Start by marking “Deadlier Than the Rest (MacLarens of Fire Mountain, #5)” as Want to Read:
Deadlier Than the Rest (MacLarens of Fire Mountain, #5)

Deadlier Than the Rest

(MacLarens of Fire Mountain #5)

“A passionate, heartwarming story of the iconic MacLarens of Fire Mountain. This captivating historical western romance grabs your attention from the start with an engrossing story encompassing two romances set against the rugged backdrop of the burgeoning western frontier.”

Connor MacLaren’s search has already stolen eight years of his life. Now he close to finding what h
Published March 3rd 2014

To ask other readers questions about Deadlier Than the Rest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadlier Than the Rest

Alexis1983
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Connor can't find his sister, but he won't give up his search, which leads him into danger and discovery. As well as not a little romance. He falls for the aptly named Grace, who leads him into grave trouble as he goes about unlocking her secrets, and upsetting some heavy characters. The mix of romance and adventure is just right, and Connor's quest really keeps the pages turning. If you're anything like me, you'll devour it in a very short space of time.
Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams
Deadlier than the Rest (MacLarens of Fire Mountain Book 5)

The love of Grace and Connor and Meggie and Dodge. When Meggie was sixteen she was kidnap and sold. By the time she was 20 she was sold to a Mormon who marry her and mistreat her.
Connor has been looking for his sister Meggie for 8 years, he think he may have found her. He go to Salt Lake City he meets and falls in love with Grace. Will he find Meggie? Will love win out with all the secrets Grace and Meggie hold? Great story.
Lucinda Bean
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All of these books are somewhat predictable but I REALLY love the stories and the characters. Have started "Wilder"and as always....I'm loving it!!! Will be sad to see this series end.
Tricia Drammeh
May 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Connor MacLaren is a man on a mission. He won't let anything deter him from finding his missing sister, Meggie. Grace, the mysterious waitress whose caught Connor's eye, is definitely a distraction. Connor is drawn to Grace, and for the first time in years, he considers settling down, but not until Meggie is found. Grace is a woman with secrets which have the potential to destroy any possibility of a future with Connor. And now that the criminals stalking Connor have set their sites on her as we ...more
Katlyn Womack
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was another great MacLaren romance! This one was about one of the cousins of the original MacLaren brothers, Connor, on a quest to find his sister, Meggie, who was kidnapped eight years earlier. On the way, he meets a woman who distracts him in ways he has never been distracted by a woman before. He's not sure if he likes that or not. He wants to keep his attention on finding his sister. Little does he know that the woman he met is trying to help his sister too.

Meggie has been through quit
Sarah Evanston
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shirleen Davies is my favorite author ever but that doesn't have any bearing on my review. My review is based on the incredible story that I just read in Deadlier Than The Rest. She has really outdone herself with this book and the main character. Connor MacLaren is her best effort yet! This book is like three stories in one; you have danger, romance and mystery all tied together in a neat little package that will change the way you think about romance/ westerns. Aside from the characters being ...more
Efpierce
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I still don't know how she does it, but the MacLaren series just keeps getting better. The author has taken elements from her previous stories, developed them and given readers a real treat with Deadlier Than The Rest. I don't know if it's the romantic in me or the adventurer, but this book really has me hooked. Normally, I am able to make time for the books that I really want to read, but this week was different. I had very little time and that meant that every bit of time spent reading this bo ...more
Anari
Mar 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fire Mountain is Getting Hotter with Each Read!

Connor's sister Meggie has been missing for the past eight years and he feels responsible for her disappearance. Searching the country high and low to get some clue as to her whereabouts, he finally stumbles on a clue.

Meggie has had to endure a lot in the eight years they have been apart. Kidnapped and gagged, she is stolen away to be sold as some man's plaything - but no-one realised Meggie was an innocent. At the end of her long and e
Deede
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Already a huge fan of Shirleen Davis and the MacLarens I had high expectations for Deadlier than the Rest and boy did Ms. Davis deliver! I really should have expected no less, she’s proven again and again at being truly gifted at what she does.

What I love about Ms. Davis’ writing, and this series in particular, is she never repeats herself, never grows stagnate. Indeed each story has its own unique touches that separate them from each other. Deadlier than the Rest was a page turner,
Shel
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Deadlier than the Rest is a wonderfully complicated story. With an intriguing plot that combines romance, history and elements of detective/crime, adventure and mystery fiction to spice things up even further, it offers much more than you expect to find in a usual romance.

Author, Shirleen Davies, writes great books – I have read all her previous Fire Mountain series books, but she certainly has excelled in the writing of this book. I was hooked from the very beginning and the tense opening scen
JANE
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Deadlier than the rest.

I have read five of your books .Enjoyed all of them. Those MacLarens are a busy bunch and keep on finding cousins. who's next.I pay each month to read free books. The first two this series were free,now I'm paying. Love them any way. Next is consumer's brother.
Mikkel Libby
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great story.

This was a very well written saga. It took skillful writing to take Meggies past and tie it in with the present. On reviewer was super critical of this. She obviously does not recognize skillful story telling.
maxine newell
Elizabeth
Dec 15, 2014
wendym
Apr 15, 2018

• Untamed Hearts (Highland Hearts, #2.5)
  • Return to Clan Sinclair (Clan Sinclair, #3.5)
  • No Ordinary Mistress (Masquerading Mistresses, #1)
  • The Affair (Sisters of Scandal, #1)
  • Winter's Camp (Ransom Canyon, #0.5)
  • Rough Surrender
  • A Perfect Secret (Rogue Hearts #3)
  • Gunpowder Tea (The Brides of Last Chance Ranch, #3)
  • The Duke's Shotgun Wedding (Scandalous House of Calydon, #1)
  • A Wild Night's Bride (The Devil DeVere #1)
  • Miss Armistead Makes Her Choice (Miss Delacourt #6)
  • The Orphan and the Thief
  • The Awakening of Ivy Leavold (Markham Hall, #1)
  • HerStory: Fiction Honoring Women's History Month
  • Texas Lawman - Will Justice: Revenge at the Rose River Western
  • Simply Sexual (House of Pleasure #1)
  • Lost and Found (Ripple Effect Romance #4)
  • Mama's Bible  (Oregon Trail #1)
Shirleen Davies grew up in Southern California. She attended Oregon State University, and has degrees from San Diego State University and the University of Maryland. During the day she provides consulting services to small and mid-sized businesses. But her real passion is writing emotionally charged stories of flawed people who find redemption through love and acceptance. She now lives with her hu ...more

MacLarens of Fire Mountain (6 books)
  • Tougher Than The Rest (MacLarens of Fire Mountain, #1)
  • Faster Than the Rest (MacLarens of Fire Mountain, #2)
  • Harder Than the Rest  (The MacLarens of Fire Mountain, #3)
  • Stronger than the Rest (MacLarens of Fire Mountain, #4)
  • Wilder than the Rest (MacLarens of Fire Mountain, #6)