Start by marking “Sea of Stars (Kricket, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sea of Stars (Kricket, #2)

Sea of Stars

(Kricket #2)

Eighteen-year-old Kricket Hollowell was looking for her place in the world when she discovered that the universe was bigger—and more dangerous—than she had ever dreamed. Now, whisked across space to the planet Ethar, Kricket learns that her genetic ability to see the future makes her a sought-after commodity…and the catalyst for war between her star-crossed parents’ clans. ...more
Published March 31st 2015 by 47North

To ask other readers questions about Sea of Stars, please sign up.

Simge
Sep 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-read
description

**UPDATE 12/16 **

3,5 Stars

“I have a paper heart and he has written notes all over it.”

I finally got around to reading this, and more than two years passed since I read the first book. Considering that it was pretty easy to get back into the world, and remember characters and such.
First of all, I didn't dislike the story in general, no in fact I'm still and always will be impressed by Bartols story writing, still in awe of her ability to create such worlds and write in a way that’s deep and e
Ashley
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book...is probably one of the best sequels I have ever read. it definitely surpassed UDS in romance and action and heartbreaking moments (and humor haha, oh yes, definitely). This book was beautiful and dark and heartbreaking and so well written. the cliffhanger of course killed me....but most of the book had me dying anyway.

I am so sad that I read this all on its release date because I should have savored it. Luckily the third book comes out in SEPTEMBER!
Steph Sinclair
Actual rating: 1.5 stars.

The romance isn't too bad in this one if you forget the fact that it's an Insta love romance. It has a good amount of cringe worthy moments that'll make you vomit in your mouth, same amount of wish fulfillment wankery and moments of intense eye rolling. But this time with sexy times! Sex in a bed! Sex in a dirt hole! Sex against a tree! Whoo hoo, sex, baby, yeah!

>_>

So why did I read it despite disliking the first book?

Answer: The narrator is pretty great and it
Pam
4 stars
“Love is the worst...It sets fire to us just to see who it can kill.”

Kricket's story continues in the arms of the man she loves. How can you feel so much for someone that it hurts to think of them ever leaving your side. Knowing the inevitable is about to happen, she does what she does best; survive. Kricket is the definition of strength, honor and truth; holding her own against an oasis in a sea of scary. As the truth of her past is revealed, she realizes that there is only one perso
Shelly Crane
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"I swooned, laughed, gasped, and then swooned some more. Bartol writes an epic story!"
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Amazon Publishing and NetGalley.)

“Has anybody ever told you that you’re irritating?”
“No. Everybody loves me,”

This was an okay sequel, but I did find it confusing in places.

Kricket seemed to need constant baby sitting in this book, which wasn’t quite what I expected. It just seemed like she’d constantly got someone with her looking after her and trying to keep her safe, and I was surprised that she put
Candace
Picking up where 'Under Different Stars' left off, Kricket is cast into an unfamiliar world of civil wars and forced unions. She finds herself to be an object of obsession for many. Everyone seems to want to either own her and control her, or to want to eliminate her as a threat. It is getting harder and harder to decipher who she should trust and what everyone's motives are.

This second book in the series is full of action and adventure. Imprisoned and tortured at times, on the run at other time
JAIME
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
This book is strange, in that a bunch of stuff goes down - but, I got to the end of the book and felt like not a lot happened. There wasn't enough feeling in the events to make them seem real. And, for me, moments that could have been huge were simplified by Kricket saying something stupid about the sexy way Trey smells - and that happened more than once. I mean, people are dying all around you, and that is what is running through your mind?!

Kricket herself, is one of the worst characters I have
Jacqueline's Reads
5 Consume me with Love Stars

Sea of Stars is the second book of the Kricket series.

I love young adult books and I love young adult books with a touch of fantasy, epic love and romance and intense story-line.

All the reviews are justified and you will be gripping the pages from start to finish and never wanting to let go. I did an audio read with this one and it was the BEST way. I love the narrator and brilliance audio produces really great books.

