my inner geek girl is a twerking Storm Trooper. Don't judge. The dark side has cookies:P*

I'm officially putting this author on my auto-buy list.
Paige
5 "Be Weird with Me" Stars

So I've totally read this series out of order. And I think I might even like it better that way because I feel like I'm in on the secret. I fall in love with Penny with every book I read and her stories always make me think. Plus I learn something new each time too. I've always intrigued by the quiet Alex and the quirky Sandra and their story was everything I wanted and more.

♥Sharon♥
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
 photo lovedhacked_zps588a612d.jpg

Penny Reid has done it again. She has managed to write another book that gave me an enormous amount of the warm fuzzy feelings. She certainly added an extra ZING to this story. It is probably my favorite of them all.

Love Hacked is Sandra’s story. Sandra has that natural beauty. She is smart, witty, pretty and sexy. She wants to be happy and in love. She wants to meet that forever kind of guy.

Currently Sandra is having no luck in the man category. For the last couple of years she has attempted t
BookLover
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“Sunday's Horoscope: You wanted the Pandora's box open; now you must deal with the consequences.”

This quote pretty much sums up the book. Sandra was used to being in control, though she never got the results she wanted. In catching Alex the waiter’s attention, Sandra thought she was the cat in their game. Little did she realize Alex was her match.

Alex was awesome. Mixed in with Sandra’s humour and quirky personality, Alex was an over the top alpha male shrouded in mystery. I loved their intera
Ian
Penny Reid writes books that honestly are kind of perfect. She manages to write a book that is entertaining and funny that somehow makes you feel smarter.

Best wedding in a romance ever.

Entertaining from page one till the very last page.

I loved this book.
Heather
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review.

Loved Hacked is Penny Reid's third romance novel and honestly, I think it's her best. In this novel we reconnect with Sandra, a child psychiatrist and friend of Janie and Elizabeth (heroines from books 1 and 2), and meet Alex, a waiter and ex-con. Sparks fly immediately between these two and culminate in a firestorm of incendiary passion and white-hot emotion.

I won't summarize the book here because that's easy to find e
Katerina
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, safe
*Attention Alert* 🚫

To all my Goodreader friends who haven't read this book, READ this book. It can be read as a standalone, and it is FANTASTIC. I am recommending a book for the first time.

This book is going into my FAVOURITES pile. And BOY, has it been a while since I bothered to shelve something into my favourites.

The number of times I've seen this book and passed over it, because the cover didn't have a shirtless man on it. WELL I WAS WRONG.

Read the fucking sample.
I'm SOOOOO happy. SOOOOO
Jo
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Holding me with his eyes and heart, Alex said, “You’ve shown me joy where before I saw only despair. You’ve taught me hope where before I knew only hopelessness. I may be broken, but all my pieces are yours. And I’ll work every day of my life to deserve you.”

What a wonderful and at times strange romance. I can honestly say that I have never read a book like this one. And I loved it.

Alex the waiter was on my Spank Naughty list in third place, right after Henry Cavill the actor, then Henry
NinaReader
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 "ZING ZING ZING" STARS!

Sandra is the psychiatrist of this lovely knitting group of Penny Reid's. For over two years she has taken her first dates to her favorite Indian restaurant and has managed to somehow make every single one of them cry by the end of the date and after suggesting they see a fellow psychiatrist, managed to maintain them as friends only.

For two years, Alex who works at said restaurant has watched Sandra with curiosity, bewilderment, hilarity, and...yes wanting. A particula
Sabrina
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Get it here:
Amazon * Barnes & Noble

I've read most of this series within the past two weeks because I just can't get enough of these characters. This tight knit group of ladies (pun intended) has my curiosity piqued more than most characters. I love how different they all are, yet how well they seem to fit together. And getting to see them individually fall in love is something special that I just can't miss. In Love Hacked we finally see Sandra, the therapist of the group, meet her match in
Ann Lou
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*5 ZING ZING stars!

The balm to my frustrated heart after reading dating-ish.  I LOVE LOVE this so much.  Just what I needed.  I want to have an Alex of my own.  Lucky lucky Sandra.  They are ridiculously and perfectly matched!

"I may be broken, but all my pieces are yours. And I'll work every day of my life to deserve you."  *dreamy sigh* (I am melting here)

They are so adorable together.  Perfect!
Anuradha
4.5 stars.

Somewhere between the first book in this series and this one, Penny Reid learnt to write. Well, Neanderthal Seeks Human wasn't bad, but it was nothing in comparison to the lolz and sheer entertainment provided by this book. Bonus points for no grammatical or spelling errors. Well, not ones I could spot anyway. Ms Reid writes phenomenal characters, and this is something I reiterate. Strong, independent, attractive women, yet, not so much as to make them come across as "bitches". Good-l
Sharks of Awesome: Love Hacked 29 87 Apr 09, 2015 12:44PM
  • The Chocolate Temptation (Amour et Chocolat, #6)
  • Kiss the Bride (Amour et Chocolat, #0.5)
  • Artistic License
  • Live (Burnside, #1)
  • The Player and the Pixie (Rugby, #2)
  • Beyond Repair
  • Wanderlust (Modern Love Story, #3)
  • The Theory of Attraction (Science of Temptation, #1)
  • Shiver: 13 Sexy Tales of Humor and Horror
  • Kulti
  • Jinxed (Friends and Lovers Trilogy, #1)
  • A Man And A Woman (The Lady's Tutor. #1.5)
  • Hard Time
  • In Want of a Wife (Bitter Springs #3)
About Penny:
Penny Reid is the USA Today Best Selling Author of the Winston Brothers and Knitting in the City series. When she’s not immersed in penning smart romances, Penny works in the biotech industry as a researcher. She’s also a full time mom to three diminutive adults, wife, daughter, knitter, crocheter, sewer, general crafter, and thought ninja.

Just Released:

NOVEMBER 2017: Kissing Tolstoy,
More about Penny Reid...

Knitting in the City (7 books)
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
  • Friends Without Benefits (Knitting in the City, #2)
  • Beauty and the Mustache (Winston Brothers 0.5; Knitting in the City #4)
  • Happily Ever Ninja (Knitting in the City, #5)
  • Dating-ish (Knitting in the City, #6)
  • Marriage of Inconvenience (Knitting in the City, #7)

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
  • Starter for Ten
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • Scored
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
  • How to Love
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • The Paradise Guest House
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
“You’ve shown me joy where before I saw only despair. You’ve taught me hope where before I knew only hopelessness. I may be broken, but all my pieces are yours. And I’ll work every day of my life to deserve you.” 44 likes
“This is just your penis having the feels for my vagina. Your penis is making prank calls! and every single time your penis makes a prank call, my vagina answers the phone. And then you hang up. Or your penis claims wrong number or misdial or no hablo Ingles. It's infuriating, and it's called genital call me maybe.” 32 likes