Start by marking “Snow Globe (The Amish of Jamesport #1)” as Want to Read:
Snow Globe (The Amish of Jamesport #1)

Snow Globe

(The Amish of Jamesport #1)

A Compassionate Young Woman Esther Beachy enjoys working for an elderly woman who is wheelchair bound. Her client, Anna Petersheim, is pleasant and tells captivating stories. Plus, her home is quiet and far more peaceful than Esther's, with so many siblings. She only dreads the day when Anna's grandson, Viktor, will return from the river to take over the farm. She and Vikt ...more
Published September 26th 2014 by Whitaker House (first published April 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Snow Globe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snow Globe

Kay Garrett
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: want-to-read
THE SNOW GLOBE by Laura V. Hilton is the first book in The Amish of Jamesport series. This author and this book is one that I highly recommend!

Although, I have to admit I was intrigued about the idea of stories featured in Jamesport, MO having visited there several times, it didn’t take long before the author had captured my attentions completely as she so expertly wove the story of Esther Beachy and Viktor Petersheim.

Their love story is full of twists and turns that you wonder if it’s even pos
Maureen DeLuca
Nov 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Not bad for a holiday read- xx
J.C. Morrows
OK... Before you go running off to Amazon, let me warn you that this is a review of a book which is only available for pre-order... right now.
However, I highly recommend that you go pre-order it as soon as you possibly can (like right after you read this awesome review)! It is a WONDERFUL book!
Laura V. Hilton shows that it doesn't matter whether you're Amish or English - love and attraction can take you by surprise and turn your whole world upside down!

The Snow Globe is book 1 of Laura V. Hilt
Dali Castillo
Aug 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
She remembers him as the most annoying bu in school. A flirt. And she would not think about him more than she had to......Not at all.
He remembers her as a thin, gangly girl he'd gone to school with. A few years younger than him. But...., she definitely wasn't a beanpole anymore. Had she always been this pretty?

When I picked up this book, it was late in the evening, so I told myself, "One chapter and that's it for today." Well, that didn't quite work out as planned. Once I got started, I couldn
Barbara Thompson
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Snow Globe is an awesome book. Laura V. Hilton is one of the best Amish authors. When you buy a snow globe, you automatically shake it and in this book, the main characters have their lives shaken. This book shows so many examples of life you may go through from the negative to the positive. The details made The Snow Globe so real to me that I felt the same emotions as the characters. I loved how Laura V. Hilton smoothly introduced other characters into the book. The Snow Globe is Book One i ...more
Sherrie
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced copy of this book and it is a wonderful read. You will fall in love with Esther and Viktor. What a story these two have to tell about their lives. I highly recommend this book. Pre-order it so you can get it as soon as it comes out. You will not be disappointed. Absolutely a story unlike any other. Laura Hilton has done a wonderful job on this book.
Judy
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Laura V. Hilton Has Done It Again! Don’t Miss This Book!

Imagine not having a choice to make your own decisions in life. You are told that you have to be completely submissive. In other words, you have no say so what so ever even in the person you are to marry because this has been decided for you since you were very young. Continue imagining for a minute; suppose lies have been told about you and everyone but a few people completely believe those lies. What hope do you have that the real truth w
Nancee
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Nancee by: quiltcat26@sbcglobal.net
Esther is pledged to a family-arranged, loveless future, and her destiny appears troubling. Caregiver to an elderly Amish couple, Esther discovers what truly makes a relationship happy and strong. Reuben and Anna Petersheim share a love-filled marriage that Esther dreams about and desires for her own life. The return of Viktor, the Petersheim's errant grandson could be her undoing.

Laura V. Hilton creates real-life drama and passion in her characters that strongly connect the reader to her stori
D.J.
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews

The Snow Globe, in my opinion, is the best sort of novel to read…

The characters are likable and easy to relate to; they are loving and considerate… and they are interesting. Too many times I’ve read novels with characters I have nothing in common with, and they’re not appealing in the least; Laura V. Hilton excels at creating characters that appeal to her readers – readers of Amish fiction, especially Amish romance.

Of course, you can’t have a hero without a villain… but even so, he makes the boo
Maryann Skaritka
Oct 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I have read by Laura Hilton and what a wonderful book it was! Her characters were real, believable, sent sparks of romance flying as well as emotional turmoil and decisions that had to be made.