Sea of Stars picks up where Under Different Stars e
Angela
THANK YOU AMY BARTOL FOR GETTING ME OUT OF MY READING SLUMP!!
Sea of Stars literally picks up where Under Different Stars left off. We are still following Krickets story as she continues to be a fugitive. Kricket in this novel much like the first, is still a force to be reckoned with. She is still strong and still insanely smart. The big difference between book one and two is that this one is over-packed with action (yes this is a good thing). You’ll find yourself barely having time to breath wit
Dana

Whelp...that was a departure from the first book. We were left in YA and started off again in the very erotic NA. I mean I'm no prude, but I like a little more meat in my stories than just..well, meat. The first half of the book was literally a single drawn out fight scene, and the second half was mostly just Kricket and Trey making out. I like romance as much as the next person, but when the story is just a series of love scenes my interest wanes.

This dramatic shift in story priority didn't si
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
4.5 Stars!

Sea of Stars picks up right where the last ended, with Kricket and the gang hanging low and jumpy at every whisper, creak, or sudden noise, and for good reason, there are people out there that still want her. That still believe she belongs to them.

When I read the first book last year, it completely surprised me with how much I enjoyed it. This isn't typically my go to genre but Kricket, Trey, Jax, and Wayra won me over heart and soul. In fact, the boys are what really make this series.
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sea of Stars (Kricket #2) by Amy Bartol
5 stars!!

“If this doesn’t work out for us, Kricket, know that I’ve loved you from the moment I held you in my arms on Ethar, and every moment in between. I will love you even after my final breath.”

I am in total awe of Amy Bartol, every book I read of hers just gets better and better. This series needs to be a film, seriously!! I feel the same about the Premonition series too...Amy has this incredible talent for scene setting, she brings her books to li
Kelly
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Sea of Stars is the second book in the series and I loved it.

I love the settings the author created with bits of new words and technologies. In this book, Alameeda declares war to Rafe and it's getting really dangerous for the characters. There was a lot of action and I wasn't bored. I liked seing Kricket and Trey together, they make a great couple. They love each other and manage to find each other again even in some surprising situations. We also learn more about Kricket's family and the othe
Alaina
UGH! THAT ENDING THOUGH

I still liked this book and this series but Kricket seemed to be more serious than her fun and sassy self?!? Maybe that's just me. I still hate Kyon so freaking much. I AM STILL IN LOVE WITH TREY. I will continue to ship Trey and Kricket - I don't care what anyone says, they are perfect for each other and a god damn goal of a couple.

I have no idea what the third book will be about and I don't want to know until I have it in my hands or on my kindle OR if I freaking find ti
Angela
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*I received a copy of this book from the publisher and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*

I have loved Amy Bartol's books since I began reading the Premonition series way back when. However, when I started reading Under Different Stars, I was even more enamored with her. Yes, I love Evie and Reed and the rest of the gang, but there is something about Kricket and Trey and the world of Erath that speaks to my soul. Yes, you read right. This series affected me differently than the Premonit
Christy LoveOfBooks
Nov 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing

4.5

I don’t even know exactly what it is about this series that causes the addictive feeling I get while reading it. It’s weird. When I finished Sea of Stars, I immediately went back and reread the last four chapters because I wasn’t ready to let go. I rarely do that, but I craved more.

This picks up immediately where Under Different Stars left us. War is coming and Kricket is in the middle of it. Oh boy, does it go down! It’s an exciting journey for sure, with twists and secrets abound.

I’m st
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
Grrrr. I hate when I stop paying attention to how much time I have left on the audio and I get caught unawares by a semi-cliffy like that.

I felt like they were all just playing a sick game of keep-away with poor Kricket for the majority of this book. Kinda made my head spin how many times she was abducted or almost taken. Still, she remains unflappable and never resorts to being a damsel in distress.

And I really appreciate that, so far, the romance hasn't gone into that territory, neither with K
Vilma Iris
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sea of Stars is a riveting, romantic, richly imagined fantasy.

If you haven’t read bestselling author Amy A. Bartol yet, you must. Her stories consume you. Her writing makes you feel. Her heroes make your heart race. And her heroines are fearless and inspiring.

Sea of Stars (her second installment in the urban fantasy Kricket series) is a riveting romance that thrums to life in the vibrant, imaginative and also perilous world of Ethar. It’s exciting, action-packed, suspenseful and immediately abso
Shelley
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Sonic Sayzer Sizzling Stars

ARC generously provided by publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I must start by saying that five stars just doesn't seem enough for me, if I could I would give this book 10 stars. I should also say that I am a huge fan of Amy Bartol's writing, her Premonition series is one of my all time favorites. So when she started the Kricket series I was a little nervous because I wasn't sure how she could write characters I loved just as much as her other on
Katie
ARC received via NetGalley

This book is the continuation of Kricket's story. I loved the first book in this series and this one did not disappoint. Everything I loved about the first book, is in this one as well. There is still a strong, captivating storyline. This book, compared to the previous, is much more action-packed which made it very engrossing to read. There were also some plot twists that I wasn't expecting.

