Start by marking “Fire in You (Wait for You, #6)” as Want to Read:
Fire in You (Wait for You, #6)

Fire in You

(Wait for You #6)

From the # 1 New York Times and International bestselling author, Jennifer L. Armentrout writing as J.Lynn, comes a richly moving story about heartbreak and guilt, second chances and hope. Full of familiar, fan-favorite characters and no two people more deserving of a happy ending, Fire In You will burn bright beyond the last page…

Jillian Lima’s whole world was destroyed i
Published November 28th 2016 by Self Published

To ask other readers questions about Fire in You, please sign up.
Mayra Brock was introduced in Stay with Me (the third book) as the MMA fighter when Calla was at the bar. He came with Aimee the one time and the other time…moreBrock was introduced in Stay with Me (the third book) as the MMA fighter when Calla was at the bar. He came with Aimee the one time and the other time was when Avery, Cam, Tess, and Jase all came to the bar for a surprise visit.(less)

Karen Mc
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“Love is like friendship caught on fire. In the beginning, a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but only still light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.”~Bruce Lee

Has a story every stolen your soul and hit your heart hard with a force you didn’t see coming? Fire in You by Jennifer Armentrout stole my soul, striking it with a match where it burned bright. I gave my heart to Fire in You where I knew it would re
Christy
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars!!!

photo 6E2D39DD-90C5-4782-A664-9FBBEBF28847_zps14xjrd0v.jpg
“Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your heart or burn down your house, you can never tell.”

Fire in You is the sixth book in Jennifer L Armentrout’s ‘Wait for You’ series. I always get excited when a new book comes out from this group. We always get to see some of our favorites pop up, and each book is a great mix of romance, emotion and they always have a lot of heart. Jillian and Brock’s story is no different. It’s a second chance love story of two childhood friends
Alex ♈
The writing was good. And it was unfortunately the only thing I liked about this book.
(view spoiler)
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦So. Advertised as a page turner? Sure, I guess. If you're like me and enjoy reading primarily about the development of a relationship between two main characters. Let's start with this: childhood friends to lovers trope.

➦Now, there's a lot of jumping between past and present in the book. I loved it because it helped me understand the characters better, it gave them depth and I was able to sympathize with them. But. BUT. If you're one of those people who need something fast paced or you're all a
Ramona
Dec 08, 2016 rated it liked it
This series has a very special place in my heart, due to the diversity of characters and stories that are presented throughout the books. J.Lynn has a particular taste when it comes to creativity and this will certainly get your attention. Because of what the books offered in return, I enjoyed them all, from Avery to Teresa, Calla, Roxy, Stephanie and now Jillian.

When I read the blurb of the story, it sounded very interesting and I wanted to begin reading it right away. I like second chances lo
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 fantastic stars

This was absolutely fantastic! Whatever I say won't express how much I loved it! This series is perfect! Jennifer L Armentrout delivers an emotional, intense, addictive story with a slow burn romance, perfect to make you swoon and melt!

description

I fell in love with Brock and Jillian's story. I felt sorry for Jillian and my heart was breaking for her. Brock was amazing, funny, protective, sweet and sexy! These two were like a fire...burning slowly...intense and passionate!

The plot was ama
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars!

“Scars, whether physical or emotional, could be not just a representation of survival but also a story of hope.”

Reading a J Lynn book always feels like coming home.

The sixth book in this series, Fire In You, follows the characters Jillian and Brock. When Jillian was younger she was in love with Brock, following him around everywhere like a puppy dog. But one night of tragedy changed that, and Jillian hasn't been the same since. Now, about six years later, Jillian has agreed to go t
boogenhagen
Jeanne
Dec 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: super-meh

I started out loving this one, it really had potential. In my opinion, it fizzled out, and I just didn't feel any chemistry between them. The sex scenes were mostly awkward and unnatural. I personally thought book 5 of this series was the best. Also, *eyeroll* to all the blushing! On the upside, I actually finished a book, which hasn't happened in three weeks. So, there is that to be happy about!

For those who have read it, the scene at 95% (view spoiler)
Tabatha
You can find more from me here:

I'm hoping this is a Brock x Katie tbh because lord knows I've been wanting a Katie book forever.

*Sigh*
It's not looking promising guys:

ANOTHER EDIT
Upon reading Dream of You I've decided that this is most likely going to be Brock x Jillian.

Over & Out, T xx
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
My fingers were crossed that this book would be good, and out of all the books in this series, I was most nervous to read this one, especially since it is the last book in the Wait for You series. So going in I wasn't sure what I was going to get.

