Start by marking “First Time Crochet: The Absolute Beginner's Guide: Learn By Doing - Step-by-Step Basics and Easy Projects” as Want to Read:

Learning how to crochet has never been simpler! Enjoy this beginner's guide that takes you by the hand, like a personal instructor, and teaches you how to crochet. With detailed descriptions of materials and tools, the easy step-by-step instructions for all the basic crocheting techniques will have you creating projects like boas, coasters, and even slippers and bags in no ...more
Published November 1st 2014 by Creative Publishing int'l

To ask other readers questions about First Time Crochet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Time Crochet

Start your review of First Time Crochet: The Absolute Beginner's Guide: Learn By Doing - Step-by-Step Basics and Easy Projects
Fredrick Danysh
Oct 13, 2016 rated it liked it
This easy to read book covers the basics of crochet for the beginner. It is excellently illustrated with photos and drawings of the various steps and procedures. I also includes detailed steps for several projects.
Beth
Mar 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: craft
I picked this one up from the library since I am going to be teaching beginner crochet once again this summer and I am always looking for new tricks and tips.
This one is not bad. The photographs are nice and clear, but I actually felt that it could have used a few more as well as some more description to highlight trickier topics. The projects were very blah, nothing very modern and tending towards color extremes - old lady beige or tween hot oranges and pinks. NIce presentation though.
Jennifer Lavender
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am a beginner to crochet and I thought this book was amazing! I worked thru the practice sections and made all the projects. I made them whether I was interested in them or not for the sake of learning. It was very easy to follow and did not assume you already know anything, which is awesome for a beginner. I learned how to do basic stitches and read patterns which will help me for future projects. I am hooked! I would recommend this book to anyone just learning to crochet.
Liz
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reference
Hey great beginners crochet book. It starts with a simple introduction to the basic tools, and then the beginning chain stitch. From there it covers the single stitch, the double stitch, and the treble stitch. Each new stitch comes with a project and some suggestions on making borders and various items. I thoroughly enjoyed, although I did not make every project.
Oct 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This first time crochet book is a nice way for the beginner to gain some needed information about the skill. It is thorough and has good instruction and pictures. It is a good start for the beginner.
Chastity