"You are the brightest star among the Sea of Stars, Kricket."

During this book,
Stacee
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just don't have words for this book. Rarely do I enjoy a second book more than the first, but somehow I think this one has done it.

Kricket and Trey are fantastic together. Trey brings some serious swoons this round and it was hard not to just sit and reread all of the things. Jax and Wayra are just as much fun as they were in book 2. Maybe even more so because they really care for Kricket, so their interactions have more behind them.

The were a couple of twists I didn't see coming and I was d
Aira  Cabrera
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

I loved it.

This book picks up where Under Different Stars left off. Kricket and Trey are finally free to be together, for about a night. The next day everything goes to shit.

The Alameeda declares war against everyone. I loved how the book was so action packed. There was never a dull moment. Kricket, this girl had it hard. EVERYONE wanted to capture her and use her. She was kind of like the ring that everyone wanted to get a hold of on L
T
I'm loving this series, and of course Kate Rudd, one of my favorites narrator.
Emmeline (The Book Herald)
I received a copy of this book from 47North Amazon Publishing via NG in return for an honest review!

THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING!!

This was this easiest 5 stars that i've given to a book in a while.
I didn't question it.
I had no need to second guess myself.
It's a 5 star for sure!!

Okay I'm going to be jumping straight into it and write a rendition of the plot!

"We stand together as a unified force of destiny. In this , Our most monumental moment, we teeter upon the precipice of a new dawn: the rise of t
S.E. Anderson
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
I was given an advance copy of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I have to admit... I did not like this novel. Though the world created was fascinating, the characters were incredibly one dimensional. Anyone but Trey and Kricket seemed to have a single character trait (if any), and were somewhat forgettable.

It had a bad case of 'Mary Sue'-itis, with the main protagonist being unrealistic and, admittedly, quite annoying. The reader is constantly dragged away from the plot
The Y.A. Bookworm Blogger
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Soooo, book three? Where is it?!?!

I've been waiting for this book for a long time now and I'm so thrilled to have gotten the opportunity to read it a little bit earlier than its release date. Amy Bartol has an impressive gift for writing great stories with even greater romances...So much chemistry and swooniness....my ebook is littered with highlights everywhere!! Trey reminded me once again why he's one of my favourite book boyfriends! Wowzah!

Lovey-dovey-ness aside, Sea of Stars was a solid seq
Rebecca Wash
Aug 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked this one way more than book 1. Kyon is still my favorite character. He's so complex and he's definitely the most interesting character to me. I feel sorry for him because I think he really does have true feelings for Kricket.

"I want you...your beautiful face, your taste, your mouth full of lies, your sad, violet eyes-I hate them, but I want them."
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jul 25, 2015 10:00AM
  • Sink (Cold Mark Saga #2)
  • Refuge (Relentless #2)
  • Addicted (Outlaws, #2)
  • Elder (Firstborn Trilogy, #3)
  • A Matter of Truth (Fate, #3)
  • Restraint (The Revelation #2)
  • Take Me To Your Reader: An Otherworld Anthology
  • Fear Me Not (The EVE Chronicles, #1)
  • Demons in Disguise (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #3)
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • Taunting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #2)
  • Never Let You Go (The Prophecy of Tyalbrook, #2)
  • Come Alive (Experiment in Terror, #7)
  • First (The Crescent Chronicles #4.1)
  • Terrorscape (Horrorscape, #3)
  • Birthright (Residue, #2)
Author of the Secondborn Series:

Indebted (Book 3)
Incendiary (Book 4)
Iniquity (Book 5)

Author of the Kricket Series
Under Different Stars (Book 1)
Sea of Stars (Book 2)
Darken the Stars (Book 3)

The Divided - A Science Fict

Kricket (3 books)
  • Under Different Stars (Kricket, #1)
  • Darken the Stars (Kricket, #3)
“Oh, I’m so going to put a knife in the other side of your chest, I think, feeling stabby.” 12 likes
“I have a paper heart and he has written notes all over it.” 11 likes