This book had a ton of humor and swoons, it had lots of down moments, this book had parts where (especially the beginning) where I hated Brock, wholeheartedly hated him for how he once treated Jillian and how blind he was to see how she felt in their p
Snow
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

4 "inner fire in all of us" stars

Jillian Lima and Brock „The Beast“ Mitchell.

An heiress to the MMA gym chains and an ex- heavyweight/lightweight champion, a prodigy of Lima MMA training.

The best friends since the first time they saw each other – she was 8, he was 14.

She was his shadow at every step and when she was of legal age she had developed and acknowledged her deeper feelings for Brock, her best friend, her protector, her everything.
BUT she was „off limits“ for so long in Brock's vicinit
Sabrina
Dec 24, 2016 rated it really liked it

I loved getting Brock and Jillian's story, especially since it was hinted at in the previous books a little. I knew they were going to have an epic romance to tell and I was right! Their chemistry was off the charts hot and I couldn't get enough of them. I liked how, even though they already knew each other, we got to see them discovering the hidden depths of each other. They hadn't been close in six years so they had a lot to learn again and it was great to see that.

Definitely one of my favori
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
I'm really torn on how to review this because while I think the overall message of learning to love yourself and growing is a good message the Hero just didn't do it for me.

Overall...Brock...well, let me be blunt...he was an fucking asshole who IMO didn't redeem himself in any way. Furthermore, his motivations were questionable. I can't say that I really felt his love for Jillian. He screwed with her emotions and then played dumb when she was hurt by his actions. He chose a hook up instead of J
Candace Robinson
This was a great end to the series! I liked seeing the previous couples from the other books as well! Full review on my blog https://literarydust.wordpress.com/20...
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
What I love the most about reading a series is when the characters from the previous books appear - it is like an extended epilogue that keeps on giving, you don’t get that with a stand alone book which can often lead me to wonder how they are doing now – yes I know they are fictional, lol! Needless to say everyone pops up in this story so your appetite will be well satieted.

Jillian has spent her whole life around the sport of martial arts. Her father owns an academy, she has spent many hours wa
Cierra
Aug 11, 2014 marked it as to-read
I know this is a pretty easy guess, but I BET BROCK ENDS UP WITH JILLIAN!

for this to happen because I found her so unbelievably adorable in Forever With You and just think it's meant to be. Frankly, even though I don't know very much about Brock yet, I know he's bound to be amazing because, let's face it, they always are!

But it seriously doesn't come out until next year?!

Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 4.75/5

Review to come!
Pam Nelson
5 Fire in You Stars

Ok getting to this book is bittersweet, I just had to do a series re-read because well I love this series.
And it has been utterly wonderful getting to experience these old friends again.

Finding out this book was about Brock I was like yay!
Even if I am still holding out hope, for a Katie (the striper/physic) book one day.

I went to it as blind as I could, and I loved it. Jillian and Brock are amazing. And yes it is a little weird having a heroine named Jillian, and the same
Samantha Larkin
Nov 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ★'s

Reading the series and getting introduced to Brock "The Beast" Mitchell, I was always left wanting more and couldn't wait to read about the woman who would make him want to settle down.

I just didn't expect it to be Jillian. First off, there's the age difference and they ~sort of~ grew up together in the same house even though Brock started fighting (MMA) fairly early. Secondly, she's Brock's coach's daughter and heir to the Lima Mixed Martial Arts Academy. But...as soon as we find out abou
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
Fire In You was the perfect conclusion to the Wait For You Series! Watching Jillian and Brock's story unfold reminded me yet again why Jennifer Armentrout is my favorite author. You see she writes these characters that embed themselves deeply into my heart. I feel every single emotion they take on, and I become completely invested into their lives. And Brock and Jillian did just that. The chemistry between them was insanely seductive and their story continually pulled at my heartstrings. You mus ...more
Fre06 Begum
ambsreads
Fire in You was a book I have been anticipating all year. J. Lynn is one of my favourite authors and the Wait for You series is one that I truly enjoy. They are trash, but trash that I can enjoy immensely - especially after the heartbreak of Crooked Kingdom.

There isn't a lot to say about this book. It's a typical J. Lynn book which has you like

description

The plot is cliche and there is a classic overbearing male lead who pushes the shy female to come out of the shell she has built. However, it works well
Rejane
Dec 04, 2016 marked it as no-way-jose  ·  review of another edition
Another author who has her books reviews decrease immensely. The 1st got over 100,000 reviews this one is barely over 6,000. I repeat: readers are tired of reading the same story of asshole unforgivable hero and a weak stupid doormat heroine.