Esther Beachy and Viktor Petersheim are both running away from their personal situations. Esther is escaping an overcrowded house, a father who expects her to turn over all her earnings to her family and a marriage that is arranged to Henry Beiler who turns out to be emotionally an
Tina
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Snow Globe, book 1 of The Amish of Jamestown***** by Laura V. Hilton

Esther Beachy enjoys working for Anna and Reuben Petersheim. But she is not looking forward to the return of their grandson, Viktor, in a few weeks. She wonders if he has changed since he's been gone.

Viktor has been working on a riverboat on the Mississippi river for years, trying to forget the past. On his return to his grandparents farm he is surprised to find Esther...a grown-up Esther...staying there to care for his grandmo
Crissy
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Laura V. Hilton has woven another book that draws me in and makes me feel at home with these people. Esther is just trying to do what is right and what is expected of her. Is she happy, I think she thought so until Viktor arrives and shakes her world. We can tell Viktor is struggling with something that won't let him live the Amish lifestyle but at the same time won't let him leave it all behind. Anna and Reuben seem to be more on Esther's side than their grandson's side, but are they really? A ...more
Linda
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Snow Globe is Book One in The Amish of Jamesport series and WOW! it starts off with a bang! Esther Beachy enjoys working for Anna & Reuben Petersheim as caretaker to Anna. Her situation at home is very strict and very crowded. She, however, dreads the day when Anna & Reuben's grandson, Viktor, comes home from his job on the river, which he took when he left the Amish on the day his parents and siblings were killed in a house fire. Viktor has always been an obnoxious flirt, and Esther ...more
Trinity Rose
Aug 23, 2014 rated it really liked it

Snow Globe by Laura V. Hilton is a very good book and Laura is very talented, but one thing I don’t care for in this book is the kissing, touching and thinking of the two who are in love. It would have been a 5-star plus book if not for that. Call me old fashioned, but I believe you can write an excellent book without thoughts, etc..
Esther knew Viktor when they went to school, but he never paid attention to her. He was always off with other girls and he had many.
After a horrible tragedy Vikto
Lauren
I received this through GoodReads first read's.

The writing and the flow of the book was done very well and kept me interested throughout the book. The author did a very good job in keeping the story progress without giving away too much too soon or too late.

This is a very sweet story. I loved the story behind Victor leaving before returning and he seemed to contain a lot of growth. Esther had some development, but not nearly as much as I hoped; that being said there really didn't seem to be much
Rhonda
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a very different Amish work of fiction and I love it! Laura V. Hilton has written a beautiful story of love, forgiveness. abuse, death, and mercy. Esther and Viktor are two of the most likable characters. I fell in love with them immediately and was rooting for them to fall in love and marry, but life has not that simple for the two young people. They have a long road to travel and Henry is already engaged to Esther and is not willing to give her up. Henry was a character that I quickly ...more
Cindy
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Whooa..this book is filled with romantic tension? My first thought was SIZZLING! The romantic tension between Esther and Viktor was palpable, you could feel it when you read into each scene. But the story was so much more than just a book filled with romantic tension, it was a book that also gave you a peek into the mechanics of marriages in the Amish. I thought I was going to have to go talk to the Bishop too. (You will understand that when you read the book) My heart hurt for Viktor as he work ...more
Deb Newman
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just finished an advanced copy of Snow Globe by Laura V. Hilton. Very Highly Addicting Book. you can't put it down, no spoiler alert here, however, turn your vacation request in, grab this book, sit in your favorite chair, grab a drink, and oh! you might want to turn your phone off, no interuptions here, and sit back and let Laura V Hilton take you to Amish Country. Wonderful, Breathtaking Romance Story, and by the way you might want to buy an extra copy for your friend because once they see t ...more
Dawn
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Delightful story of love through adversity. Esther must deal with her new attraction to Viktor and her uncertain future with Henry. When rumors are spread by Henry that calls into question Esther's commitment. I laughed and cried while reading this book. A story of having faith and trusting in God and love.
Diana
Feb 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I found my first book by Laura V. Hilton a beautifully romantic, angst-filled read. However, there were many short 2-3 word sentences that kept the story from flowing smoothly and gave it a choppy feeling. But in spite of that the storyline was intriguing and the conclusion satisfying. A wunderbaar love story that was very hard to put down!
Pat
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Esther's world is turned upside down with the return of Viktor. What should she do? Excellent reading!!
Debra
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book - I felt the full gamut of emotions while reading it! I was in tears at times, laughing at others, worried, scared, and overjoyed at the ending. It doesn't get better than that! I really enjoy this author's writing style!
Kim Vizzini
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this book! Great Christmas read or any day ❤ ...more
wanderer
Mar 11, 2017 added it
Shelves: abandoned
Not a romance fan, but I tried this because it's set in one of my most familiar places on earth. Only problem is, it could've been set anywhere. There were no Jamesport landmarks at all, and...well, it's definitely a romance novel.
Lynda
Oct 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amish
A well-written beginning of "The Amish of Jamesport [Missouri]" series. The author, Laura V Hilton, creates a wonderful tension yet love between the two central characters. The side characters are also developed so that the reader will want to know more about them.