And after reading many more reviews I really think this book should be re-written. Or maybe the author should write another book to give
Beth Hudspeth
Reviewed by: Hello Beautiful Book Blog

Jennifer L. Armentrout has done it again. Ever since I read the first book in this series, Wait For You, I have been hooked. I didn’t know I could like a serial romance so much, but I do. I think most of that has to do with JLA. She is just such a wonderful writer. While reading and then completing this book you are sure to have checked off all of the following from this list.

1. New book boyfriend
2. Laugh your ass off
3. Experience heartache
4. Fall in love wi
★ Belle The Bibliophile ★
I would say this one was more of a 2.5 read for me. You see, I'm not really a fan of the whole "heroine being the second choice to the Hero" trope. Because, most of the time, I always end up disappointed with how the book go about with this particular subject.

I feel like most authors who deal with this trope end up making the heroine too forgiving, and sometimes it's just downright pathetic how quickly the heroine forgives. I mean Jilly didn't actually warm up to Brock quickly, but after wha
Marieke
Noooo, nu is mijn favoriete New Adult serie uit.... Wat moet ik nu?

Dit was weer zo'n heerlijk feelgood verhaal. Brock en Jillian vond ik echt ontzettend leuk samen. Maar de setting van de sportschool, daar ben ik gewoon niet zo'n fan van. En ik vond hun verhaal ook niet echt realistisch. Helaas was dit deel niet zo leuk als de eerdere delen, maar wel een goede afsluiter!

Wel super dat je nu ook weer even te horen kreeg hoe het met de anderen gaat.

Een uitgebreidere recensie op Marieke's Books
Denise Bücherwunderland
Es war einfach perfekt 😍!!!

Jillian und Brock kennen wir ja schon aus den vorherigen Bänden und ich habe mich schon richtig auf ihre Geschichte gefreut!

J. Lynn bzw. Jennifer L. Armentrout hat es mal wieder geschafft mich zu 100% mitzureißen. Wären mir gestern Abend nicht fast die Augen zugefallen, hätte ich das Buch wohl gleich noch beendet.

Die beiden Protagonisten waren mir so sympathisch! Jillian hat mir zeitweise richtig Leid getan, aber ich bewundere sie dafür, wie sie sich wieder ihren We
Nadine
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*re-read 27.01.18

5 Stars!

The 'Wait for you'-series is like a roller coaster ride for me. I love some of the books and I hate some.

'Fire in you' was a great story. A really really great story. I read this thing in one sitting of 6 hours because I couldn't put the book down. I HAD to know what was going to happen next.

There were short flashbacks into the past of Jillian and Brock which explained what happened six years ago and why they drifted apart. She was so in love with him and when he broke
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. YA/MMA/Romance. [s] 3 30 Sep 27, 2018 01:42PM
  • Fifty First Times
  • Untitled (Rusk University, #5)
  • Every Memory
  • Bet You Can't (Unlikely, #1)
  • Desperate Chances (Bad Rep, #4)
  • The Rocker That Kisses Me (The Rocker)
  • Damaging Me (Savor Us, #2)
  • The Power (Titan, #2)
  • Bent (Connections, #6)
  • Idle (The Seven Deadly, #4)
  • Cursed (Cursed Superheroes, #1)
  • Sinners Rock the Cradle (Sinners on Tour, #7)
  • Come Back to Me (Breathe into Me, #2)
  • How to Marry an Idiot (Friend-Zoned, #4)
  • Igniting Lies (Burning, #1)
  • Untitled (Hollywood Hearts, #3)
A pseudonym for Jennifer L. Armentrout.

# 1 New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer L. Armentrout Lives in West Virginia.

All the rumors you heard about her state aren’t true.

Well, mostly. When she's not hard at work writing, she spends her time, reading, working out, watching zombie movies, and pretending to write.

Wait for You (6 books)
  • Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)
  • Be with Me (Wait for You, #2)
  • Stay with Me (Wait for You, #3)
  • Fall with Me (Wait for You, #4)
  • Forever with You (Wait for You, #5)
“I loved you when I was eight. I loved you when I was twelve. I loved you when I was twenty, and I... I love you now.” 13 likes
“What in the actual hell of all nine circles of Hell was this?” 11 likes