The book has garnered many five stars so why am I only giving four.

I added this book to my Amazon Wishlist in hopes I would receive it as a gift and I did. You see the Amish began to move into Jamesport when I was just a little girl.
Tina Watson
Oh my! What a book! I was on the edge of my seat the whole way through "Snow Globe".

After a house fire that killed his parents and brothers that left him the only survivor other than his grandparents, Viktor Petersheim left his Amish community for the Mississippi River for five years; He is now willing to return home to his inherited house that his grandparents live-in to make amends with them. What he find is even more than he looking for in his heart.

With her family's home small and very crow
Marilyn
Rereading Snow Globe was delightful just like the first time I read this compelling story by Laura V. Hilton. There's a fantastic storyline with an underlying message of God's grace, mercy, love, second chances and faith that never fails an individual.

Review 10/26/15
The Snow Globe was an enjoyable read with Esther caring for an elderly couple, Anna and Ruben. Esther is very compassionate and loves this couple. She has been dating Henry but there are some concerns about his true character. When
Cheryl Baranski
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Snow Globe, By: Laura V. Hilton
This is book one in The Amish of Jamesport series by Laura V. Hilton.
This is book is a home run! This is a fast moving book that keeps you on the edge of your seat all the way through it! I read this book in a day it was that well written! I am so looking forward to the next book in the series. Laura brought things into this story that we may deal with in our everyday lives. I felt so many emotions in this book from laughter, frustration, and anger. I was cheering
Lori
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love loved it! Laura v. Hilton is a wonderful writer! im so happy that Esther went with her heart and trusted God! I was drawn into the story from the beginning. I love books like this.
A person is nothing without God. He is what makes us whole in our daily lives.
The Amish aren't perfect either. They gossip and spread rumors especially when there is another person involved. This book shows that the Amish are human beings too!
Snow Globe is first in this series. I made the mistake of reading P
Cheryl
Oct 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a typical Amish romance story. Esther works taking care of a elderly woman and her grandson comes home, someone that Esther went to school with and she thought he was obnoxious. When he comes home they fall for each other but are kept apart by the rules of the Amish and the man she is supposed to marry.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Christian Book Gi...: The Snow Globe by Laura V. Hilton ends November 23 1 7 Nov 15, 2014 04:56AM
  • Huckleberry Christmas (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, #3)
  • A Simple Hope (Lancaster Crossroads #2)
  • First Impressions: An Amish Tale of Pride and Prejudice (The Amish Classics, #1)
  • Gabriel's Bride (Clover Ridge #3)
  • Love Redeemed (New Hope Amish #2)
  • The Kissing Bridge (Seven Brides for Seven Bachelors, #3)
  • The Bachelor (Plain City Peace #2)
  • A Plain Man
  • The Amish Blacksmith
  • An Amish Christmas Quilt (Seasons of the Heart #4.5)
  • Thankful (Return to Sugarcreek #2)
  • A Road Unknown (Amish Roads, #1)
  • The Calling (Inn at Eagle Hill #2)
  • A Miracle of Hope (The Amish Wonders, #1)
Award winning author, Laura Hilton, her husband, Steve, and their five children make their home in Arkansas. She is a pastor’s wife, a stay-at-home mom and home-schools. Laura is also a breast cancer survivor.

Her publishing credits include three books in the Amish of Seymour series from Whitaker House: Patchwork Dreams, A Harvest of Hearts (winner of the 2012 Clash of the Titles Award in two categ

The Amish of Jamesport (3 books)
  • The Postcard (The Amish of Jamesport, #2)
  • The Bird House (The Amish of Jamesport #3)